Random Movie News

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby The Vicar on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:17 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
Fievel wrote:Del Toro to direct... and Gaiman to write... Doctor Strange!?!?!?

Cool...... but I wants some Hobbits first I do....

Sometimes I wonder whether the sole purpose of Guillermo Del Toro's existence is to keep movie scoop sites and mags in the black. That goes double for Tarantino; at least Del Toro will occasionally direct something he's said he will.

I know - this is the kind of shite that will drive a film geek nutz.
Right now, I'd let Del Toro direct damned near anything he wants.
I'd love to see Dr. Strange get a proper treatment, considering some of the limp assed tries that we've already suffered through.
Crom, make it so.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

The Spook's Apprentice

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 pm

IESB.net has a script review of Tim Burton's next movie: The Spook's Apprentice!
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Random Movie News

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:59 pm

The Vicar wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:
Fievel wrote:Del Toro to direct... and Gaiman to write... Doctor Strange!?!?!?

Cool...... but I wants some Hobbits first I do....

Sometimes I wonder whether the sole purpose of Guillermo Del Toro's existence is to keep movie scoop sites and mags in the black. That goes double for Tarantino; at least Del Toro will occasionally direct something he's said he will.

I know - this is the kind of shite that will drive a film geek nutz.
Right now, I'd let Del Toro direct damned near anything he wants.
I'd love to see Dr. Strange get a proper treatment, considering some of the limp assed tries that we've already suffered through.
Crom, make it so.

Kevin Smith dose the same thing...
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby LaDracul on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Wow, someone must've been reading my mind-

Stan Helsing, a comedy about a video store clerk who has to battle monsters on Halloween night.

I'm hoping for a cute girl sidekick that's also a video store clerk. :D
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Archive on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Dark Knight wrote:a direct to video sequel to NEW JACK CITY is in the works as I speak

Dear Lord. That's as bad as the sequel to Carlito's Way.
Archive
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:37 pm

LaDracul wrote:Stan Helsing, a comedy about a video store clerk who has to battle monsters on Halloween night.

Holy crappa... they'll a greenlight anything these a days, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby minstrel on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:00 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
LaDracul wrote:Stan Helsing, a comedy about a video store clerk who has to battle monsters on Halloween night.

Holy crappa... they'll a greenlight anything these a days, no?

So who are you to point fingers?

:wink:
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

JJ Abrams

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 pm

JJ Abrams has another secret project.
source : iesb
Later, we talked with a group of Transformers effects artists fresh off their win for Outstanding Models or Miniatures in a Motion Picture. Dave Fogler, Ron Woodall, Alex Jaeger and Brian Gernand explained that not all of them would be returning for Transformers 2 as some have started work on a secret JJ Abrams project that isn't Fringe, Star Trek or Cloverfield 2.

"They're working on the most exciting thing to ever happen in the film industry ever ever!" smiled Gernand.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:59 pm

TheButcher wrote:JJ Abrams has another secret project.
Later, we talked with a group of Transformers effects artists fresh off their win for Outstanding Models or Miniatures in a Motion Picture. Dave Fogler, Ron Woodall, Alex Jaeger and Brian Gernand explained that not all of them would be returning for Transformers 2 as some have started work on a secret JJ Abrams project that isn't Fringe, Star Trek or Cloverfield 2.

"They're working on the most exciting thing to ever happen in the film industry ever ever!" smiled Gernand.

I'd love to think it's The Dark Tower series, but something tells me that that project will never happen.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fawst on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:10 pm

I'll keep that rumor going.

ABRAMS IS MAKING DARK TOWER!!! HOLY SHIT THE GREATEST STORY BY THE GREATEST STORYTELLER, OMG SO FUCKING 1337!!!111one11one!!

See, the more we shout about it, the more likely it is to happen someday :D
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:19 am

"Mighty Boosh" movie coming soon

I have a bad feeling we yanks might end up with this straight-to-DVD in this country...

However, to do what Fawst was doing...

