Remake Blasphemy Continues (Escape From New York Thread)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:35 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Much a like a the Dino, he did with a his a Kong, eh?

Every time I see that flick on the television on some dark Sunday afternoon, I ask myself 'How could you Dino?' But we still love ya :D
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Escape From New York Remake: casting/director

Postby DC Films on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:43 am

The news that Josh Brolin has replaced Gerard Butler as Snake Pliskin is out. I suggested Brolin way back when the remake was first announced with Butler, in the AICN talkback for the news (I guess i'm a fan of the Brolin family - i wish they'd kept Josh's dad as Bond in Octopussy - was a big mistake reverting back to the elderly Moore).

Personally i now wanna see this movie get made - so long as it's not with Len Wiseman. Guilermo Del Toro would be my choice, after the Carpenter-esque great job he did with Blade 2, but he's now tied up indefinitely with The Hobbit. I'd have suggested Neil Marshall, but he's been there now with Doomsday (that movie really was bugnuts and i loved it). Sam Raimi would be perfect, but a remake seems below him, and he'd want Cambell as Snake...hmmm

Wandered how everyone feels about Brolin?

Anyone think of the right Director for this?
DC Films
GLIB

Re: Remake Blasphemy Continues (Escape From New York Thread)

Postby DC Films on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 am

That post sure a lost a me! :D
DC Films
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:12 am

DC, you can go back thru this thread and see that the EFNY remake was a hot topic!

Brolin vs. Butler? I'd take Brolin... he might have that slight edge of humor in him that Plisskin had. Butler's more of a straight up ass kicker.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:45 am

Brolin would also give Snake a bit of greasy creepiness that the Brolin's ooze so well...

And I nominate Kathryn Bigelow to direct this remake...or that Leterrier fella...

But I still think Russell is relevant, cool, and just damn well awesome enough to still play Snake...
Stallone and Willis both revisited old icons from the past...I don't see a Tango & Cash reunion anytime soon, so why not have Kurt throw on the eyepatch...
But secretly I'd also like to see Mickey Rourke give it a try...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 am

Directed by Sylvester Stallone?
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby DC Films on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:42 am

Sorry - my first post in the Zone - i shoulda added to the prev. post.

Some great ideas there!

i like the idea of bigelow directing the remake. But i have to agree that Kurt still has a good snake movie in him. Problem with that is i can't see Kurt as Snake if it's not directed by Carpenter - and lets face it, sadly Carpenter ain't making great films anymore! Maybe if his new 'LA Gothic' movie is back on par, then he and Kurt can finally do Escape From Planet Earth together. Though i guess I'd love to see that whatever par Carpenter is on - late 70/early 80's he was the best genre filmmaker working.

As much as Escape From LA is justifiably criticized, it still has a great ending - balls-out honest cynicism that you rarely see in hollywood movies.

Gotta say, Mickey Rouke would be an amazing replacement for Kurt!
DC Films
GLIB

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Bigelow's kinda like a female version of Carpenter anyways...

I always felt her films had more of a Carpenter vibe than a Cameron vibe (even though Cameron arguably fucked her onto, and off of everybody's radar)...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DC Films on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:49 pm

She made Near Dark in 87 and Carpenter made his last great movie, They Live in 88, so i guess she was kinda taking the batten. She seems to let it go pretty soon after though!

Near Dark was written by Eric Red, who also did THe Hitcher and the underrated Cohen & Tate. Like that other great 80's writer Shane Black, he virtually disappeared off the radar. Be good to see Red get a comeback like Black's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Anyway, i think Red had a lot to do with Bigelow's 'Carpenterishness'. Her other movies, like K19, Strange Days and in some ways even Point Break, bare more resemblance to Cameron.

