The Flash (Fred Claus in, wtf DC??)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

The Flash (Fred Claus in, wtf DC??)

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:00 pm

I looked for about 20 minutes and I couldn't find a thread for the movie here.

In the second in a string of changes at WB, David Goyer has just announced that he's off The Flash movie:



http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31446
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:04 pm

I liked the idea of Goyer on Flash. From what I read in interviews...he really had a handle on Wally West and had some great ideas in mind. Some really cool sci-fi stuff. Too bad.
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:05 pm

I agree. He was even working with an MIT physicist to try and get the science right.

With this and Wonder Woman (And the rumors of JJ off Trek) it has been a traumatic week for fans...
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:06 pm

They should get Dennis to write it. Goyer's done some good superhero work, but at this point I wouldn't mind if he didn't write another superhero film for a few years.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:07 pm

Adam Balm wrote: With this and Wonder Woman (And the rumors of JJ off Trek) it has been a traumatic week for fans...


So Wonder Woman and Flash are causing global warming? Hyuk hyuk
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:16 pm

I'm sure Goyer would have put in a worthwhile effort. But if he and the studio couldn't agree on it, better that they call it quits now rather than trying to push it through regardless.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:33 pm

I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Ribbons on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm pretty wary of Goyer as a writer, especially when his material is being directed by himself (though I have not seen Zig-Zag). But a lot of his plans involving the 'science of speed' sounded quite interesting, so hopefully whoever ends up making The Flash for Warner Bros. gets to or wants to incorporate some of that into the film.
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13586
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:44 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby RaulMonkey on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:44 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.


That's what I was worried about: BLADE: TRINITY. But then, he had a hand in one of the greatest comic book adaptations of the decade, probably of all time: BATMAN BEGINS. So I didn't know what to expect.

It's all moot now.
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:52 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
Ummm... No they aren't. You see Time Warner, a major conglomerate, owns WB Studios. They also own the publisher DC Comics. They also own dozens of other companies. DC and WB are not one in the same. Because Time Warner owns both companies, they can license characters of DC Comics to be used by Warner Brothers in making movies. While Marvel, before deciding to open their own production studio, would license their characters to other studios, like Spider-man at Sony and X-men at FOX. Just as Warner Brother has no control on the content of DC Comics, DC Comics has no control over the content of WB movies. So, you can just consider yourself a great big idiot.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:54 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.


That's what I was worried about: BLADE: TRINITY. But then, he had a hand in one of the greatest comic book adaptations of the decade, probably of all time: BATMAN BEGINS. So I didn't know what to expect.

It's all moot now.
Goyer was very minute in the success of Batman Begins, which should be shown when The Dark Knight comes out.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Do you realize your just angrily wrote an entire paragraph rephrasing exactly what he just said?
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Do you realize your just angrily wrote an entire paragraph rephrasing exactly what he just said?
No he said they're the same. They are owned by the same company. They aren't the same. Just like HBO isn't the same as Time Magazine. Just like the CW Network isn't the same as TBS. And if you think what he said and what I said are the same thing, you're even more idiotic.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Hyup. All part of the Time Warner money machine.

Glad we agree.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:02 pm

It's all the same, just a different name, no need to blame, thats the game, so please don't flame, that'd be lame.

Jane?
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:03 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
Ummm... No they aren't. You see Time Warner, a major conglomerate, owns WB Studios. They also own the publisher DC Comics. They also own dozens of other companies. DC and WB are not one in the same. Because Time Warner owns both companies, they can license characters of DC Comics to be used by Warner Brothers in making movies. While Marvel, before deciding to open their own production studio, would license their characters to other studios, like Spider-man at Sony and X-men at FOX. Just as Warner Brother has no control on the content of DC Comics, DC Comics has no control over the content of WB movies. So, you can just consider yourself a great big idiot.

While I'm sure this will only provoke another uneccesarily angry comment from you: - "DC Comics" is really just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment, and operates in a very much similar way that Warner Bros Pictures, Warner Bros Television and so on do for each of their applications.
Last edited by Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Hyup. All part of the Time Warner money machine.

