Remake Blasphemy Continues (Escape From New York Thread)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:39 pm

so sorry wrote:Hmmm, if this remake/reimaging/prequel is alot about snake BEFORE he gets to NY, then I'm not sure I like it.

I don't need an hour of a movie wasted on telling me why Snake Plissken became Snake Plissken... give me the fucking mystique that is Snake and get his ass behind those walls!

Yeah...I'm with you...
Snake (and pretty much the way they handled him) was the best thing about the original...

They don't need to "tell us about Snake" in order to tell us about Snake...

A few remarks and throw-away comments were more than enough to tell us exactly who the fuck we were dealing with...

I hate the trend of almost all remakes and/or prequels lately where they have to explain everything about a characters motivations and what-not...

These films are usually being remade because there's a fanbase...the fanbase is there because of what we liked about the originals...and usually, alot of that, came from the characters...

We don't need to know how their family life was and whether they were abused as a younglin or if they secretly love a hooker with a heart of gold who died a few years earlier - which is why said character is mean and bad-ass like...but still a nice guy...

Fuck that!

Have Snake walk into some room - in shackles and eye-patch - and tell him the situation.

Boom!
We then head to New York!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby WinslowLeach on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Id rather see a prequel about Snakes adventures BEFORE EFNY. I dont need to see another story Ive already seen. At least a prequel can stand as its own original film and not another half ass attempt at recreating a cult classic.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 pm

havocSchultz wrote:Have Snake walk into some room - in shackles and eye-patch - and tell him the situation.

Boom!

exactly.

I don't want to know that some dame broke his heart or that he got wrongly accused/punished for a crime he didn't commit or that the army dishonorably discharged him becasue he disobeyed a 'code red' order or some shit like that.

I want him to walk into a bar, and have the patrons scurry away in fear.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby WinslowLeach on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:55 pm

The only way Ill go see this at all is if its a prequel. Im really not interested in another remake of a fave cult classic.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:10 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
so sorry wrote:Hmmm, if this remake/reimaging/prequel is alot about snake BEFORE he gets to NY, then I'm not sure I like it.

I don't need an hour of a movie wasted on telling me why Snake Plissken became Snake Plissken... give me the fucking mystique that is Snake and get his ass behind those walls!

Yeah...I'm with you...
Snake (and pretty much the way they handled him) was the best thing about the original...

They don't need to "tell us about Snake" in order to tell us about Snake...

A few remarks and throw-away comments were more than enough to tell us exactly who the fuck we were dealing with...

I hate the trend of almost all remakes and/or prequels lately where they have to explain everything about a characters motivations and what-not...

These films are usually being remade because there's a fanbase...the fanbase is there because of what we liked about the originals...and usually, alot of that, came from the characters...

We don't need to know how their family life was and whether they were abused as a younglin or if they secretly love a hooker with a heart of gold who died a few years earlier - which is why said character is mean and bad-ass like...but still a nice guy...

Fuck that!

Have Snake walk into some room - in shackles and eye-patch - and tell him the situation.

Boom!

They could redo the original intro with Snake and his buddy robbing the futuristic national bank that was included as an extra on the recent 2 disc set...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Escape From New Jersey Into New York. Or, maybe, Escape From Scranton, Pennsylvania.

There's your prequel.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby minstrel on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Actually, they have to use the title "Escape From New York". It can be respelled as "We Copy Former Snake."
minstrel

Postby unikrunk on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:34 pm

Now with 100% less Escape from NY!

/Anakin Plisken
//slashie!
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm

Didn't Carpenter already remake EFNY as Escape from LA?
Thought so!
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:44 pm

You know, as far as cult classic remakes starring teh Butler...call me crazy, but I would have rather seen him do Mad Max or even Highlander.

The first Mad Max is incomprehensible and has all that weird dubbing. If there was ever a post-apocalyptic film to remake, I'd be far more comfortable with remaking Mad Max. Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:46 pm

[quote="Lady Sheridan"]You know, as far as cult classic remakes starring teh Butler...call me crazy, but I would have rather seen him do Mad Max or even Highlander.

The first Mad Max is incomprehensible and has all that weird dubbing. If there was ever a post-apocalyptic film to remake, I'd be far more comfortable with remaking Mad Max. Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.[/quote]

Best idea yet this year.
The Vicar

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:46 pm

LS you have never seen Mad Max minus the dubbing?