How about Red writing the Escape From New York remake?
DC Films
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 pm

yorrick brown wrote:rumor :josh brolin to play snake plissken?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12669
An interesting rumor popped up in French over at a website called SpielbergFilms.com who reports that Josh Brolin is in talks to slap on an eye patch and topline New Line Cinema's the Escape from New York remake as the new Snake Plissken. "A source close to the production (if so) has assured us that it is now Josh Brolin to be in the running to take over the role of Snake Plissken in the remake currently in draft New York 1997.” The movie took a turn for the worse when Len Wiseman walked from the project leaving it at square one this past October. Watch for official news soon.

moved from Random Movie News thread...

already scooped earlier today Yorrick, but your post has a little more info!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:25 pm

so sorry wrote:
yorrick brown wrote:rumor :josh brolin to play snake plissken?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12669
An interesting rumor popped up in French over at a website called SpielbergFilms.com who reports that Josh Brolin is in talks to slap on an eye patch and topline New Line Cinema's the Escape from New York remake as the new Snake Plissken. "A source close to the production (if so) has assured us that it is now Josh Brolin to be in the running to take over the role of Snake Plissken in the remake currently in draft New York 1997.” The movie took a turn for the worse when Len Wiseman walked from the project leaving it at square one this past October. Watch for official news soon.

moved from Random Movie News thread...

already scooped earlier today Yorrick, but your post has a little more info!

Ladies and Gentlemen....Snake Plissken!
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:58 pm

From the main page: Remember That ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK Remake?? The Doctor Wants To Tell You About Jonathan Mostow's Rewrite...
One of the great hopes at New Line Cinema was the remake of Escape From New York.

A potential franchise based on a beloved piece of source material, an attached lead with his star on the rise and a solid first draft script. Merrick wrote a passionate defense of the first draft, and I agree with pretty much all of his sentiments, though I hated the idea of giving Snake a laborious backstory that served to demystify him. There’s this strange fascination in Hollywood with origin stories, a sad biproduct of the Star Wars prequels and the glut of comic book movies.

I am lucky enough to possess both the “original” (if you can even call it that) Ken Nolan draft and the revision, credited to Jonathan Mostow and Sam Montgomery. The revision is dated November 3rd, 2007. This must have been the last pre-Strike draft, and with the demise of the old New Line Cinema, it’s anyone’s guess what the status of the project is.

The Nolan draft was brutal, epic in scale and retained all of the dystopian despair of John Carpenter’s classic, while updating the details in a respectful fashion. It wasn’t always the most elegant social commentary, but neither was the original. It was a grand middle finger to the establishment, with no need to be subtle. If you’d like to know more about the first draft, you can find Merrick’s review HERE).

Besides the script, I was also encouraged by the involvement of Gerard Butler, and when he left, I was sure it had to do with a serious creative disagreement. The old New Line was a decaying dinosaur of a studio, cranking out focus grouped bullshit on a regular basis. This latest version of Escape from New York would have been no different.

The thing that I loved about the Nolan draft is that it was not interested in bald-faced copying, but retained a certain spirit of “fuck the world” cynicism that the original was seeped in. That is, for all intents and purposes long gone with the Mostow draft. The most controversial aspect of this script jumps out at you early: The President is now a woman…and she’s someone we’re supposed to root for. I don’t even know if I mind the gender change that much. I don’t give a damn that Starbuck is a woman on Battlestar Galactica. You could make the Duke “The Duchess” and cast Fergie for all I care. Just get the essence of the character right. At no point do I feel Mostow and Montgomery get the original at all. By page 70, the President is spouting on about restoring civil liberties and freedom of the press, the evils of society. It turns into “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington” and I begin to gag.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 am

That is more than enough reason to never see this. Just buy the Quadra-dip version of the original when this toilet hits the screens
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Josh Holloway should be Snake Plissken

Postby thenamesplissken on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Every time I watch the Devil's rejects I say to myself that Rob Zombie should be the guy that remakes Escape from New York. I like his film style as it has allot of that good old' 70's grit, dark humor and just enough dark side to pull off an effective remake.

Off the topic of EFNY for a second, when I saw Watchmen I was floored to see the World Trade Center standing tall where it used to be in the NYC skyline. Granted it was an alternate 1985 and they had to be there to complete the feel of New York in that time. My point here is when I saw those two towers staring out at me from the screen I felt very happy to see them there, not offended in the least. It was like seeing an old friend and it just about brought a proud tear to my eye. With this being said the WTC should be put back into the remake of Escape. There are tons of reference photo's and the inside and outside can be masterfully recreated and matted onto green screen. Imagine Snake running outside the Trade Center looking the way it should have all along. Not some crappy building in LA pretending to be the WTC. Get my point?

Back to Mr. Zombie. If you are listening, you have to be the guy that remakes Escape from New York. Who will play "Snake Plissken" you ask? Well let me tell you. Josh Holloway from Lost is the obvious and only choice. This guy is perfect for the role and I don't want to hear otherwise. No Butler, or wrestler look a like wanna be just Holloway hands down.

