Page 3 of 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:39 pm
by havocSchultz
so sorry wrote:Hmmm, if this remake/reimaging/prequel is alot about snake BEFORE he gets to NY, then I'm not sure I like it.

I don't need an hour of a movie wasted on telling me why Snake Plissken became Snake Plissken... give me the fucking mystique that is Snake and get his ass behind those walls!


Yeah...I'm with you...
Snake (and pretty much the way they handled him) was the best thing about the original...

They don't need to "tell us about Snake" in order to tell us about Snake...

A few remarks and throw-away comments were more than enough to tell us exactly who the fuck we were dealing with...

I hate the trend of almost all remakes and/or prequels lately where they have to explain everything about a characters motivations and what-not...

These films are usually being remade because there's a fanbase...the fanbase is there because of what we liked about the originals...and usually, alot of that, came from the characters...

We don't need to know how their family life was and whether they were abused as a younglin or if they secretly love a hooker with a heart of gold who died a few years earlier - which is why said character is mean and bad-ass like...but still a nice guy...

Fuck that!

Have Snake walk into some room - in shackles and eye-patch - and tell him the situation.

Boom!
We then head to New York!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:48 pm
by WinslowLeach
Id rather see a prequel about Snakes adventures BEFORE EFNY. I dont need to see another story Ive already seen. At least a prequel can stand as its own original film and not another half ass attempt at recreating a cult classic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 pm
by so sorry
havocSchultz wrote:Have Snake walk into some room - in shackles and eye-patch - and tell him the situation.

Boom!
We then head to New York!


exactly.

I don't want to know that some dame broke his heart or that he got wrongly accused/punished for a crime he didn't commit or that the army dishonorably discharged him becasue he disobeyed a 'code red' order or some shit like that.

I want him to walk into a bar, and have the patrons scurry away in fear.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:55 pm
by WinslowLeach
The only way Ill go see this at all is if its a prequel. Im really not interested in another remake of a fave cult classic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:10 pm
by Chairman Kaga
havocSchultz wrote:
so sorry wrote:Hmmm, if this remake/reimaging/prequel is alot about snake BEFORE he gets to NY, then I'm not sure I like it.

I don't need an hour of a movie wasted on telling me why Snake Plissken became Snake Plissken... give me the fucking mystique that is Snake and get his ass behind those walls!


Yeah...I'm with you...
Snake (and pretty much the way they handled him) was the best thing about the original...

They don't need to "tell us about Snake" in order to tell us about Snake...

A few remarks and throw-away comments were more than enough to tell us exactly who the fuck we were dealing with...

I hate the trend of almost all remakes and/or prequels lately where they have to explain everything about a characters motivations and what-not...

These films are usually being remade because there's a fanbase...the fanbase is there because of what we liked about the originals...and usually, alot of that, came from the characters...

We don't need to know how their family life was and whether they were abused as a younglin or if they secretly love a hooker with a heart of gold who died a few years earlier - which is why said character is mean and bad-ass like...but still a nice guy...

Fuck that!

Have Snake walk into some room - in shackles and eye-patch - and tell him the situation.

Boom!
We then head to New York!


They could redo the original intro with Snake and his buddy robbing the futuristic national bank that was included as an extra on the recent 2 disc set...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm
by minstrel
Escape From New Jersey Into New York. Or, maybe, Escape From Scranton, Pennsylvania.

There's your prequel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:31 pm
by minstrel
Actually, they have to use the title "Escape From New York". It can be respelled as "We Copy Former Snake."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:34 pm
by unikrunk
Now with 100% less Escape from NY!

/Anakin Plisken
//slashie!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm
by The Vicar
Didn't Carpenter already remake EFNY as Escape from LA?
Thought so!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:44 pm
by Lady Sheridan
You know, as far as cult classic remakes starring teh Butler...call me crazy, but I would have rather seen him do Mad Max or even Highlander.