Glad we agree.
Or you can just admit you were wrong. You blame DC in your thread title, when DC has no control over what WB does.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Yeah Adam, say Uncle.

SAY IT!
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:07 pm

But if DC has no control over what WB does, how come they just made they just made a Ghostrider movie based on a DC comic character?!!

Huh smart guai?!!?
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
F ried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
Ummm... No they aren't. You see Time Warner, a major conglomerate, owns WB Studios. They also own the publisher DC Comics. They also own dozens of other companies. DC and WB are not one in the same. Because Time Warner owns both companies, they can license characters of DC Comics to be used by Warner Brothers in making movies. While Marvel, before deciding to open their own production studio, would license their characters to other studios, like Spider-man at Sony and X-men at FOX. Just as Warner Brother has no control on the content of DC Comics, DC Comics has no control over the content of WB movies. So, you can just consider yourself a great big idiot.

While I'm sure this will only provoke another uneccesarily angry comment from you: - "DC Comics" is really just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment, and operates in a very much similar way that Warner Bros Pictures, Warner Bros Television and so on do for each of their applications.


DC Comics is not just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment. DC Comics is its own company which is a subsidary of Warner Bros Entertainment, which are both part of Time Warner. DC Comics existed before they were purchased by Time Warner, and still exist. WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Adam Balm wrote:But if DC has no control over what WB does, how come they just made they just made a Ghostrider movie based on a DC comic character?!!

Huh smart guai?!!?
.... Do I even have to point out all that is wrong with this?
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:But if DC has no control over what WB does, how come they just made they just made a Ghostrider movie based on a DC comic character?!!

Huh smart guai?!!?
.... Do I even have to point out all that is wrong with this?


ill accept your apology in cash now.

i just pwnt u!!
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
F ried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
Ummm... No they aren't. You see Time Warner, a major conglomerate, owns WB Studios. They also own the publisher DC Comics. They also own dozens of other companies. DC and WB are not one in the same. Because Time Warner owns both companies, they can license characters of DC Comics to be used by Warner Brothers in making movies. While Marvel, before deciding to open their own production studio, would license their characters to other studios, like Spider-man at Sony and X-men at FOX. Just as Warner Brother has no control on the content of DC Comics, DC Comics has no control over the content of WB movies. So, you can just consider yourself a great big idiot.

While I'm sure this will only provoke another uneccesarily angry comment from you: - "DC Comics" is really just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment, and operates in a very much similar way that Warner Bros Pictures, Warner Bros Television and so on do for each of their applications.


DC Comics is not just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment. DC Comics is its own company which is a subsidary of Warner Bros Entertainment, which are both part of Time Warner. DC Comics existed before they were purchased by Time Warner, and still exist. WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.

DC is to Warner Bros, like Pixar is to Disney.

Just a department in a company.
Last edited by Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
A dam Balm wrote:But if DC has no control over what WB does, how come they just made they just made a Ghostrider movie based on a DC comic character?!!

Huh smart guai?!!?
.... Do I even have to point out all that is wrong with this?


ill accept your apology in cash now.

i just pwnt u!!

I guess I do need to point it out. Ghost Rider is a Marvel Comics Character. Ghost Rider the movie wasn't produced by Warner Brothers. You're an idiot.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
F ried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
F ried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
Ummm... No they aren't. You see Time Warner, a major conglomerate, owns WB Studios. They also own the publisher DC Comics. They also own dozens of other companies. DC and WB are not one in the same. Because Time Warner owns both companies, they can license characters of DC Comics to be used by Warner Brothers in making movies. While Marvel, before deciding to open their own production studio, would license their characters to other studios, like Spider-man at Sony and X-men at FOX. Just as Warner Brother has no control on the content of DC Comics, DC Comics has no control over the content of WB movies. So, you can just consider yourself a great big idiot.

While I'm sure this will only provoke another uneccesarily angry comment from you: - "DC Comics" is really just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment, and operates in a very much similar way that Warner Bros Pictures, Warner Bros Television and so on do for each of their applications.


