Director of Torque to direct William Gibson's Neuromancer

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Director of Torque to direct William Gibson's Neuromancer

Postby Neo Zeed on Sat May 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Adam Balm on Sat May 19, 2007 7:44 pm

He's about 20 years too late.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat May 19, 2007 7:47 pm

wait a darn minute...

no cast, a $70million indie, and some fuckin' nobody Pete Hoffman producing?

I seriously doubt this will happen...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Sat May 19, 2007 8:09 pm

This isn't the project for him.

Someone please put him to work on a live-action anime film because that's what he's the best at, as evidenced by his videos.

Aerosmith-Fly Away From Here

I can see the references to Ghost in the Shell, Gundam, Big O, Escaflowne, Macross, even a chibi Steven Tyler popping up. I still stand by my statement he should've directed "Transformers" because this is what he excels at.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sun May 20, 2007 12:03 am

LaDracul wrote: I still stand by my statement he should've directed "Transformers" because this is what he excels at.

Yeah...but Joseph Kaaaaaaaaaaaaahn is just a poor man's Michael Bay anyways...

Where's MasterWhedon when you need him...?

He fucking loved Torque...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Sun May 20, 2007 12:08 am

Johnny Mnemonic.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun May 20, 2007 12:09 am

tapehead wrote:Johnny Mnemonic.

Which wasn't bad until Ice-T and Flipper showed up.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Sun May 20, 2007 12:18 am

I enjoyed what Dolph Lundgren brought to his role in that film...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun May 20, 2007 12:21 am

Ha. I had no idea he was the bionic preacher.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sun May 20, 2007 12:22 am

The opening scenes ripping off Blade Runner bothered me, but I guess I didn't entirely hate it. Gibson actually put elements from Neuromancer and his other books into the script for Johnny as well. They totally fucked up the Molly Millions character.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Sun May 20, 2007 12:45 am

tapehead wrote:They totally fucked up the Molly Millions character.

imdb.com wrote:The character Molly Millions, from the original story, was changed to Jane for the film. They are very similar characters except that Molly had retractable razor blades under her fingernails and augmented vision. It is believed that the change was due to the "Molly" character being attached to the rights for any possible future Neuromancer film adaptation.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Nordling on Sun May 20, 2007 9:08 am

You know, in Vegas, if you're playing Texas Hold' Em and you draw two aces, you might as well go all in because the hand just doesn't get any better than that.

Well, this news is the exact opposite of that. First off, this guy directed TORQUE. That should be enough for anyone, but...

$70 million? Really? Have they even read the book? With the visuals as described in the novel, $70 million might get you through to the credits and the first 20 minutes.

This is going to suck. It's damn near certain, just as certain as two aces in Texas Hold 'Em.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sun May 20, 2007 9:25 am

I always lose when I pull pocket aces...

I always get shit for the rest of the cards after...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby LeFlambeur on Sun May 20, 2007 2:13 pm

I was fairly impressed with the direction in the movie Torque. The script was total shit, but on a pure aesthetic level the film was a jewel to look at. I'm actually glad to hear that Joseph Kahn is working again, but I'm not sure if this is the right project. I haven't read Neuromancer, but I suspect the quality of this film will depend on whether or not Kahn actually has a brain behind his eyes.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby LaDracul on Sun May 20, 2007 10:18 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
LaDracul wrote: I still stand by my statement he should've directed "Transformers" because this is what he excels at.

Yeah...but Joseph Kaaaaaaaaaaaaahn is just a poor man's Michael Bay anyways...

Where's MasterWhedon when you need him...?

He fucking loved Torque...

But dude, the point is, he knows his anime. And he should get a carte blanche on any project based on an anime/manga. He missed out on "Transformers", he missed out on "Speed Racer", I'm hoping he'll get the job for "Death Note" or "Monster". Well, if WB ever decides to make them.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby thebabypanda on Mon May 21, 2007 4:25 pm

Neuromancer is NOT an action film, nor should it be made into one.
there are action elements, sure, but it's more like trainspotting meets blade runner meets tron meets apocalypse now.

Here is my casting wishlist:

zoe bell = molly
shia lebouf = case
daniel craig = armitage
dustin hoffman = the finn
ellen page = linda lee
jimmy fallon or john leguizano = riviera
julius deane = anthony hopkins
christopher walken = ashpool
mos def = errol or maelcum (depends on how it's adapted)
tom waits = ratz
randy quaid = dixie flatline
eva green = 3jane
george takei = hideo
catherine keener = female turing officer
thebabypanda
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Theta on Mon May 21, 2007 4:34 pm

Nordling wrote:$70 million? Really? Have they even read the book? With the visuals as described in the novel, $70 million might get you through to the credits and the first 20 minutes.

Five years ago I would have agreed with you, but now there are effects houses all over the planet fighting for work. Plus the fact that they hired the director of "Torque" would indicate the budget is going to the effects, not the star power.

I'm skeptical this will even get off the ground in the first place, and I think the time for a "Neuromancer" adaptation has passed, but I'll be interested to see what happens.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby judderman on Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 pm

How are they going to make this movie after "The Matrix"?

I agree that Neuromancer is not an action book, and I really hope that this movie preserves its pace without decending into a chase. William Gibson's books have not been translated well to the screen (this is partly Gibson's own fault; he can't write scripts, which is not surprising given how little his books rely on dialogue.

Great list Panda.

zoe bell = molly: right idea; Molly has to be a fighter first and foremost. But can she act?

shia lebouf = case: Interesting. Whoever plays Case has to pull off the difficult trick of being young and acting old. I don't know if LeBouf has that in him.

daniel craig = armitage: cool choice! Though I might have gone a bit older, like David Morse.

dustin hoffman = the finn: The Finn is Steve Buscemi or no one.

ellen page = linda lee- Hmm. Like the idea, but Linda's a victim, not a hero. Things happen to her and she lets them. She's actually rather dependent.

jimmy fallon or john leguizano = riviera. No. Sorry but the one thing absolutely cast-iron about Riviera is that he has beautiful eyes. So beautiful that Neuromancer stole them. Cillian Murphy fits the bill, both in the beauty and in the psycotic department.

julius deane = anthony hopkins. Cool! I could see Ian McKellen in the role too.

christopher walken = ashpool: I thought Ashpool was older. Don't really have an image of him.

mos def = errol or maelcum (depends on how it's adapted): Dunno. Mos Def is a fairly restrained actor; I'd like to see Maelcum played in a slightly erratic, hyped up way. Casting an actual reggae singer would be interesting.

tom waits = ratz. Nice idea! I could see Timothy Spall as Ratz too.

randy quaid = dixie flatline: Ah, the big question: Is Dixie white or black? Personally I've always seen him as black, and indeed, as Isaac Hayes, even before South Park.

eva green = 3jane. Oh yes. Though I don't know if she could key in the sadism. You know, Ellen Page could probably pull that off.

george takei = hideo. Bit old now isn't he? I always imagined Hideo as being ageless. He was born in a tank and genetically engineered, so he should have a kind of artificial quality to him.

catherine keener = female turing officer. Wow. Perfect casting for a role I never considered.

I'd like to add: Gael Garcia Bernal: Neuromancer
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Orcus on Mon May 21, 2007 5:05 pm

For 70 Million, the only way not to fuck it up is to make it animated. I've read the book several times and quite frankly I'm expecting a hack job
"Where's you're God noooooow???!!"
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby thebabypanda on Mon May 21, 2007 6:05 pm

judderman wrote:How are they going to make this movie after "The Matrix"?

I agree that Neuromancer is not an action book, and I really hope that this movie preserves its pace without decending into a chase. William Gibson's books have not been translated well to the screen (this is partly Gibson's own fault; he can't write scripts, which is not surprising given how little his books rely on dialogue.

Great list Panda.

zoe bell = molly: right idea; Molly has to be a fighter first and foremost. But can she act?

shia lebouf = case: Interesting. Whoever plays Case has to pull off the difficult trick of being young and acting old. I don't know if LeBouf has that in him.

daniel craig = armitage: cool choice! Though I might have gone a bit older, like David Morse.

dustin hoffman = the finn: The Finn is Steve Buscemi or no one.

ellen page = linda lee- Hmm. Like the idea, but Linda's a victim, not a hero. Things happen to her and she lets them. She's actually rather dependent.

jimmy fallon or john leguizano = riviera. No. Sorry but the one thing absolutely cast-iron about Riviera is that he has beautiful eyes. So beautiful that Neuromancer stole them. Cillian Murphy fits the bill, both in the beauty and in the psycotic department.

julius deane = anthony hopkins. Cool! I could see Ian McKellen in the role too.

christopher walken = ashpool: I thought Ashpool was older. Don't really have an image of him.

mos def = errol or maelcum (depends on how it's adapted): Dunno. Mos Def is a fairly restrained actor; I'd like to see Maelcum played in a slightly erratic, hyped up way. Casting an actual reggae singer would be interesting.

tom waits = ratz. Nice idea! I could see Timothy Spall as Ratz too.

randy quaid = dixie flatline: Ah, the big question: Is Dixie white or black? Personally I've always seen him as black, and indeed, as Isaac Hayes, even before South Park.

eva green = 3jane. Oh yes. Though I don't know if she could key in the sadism. You know, Ellen Page could probably pull that off.

george takei = hideo. Bit old now isn't he? I always imagined Hideo as being ageless. He was born in a tank and genetically engineered, so he should have a kind of artificial quality to him.

catherine keener = female turing officer. Wow. Perfect casting for a role I never considered.

I'd like to add: Gael Garcia Bernal: Neuromancer

Bernal is too old to play Rio, a great choice for Riviera though, he does have beautiful eyes.

you're right about takei. jet li?

eva green. image: eva green in the formless white dress with nothing underneath, muff said, i mean enough....

dixie: i raise your black man to Laurence Fishburn. may only be voice work, but he has it. Also, see Paul Giamatti.

Errol/Maelcum: Lil Jon? Maybe greg eagles, he plays the voice of Grim on "the grim adventures or billy & mandy". Also, have you ever heard mos def rhyme or sing? do comedy with chapelle? He is amazing. give him a shot, he's real.

linda lee: lindsay lohan? be interesting to see her get whacked.

case: shia is really kind of the only choice right now. Playing a junkie with attitude can be easy with the right actor. just don't let him eat or see the sun for like two weeks.

molly: zoe bell is it. gotta lose the accent and all, but i believe it would work. get rid of (most of) the cgi and let zoe shine.

julie deane: i can also see ben kingsley. smarmy and affluent.

the finn: ok, steve is the greatest, but too tall?

Terzibashjian: serj from system of a down.

i've been wanting this so long i may not even be able to watch it if'n when it's released. The album i've been working on is (partially) loosely based on neuromancer. I'm producing audio only "scenes" from a fictional film and using that for between songs. doing score for that, then including my song's intro into the scene before the track starts. gonna be cool.
(delusions of granduer fade away...)
thebabypanda
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Neo Zeed on Wed May 23, 2007 1:05 am

I watched that Aerosmith video and suffered through Torque, and I'm not sold really on Joseph Kahn. I imagined Neuromancer with a dark Blade Runner look, and his stuff seems really bright and candycoated. For some scenes it could be be alright, but I don't want it to look like Ultraviolet. Maybe he'll surprise us, but has he directed anything dark (music vids, short films)?
Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby wonkabar on Wed May 23, 2007 2:16 am

havocSchultz wrote:I enjoyed what Dolph Lundgren brought to his role in that film...

SINNER!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby LaDracul on Wed May 23, 2007 10:07 am

Neo Zeed wrote:I watched that Aerosmith video and suffered through Torque, and I'm not sold really on Joseph Kahn. I imagined Neuromancer with a dark Blade Runner look, and his stuff seems really bright and candycoated. For some scenes it could be be alright, but I don't want it to look like Ultraviolet. Maybe he'll surprise us, but has he directed anything dark (music vids, short films)?

I think I remember a Muse video that had creeped him out as there was a sinister-looking kid running around with a syringe full of milk. That's the only thing I can remember...

But I'm trying to make the point that he should stick to anime-inspired stuff. I don't think this is the right project for him.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:02 am

Hayden Christensen to star in Neuromancer...?

JoBlo.com wrote:You may have already heard the news about the NEUROMANCER movie. What you didn't hear was who would be starring in this ambitious adaptation of the cyberpunk classic. JoBlo.com sources have told us that Hayden Christensen will star in NEUROMANCER as Case, the former hacker at the center of the story. I'll be honest and admit I've never read NEUROMANCER and my rudimentary attempts to try and understand the plot have only confused me. But it seems very much a precursor to the Matrix with the book even referring to "the matrix." Joseph Kahn (TORQUE) is directing the film, which is essentially set up as an indie film with a big budget. It is not set up at a studio but still carries an impressive $70 million budget. It's unclear when filming would begin but it could be later this year. Christensen can be seen next in the Fox action flick JUMPER, which hits theaters in February.

Extra Tidbit: If you really want to learn more about NEUROMANCER, check out this detailed study guide.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby monorail77 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:50 pm

God how I loved this book. Is it too late? Dunno, there are still some very cool ideas in it beyond just cybersapce.

Hayden Christensen? Hmmm. I've just rented Shattered Glass. This is the make it or break it role for me. If he sucks in this, then he just sucks. If not, the rest was George's fault.

Wish me luck.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Nordling on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Christensen is damn good in SHATTERED GLASS. Not sure he can pull off Case, though. It's a gritty, noirish kind of part.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Nordling wrote:Christensen is damn good in SHATTERED GLASS.

He really was. The whole cast was perfect in that movie.

I love that flick

As for the "Torque-guy"?

Shit. How could anyone who saw the Dinner for Five episode with Faizon Love not chuckle at this news?

Btw what the hell was that dude doing on the Blade Runner extra(s)?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Fawst on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm

This is bittersweet. Torque looked like a steaming pile of dog shit, if the dog that shat out the pile had swallowed some shiny gems first.

And Jesus Jumped-Up Christ, I can't for the life of me remember this book at ALL. I have a few vague memories of scenes (the performance art show, Straylight, sex in a Japanese-style hotel tube) but that's it. I must have been doing way too many drugs when I read this. Now I have to read it again. Maybe I should pull this out for when I finally finish WWZ.

LaDracul, quick question... would you trust this guy with a live action Akira?
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Well, I'm not sure if he could handle Neuromancer (especially because William Gibson always wanted Chris Cunningham), but I love Torque!
Seriously, I got no idea how anybody in the world can take this movie serious enough to hate it! Joseph Kaaaaaaaaahn took a script that definitely was supposed to be serious, saw what it was in reality, and turned it into a hilarious live action cartoon!
Let's see what he does with that one...
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't think Kahn is a horrible choice but what I remember of the book was almost unfilmable. I read the book before digital sets were practical but I won't be surprised if this goes over budget and over schedule.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Director of Torque to direct William Gibson's Neuromancer

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby tapehead on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Looks like a paperback cover - nice image, but really just a composite of various elements done in photoshop rather than any kind of teaser or preview for a film.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 pm

If its genuine I suspect that may something used for sales. I don't think they're shooting yet because I'm sure they would have announced the hell out of it and maybe released some pictures by now. They would definitely make a big deal of Molly's casting. You know they're looking for the right geek-approved piece of ass.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby judderman on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Don't say that. "Geek-approved piece of ass" makes me think of Megan Fox
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Ummm...
For most geeks, aren't any and all pieces of ass approved...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

William Gibson's Neuromancer

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Good luck!
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri May 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Hey, now that Vincenzo Natali has finally done "Splice", he needs another project to talk about in interviews for more than 10 years until he can finally do it. :lol:
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheButcher on Tue May 11, 2010 4:53 am

Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Hermanator X on Tue May 11, 2010 4:55 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:Hey, now that Vincenzo Natali has finally done "Splice", he needs another project to talk about in interviews for more than 10 years until he can finally do it. :lol:

Hows that Werewolf book coming on? :wink:
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed May 12, 2010 3:12 am

Coming out in 2038 :D But it IS coming.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 am

Neuromancer Hacks Into Hollywood - New pact covers $60 million budget; filming begins next year.
Seven Arts Pictures PLC has announced an agreement with Prodigy Pictures, Inc. to jointly produce and distribute the highly-anticipated motion picture Neuromancer, based on the best-selling science fiction novel by William Gibson.

Prodigy hopes to arrange substantial financing for the film, which is expected to have a production budget of approximately $60 million. Prodigy's Founder and CEO, Jay Firestone, will be the lead producer on Neuromancer, and will supervise all elements of production for the film.

"Jay Firestone has a long and well regarded reputation in the industry," said Peter Hoffman, CEO of Seven Arts. "I firmly believe that Jay's savvy and expansive relationships will lead to strong investment, and a sharp production."

Published in 1984, Neuromancer was the first winner of the science fiction "triple crown," receiving the prestigious Nebula Award, Philip K. Dick Award and the Hugo Award. Neuromancer was also listed on Time magazine's list of 100 best English-language novels written since 1923. By 2007, William Gibson's archetypal cyberpunk novel had sold more than 6.5 million copies worldwide.

The film adaptation of Gibson's novel will be written and directed by Vincenzo Natali, whose directorial credits include the 2009 science fiction horror film, Splice and the 1997 psychological thriller, Cube.

"Having Vincenzo on board has been exhilarating for us," said Jay Firestone, founder of Prodigy Pictures. "His distinctive vision has added a striking new dimension to William Gibson's already thought-provoking story."

Principal photography on the film is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2012.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Director of Torque to direct William Gibson's Neuromance

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 02, 2012 2:07 am

From EMPIRE:
Di Bonaventura Joins Neuromancer - Matrix producer jacks in
Owen Williams wrote:With Vincenzo Natali suddenly off making Haunter, there were some questions about what had happened to his slowly-gestating adaptation of William Gibson's Neuromancer. The answer is that the cyberpunk classic is still making its independent way to the screen, and that Neuromancer has now gained a heavyweight mainstream producer, in Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

Seven Arts and Prodigy Pictures Announce Lorenzo di Bonaventura to Join Production Team of "Neuromancer"
HOLLYWOOD, CA, Apr 30, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. /quotes/zigman/6466630/quotes/nls/sapx SAPX -4.33% ("Seven Arts") and Prodigy Pictures ("Prodigy") announced today that Seven Arts has executed an agreement with di Bonaventura Pictures for the services of Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Di Bonaventura and his producing partner, Mark Vahradian, along with Prodigy's Jay Firestone and Vincenzo Natali's partner, Steve Hoban, will produce the highly anticipated feature film "Neuromancer," which is based on the best selling novel of the same name by William Gibson. "Neuromancer" is to be directed by Vincenzo Natali.

During his tenure as a senior production executive at Warner Bros., Lorenzo di Bonaventura, among other accomplishments, discovered and shepherded the production of "The Matrix" and "Harry Potter" series of films. His production company, di Bonaventura Pictures, is currently based at Paramount Pictures and is responsible for producing the "Transformers" series of films, "G.I. Joe," "Salt," "Red," and the recently released "The Devil Inside" and "Man On A Ledge."

Natali's credits include "Splice," starring Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley, as well as the cult psychological thriller "Cube." "Splice" was released in thousands of theaters nationwide by Warner Bros., following a sensational debut at the Sundance Film Festival.

Published in 1984, "Neuromancer" was the first winner of the science fiction "triple crown," receiving the prestigious Nebula Award, Philip K. Dick Award and the Hugo Award. "Neuromancer" was also listed on Time magazine's list of 100 best English-language novels written since 1923. By 2007, William Gibson's archetypal cyberpunk novel had sold more than 6.5 million copies worldwide.

"Neuromancer" will be produced as a UK-Canadian-Hungarian co-production by Neuromancer Productions UK Limited (an affiliate of Seven Arts and GFM Films LLP) in the UK, Pioneer Pictures KFT in Hungary and an affiliate of Prodigy in Canada. Shooting on the $60m budget feature is planned for later this year, with anticipated distribution ready for the autumn of 2013.

GFM Films LLP, Seven Arts' joint venture partner, and Jon Levin at CAA were both instrumental in securing the deal with di Bonaventura and his producing partner, Mark Vahradian.

Peter Hoffman, CEO of Seven Arts, commented, "Jay and I are thrilled that two of the most successful and talented producers in the industry have joined our most important project. Lorenzo and Mark will also join with Vincenzo Natali, our very talented director, in bringing to the screen the incredible vision of William Gibson."

Jay Firestone commented "Lorenzo and Mark bring a wealth of success and experience to this project. Having them on board solidifies a strong and creative team that is dedicated to producing the groundbreaking and thought provoking cult classic that is 'Neuromancer.'"

Guy Collins, Partner in GFM, commented, "It is a great plus for 'Neuromancer' that has been developed with such passion and commitment by Peter, Vincenzo and Jay to have Lorenzo and Mark taking the production helm. Their knowledge of this genre and success in production augurs well for the movie and all our distribution partners who have already joined the film."

About Seven Arts: Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. is the successor to Seven Arts Pictures Plc, which was founded in 2002 as an independent motion picture production and distribution company engaged in the development, acquisition, financing, production, and licensing of theatrical motion pictures for exhibition in domestic (i.e., the United States and Canada) and foreign theatrical markets, and for subsequent worldwide release in other forms of media, including home video and pay and free television.

About Prodigy Pictures: Founded in 2006 by Jay Firestone, Prodigy Pictures leads the way in the production of quality film, television, and cross-platform media. Prodigy is responsible for the critically acclaimed television series "Lost Girl," which has electrified viewers around the world and is currently in production on its third season in Toronto. In January 2012, "Lost Girl" made its highly successful U.S. broadcast debut on Syfy channel and will begin airing season two on Syfy in April. Also in production is "XIII.2," the second season of the Canada-France coproduction and international success, "XIII: The Series." Prodigy's other credits include the critically acclaimed feature "Stuck" and the television mini-series "XIII," broadcast on NBC. The company has several feature film and television projects in development, including William Gibson's "Neuromancer" and "Weapon," in partnership with Studio 37.

About di Bonaventura Pictures: Formed by Lorenzo di Bonaventura in January 2003, di Bonaventura Pictures is based at Paramount Pictures. Most recently di Bonaventura Pictures has produced the box-office hits "Transformers," "Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," all directed by Michael Bay and starring Shia LaBeouf; "Shooter," directed by Antoine Fuqua and starring Mark Wahlberg; the big screen adaption of the popular comic book, "G.I. Joe: Rise Of The Cobra" and its forthcoming sequel "G.I. Joe: Retaliation;" the espionage thriller "Salt" for Sony Pictures and starring Angelina Jolie; Summit Entertainment's "Red," an espionage thriller based on the graphic novel by Warren Ellis starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren; the sleeper hit "The Devil Inside;" and "Man On A Ledge," starring Sam Worthington. Upcoming productions include "The Last Stand" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger for Lionsgate; "The Bitter Pill," directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring Rooney Mara, Jude Law and Channing Tatum; the film adaptation of John Grisham's "The Associate," directed by Adrian Lyne; the sequel to 2010's "Red," starring Bruce Willis; "Asteroids," based on the 1980s Atari videogame for Universal Pictures; the live-action feature "Lion, Tigers and Bear," based on the Mike Bullock comic book series for Paramount Pictures; and the crime thriller "Delivering Gen." The company is also developing a series of feature films based on Michael Scott's young-adult fantasy novels "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel." In 2011, the company branched into television production with the formation of di Bonaventura Pictures Television. Based at ABC Studios, di Bonaventura Pictures Television is currently developing the comedies "The Wonderful Women of Will's World," about a charismatic man who tries to juggle life with his two ex-wives, his new younger wife and his three children, and "Blondie & Clyde," a modern-day "Laverne & Shirley" about two women with big-town dreams who live in small-town Iowa; and several yet to be titled dramas.

Cautionary Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: Forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made under the Safe Harbor Provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Director of Torque to direct William Gibson's Neuromance

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 am

In I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it news:

Deadpool's Tim Miller to Direct 'Neuromancer'
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Movie News