The first Mad Max is incomprehensible and has all that weird dubbing. If there was ever a post-apocalyptic film to remake, I'd be far more comfortable with remaking Mad Max. Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:46 pm
by The Vicar
[quote="Lady Sheridan"]You know, as far as cult classic remakes starring teh Butler...call me crazy, but I would have rather seen him do Mad Max or even Highlander.

The first Mad Max is incomprehensible and has all that weird dubbing. If there was ever a post-apocalyptic film to remake, I'd be far more comfortable with remaking Mad Max. Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.[/quote]

Best idea yet this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:46 pm
by Chairman Kaga
LS you have never seen Mad Max minus the dubbing?

That's how it's generally aired on something like FX or AMC anymore. I hardly characterize it as "incomprehensible" either. I recommend renting one of the newer DVD versions.

The Vicar wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:
And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.


Best idea yet this year.

How about a real Egyptian too instead of Connery.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 pm
by minstrel
The Vicar wrote:Didn't Carpenter already remake EFNY as Escape from LA?
Thought so!


LA and NY are NOT the same thing! Just ask anyone from either city!

It's much easier to escape from LA. We have freeways here.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:57 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
Lady Sheridan wrote:You know, as far as cult classic remakes starring teh Butler...call me crazy, but I would have rather seen him do Mad Max or even Highlander.

The first Mad Max is incomprehensible and has all that weird dubbing. If there was ever a post-apocalyptic film to remake, I'd be far more comfortable with remaking Mad Max. Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.

And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.


I like both of those ideas better than this. I really don't want to see Escape from New York remade. It's great the way it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:57 pm
by DinoDeLaurentiis
Lady Sheridan wrote:Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.


Yes, you would a LIKE a to believe a that, no?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:00 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.


Yes, you would a LIKE a to believe a that, no?


Here come the comparison pics. :lol:

Actually, I've seen a few pictures of Gerry in which he does look alot like Mel. But I think LS showed most of them to me so they may have been photoshopped. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 pm
by Lady Sheridan
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.


Yes, you would a LIKE a to believe a that, no?


Dino, put on the extra strength bifocals and feast your eyes on exhibit A:

Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:04 pm
by DinoDeLaurentiis
Holy crappa!!

It's a the illegitimate love a child of a the Mel Gibson anna the Hugh Jackman!!!!!

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:04 pm
by Bob Samonkey
Who the hell is Mel Gibson?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:04 pm
by WinslowLeach
I think he should be Max in Mad Max 4, not Snake in EFNY. Snake is Kurt Russell's character. Noone elses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:05 pm
by havocSchultz
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Who the hell is Mel Gibson?




Image



MADNESS?!?!?!?

This! Is! GIBSON!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:07 pm
by Lady Sheridan
Chairman Kaga wrote:LS you have never seen Mad Max minus the dubbing?

That's how it's generally aired on something like FX or AMC anymore. I hardly characterize it as "incomprehensible" either. I recommend renting one of the newer DVD versions.


I think the first time I saw it, it was undubbed because I always argued with people who said it was...and then happened to watch it on late night cable and realized they were right.

But it's only the last 20-30 minutes that have a cohesive plot. Before that, all the back and forth with the cops, and then the jump to the idyllic countryside...and somehow, I just don't think the new versions explain why Max and his wife leave their toddler sitting alone and then seem so surprised when the raiders show up!

When he actually becomes Mad Max and ties the guy to the tanker and all that...I won't deny that's awesome, but the rest of it is a jumbled up mess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:09 pm
by Lady Sheridan
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
La dy Sheridan wrote:Plus, Butler is almost a dead ringer for Mel Gibson.


Yes, you would a LIKE a to believe a that, no?


Here come the comparison pics. :lol:

Actually, I've seen a few pictures of Gerry in which he does look alot like Mel. But I think LS showed most of them to me so they may have been photoshopped. :wink:


You know me too well, Moo. Too, too well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:10 pm
by Bob Samonkey
havocSchultz wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Who the hell is Mel Gibson?




Image



MADNESS?!?!?!?

This! Is! GIBSON!!!


I heard that this was GIBSON!!!

Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm
by so sorry
whoa whoa WHOA!