"The Duke" should be played by Ving Rhames he would be a very badass Duke. Already the two opposing characters are creating havoc just thinking how awesome they will look on film.

William Forsyth should without a doubt be "Bob Hauk"talk about a real mother for the police commissioner. He won't take any shit from Snake.

"The President" should be played by Terry O' Quinn another great actor who just happens to be on Lost with Josh Holloway. O'Quinn can play a president who fought in a war himself and can take care of himself, might come in handy during the escape don't you think. Fighting side by side with Plissken would be an inevitable change from the clownish portrayal by Donald "Halloween" Pleasance. Still love ya Donald R.I.P. Dr. Loomis.

Sid Haig would bring a very interesting quality to the character of "Cabbie", and Haig having played all kinds of sicko's would bring a level of believability to the character and he would look great behind the wheel of a checkered cab.

Bill Moseley would be an excellent "Brain" He would give Snake back some shit if he gave it to him. I would like to see a world where although Snake is a real bad hombre, that he just can't walse in and take over the joint. It shouldn't be a cake walk where he could just walk down the middle of the street at night no less assembling his Mac 10 and nothing happens to him. It has to be a struggle till the end. Moseley will add that dimension to Brain, he just doesn't figure out things for "The Duke" like making gas and reading maps, there is a reason why him and Snake weren't boy scouts on the outside and that should come forth.

As far as the rest of the cast which includes "Maggie" I like Selma Blair, or Vanessa Ferlito. Ferlito has that dirty little sex appeal quality that made her really hot in "Death Proof" at least to me. And Blair is a lot less streetwise but would pull it off I believe, especially after portraying Stevie Wayne in the remake of "The Fog" The movie itself was horrible, but she was quite good. Maggie is a strong female character not just the boobs that The Duke gave to brain to squeeze. "See what I mean?"

I also think that Danny Trejo should play one of the main Gypsy hoods, or be in the film as one of the Duke’s heavies for sure.

Romero is up in the air, but I think that John Leguizamo can pull it off nicely.

Slag should be played by Kane of the WWE. That's about it people. So Mr. Zombie you have to remake Escape from New York. Nuff said....
All right get your machine ready I'm coming out.
thenamesplissken
GLIB

Re: Josh Holloway should be Snake Plissken

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh man, bad timing for you-- the irony! We just banned Rob Zombie from the Zone so now he won't have the chance to read your letter.

But hey, I think Uwe Boll is still a Zoner, so maybe he'd be interested.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby instant_karma on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Or, Rob Zombie could go round to Carpenter's house and piss in his face. That would be a much more efficient way of insulting the man than going through his back catalogue one by one and doing crappy remakes.

That said, I like your bold use of colour and hope you post more...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Welcome to The Zone, thenamesplissken.
You've got red on you.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby thenamesplissken on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 am

Hey I'm new here, and it sound's like I'm being made fun of. You know something I don't like being made fun of especially when I can't see you. So here's a cyber kick to the nuts for all who are trying to get cute. Looks like you might be seeing orange stars by now, and this ain't lucky Charms. :D

I don't know why Rob Zombie is banned from this sight and frankly I don't care. What I do care about is Snake as I am the biggest EFNY fan on the planet. I love Escape, and no it doesn't need to be re-made. But hell there are so many re-makes that really suck being spewed out by the powers that be, and I want something worth going to the movies for. Escape from El Gaye was a flaming turd and an insult to Snake,it really pissed me and alot of people off that this movie if you want to call it that actually got made.

I think Escape from New York should be re-made just to erase the bad memory of El Gaye,so enough of this Blasphemy bullshit. I am entitled to my opinion and I will speak my mind even if you come on after and try to shoot me down.If the film isn't remade that is fine,but more escape stories need to be told and I really think that Josh Holloway should play him. Look I used blue,does that please anyone? Let me guess... I've got blue on me now.I didn't know what to expect after I posted what I believe to be a kick ass re-make scenario,certainly didn't expect what I got. It's like a mosh pit of rabid insults.