OMG, I WANNA SEE THEM IN THAT POTP REMAKE!?>!!!111 FOX, YA LISTENIN'?!?!?!1!?

ETA-And Rain aka Bi gets another career boost thanks to the Wachowskis-
"Ninja Assassin"
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:42 am

The People Vs. George Lucas
So, there’s a new documentary in the works set for a 2009 release entitled The People vs. George Lucas and the filmmakers are currently looking for Star Wars fans to submit interviews confessing their feelings on the man and his ever expanding universe. And judging by the rather ballsy title, it will focus on burn victims, of the lightsaber variety. Let’s all shake a fist at the prequels, shall we? If you’re interested in participating, look here.

They should have called it Talk Back The Movie!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby LaDracul on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:08 pm

TheButcher wrote:The People Vs. George Lucas
So, there’s a new documentary in the works set for a 2009 release entitled The People vs. George Lucas and the filmmakers are currently looking for Star Wars fans to submit interviews confessing their feelings on the man and his ever expanding universe. And judging by the rather ballsy title, it will focus on burn victims, of the lightsaber variety. Let’s all shake a fist at the prequels, shall we? If you’re interested in participating, look here.

They should have called it Talk Back The Movie!

Makes me think of that episode of "Clerks" where Randall abuses his lawyer skills to extort money from directors whose films disappointed him....
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:59 pm

I wonder if someone will actually claim that George Lucas raped his childhood.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby LaDracul on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:35 am

Cillian Murphy explores his feminine side yet again in "Peacock", where one of his split personalities is his wife.

And Ellen Page is in it, too.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:53 pm

John Landis is set to direct Ghoulishly Yours, William M. Gaines.

Silently approves.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:59 pm

I vote for Paul Giamatti to play Gaines.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:02 pm

LaDracul wrote:I vote for Paul Giamatti to play Gaines.

I love it.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:07 pm

LaDracul wrote:I vote for Paul Giamatti to play Gaines.

Or Bruce Vilanch.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:31 am

LaDracul wrote:Cillian Murphy explores his feminine side yet again in "Peacock", where one of his split personalities is his wife.

And Ellen Page is in it, too.

I LOVE Cillian Murphy and if it's even half as good as "Breakfast on Pluto" it should be a treat.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby JpPrewitt789 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:50 am

Maybe Murphy likes dressing up as women just a little too much? I know I have to do it at least once a week but I mean on camera? This guy, he's just a little weird.
JpPrewitt789
REAL DRAGON

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 am

Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:and if it's even half as good as "Breakfast on Pluto" it should be a treat.

ditTranny-o!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:14 am

JpPrewitt789 wrote:Maybe Murphy likes dressing up as women just a little too much? I know I have to do it at least once a week but I mean on camera? This guy, he's just a little weird.

Before I read the post above yours, I thought you were talking about Eddie Murphy.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby LaDracul on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 am

He's pretty enough, but he has a wife and kids.

Though I'm not sure if he WILL cross-dress in this film...
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:53 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 am

Again?

Kelsey Grammer is Scrooge yet again

Only it's a modern day version...which I don't think will top "Scrooged".
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:44 am

LaDracul wrote:Again?

Kelsey Grammer is Scrooge yet again

Only it's a modern day version...which I don't think will top "Scrooged".

So its going to be like Epic movie set in the Christmas Carol world....Fuuuunn.... :roll:
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

JJ Abrams

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:01 pm

Fievel wrote:
TheButcher wrote:JJ Abrams has another secret project.

I'd love to think it's The Dark Tower series, but something tells me that that project will never happen.

Fawst wrote:I'll keep that rumor going.

ABRAMS IS MAKING DARK TOWER!!! HOLY SHIT THE GREATEST STORY BY THE GREATEST STORYTELLER, OMG SO FUCKING 1337!!!111one11one!!

See, the more we shout about it, the more likely it is to happen someday :D

Check out this interview with JJ Abrams.
He talks about Cloverfield, Star Trek and The Dark Tower!