Lets stop all this madness about remaking Mad Max please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:15 pm
by Lady Sheridan
I don't care how many crazy beard pictures anyone posts, Mel Gibson will always look like this to me. I'm still living in 1987 on this point.

Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:24 pm
by Chairman Kaga
Lady Sheridan wrote: I just don't think the new versions explain why Max and his wife leave their toddler sitting alone and then seem so surprised when the raiders show up!

They don't...but whatever this thread isn't for me to argue with you about Mad Max and it's non-incoherence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:30 pm
by Lady Sheridan
Chairman Kaga wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote: I just don't think the new versions explain why Max and his wife leave their toddler sitting alone and then seem so surprised when the raiders show up!

They don't...but whatever this thread isn't for me to argue with you about Mad Max and it's non-incoherence.


Er, ok, but no need to get the cat claws out either. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:37 pm
by Chairman Kaga
Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:15 pm
by The Vicar
Chairman Kaga wrote:LS you have never seen Mad Max minus the dubbing?

That's how it's generally aired on something like FX or AMC anymore. I hardly characterize it as "incomprehensible" either. I recommend renting one of the newer DVD versions.

The Vicar wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:
And I always wanted to see Highlander with an actual highlander as MacLeod.


Best idea yet this year.

How about a real Egyptian too instead of Connery.


Guess I wasn't the only person confused about how Ramirez sounded like a scot, & MacLeod sounded like.......whatever that accent was supposed to be.
I can see Butler as Macleod with ease, but who will play Ramirez?
Or for that matter, The Kurgan? Clancy Brown frigging owned that part.
Antonio Bandaras for Ramirez?
Or maybe that guy playing Sayid on Lost?

Let me try this again ( ppphhhhffffttttt ) in a few moments.....
Woah. Head rush city, Merle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:19 am
by Lady Sheridan
If I was Gerard Butler, I'd cut and run before the curse of Russell could land upon me. This is from Entertainment Weekly.

For movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Kurt Russell's eyepatch-wearing badass Snake Plissken in Escape From New York is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1981 John Carpenter classic was in the works with Scottish actor (and newly minted 300 star) Gerard Butler as the new Snake, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Russell isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Russell sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Snake Plissken absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking The Thing and now Escape From New York. What's your take on that?
KURT RUSSELL: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

Some people are really attached to those movies.
Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

What other films of yours have been remade?
They remade a couple of Disney films that I made — Kirk Cameron did The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. They made Backdraft into two television series, Rescue Me and Third Watch, both of which I never saw. They did Stargate.

But messing with Snake Plissken is a whole different level of heresy...
People come up to me and say, ''You played Snake Plissken.'' I didn't play Snake Plissken, I created him! Goldie [Hawn] and I were talking the other day about this, and I said, ''Man, this is weird, isn't it?'' And she said, ''When they were going to do a remake of Private Benjamin, I thought, 'I didn't play Private Benjamin, I created that role!''' I did Wyatt Earp — there's only been 50 of those. But I'll tell you what, I'll put my Wyatt Earp up against anybody's. I'll put my MacCready [his character in The Thing] up against anybody's.

What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Escape from New York, or play the Ernest Borgnine role?
F--- that! I am Snake Plissken! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Escape From New York that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:24 am
by havocSchultz
Lady Sheridan wrote:If I was Gerard Butler, I'd cut and run before the curse of Russell could land upon me. This is from Entertainment Weekly.

For movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Kurt Russell's eyepatch-wearing badass Snake Plissken in Escape From New York is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1981 John Carpenter classic was in the works with Scottish actor (and newly minted 300 star) Gerard Butler as the new Snake, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Russell isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Russell sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Snake Plissken absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking The Thing and now Escape From New York. What's your take on that?
KURT RUSSELL: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

Some people are really attached to those movies.
Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.

What other films of yours have been remade?
They remade a couple of Disney films that I made — Kirk Cameron did The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. They made Backdraft into two television series, Rescue Me and Third Watch, both of which I never saw. They did Stargate.