That's how it's generally aired on something like FX or AMC anymore. I hardly characterize it as "incomprehensible" either. I recommend renting one of the newer DVD versions.

The Vicar wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:

Best idea yet this year.

How about a real Egyptian too instead of Connery.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 pm

The Vicar wrote:Didn't Carpenter already remake EFNY as Escape from LA?
Thought so!

LA and NY are NOT the same thing! Just ask anyone from either city!

It's much easier to escape from LA. We have freeways here.

:)
minstrel

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:You know, as far as cult classic remakes starring teh Butler...call me crazy, but I would have rather seen him do Mad Max or even Highlander.

I like both of those ideas better than this. I really don't want to see Escape from New York remade. It's great the way it is.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

Yes, you would a LIKE a to believe a that, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:00 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:

Here come the comparison pics. :lol:

Actually, I've seen a few pictures of Gerry in which he does look alot like Mel. But I think LS showed most of them to me so they may have been photoshopped. :wink:
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:

Dino, put on the extra strength bifocals and feast your eyes on exhibit A:

Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:04 pm

Holy crappa!!

It's a the illegitimate love a child of a the Mel Gibson anna the Hugh Jackman!!!!!

:shock:
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:04 pm

Who the hell is Mel Gibson?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby WinslowLeach on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:04 pm

I think he should be Max in Mad Max 4, not Snake in EFNY. Snake is Kurt Russell's character. Noone elses.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Who the hell is Mel Gibson?

MADNESS?!?!?!?

This! Is! GIBSON!!!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:07 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:LS you have never seen Mad Max minus the dubbing?

That's how it's generally aired on something like FX or AMC anymore. I hardly characterize it as "incomprehensible" either. I recommend renting one of the newer DVD versions.

I think the first time I saw it, it was undubbed because I always argued with people who said it was...and then happened to watch it on late night cable and realized they were right.

But it's only the last 20-30 minutes that have a cohesive plot. Before that, all the back and forth with the cops, and then the jump to the idyllic countryside...and somehow, I just don't think the new versions explain why Max and his wife leave their toddler sitting alone and then seem so surprised when the raiders show up!

When he actually becomes Mad Max and ties the guy to the tanker and all that...I won't deny that's awesome, but the rest of it is a jumbled up mess.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
La dy Sheridan wrote:Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

Here come the comparison pics. :lol:

Actually, I've seen a few pictures of Gerry in which he does look alot like Mel. But I think LS showed most of them to me so they may have been photoshopped. :wink:

You know me too well, Moo. Too, too well.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:10 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Who the hell is Mel Gibson?

MADNESS?!?!?!?

This! Is! GIBSON!!!

I heard that this was GIBSON!!!

Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm

whoa whoa WHOA!

Lets stop all this madness about remaking Mad Max please.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:15 pm

I don't care how many crazy beard pictures anyone posts, Mel Gibson will always look like this to me. I'm still living in 1987 on this point.

Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote: I just don't think the new versions explain why Max and his wife leave their toddler sitting alone and then seem so surprised when the raiders show up!

They don't...but whatever this thread isn't for me to argue with you about Mad Max and it's non-incoherence.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:30 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote: I just don't think the new versions explain why Max and his wife leave their toddler sitting alone and then seem so surprised when the raiders show up!

They don't...but whatever this thread isn't for me to argue with you about Mad Max and it's non-incoherence.

Er, ok, but no need to get the cat claws out either. :roll:
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:15 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:LS you have never seen Mad Max minus the dubbing?

The Vicar wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:

Best idea yet this year.

How about a real Egyptian too instead of Connery.

Guess I wasn't the only person confused about how Ramirez sounded like a scot, & MacLeod sounded like.......whatever that accent was supposed to be.
I can see Butler as Macleod with ease, but who will play Ramirez?
Or for that matter, The Kurgan? Clancy Brown frigging owned that part.
Antonio Bandaras for Ramirez?
Or maybe that guy playing Sayid on Lost?

Let me try this again ( ppphhhhffffttttt ) in a few moments.....
Woah. Head rush city, Merle.
The Vicar

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:19 am

If I was Gerard Butler, I'd cut and run before the curse of Russell could land upon me. This is from Entertainment Weekly.

For movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Kurt Russell's eyepatch-wearing badass Snake Plissken in Escape From New York is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1981 John Carpenter classic was in the works with Scottish actor (and newly minted 300 star) Gerard Butler as the new Snake, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Russell isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Russell sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Snake Plissken absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking The Thing and now Escape From New York. What's your take on that?
KURT RUSSELL: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

Some people are really attached to those movies.
Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

What other films of yours have been remade?
They remade a couple of Disney films that I made — Kirk Cameron did The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. They made Backdraft into two television series, Rescue Me and Third Watch, both of which I never saw. They did Stargate.

But messing with Snake Plissken is a whole different level of heresy...
People come up to me and say, ''You played Snake Plissken.'' I didn't play Snake Plissken, I created him! Goldie [Hawn] and I were talking the other day about this, and I said, ''Man, this is weird, isn't it?'' And she said, ''When they were going to do a remake of Private Benjamin, I thought, 'I didn't play Private Benjamin, I created that role!''' I did Wyatt Earp — there's only been 50 of those. But I'll tell you what, I'll put my Wyatt Earp up against anybody's. I'll put my MacCready [his character in The Thing] up against anybody's.

What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Escape from New York, or play the Ernest Borgnine role?
F--- that! I am Snake Plissken! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Escape From New York that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:24 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:If I was Gerard Butler, I'd cut and run before the curse of Russell could land upon me. This is from Entertainment Weekly.

For movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Kurt Russell's eyepatch-wearing badass Snake Plissken in Escape From New York is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1981 John Carpenter classic was in the works with Scottish actor (and newly minted 300 star) Gerard Butler as the new Snake, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Russell isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Russell sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Snake Plissken absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking The Thing and now Escape From New York. What's your take on that?
KURT RUSSELL: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

Some people are really attached to those movies.
Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

What other films of yours have been remade?
They remade a couple of Disney films that I made — Kirk Cameron did The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. They made Backdraft into two television series, Rescue Me and Third Watch, both of which I never saw. They did Stargate.

But messing with Snake Plissken is a whole different level of heresy...
People come up to me and say, ''You played Snake Plissken.'' I didn't play Snake Plissken, I created him! Goldie [Hawn] and I were talking the other day about this, and I said, ''Man, this is weird, isn't it?'' And she said, ''When they were going to do a remake of Private Benjamin, I thought, 'I didn't play Private Benjamin, I created that role!''' I did Wyatt Earp — there's only been 50 of those. But I'll tell you what, I'll put my Wyatt Earp up against anybody's. I'll put my MacCready [his character in The Thing] up against anybody's.

What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Escape from New York, or play the Ernest Borgnine role?
F--- that! I am Snake Plissken! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Escape From New York that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.

Bwhahahahaha!!!

Fuck that!
I AM SNAKE PLISSKEN!!!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:30 am

I did think it was a very low blow to mouth off on Butler, surely he must see the appeal for a young up and coming actor.

Bitch all you want about the remake but leave the Scotsman alone!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby minstrel on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:11 am

I don't think Kurt actually said anything negative about Butler. I don't think he said anything at ALL about Butler. So Kurt didn't mouth off on Butler. He just regards the Snake Plissken role as his own, and he would object to ANYONE else playing the part. Nothing against Butler or any other actor. Kurt was just saying that Snake is Kurt's character.

So there was no low blow to Butler.
minstrel

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 am

Kurt Russell said wrote:However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

He wasn't naming names, but who else would he be talking about? I think it's a bit of a slam to actually wince when you hear who's playing him. And Russell is assuming that Butler's going to play him as Scottish or that a Scot can't even embody an American. It's a bit of a slam.

Russell's politically conservative, so that's probably more behind his "He's American!" comments than anything else, but still. It's a cheesy statement to make. Plenty of British actors have played convincing Americans, I don't think we're that special or hard to embody. I thought the fuss over a British James Bond was understandable, but a bit overblown as well.

I don't want to look like some weird fangirl, Butler's watchdog or something--I didn't say it was a major slam, but I know I'd be stung if I was in his shoes. I'd be offended if I was in Russell's as well, certainly, but I'd be slagging off my old pal Carpenter more if I was him.

There's just doom all over the project. They should dump it.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Anti-Christ on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:13 am

There was doom all over the Psycho remake, The Hitcher remake, The Fog remake, etc., etc. Hollywood wouldn't dream of dumping something with a currently white hot lead actor attached.
Image Creating worlds
Anti-Christ
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:
Kurt Russell said wrote:However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

He wasn't naming names, but who else would he be talking about? I think it's a bit of a slam to actually wince when you hear who's playing him. And Russell is assuming that Butler's going to play him as Scottish or that a Scot can't even embody an American. It's a bit of a slam.