Watch the interview here:reelz channel.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby LaDracul on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Aside from "Renaissance Men" (A Rainn Wilson comedy about two guys in the Ren Faire), Jack Black and Lindsay Lohan headline "Ye Olde Times"-

After years of performing together, a rag-tag theatre troupe is about to lose its prime gig at Ye Olde Times Renaissance Faire when the Faire's owner threatens to hand over their stage to a rival troupe of conceited, classically trained Shakespearean actors. The gonzo group must revive their act and find help from an unexpected source - their two new backstage hands, a young actor and actress who must overcome all manner of subterfuge and opposition to prove their worth, win the day, and - perhaps - fall in love.

It also has Cary Elwes, Missi Pyle, Will Arnett and Jason Bateman. XD
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:33 pm

LaDracul wrote:Aside from "Renaissance Men" (A Rainn Wilson comedy about two guys in the Ren Faire), Jack Black and Lindsay Lohan headline "Ye Olde Times"-

After years of performing together, a rag-tag theatre troupe is about to lose its prime gig at Ye Olde Times Renaissance Faire when the Faire's owner threatens to hand over their stage to a rival troupe of conceited, classically trained Shakespearean actors. The gonzo group must revive their act and find help from an unexpected source - their two new backstage hands, a young actor and actress who must overcome all manner of subterfuge and opposition to prove their worth, win the day, and - perhaps - fall in love.

Somewhere underneath California, the Marx Brothers are spinning fast enough to dig into China.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:57 pm

LaDracul wrote:Aside from "Renaissance Men" (A Rainn Wilson comedy about two guys in the Ren Faire), Jack Black and Lindsay Lohan headline "Ye Olde Times"-

A dollar on a dime says that Cary Elwes is the "conceited, classically trained" troupe leader. Typecast?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby LaDracul on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:A dollar on a dime says that Cary Elwes is the "conceited, classically trained" troupe leader. Typecast?

Yeah, too easy.

"I want my chaffing dish back."
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Silver Surfer

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm

From comics 2 film:
For what the Silver Surfer movie entails Straczynski says it will cover the origin of the character. He said it will feature Galactus, noting that the latest Fantastic Four film held off on showing Galactus to reveal him for this film.

J. Michael Straczynski wrote the screenplay to the Silver Surfer movie.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Groo the Movie

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Groo the Movie
Some time in the next day or three, Variety and/or Hollywood Reporter should run the news that Sergio Aragonés and I have sold the motion picture rights to our silly comic book character, Groo the Wanderer. We've made a deal with a company called I.P.W. that seems to us trustworthy and eager to do right by the property. In the 23 years Groo has been around, we have been approached over and over with offers but never with one we felt we could accept. There were a couple that fell apart because the producers were having internal problems...and in one case, a key player in the deal died suddenly, ending what could have been a very interesting adaptation. At other times, we've been offered contracts that were either woefully deficient in the cash department or, worse, in the category of Creative Control.

Having poured large chunks of our lives into the comic, we were not about to hand it over to someone else who might think, "Hmm...the Olsen Twins are hot. Maybe Groo could be two blonde ladies." So we waited and waited...and then, about eight months ago, we suddenly had a flurry of intriguing and competing offers, and we finally accepted this one, which is more like a partnership arrangement that will keep us both involved. If you care at all about the particulars, they should be making the rounds soon. Just remember that Sergio and I are only working on the screenplay at the moment and that this thing is a long way from turning up at your neighborhood Cineplex. That's assuming it ever does, and I certainly would never assume that about any movie project from anyone. I'll let you know more when there's more to know.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 pm

TheButcher wrote:Groo the Movie
Some time in the next day or three, Variety and/or Hollywood Reporter should run the news that Sergio Aragonés and I have sold the motion picture rights to our silly comic book character, Groo the Wanderer. We've made a deal with a company called I.P.W. that seems to us trustworthy and eager to do right by the property. In the 23 years Groo has been around, we have been approached over and over with offers but never with one we felt we could accept. There were a couple that fell apart because the producers were having internal problems...and in one case, a key player in the deal died suddenly, ending what could have been a very interesting adaptation. At other times, we've been offered contracts that were either woefully deficient in the cash department or, worse, in the category of Creative Control.