I don't mind you being asshole's you probably can't help that. What I do mind is being spoken to like I'm some kind of a fool. 8-)
Last edited by thenamesplissken on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
thenamesplissken
GLIB

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:54 am

No offense intended snake, I think instant_karma was just giving you a little good-natured ribbing, and the blasphemy thing is just a carryover from the person who started this thread (which I merged your thread into since it's on the same subject). Anyway, hope it hasn't put you off the place, take a look around and you'll probably find some other stuff that you like. :)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:00 am

I'm with ya. Snake. I hate it when people give a new guy a hard time. At least 100 posts before anything at least 'questionable' on a new guy, please, people!

Anyway, welcome to the Zone, snake.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby thenamesplissken on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:04 am

Mr. Ribbon's,
Just giving a little back, got to have a thick skin around here I see. :D I don't mind it, in the world of opinions alot of ideas get thrown into the meat grinder. I will hang around, I'm sure there is lots to see and learn around here. I still think that Holloway should play Snake. Maybe Kurt and Josh can go out for a beer and Kurt can pass the torch if he's not going to make any more movies. I still think he's got another one in him to do though,get in shape Kurt and give us Snake one more time.
thenamesplissken
GLIB

Postby thenamesplissken on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 am

That's pretty cool there Captain Kirks wig. :D Seriously though, I always wanted to learn how to make pics move that way. Can you tell me how that's done?
thenamesplissken
GLIB

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 pm

I've always wanted DMX as The Duke of New York. I like Rhames and all, it wouldn't be a bad choice, but DMX brings all sorts of menace to a role. DMX just hasn't connected with good movies, but he has a natural charisma.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:I've always wanted DMX as The Duke of New York. I like Rhames and all, it wouldn't be a bad choice, but DMX brings all sorts of menace to a role. DMX just hasn't connected with good movies, but he has a natural charisma.

Being in jail is always a negative, too.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Fievel wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:I've always wanted DMX as The Duke of New York. I like Rhames and all, it wouldn't be a bad choice, but DMX brings all sorts of menace to a role. DMX just hasn't connected with good movies, but he has a natural charisma.

Being in jail is always a negative, too.

Not for rappers...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

From Vulture:
Exclusive Details on the Escape From New York Remake: Different Big Apple, Same Eye Patch
Claude Brodesser-Akner wrote:And more importantly, good ol' Snake remains largely the same. Legally, he has to be. We learned that in order to land the rights, New Line had to sign a contract with John Carpenter stipulating, among other things, that Plissken "must be called 'Snake'"; "must wear an eye patch"; and that he would — and we're not making this up — "always be a 'bad-ass.'"; So, if you ever catch the new Snake watching Grey’s Anatomy or complaining that the senator isn't "emotionally available," just know that somewhere, some poor development exec is about to be carted off to jail.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby quiethell on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 am

I love that Carpenter made those rules about Snake.
quiethell
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:19 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:17 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby The Vicar on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 pm

The guy who directed The Crazies remake, huh? Too bad it sucked diseased balls. Does not bode well for EfNY, not well at all.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:58 pm

The Vicar wrote:The guy who directed The Crazies remake, huh? Too bad it sucked diseased balls. Does not bode well for EfNY, not well at all.

Leave Michael's son alone.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby minstrel on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:16 am

TheButcher wrote:
The Vicar wrote:The guy who directed The Crazies remake, huh? Too bad it sucked diseased balls. Does not bode well for EfNY, not well at all.

Leave Michael's son alone.

He is the spawn of Satan. Run him out of town.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 am

I quite enjoyed it Vicar. Although the Last House on the Left remake was one of my favorite films of '09 so.............
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Remake Blasphemy Continues (Escape From New York Remake)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby papalazeru on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Yes, but the escape from LA is alive and well.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:40 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Remake Blasphemy Continues (Highlander)

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:15 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:48 am

Producer Joel Silver Breaks Down His ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK Trilogy; Script Isn’t Complete Yet
Perri Nemiroff wrote:When asked whether or not the script is complete, Silver replied:

“No, no we’re not, no we’re not. I mean, it’s funny because we have a relationship with Studio Canal, which somehow ended up with the rights to that, and it has been floating around LA or at least in the development world for a long time.”

Right when we found out that Silver decided to commit to take on the challenge of producing the reboot, we also learned that he didn’t want just one new Escape from New York film; he wants a trilogy. Silver further explained:

“I always liked Kurt’s character, the Snake Plissken character, so I’ve always like that idea, but we kind of figured out a way to do almost a trilogy of that story.”