DC Comics is not just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment. DC Comics is its own company which is a subsidary of Warner Bros Entertainment, which are both part of Time Warner. DC Comics existed before they were purchased by Time Warner, and still exist. WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.

DC is to Warner Bros, like Pixar is to Disney.

Just a department in a company.

So then you would blame Pixar for Haunted Mansion the movie?
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.


Yes they do.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
A dam Balm wrote:But if DC has no control over what WB does, how come they just made they just made a Ghostrider movie based on a DC comic character?!!

Huh smart guai?!!?
.... Do I even have to point out all that is wrong with this?


ill accept your apology in cash now.

i just pwnt u!!

I guess I do need to point it out. Ghost Rider is a Marvel Comics Character. Ghost Rider the movie wasn't produced by Warner Brothers. You're an idiot.


Sorry, but ur thinking of Hellboy, starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. That's the one based on a Marvel comics character. Although i can see how you'd get confused, both are about hell and stuff.

:pwnt:
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
F ried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
F ried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:I really don't get why people are saying "wtf DC?" as if they produce movies based on their characters.

Oh, and Blade Trinitiy was a piece of fucking shit. That's something along the lines of what we'd be seeing with a Goyer directed Flash.

DC and Warner Bros are one and the same. So they kinda are.
Ummm... No they aren't. You see Time Warner, a major conglomerate, owns WB Studios. They also own the publisher DC Comics. They also own dozens of other companies. DC and WB are not one in the same. Because Time Warner owns both companies, they can license characters of DC Comics to be used by Warner Brothers in making movies. While Marvel, before deciding to open their own production studio, would license their characters to other studios, like Spider-man at Sony and X-men at FOX. Just as Warner Brother has no control on the content of DC Comics, DC Comics has no control over the content of WB movies. So, you can just consider yourself a great big idiot.

While I'm sure this will only provoke another uneccesarily angry comment from you: - "DC Comics" is really just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment, and operates in a very much similar way that Warner Bros Pictures, Warner Bros Television and so on do for each of their applications.


DC Comics is not just a brand name for the comic publishing arm of Warner Bros Entertainment. DC Comics is its own company which is a subsidary of Warner Bros Entertainment, which are both part of Time Warner. DC Comics existed before they were purchased by Time Warner, and still exist. WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.

DC is to Warner Bros, like Pixar is to Disney.

Just a department in a company.

So then you would blame Pixar for Haunted Mansion the movie?

See, now I think you're starting to understand. Remember this when you next pick up a copy of Thor.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm

I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. Especially in regards to writers/directors and what not. Goyer and Whedon leaving their respective movies had more to do with them not seeing eye to eye with the WB execs and producers.

But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself. DC and WB are one and the same. However, there is probably very little interaction between the various branches. DC will obviously help promote whatever version of the respective movies that WB makes. But if we are going to talk about the movie versions of The Flash then we should put the blame on the movie studio in charge of The Flash, I think.
Last edited by Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.


Yes they do.
You should let all the people who work in the DC Comics offices know that then.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:18 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:So then you would blame Pixar for Haunted Mansion the movie?


Blame them? It's a great movie.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:20 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
John-Locke wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:WB doesn't produce all the material and just slap a DC logo on the front page.


Yes they do.
You should let all the people who work in the DC Comics offices know that then.


They know it, you are the one living in a river in Africa.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Captain, you've gone all quiet now. Do you realise now that I was correct?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.
I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:23 pm

I JL is right. He's busy living in 'teh nile' if you get my meaning. (Although technically the Nile river is in the Amazon jungle, where Wonder Woman comes from.)
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby RaulMonkey on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Adam Balm wrote:(Although technically the Nile river is in the Amazon jungle, where Wonder Woman comes from.)


I think that's true cuz I heard the Amazon is the biggest river ev4r n stuff.
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:25 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Leckoman iac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.
I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.

I was told they couldn't use Batman because Marvel wouldn't allow it, as they wanted to use him in the Justice League cartoon instead.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby RaulMonkey on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:26 pm

CORSSOVERS R TEH RULE!!11ONE
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Leckoman iac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.


I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.