Having poured large chunks of our lives into the comic, we were not about to hand it over to someone else who might think, "Hmm...the Olsen Twins are hot. Maybe Groo could be two blonde ladies." So we waited and waited...and then, about eight months ago, we suddenly had a flurry of intriguing and competing offers, and we finally accepted this one, which is more like a partnership arrangement that will keep us both involved. If you care at all about the particulars, they should be making the rounds soon. Just remember that Sergio and I are only working on the screenplay at the moment and that this thing is a long way from turning up at your neighborhood Cineplex. That's assuming it ever does, and I certainly would never assume that about any movie project from anyone. I'll let you know more when there's more to know.

umm, that link is to a blog report from Friday, September 24, 2004...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:41 pm

oops. sorry man.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby LaDracul on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:05 am

The Rock is The Tooth Fairy.

I noticed it's directed by the same fellow who did the last two "Santa Clause" movies...and that one had a male tooth fairy who preferred to be called "The Molarnator"....
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Cocaine Cowboys

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:58 am

If you smeeelllll what the Molarnator is cooking!!!

Mark and Leo are going to be Cocaine Cowboys. Yee Haw!
Mid-strike, filmmaker Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg signed on for Cocaine Cowboys, a feature adaptation of that cocaine trafficking documentary that came out back in 2006. Mr. Wahlberg was set to play Jon Roberts, a Miami drug dealer who distributed billions of dollars worth of cocaine. Now Page Six says that he'll be joined by Departed co-star Leonardo DiCaprio for all of the retro drug shenanigans.

A movie insider told the site that this film "will blow Blow out of the water," and that Leo "is excited about the opportunity to play the airplane pilot who travels with Mark's character to obtain kilos of cocaine from Pablo Escobar." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that means Leo will be Mickey Munday? (Get more info on the story through the above doc link, or in an old interview here.)

I hope Cliff Curtis plays Escobar again.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:00 am

Don't know if anyone else has said anything about this but what is the one thing better then 2-D Step Up franchise?

Hells Yah!!!!!!!!!11!!!!two!!!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:07 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Don't know if anyone else has said anything about this but what is the one thing better then 2-D Step Up franchise?

I just, I mean, I just want it to end. The pain, that is. I just want it to end. NS IR QON'R.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Don't know if anyone else has said anything about this but what is the one thing better then 2-D Step Up franchise?

uh, a 3-D "Boogie Nights" franchise? :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Random Movie News

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 am

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby LaDracul on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:27 am

Well, three of the other movies from that production company sound better-

Wish-A remake of "Aladdin"
Topper-A remake with Steve Martin about a man 'haunted' by fun-loving ghosts
All of Me-A remake of a Steve Martin film starring Queen Latifah about a woman who accidentally gets someone else's soul transfered to her body during a mystical ceremony.

And I really hope they don't screw up the last one. That was one of Steve's best films.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

New Line Cinema

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Good bye New Line Cinema :(
From Latino Review:

Hollywood Reporter

Shaye, Lynne out at New Line
By Georg Szalai

Feb 29, 2008

NEW YORK -- New Line Cinema co-chairmen and co-CEOs Robert Shaye and Michael Lynne will leave the studio as part of a consolidation of Time Warner's film operations unveiled Thursday afternoon.

They are, however, "in discussions about possible future business relationships with the company," TW said.

As expected, the conglomerate announced the consolidation of its filmed entertainment businesses, Warner Bros. Entertainment and New Line, with the latter being operated as a unit of Warner Bros.

New Line will maintain separate development, production, marketing, distribution and business affairs operations. However, it will "closely integrate and coordinate those functions with Warner Bros. to maximize film performance and operating efficiencies, achieve significant cost savings, and improve margins," TW said.