But messing with Snake Plissken is a whole different level of heresy...
People come up to me and say, ''You played Snake Plissken.'' I didn't play Snake Plissken, I created him! Goldie [Hawn] and I were talking the other day about this, and I said, ''Man, this is weird, isn't it?'' And she said, ''When they were going to do a remake of Private Benjamin, I thought, 'I didn't play Private Benjamin, I created that role!''' I did Wyatt Earp — there's only been 50 of those. But I'll tell you what, I'll put my Wyatt Earp up against anybody's. I'll put my MacCready [his character in The Thing] up against anybody's.

What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Escape from New York, or play the Ernest Borgnine role?
F--- that! I am Snake Plissken! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Escape From New York that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.




Bwhahahahaha!!!

Fuck that!
I AM SNAKE PLISSKEN!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:30 am
by Lady Sheridan
I did think it was a very low blow to mouth off on Butler, surely he must see the appeal for a young up and coming actor.

Bitch all you want about the remake but leave the Scotsman alone!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:11 am
by minstrel
I don't think Kurt actually said anything negative about Butler. I don't think he said anything at ALL about Butler. So Kurt didn't mouth off on Butler. He just regards the Snake Plissken role as his own, and he would object to ANYONE else playing the part. Nothing against Butler or any other actor. Kurt was just saying that Snake is Kurt's character.

So there was no low blow to Butler.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 am
by Lady Sheridan
Kurt Russell said wrote:However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.


He wasn't naming names, but who else would he be talking about? I think it's a bit of a slam to actually wince when you hear who's playing him. And Russell is assuming that Butler's going to play him as Scottish or that a Scot can't even embody an American. It's a bit of a slam.

Russell's politically conservative, so that's probably more behind his "He's American!" comments than anything else, but still. It's a cheesy statement to make. Plenty of British actors have played convincing Americans, I don't think we're that special or hard to embody. I thought the fuss over a British James Bond was understandable, but a bit overblown as well.

I don't want to look like some weird fangirl, Butler's watchdog or something--I didn't say it was a major slam, but I know I'd be stung if I was in his shoes. I'd be offended if I was in Russell's as well, certainly, but I'd be slagging off my old pal Carpenter more if I was him.

There's just doom all over the project. They should dump it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:13 am
by Anti-Christ
There was doom all over the Psycho remake, The Hitcher remake, The Fog remake, etc., etc. Hollywood wouldn't dream of dumping something with a currently white hot lead actor attached.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 am
by burlivesleftnut
Lady Sheridan wrote:
Kurt Russell said wrote:However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American.


He wasn't naming names, but who else would he be talking about? I think it's a bit of a slam to actually wince when you hear who's playing him. And Russell is assuming that Butler's going to play him as Scottish or that a Scot can't even embody an American. It's a bit of a slam.

Russell's politically conservative, so that's probably more behind his "He's American!" comments than anything else, but still. It's a cheesy statement to make. Plenty of British actors have played convincing Americans, I don't think we're that special or hard to embody. I thought the fuss over a British James Bond was understandable, but a bit overblown as well.

I don't want to look like some weird fangirl, Butler's watchdog or something--I didn't say it was a major slam, but I know I'd be stung if I was in his shoes. I'd be offended if I was in Russell's as well, certainly, but I'd be slagging off my old pal Carpenter more if I was him.

There's just doom all over the project. They should dump it.


Well Russell does have a point. I haven't seen Butler actually act like a human being, let alone something specific as "American".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:56 am
by The Vicar
Timeline?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:58 am
by Doc Holliday
In Russell's defense - his Wyatt Earp was an oak.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:58 am
by Keepcoolbutcare
Lady Sheridan wrote:I don't want to look like some weird fangirl...


oh, there's no way you look like one.

sounding like one, on the other hand...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am
by Nachokoolaid
WinslowLeach wrote:Id rather see a prequel about Snakes adventures BEFORE EFNY. I dont need to see another story Ive already seen. At least a prequel can stand as its own original film and not another half ass attempt at recreating a cult classic.