Being right and making an ass out of yourself are two completely different topics. The way with which you are handling yourself is causing you to look like an ass. Whether you are right isn't relevant. End of story.
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
L eckoman iac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.
I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.

I was told they couldn't use Batman because Marvel wouldn't allow it, as they wanted to use him in the Justice League cartoon instead.

Yes and Image Comics was producing a Captain America movie based on the video game of the DC Character. LOLZZZ I can do it too.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
L eckoman iac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.
I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.

I was told they couldn't use Batman because Marvel wouldn't allow it, as they wanted to use him in the Justice League cartoon instead.


Yeah. I remember that too.

BTW, Captain Marvel (aka Billy Batson) is the coolest character Stan Lee ever created. Even with the whole 'god of thunder' angle...
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
L eckoman iac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.
I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.

I was told they couldn't use Batman because Marvel wouldn't allow it, as they wanted to use him in the Justice League cartoon instead.


Yeah. I remember that too.

BTW, Captain Marvel (aka Billy Batson) is the coolest character Stan Lee ever created. Even with the whole 'god of thunder' angle...

Actually his name is Arthur Curry and he was created by Abe Lincoln while he was giving his Cincinnati Address. ROTFSDFLKJ!!!1111!!!
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:Actually his name is Arthur Curry and he was created by Abe Lincoln while he was giving his Cincinnati Address. ROTFSDFLKJ!!!1111!!!


That is just rubbish.
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Anyways back on topic, David Goyer can write a good movie but going by his track record he can't direct for shit so I think this is good news.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
L eckoman iac wrote:I am not sure how much say DC has on the movie front. I know that when Smallville was going to use The Flash character...DC told them they could only use the name Bart Allen for the character. So obviously DC had some control their.

I would highly doubt that DC has any say in what their parent company WB does with their property. But Captain Fucking Magic needs to relax. He is making a complete ass out of himself.
I'm not making an ass of myself because everything I've said is correct. Since Smallville is produced by the company Tollin/Robbins they need to approve any use of characters owned by DC Comics with them. More so, much like they weren't able to use Batman on Smallville, it was because the parent company wouldn't allow it, not DC Comics. The parent company who's subsidary Warner Bros Entertainment was producing a Batman movie of their own with Silver Productions. Flash was also being produced as we know, and so they were able to use Impulse as a character on the show.

I was told they couldn't use Batman because Marvel wouldn't allow it, as they wanted to use him in the Justice League cartoon instead.


Yeah. I remember that too.

BTW, Captain Marvel (aka Billy Batson) is the coolest character Stan Lee ever created. Even with the whole 'god of thunder' angle...

Actually his name is Arthur Curry and he was created by Abe Lincoln while he was giving his Cincinnati Address. ROTFSDFLKJ!!!1111!!!



Well look who just caught up.

I know that with the adrenaline pumping, your big stumpy fingers mashing the keyboard a hundred times a minute, your red bull-fueled heart going pitter patter in your big ol chest...it was hard to see that we have been making fun of you since the get go in this thread, just trying to keep you going, watching you perform....
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 pm

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:Actually his name is Arthur Curry and he was created by Abe Lincoln while he was giving his Cincinnati Address. ROTFSDFLKJ!!!1111!!!

I think with that "you can just consider yourself a great big idiot."
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 pm

John-Locke wrote:Anyways back on topic, David Goyer can write a good movie but going by his track record he can't direct for shit so I think this is good news.


That seems to be a pretty accurate assumption. I would never count the guy out...it is quite possible that he could have come into his own with The Flash. However, I would still be more comfortable with a director I trust to bring the visuals of The Flash to life.

Now that we know Goyer is out...anyone have any thoughts of a good director to replace him?
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:43 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:Actually his name is Arthur Curry and he was created by Abe Lincoln while he was giving his Cincinnati Address. ROTFSDFLKJ!!!1111!!!

I think with that "you can just consider yourself a great big idiot."
Nah, I'd never consider myself a member of your club. You guys have a good time in the great big idiot clubhouse. Enjoy the circle jerk.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Don't leave us!

We wanna do a bukkake...
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Next

Return to Movie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron