Random Movie News

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:42 am

Wow, that stinks. I love Forrest Gump, and hate the idea of a sequel.
Some movies demand a follow up movie, and some movie don't. FG follows the latter...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby LaDracul on Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:23 pm

There are films that don't need sequels..."E.T", "Moulin Rouge!", and this one, for example. Really, no one needs to milk this anymore. It's probably an excuse to insert him in the 1995 Oscar ceremony, huh?

Now, if Disney actually wised up and followed through on that "Roger Rabbit" sequel, I'd be behind it 100%.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby puddleglum on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:47 pm

I hear there's a scene in Gump 2: The Awakening where he goes to see a movie in 1994 about a guy who, by sheer dumb luck, gets shot in the ass and lives, runs across America a few times, and talks about boxes of chocolate.

And he's played by Tom Hanks. Gump's ladyfriend with AIDS, Jenny, suggests he hire a lawyer to sue b/c the story seems awfulyl close to his. Near the end, Gump will show Jack Nicholson his ass at the Oscars.
puddleglum
GLIB

Postby silentbobafett on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:16 am

Is it me or has it been rather quiet recently on film news? I had my little film information hotline (business news) thing going, but paused on it while doing the film, but there really hasn't been much of "interested" to put on there of late. Not that there was much anyway! ;-)

Strange!

Where are the Dark Knight, Watchmen, and whole of abundance of kick ass film insights that we're dying to get hold of! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:30 am

Speaking of RANDOM:

Grant Morrison, famed comic book writer, has been hired to write the feature film adaptation of the video game AREA 51.

I absolutely LOVE Grant Morrison. Count me in. If the studio doesn't censor or tame him, Morrison could deliver a fucking bizarre and surreal film.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:59 am

I dug up a little info on Roland "Captivity/Killing Fields" Joffe's next film. Brace yourselves... Its...

"Finding TaTu". Based on the schoolgirl lesbian chart toppers. I can hear squelching noises coming from the direction of Kirk, although I did hear a little whelp of anguish from him when Roland flat out refused to do his Atomic Kitten romp, but he can relax when someone like Russian Parliament deputy Aleksey Mitrofanov penned the novel this is to be based on with the title "t.A.T.u. Come Back".
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:14 am

Roland "Captivity/Killing Fields" Joffe's next film: "Finding TaTu". Based on the schoolgirl lesbian chart toppers

I am Jacks complete onfusion! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Tue May 08, 2007 7:23 pm

Well, I finally figured out what Richard Roxburgh's been doing all this time...he finally directed the film he's wanted, "Romulus, My Father". I'm sad I can't find this book in the US, but I hope to have much more luck to find the film in the US.

He's set up a director's diary here

But if this is what redeems Eric Bana's career, so be it.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 09, 2007 6:22 pm

Lil Smith has his first acting gig as a boy genius in a project called:

Newton's Law, about a precocious young inventor stuck in a science museum after a field trip. Predictably, there's some gravity stuff involved.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=10180
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Sat May 19, 2007 11:25 pm

There's been news circulating that Universal is going to make Direct-To-DVD sequels to "Jaws", "The Fast and the Furious", and what is the biggest mistake, "Van Helsing".

Why? Because a lot of us don't want it to turn into "Van Helsing presents Band Camp".

BUT, there has been word that Sommers is going to talk to Rob Cohen about using his script for "Mummy 3" instead of the "Smallville" guys, so that might set things in motion for the Sommersverse...

And yes, I think Direct-To-DVD "Jaws" films will suck.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun May 20, 2007 1:14 am

LaDracul wrote:Why? Because a lot of us don't want it to turn into "Van Helsing presents Band Camp".

Considering how piss poor Van Helsing was that sounds like an improvement.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Sun May 20, 2007 6:17 am

Laugh all you want, but-
1. People do care. Sommers has stumbled onto a fangirl franchise with this and "The Mummy". And believe it or not, women DO watch fantasy movies and I've seen a LOT of romance novels centered around vamps since then.
2. You might not be smart to understand what's going on. This is a guy who goes to the library to research many of his films and doesn't like the internet. (Gee, I can see why.)

Thus, it's like an earlier observation-

Women are from Vaseria, Men are from monster-infested cruise ships.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby The Garbage Man on Sun May 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Sommers has made a few fun cotton-candy films, but based on his body of work I'd be surprised if he can even pronounce the word "library" let alone do research at one.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed May 30, 2007 3:43 am

Oh dear me....

From DARK HORIZONS

A controversial book about Princess Diana has lead to a major bidding war and Keira Knightley already being wooed to play the late Princess of Wales reports The Sun.

"Diana And The Paparazzi" tells her life story and focuses on her complicated relationship with photographers Glenn Harvey and Mark Saunders who took thousands of pictures of her over the years and penned the book.

The success of "The Queen" is seen as a major factor for this project being planned, however don't expect anything as prestigious. The film's producer Quentin Reynolds ("Evil Aliens") talked up the project at Cannes and claims "For every pound The Queen makes, a film about Diana would make ten" (sigh, producers).

He does add though that the book is "An honest study of the relationship between the hunter and the hunted. People have never really understood how complex the situation was."
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed May 30, 2007 3:48 am

There's a movie starring Toni Collette called Diana and I that already seems to have covered this territory pretty thoroughly. But who knows? not I, I wouldn't watch it.

I urge Zoner's not to watch any of these British royal family-themed films; it only encourages them.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby magicmonkey on Wed May 30, 2007 3:53 am

*Gnashes teeth that he didn't come up with this obviously so manipulative and money spinning story*
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby The Vicar on Wed May 30, 2007 7:14 am

tapehead wrote:There's a movie starring Toni Collette called Diana and I that already seems to have covered this territory pretty thoroughly. But who knows? not I, I wouldn't watch it.

I urge Zoner's not to watch any of these British royal family-themed films; it only encourages them.

She looks about as much like Princess Di as I do.
Weird casting choice.
I guess Beyonce wasn't available...
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Wed May 30, 2007 7:24 am

tapehead wrote:There's a movie starring Toni Collette called Diana and I that already seems to have covered this territory pretty thoroughly. But who knows? not I, I wouldn't watch it.

I'd rather eat my own vomit than watch this potential piece of tat. Who's playing James Hewitt's son aka Prince H@rry?
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Wed May 30, 2007 7:30 am

HollywoodBabylon wrote:

I'd rather eat my own vomit than watch this potential piece of tat. Who's playing James Hewitt's son aka Prince H@rry?

Vin Diesel, i've heard Billy Crystal is being lined up to play the other one...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:27 am

Color me impressed....

As all of you with little girls know, there's been a few made for TV movies made starring the characters from the books. The latest one, however, is going to be a theatrical release next summer.

It's based on Kit, a girl in Cleveland, OH whose family is hit hard by the great depression. Playing Kit is Abigail Breslin, and the other actors in the film are Chris O'Donnell, Joan Cusack, Julia Ormond, Jane Krakowski, Stanley Tucci, and Wallace Shawn. The film is produced by Julia Roberts.

Teaser trailer

I am a little disappointed that there won't be a new movie to air on Christmas. :(
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 pm

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:16 pm

Kevin Feige wrote:The [new] 'Hulk' movie will be different from the first one 'cause this one will be good.

:cry:
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:41 am

I'm up for some more adventures with John Constantine.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:52 am

Inna'teresting figures inna light of a the Great Memflix Divide, eh? From a the Hollywood Reporter...

Hy Hollinger wrote:After a disappointing 2005, the six major companies have received official confirmation from the MPA that their all-media revenue from filmed entertainment -- comprising money from home video, television, theatrical and pay TV -- expanded by 8% in 2006 to reach $42.6 billion.

The MPA confidential report sent to industry executives discloses that all-media sales in the U.S. grew by 10%, while the international market (top 25 markets) showed a 5% advance. Of the $42.6 billion, the U.S. contributed $24.3 billion and international $18.3 billion.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:54 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Inna'teresting figures inna light of a the Great Memflix Divide, eh? From a the Hollywood Reporter...

Hy Hollinger wrote:After a disappointing 2005, the six major companies have received official confirmation from the MPA that their all-media revenue from filmed entertainment -- comprising money from home video, television, theatrical and pay TV -- expanded by 8% in 2006 to reach $42.6 billion.

The MPA confidential report sent to industry executives discloses that all-media sales in the U.S. grew by 10%, while the international market (top 25 markets) showed a 5% advance. Of the $42.6 billion, the U.S. contributed $24.3 billion and international $18.3 billion.

Man they are going down the tubes. Let me write them a check....
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:05 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Let me write them a check....

How inna the hell do a you hold a the goddamn pen with a those giant mitts of a yours, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:01 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Let me write them a check....

How inna the hell do a you hold a the goddamn pen with a those giant mitts of a yours, eh?

Why do you think I live in Texas?

Texas-sized pencils!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 am

Not too sure if this has been reported in here or not so my apologise if that is the case...

Just saw over on the BBC movie website...this...

Pitt Ponders BullittThe latest goss from across the pond suggests that Brad Pitt may step into Steve McQueen's shoes for a remake of the classic cop thriller Bullitt. The movie has been in development for a while, withTroy director Wolfgang Petersen drumming up enthusiasm wherever he can, but if Pitt actually signs up the project will be in production faster than a Mustang tearing down a San Francisco avenue.
The Post Chronicle quotes an anonymous source saying that "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a dream role for him". Not exactly a contract signed in blood at this point, but we're keeping our ears pinned for more.

Not too sure what i think about that, if The Pitt does it then it has a t least got some possibility that it'll be in the realm of decency???
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:11 am

thebostonlocksmith wrote:Not too sure if this has been reported in here or not so my apologise if that is the case...

Just saw over on the BBC movie website...this...

Pitt Ponders BullittThe latest goss from across the pond suggests that Brad Pitt may step into Steve McQueen's shoes for a remake of the classic cop thriller Bullitt. The movie has been in development for a while, withTroy director Wolfgang Petersen drumming up enthusiasm wherever he can, but if Pitt actually signs up the project will be in production faster than a Mustang tearing down a San Francisco avenue.
The Post Chronicle quotes an anonymous source saying that "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a dream role for him". Not exactly a contract signed in blood at this point, but we're keeping our ears pinned for more.

Not too sure what i think about that, if The Pitt does it then it has a t least got some possibility that it'll be in the realm of decency???

Yeah...but with Wolfgang Petersen involved (the Wolfgang that directed Troy and Poseidon, not the Wolfgang that directed Das Boot and In The Line of Fire), we'll probably get an all CGI car chase...

It'll be Pitt's 2 Fast 2 Furious...

I hope they can score Tyrese as the homo-erotic comic relief...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:40 am

See now, this is a remake I can get behind.

Bullitt was a pretty crappy movie, with a spectacular car chase sequence.
I'd love to see a better movie made around the car chase.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:41 am

so sorry wrote:See now, this is a remake I can get behind.

Bullitt was a pretty crappy movie, with a spectacular car chase sequence.
I'd love to see a better movie made around the car chase.

My thoughts exactly...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Variety discusses some early Oscar Buzz...as well as some up and coming Oscar possibilities...

Oscar season in half-full swing
Best Actress race shaping up to be one to watch
By TIMOTHY M. GRAY

Marion Cottillard
Marion Cottillard is drawing attention for her 'La Vie en Rose' perf.
The year is half over -- so, in theory, the annual kudos season has seen 50% of its entrants. Of course, this is never the case, but if the first six months are any indication, the actress race is going to be the one to watch this year.

So far, Julie Christie in Lionsgate's "Away From Her," Marion Cotillard of Picturehouse's "La Vie en rose" and Angelina Jolie in Paramount Vantage's "A Mighty Heart" have earned awards buzz. Three serious contenders for five slots make for a lively start.

And while there are isolated possibilities in other categories, the only other race that's crowded is visual effects, thanks to pics such as Warner Bros.' "300," Sony's "Spider-Man 3," Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and Fox's "Fantastic Four," with July bringing DreamWorks-Par's "Transformers" and WB's latest "Harry Potter."

The first six months of 2007 also offer clues from two festivals that are increasingly key to the awards season: Sundance and Cannes.

Last year, Fox Searchlight acquired "Little Miss Sunshine" at Sundance and turned it into a B.O. and kudos winner. Will lightning strike twice? Searchlight came away from this year's Sundance with "Waitress" and "Under the Same Moon" (formerly "La Misma Luna"). Also at Sundance, the Weinstein Co. acquired the well-received "Grace Is Gone," starring John Cusack, and is sharing "Moon" with Searchlight.

The 2006 Cannes bowed several pics that went on to kudos attention, including Oscar best film contender "Babel." This year, there was a lot of buzz on the Croisette for two films that Miramax will release at the end of the year: the Coen brothers' "No Country for Old Men" and Julian Schnabel's "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly." Also a hit there: Picturehouse's "The Orphanage," produced by Guillermo del Toro, who struck gold last year with "Pan's Labyrinth" at Cannes.

There are awards possibilities in other films from the first half of 2007, including Paramount's impeccable David Fincher drama "Zodiac," which may find a wider audience via DVD and screenings.

And while kudos buzz for "Away From Her" and "Mighty Heart" centers on the actresses, those films boast possible contenders in other categories, such as thesp Gordon Pinsent and writer-director Sarah Polley for "Away," and Michael Winterbottom's direction and John Orloff's script for "Heart."

Also worth remembering are Fox Searchlight's "Once" (particularly in the music races), Focus Features' "Evening" and Miramax's "The Hoax."

The first six months have also offered plenty of possibilities in the feature animation, docu and foreign-language races, but more on those at a future date.

Many of the above films may seem like awards darkhorses, but it all depends on what opens later this year. When "Gladiator" and "Crash" bowed, few declared them Oscar front-runners, but as the awards season progressed, their stock rose.

Below are films, month by month, that have kudos potential. Most of them sound intriguing on paper -- which sometimes pays off bigtime, but not always.

July: Focus' Don Cheadle vehicle "Talk to Me"; MGM's "Rescue Dawn," directed by Werner Herzog and starring Christian Bale and Steve Zahn; New Line's "Hairspray"; and Sony Classics' "Moliere."

August: Picturehouse's "El Cantante" and "Rocket Science"; and Yari Film Group's "Resurrecting the Champ," starring Samuel L. Jackson.

September: Focus' duo of David Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises" and Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution"; Searchlight's Wes Anderson-helmed "The Darjeeling Limited"; MGM's Robert Benton movie "Feast of Love"; Paramount Vantage's "Into the Wild," directed by Sean Penn and starring Emile Hirsch; Sony Classics' "The Jane Austen Book Club"; Universal's Middle East drama "The Kingdom"; Warner's Jodie Foster starrer "The Brave One," from Neil Jordan, plus "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," starring Brad Pitt; and Warner Independent's Iraq-themed "In the Valley of Elah," directed by Paul Haggis.

October: DreamWorks' "Things We Lost in the Fire," with Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro; Focus' Terry George-helmed "Reservation Road"; Lionsgate's "3:10 to Yuma," directed by James Mangold and starring Bale and Russell Crowe; New Line's "Rendition," starring Reese Witherspoon, Jake Gyllenhaal and Meryl Streep; Par Vantage's "Margot at the Wedding," a Nicole Kidman starrer from Noah Baumbach ("The Squid and the Whale"); Sony Classics' "Sleuth," with Michael Caine and Jude Law; Universal's Cate Blanchett sequel "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (who would have guessed Elizabeth I would become a franchise?); and, from WB, Tony Gilroy's directing debut, the George Clooney vehicle "Michael Clayton."

November: New Line's Mike Newell-directed "Love in the Time of Cholera"; Par Vantage's "The Kite Runner," from the bestseller and helmed by Marc Forster; Universal's "American Gangster," directed by Ridley Scott and starring Denzel Washington and Crowe; United Artists' debut feature under the new regime, "Lions for Lambs," directed by Robert Redford and starring Redford, Tom Cruise and Streep; Disney's "Enchanted" (Amy Adams, Susan Sarandon); and Weinstein Co.'s Woody Allen opus "Cassandra's Dream" with Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor.

December: Columbia's "The Other Boleyn Girl," with Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson; DreamWorks' "Sweeney Todd," from Tim Burton and Johnny Depp; Disney's "National Treasure: Book of Secrets"; Focus' Working Title pic "Atonement," from Joe Wright ("Pride and Prejudice"); Searchlight's "The Savages," with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney; Lionsgate's "The Return," about Iraq vets, starring Rachel McAdams and Tim Robbins; New Line's Chris Weitz epic "The Golden Compass"; Par Vantage's "There Will Be Blood," with Daniel Day Lewis starring in Paul Thomas Anderson's adaptation of an Upton Sinclair novel; Sony Classics' "Youth Without Youth," the first Francis Ford Coppola film in a decade, plus "The Band's Visit"; Universal's "Charlie Wilson's War," directed by Mike Nichols and starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, plus the Clooney 1940s-set comedy "Leatherheads"; and the Weinstein Co. duo of "The Great Debaters," helmed by Washington and starring Washington and Forest Whitaker, and Wayne Kramer's immigration drama "Crossing Over," with Penn and Harrison Ford.

Do I smell a Best Picture Nomination...???
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fievel on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:02 am

Bill & Ted to be remade

Pathetic.
The worst part of the article is that it spotlights a genius idea by Keanu Reeves. I actually think his idea would be hilarious:

"You know, I've always thought we should do it when we're 40, because those two at 40 would be funny.
"He [Winter] and I have spoken about it. But you know what, we don't own the material, so it's not up to us. We just play the parts, man. But it would be funny to see them, studly and 40, singing in an airport hotel lounge."
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby LaDracul on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:46 am

This is why I'm really disgusted with studios putting already good franchises into direct-to-DVD.