I share this opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:40 am
by havocSchultz
So if it's a prequel - then why call it Escape From New York still...?

Why don't they just call it Chronicles of Plissken or something...

I'd much rather just see them do a series of animated films or something...or shorts - and have Russell do the voice for Snake...

Just have him go on different adventures and missions and show all forms of bad-assery...

Like that animated Riddick film they put on the "trilogy" box-set...

That would be much cooler...

The only way I'd want a prequel is if it's just another adventure...not a bunch of back-story trying to explain to us who Plissken is...

NEWSFLASH FUCKOS!!!
We know who Snake Plissken is!!!

Leave it at that...
Just let him do his thing!!!


MADNESS???

THIS! IS! PLISSKEN!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 am
by so sorry
Sounds like Ol' man Russell didn't eat his bran for breakfast that day...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 am
by Nachokoolaid
I hate this modern idea that older actors can't be cool or something. With Gridehouse, I was hoping Russell would sort of have a return. Why not have him be Snake again?

They're doing it with Indy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:04 am
by instant_karma
I guess Kurt isn't aware that The Thing and Poseidon are remakes.

And Rescue Me and Third Watch are remakes of Backdraft? Riiiiight.

Dissapear up your own arse much?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 am
by Chairman Kaga
havocSchultz wrote:So if it's a prequel - then why call it Escape From New York still...?

Why don't they just call it Chronicles of Plissken or something...

I'd much rather just see them do a series of animated films or something...or shorts - and have Russell do the voice for Snake...

Just have him go on different adventures and missions and show all forms of bad-assery...

Like that animated Riddick film they put on the "trilogy" box-set...

That would be much cooler...

The only way I'd want a prequel is if it's just another adventure...not a bunch of back-story trying to explain to us who Plissken is...

NEWSFLASH FUCKOS!!!
We know who Snake Plissken is!!!

Leave it at that...
Just let him do his thing!!!


MADNESS???

THIS! IS! PLISSKEN!!!

They could simply expand the entire filmed but only recently appeared as a dvd extra bank robbery sequence into an entire prequel film Calling it something like Escape from Kansas or Missouri wherever the fascist sper bank of the future was located.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:37 am
by havocSchultz
Chairman Kaga wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:So if it's a prequel - then why call it Escape From New York still...?

Why don't they just call it Chronicles of Plissken or something...

I'd much rather just see them do a series of animated films or something...or shorts - and have Russell do the voice for Snake...

Just have him go on different adventures and missions and show all forms of bad-assery...

Like that animated Riddick film they put on the "trilogy" box-set...

That would be much cooler...

The only way I'd want a prequel is if it's just another adventure...not a bunch of back-story trying to explain to us who Plissken is...

NEWSFLASH FUCKOS!!!
We know who Snake Plissken is!!!

Leave it at that...
Just let him do his thing!!!


MADNESS???

THIS! IS! PLISSKEN!!!

They could simply expand the entire filmed but only recently appeared as a dvd extra bank robbery sequence into an entire prequel film Calling it something like Escape from Kansas or Missouri wherever the fascist sper bank of the future was located.


See..that would work...
Just another Plissken adventure...

It would at least (hopefully) allow them to not fuck with the character too much...

But you know they're so gonna be giving him a love interest in this one...
And/or maybe a little kid to save...

Good times...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:39 am
by RogueScribner
The Vicar wrote:Timeline?


I thought Butler was the best thing about that otherwise mediocre movie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:58 am
by The Vicar
RogueScribner wrote:
The Vicar wrote:Timeline?


I thought Butler was the best thing about that otherwise mediocre movie.


Agreed.
Comparing the two films, 300 & Timeline, he doesn't even look like the same dude. Pretty good transformation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 am
by Nachokoolaid
RogueScribner wrote:
The Vicar wrote:Timeline?


I thought Butler was the best thing about that otherwise mediocre movie.


Agreed, although I recommend reading the book. It is infinitely better than the film. The Marek character was great on the page (and like most of the film) everything just felt rushed and sloppy.