Russell's politically conservative, so that's probably more behind his "He's American!" comments than anything else, but still. It's a cheesy statement to make. Plenty of British actors have played convincing Americans, I don't think we're that special or hard to embody. I thought the fuss over a British James Bond was understandable, but a bit overblown as well.

I don't want to look like some weird fangirl, Butler's watchdog or something--I didn't say it was a major slam, but I know I'd be stung if I was in his shoes. I'd be offended if I was in Russell's as well, certainly, but I'd be slagging off my old pal Carpenter more if I was him.

There's just doom all over the project. They should dump it.

Well Russell does have a point. I haven't seen Butler actually act like a human being, let alone something specific as "American".
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Vicar on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:56 am

Timeline?
The Vicar

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:58 am

In Russell's defense - his Wyatt Earp was an oak.
Last edited by Doc Holliday on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:58 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:I don't want to look like some weird fangirl...

oh, there's no way you look like one.

sounding like one, on the other hand...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am

WinslowLeach wrote:Id rather see a prequel about Snakes adventures BEFORE EFNY. I dont need to see another story Ive already seen. At least a prequel can stand as its own original film and not another half ass attempt at recreating a cult classic.

I share this opinion.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:40 am

So if it's a prequel - then why call it Escape From New York still...?

Why don't they just call it Chronicles of Plissken or something...

I'd much rather just see them do a series of animated films or something...or shorts - and have Russell do the voice for Snake...

Just have him go on different adventures and missions and show all forms of bad-assery...

Like that animated Riddick film they put on the "trilogy" box-set...

That would be much cooler...

The only way I'd want a prequel is if it's just another adventure...not a bunch of back-story trying to explain to us who Plissken is...

NEWSFLASH FUCKOS!!!
We know who Snake Plissken is!!!

Leave it at that...
Just let him do his thing!!!

MADNESS???

THIS! IS! PLISSKEN!!!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 am

Sounds like Ol' man Russell didn't eat his bran for breakfast that day...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 am

I hate this modern idea that older actors can't be cool or something. With Gridehouse, I was hoping Russell would sort of have a return. Why not have him be Snake again?

They're doing it with Indy.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby instant_karma on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:04 am

I guess Kurt isn't aware that The Thing and Poseidon are remakes.

And Rescue Me and Third Watch are remakes of Backdraft? Riiiiight.

Dissapear up your own arse much?
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 am

havocSchultz wrote:So if it's a prequel - then why call it Escape From New York still...?

I'd much rather just see them do a series of animated films or something...or shorts - and have Russell do the voice for Snake...

Just have him go on different adventures and missions and show all forms of bad-assery...

The only way I'd want a prequel is if it's just another adventure...not a bunch of back-story trying to explain to us who Plissken is...

NEWSFLASH FUCKOS!!!

Leave it at that...

MADNESS???

THIS! IS! PLISSKEN!!!

They could simply expand the entire filmed but only recently appeared as a dvd extra bank robbery sequence into an entire prequel film Calling it something like Escape from Kansas or Missouri wherever the fascist sper bank of the future was located.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:37 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:So if it's a prequel - then why call it Escape From New York still...?

NEWSFLASH FUCKOS!!!

Leave it at that...

MADNESS???

THIS! IS! PLISSKEN!!!

They could simply expand the entire filmed but only recently appeared as a dvd extra bank robbery sequence into an entire prequel film Calling it something like Escape from Kansas or Missouri wherever the fascist sper bank of the future was located.

See..that would work...
Just another Plissken adventure...

It would at least (hopefully) allow them to not fuck with the character too much...

But you know they're so gonna be giving him a love interest in this one...
And/or maybe a little kid to save...

Good times...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:39 am

The Vicar wrote:Timeline?

I thought Butler was the best thing about that otherwise mediocre movie.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby The Vicar on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:58 am

RogueScribner wrote:

Agreed.
Comparing the two films, 300 & Timeline, he doesn't even look like the same dude. Pretty good transformation.
The Vicar

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 am

RogueScribner wrote:

Agreed, although I recommend reading the book. It is infinitely better than the film. The Marek character was great on the page (and like most of the film) everything just felt rushed and sloppy.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News