And yes, Wyld Stallyns at age 40 would've been way better.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:56 am

Not to be nit-picky, but its not a "remake", but just a third installment.

And yes, it will suck ass without those two douchebags reprising their roles...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:03 pm

Not to be picky, LaD, but "already good" is endlessly debatable. In the case of Bill & Ted I think doing a third w/out Reeves and Winter is the real crime, not that they're taking the new pic direct-to-DVD. So far as other properties ... let's just say we disagree on Van Helsing.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby LaDracul on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Well, I'm not sure if Winter would've wanted to do it, as he's already busy with a directing career. In fact, one of his projects is a made-for-TV live-action "Ben 10" movie. And if you ask me, "Ben 10" borrows a lot from "Shazam!"...

And yes, I am agreeing to disagree.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 pm

This isn't actually movie news, but it's connected. I was trying to check some numbers on Rotten Tomatoes before I posted here and a variety of problems cropped up. I couldn't load the home page because it timed out. when I could load the home page, I couldn't perform a search because it timed out. When I could perform a search, I couldn't select and get to a specific title's page because it timed out. Eventually I got through, but it took 30 minutes and it's bothersome and time-consuming.

This has happened on several days in the last ten days. Anyone else seeing this?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby LaDracul on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:30 am

From http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com-

On a somewhat related note, Dave Goelz mentioned at yesterday's "Muppet, Music & Magic" event that there is a movie script for the Muppets in the works, along with a brand-new web-series "coming soon". No more information on these projects has been made public at this time, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as things develop.

YEEEESSSSSSSS. It does make me wonder which one it is, as they've mentioned possibly doing "Alice in Wonderland" or if it's a new idea where they have a bunch of guest stars popping in at odd moments.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:13 pm

Damn. The link I posted didn't work. Anyway, there supposedly is going to be a Spies Like Us remake. Yes, another remake.
Last edited by Wolfpack on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:22 pm

Why make Spies Like Us the first time?
DennisMM

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:24 pm

I guess in 1985 Chevy Chase + Dan Akroyd = laughs.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:15 pm

Wolfpack wrote:I guess in 1985 Chevy Chase + Dan Akroyd = laughs.

Post the link again...

Somebody here might be able to get it to work...

Unless it's the wrong link all together - and it leads to one of Kirk's many "Spank the Cat Lady" websites...

Then you can just keep it to yourself...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:36 am

Link again

What happened was when I clicked on "Spies Like Us" on the front page of ShowBizData (under In Development). I got the page, but when I tested my link in the Zone, it brought me to a member login page. I'm not a member, which leaves my original success in accessing the info unexplained.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:01 am

DennisMM wrote:Why make Spies Like Us the first time?

Because the first time was supposed to be with John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd. They talk to Gene Shalit about it in an old interview before Belushi died.

About halfway through this video.

I think Shalit drove Belushi to OD.
Ackroyd sounds wired.
All of the questions/comments about the future and "last meals" are a little haunting. Ackroyd's line about working with Belushi in 10 years from then - "If we're both still alive..".

Belushi would still be making great films if he were alive, unlike Ackrod (not a typo).
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:16 am

Just got this little bit from the BBC movies website (highnoon)... sounds errr, interesting...

Shaolin Snow White
From arthouse to grindhouse: Disney has revealed plans for a live action version of Snow White, with a heavy emphasis on, er, kung fu. Called Snow And The Seven, the film will follow a British girl raised in 19th century Hong Kong, who learns her chopsockey skills from seven Shaolin monks. Presumably with names like Smashy, Punchy, Kicky and Ouchy. Francis Lawrence (Constantine) is directing, according to Variety.

Could this be the first in a franchise of kung fu cartoon remakes? Why not? We'd like to see The Little Mermaid whacking off heads with a roundhouse tail flip.
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:19 am

thebostonlocksmith wrote:
Could this be the first in a franchise of kung fu cartoon remakes? Why not? We'd like to see The Little Mermaid whacking off heads with a roundhouse tail flip.

Only if she rips off her shells first...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby LaDracul on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:20 am

I think that's old news. Besides, it does sound better than the Sci-Fi version they wanted to make in the late '70s...but they then made "The Black Hole".

Not a good decision in hindsight.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby The Todd on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 am

LaDracul wrote:I think that's old news. Besides, it does sound better than the Sci-Fi version they wanted to make in the late '70s...but they then made "The Black Hole".

Not a good decision in hindsight.

You speak heresy! The Black Hole kicks ass!
The Todd
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:27 am

Well, you know what they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News