Previous reports have likened the first film of this potential trilogy to Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but Silver broke it down further:

“There was a videogame that came out a few years ago called Arkham City, which shows how when Gotham became this kind of walled prison and how it became a walled prison. And they never deal with that in the story of Escape from New York, so part of our idea was to kind of see how the city became this walled prison and how the Snake Plissken character was a hero and how he became not looked at as a hero. And then, in the middle of the story, would be the movie that we, you know, previously saw about the President’s daughter goes down, he has to go in and get her. And then, you know, they did a sequel, Escape from LA, but I would like to then kind of find a way to have New York go back to a place that we’d like to see what it is today.”

Clearly Silver’s already got big plans for his Escape from New York series, but it’s also vital to point out that the project is nowhere near go-time yet. Silver noted:
“So there is a way to tell the story in three ways, but we haven’t got there yet and we’re just starting.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Bleeding Cool March 18, 2013 :
Escape From New York To Be Rebooted With A Prequel, Possibly Whole New Trilogy
Brendon Connelly wrote:The exact nature of New York in Escape From New York wasn't the point, it was just a backdrop-cum-MacGuffin. You could tell more or less the same story in any number of closed-off, urban environs. Nonetheless, Joel Silver and Studio Canal are planning to reboot John Carpenter's movies with a prequel story of how the Big Apple came to be a walled-off hellhole and then, if that works out, sequelise their prequel.

Presumably, the first sequel will echo the original film but any threequel would steer pretty clear of the genuinely oddball Escape From LA.

Deadline say that Studio Canal are financing development for the new series and looking for a writer right now.

It remains to be seen if the first film requires a Snake Plissken character, and Silver and Co. might do well to leave him out and duck the inevitable comparisons between whoever they choose and Kurt Russell for as long as possible.

The Thing do-over was a kind of prequel too. I guess it's either in vogue, or just Hollywood's best idea for how to follow John Carpenter.

Now, here's a game for you: what would you even call a prequel to Escape From New York?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 am

Now, here's a game for you: what would you even call a prequel to Escape From New York?

ESCAPE FROM NEW AMSTERDAM

Too easy!
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 am

I would pay to see that movie
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby minstrel on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 am

Spandau Belly wrote:

ESCAPE FROM NEW AMSTERDAM

Too easy!

Or maybe just "Escape From York" and it would be about pilgrims leaving the city in England to sail to the New World in the early 17th century.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 pm

ESCAPE FROM NEW JERSEY

based on the true story of a man who tried to leave Fort Lee the week after that city's mayor refused to endorse Chris Christie for governor
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm

it is a documentary about a family of Long Island fundamentalist conservatives, the Hannity family, fleeing g@y marriage, gun control, and a $10/hr minimum wage as they attempt to make their way through a series of harrowing encounters with minorities, the homeless, and public transit after their Land Rover breaks down....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Remake Blasphemy Continues (Escape from L.A. Thread)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:38 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Remake Blasphemy Continues (Escape from L.A. Thread)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:20 am

‘Escape From L.A.’ Reboot Following ‘Group’ Thinking of ‘Avengers,’ ‘X-Men,’ ‘Justice League’
Joel Silver may be building a "team" of co-leads around antihero Snake Plissken
Jeff Sneider wrote:Is mega-producer Joel Silver planning to take his long-planned “Escape From L.A.” reboot even further in the same “team” direction as “The Avengers,” “X-Men” and the upcoming “Justice League” movie?

A new report from popular sci-fi site Starlog claims that the most recent draft of the script, which has “always had a team dynamic to it,” has elevated several former supporting characters to “co-leads,” perhaps in response to the current blockbuster marketplace.

The screenplay is now said to find iconic antihero Snake Plissken flanked by returning mates Cabbie, a schizophrenic travel guide who serves as comic relief, and Brain, Snake's former partner-in-crime who left him to die after a botched robbery, as well as Mina, a war journalist who becomes a scavenger after being framed for murder and Gareth, the last surviving member of the President's security detail who harbors a dangerous secret.

While Cabbie and Brain were significant supporting characters respectively played by Ernest Borgnine and Harry Dean Stanton in John Carpenter's 1981 classic, the other two are new additions designed to form a team of heroes in the vein of Marvel's “Avengers” that will of course be led by Snake.

STARLOG EXCLUSIVE: WHO WILL “ESCAPE FROM L.A.” IN TEAM-BASED REMAKE?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News