"We are moving quickly to improve our business performance and financial returns," TW CEO Jeff Bewkes said. "Given the trend toward fewer movie releases, New Line and Warner Bros. will now have more complementary release slates, with New Line focusing on genres that have been its strength.

"New Line has been our respective life's work as well as our second family," Shaye and Lynne said. "While we're sad to be leaving, we're enormously proud to have overseen its extraordinary growth." They added that they "will now focus our efforts on exploring new entrepreneurial opportunities."

*edit*

from judao:
LOS ANGELES - A unexpected rumor grows stronger in Hollywood since last week. Close sources to top executives and stars such as Nicole Kidman reports that box office failure in US theaters with Golden Compass was the last drop concerning the future of New Line Cinema. Although the movie grossed fortunes throughout the world and won a Special Effects Oscar, besting favorite Transformers, sounds like that nothing can save the company from being dissolved. The last chapter on this story was written after the publicity stunts for the Golden Compass in Japan, the last major market to premiere the fantasy flick. A person related to Nicole Kidman said that “even worldwide gross won’t be enough to save themâ€
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby minstrel on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:52 pm

So where does this leave The Hobbit?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:32 am

The Golden Compass, she is a to a the New Line as a the Heaven's Gate, she was a to a the United Artists, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby instant_karma on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:43 pm

I don't think this is really about the returns of Golden Compass, which they must have always realised was a risky proposition.

I'd guess it's more about it being a convenient excuse to get rid of Shaye and Lynne after getting quite a lot of bad ink recently regarding their attempts at withholding royalties from various rights owners and profit participants.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:19 am

75 years ago today, March 2nd, 1933, "King Kong" premiered and saved RKO from going bankrupt.

In celebration, the Dryden Theater in Rochester NY is showing the original on the big screen.

It was very cool to see it on the big screen again. All those close-ups of the giant Kong bust (covered with 40 bearskins) really make an impact that just doesn't come through on the TV screen.

I'm always amazed at how much there is to see in the movie. The jungle sets are still fantastic, and there's this one shot of the Venture's crew first rowing ashore on the island, with the wall and Skull Mountain visible in the background that still, 75 years later, look amazing, and real.

The optical effects work (including scenes of front and rear projection blended with miniature work and stop motion) that went into that film was head and shoulders above anything that had been attempted before, and were still being used 45-50 years later in Star Wars, the Original Trilogy.

Even more amazing is that "talkies" had only been out for 6 years when the film was made.

I love those old film pioneers... going balls out, making it up as they go along, taking no prisoners, and asking forgiveness after the box office receipts were collected!
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Maui on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:It was very cool to see it on the big screen again. All those close-ups of the giant Kong bust (covered with 40 bearskins) really make an impact that just doesn't come through on the TV screen.

I'm always amazed at how much there is to see in the movie. The jungle sets are still fantastic, and there's this one shot of the Venture's crew first rowing ashore on the island, with the wall and Skull Mountain visible in the background that still, 75 years later, look amazing, and real.

The optical effects work (including scenes of front and rear projection blended with miniature work and stop motion) that went into that film was head and shoulders above anything that had been attempted before, and were still being used 45-50 years later in Star Wars, the Original Trilogy.

Even more amazing is that "talkies" had only been out for 6 years when the film was made.

I love those old film pioneers... going balls out, making it up as they go along, taking no prisoners, and asking forgiveness after the box office

receipts were collected!

It is a classic that none of the remakes have been able to touch. I recall that scene you mention of them rowing into shore. I always hated to see Kong die at the end. Tore me up. :(
Maui
WoWie

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:32 am

Yeah, it was cool. I took my daughter to see it (she's 7) and she loved it. She knew it was all fake but didn't quite know how it was all done.

As they showed the long shot of Kong climbing the Empire State Building, she said "wow! That man in the suit must be a really good climber to be able to climb that high!"
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News