Rambo 5??

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Rambo 5??

Postby King Psyz on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:37 pm

linky mclinkerstien

reuters wrote:Stallone, who said he was gearing up to make a fifth and final installment in the blood-and-guts series, told Reuters that media reports of his film becoming a bootleg hit in the former Burma, and an inspiration to dissidents, was a pinnacle in his movie career.

reuters wrote:Stallone said he was happy with what he described as "the bloodiest, R film (for) a generation" and hoped to make another.

"It will depend on the success of this one, but right now I think I'm gearing one up. It will be quite different," he said.

"We'll do something a little darker and a little more unexpected."

Darker than:
Image???

WOW!

thoughts?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Theta on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm not sure HOW it could get darker, honestly. I loved "Rambo", but I thought the ending of the film was a conclusion to the series as a whole.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:48 pm

Next Rambo must have him wearing masks made from the disembodied hearts of his victims?

Or John Travolta in a studly drag suit...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby RaulMonkey on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:53 pm

In one of the Q&A sessions, Sly mentioned going a bit more "surreal" in the fifth film, and crossing into a "different genre." It sounds to me like either ghosts are getting involved, or we're going on a Lynchian exploration of Rambo's psyche.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Or maybe Vietnam fever dream flash backs. This can be the movie where he finally snaps for reals. he'll gut a state trooper and play jump rope with the intestines.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:59 pm

hmmm like some real Apocalypse Now shit eh? Could be interesting into seeing the more psychotic nature of the character you saw a bit of in the first movie.

while it wasn't a real focus, you could tell he was manic, horribly paranoid, and a bit thrown off by the world not shooting at him. he became instictual rather than reasoning.

So does the next movie start with a mental snap? Maybe under capture or marooned somewhere?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby RaulMonkey on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 pm

One also wonders if *SPOILER* Poppa Rambo will play a significant role in the next one.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Zarles on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Vern's started doing video blog reviews!

:twisted:
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 am

Zarles wrote:Vern's started doing video blog reviews!

:twisted:

HAHAHAHAHA~~HAHAHAHA!11!!!

yeah, um, $50mill-y budget, only grossed $30 so far?

no sequel.

and, um, SPOILERS!

i haven't seen it, but Rambo comes home to the States at the end, yeah?

set it in an urban hell-hole...Detroit, or my beloved Oakland come to mind. JR is squatting in an abandoned tenement or living in a shelter or some low income housing - he sees the vicious drug trade/drug wars/gang wars first hand - and he does something about it.

Something...violent.

After trying to avoid it and paying lip service to various Buddhist like ideals, of course.

The situation could include corrupt cops (a nice throwback to the original - not that Dennehey was corrupt, but seeing Rambo fuck up some pigs would be awfully sweet), JR training an Army of younger kids...

could work, I reckon...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 am

I still need to see Rambo. I can't believe I haven't gone yet.

But I'm all for him going darker and more surreal. That sounds... sick.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 am

Main page has a link to a story about the possibility of another Rambo flick. Did the last movie do well enough to warrant a sequel? And what genre would Rambo find himself in now? Rambo vs Predator? Rambo & Son? Rambo: The Musical?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:50 am

Rambo: The Chick Flick

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby DanielSan on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am

A musical. Titled....

Rambo!

(with the exclamation point, of course.)
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Re: Rambo:5???

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:23 am

King Psyz wrote:linky mclinkerstien

reuters wrote:Stallone, who said he was gearing up to make a fifth and final installment in the blood-and-guts series, told Reuters that media reports of his film becoming a bootleg hit in the former Burma, and an inspiration to dissidents, was a pinnacle in his movie career.

reuters wrote:Stallone said he was happy with what he described as "the bloodiest, R film (for) a generation" and hoped to make another.

"It will depend on the success of this one, but right now I think I'm gearing one up. It will be quite different," he said.

Darker than:
Image???

WOW!

thoughts?

What he meant was the movie would be filmed exclusively during the night.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Re: Rambo:5???

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 am

Wolfpack wrote:
King Psyz wrote:linky mclinkerstien

Darker than:
Image???

WOW!

thoughts?

What he meant was the movie would be filmed exclusively during the night.

how much will he have to pay Fincher to go for it, though? :wink:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:35 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Main page has a link to a story about the possibility of another Rambo flick. Did the last movie do well enough to warrant a sequel? And what genre would Rambo find himself in now? Rambo vs Predator? Rambo & Son? Rambo: The Musical?

i'm thinking Period Piece.

Rambo: The Golden Age

starring:
sylvester stallone as King Rambo I of England
natalie portman as his wife, Queen Rambo
kiera knightley as some random chick in a frilly dress who jumps into fountains
and a bunch of nameless asian guys as The French

when The French kidnap the queen, King Rambo I invades with the help of plucky kiera knightley, lots of explosive tipped arrows, and a howitzer.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby instant_karma on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Given how much Stallone seemed to want to do a remake of Death Wish, I'm wondering if that might be the new genre he's thinking of taking the character.

I could see the Rambo character disliking the state of the America that he's finally returned to, and taking it upon himself to try and impose his vision of how things should be. With big guns.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:42 pm

Well at the end of Rambo 4 he is walking down a country road, heading towards a mailbox labeled R. Rambo. This is his Dad's farm.

I would say Rambo 5 should consist of Rambo and his Dad battling it out around the farm. Maybe get some more local rednecks involved in the bloodshed.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Rambo has a sex change to diguise himself and get´s raped so he goes all out for Revenge.

Sympathy for Lady Rambo.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Maui wrote:Well at the end of Rambo 4 he is walking down a country road, heading towards a mailbox labeled R. Rambo. This is his Dad's farm.

I would say Rambo 5 should consist of Rambo and his Dad battling it out around the farm. Maybe get some more local rednecks involved in the bloodshed.

how about rambo walks in and meets his daddy... and (surprise twist) it's BRIAN DENNEHY!

that would lead right into your plot, and definitely bring the franchise full circle.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Rambo becomes a mob enforcer, then he goes to france, eats a royale with cheese, comes back and takes out his boss' heroin addict wife, then revives her when she ODs, then gets killed on the can waiting to pop bruce willis. but it's shown all out of order.

Pulp Rambo
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 pm

I still think the Rambo sex change would be ace.
Call it...

Tranbo.:lol:

papalazeru

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:56 pm

He wants to do another one & end the series?

So Rambo's gonna get shot in the head by some rookie cop at the end?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 pm

So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?

For the new movie, how about he has to deal with his cranky disfunctional family who just wont get along with his new missionary wife (who is still shell shocked, and basically just mumbles, they make a cute pair).

It could be a winner, as long as its called "Everybody Loves Rambo."
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Rambo in the Bronx, you know it's gonna happen!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Or get Spike Jonze for "Being John Rambo."

Could be some freaky shit. Climax of the movie is the "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" scene where he enters his own head, and finds a world populated by Rambo's and he decides to take em all out. Now thats an explosive finale.

Note to self: Stop thinking of crap Rambo movies.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Main page has a link to a story about the possibility of another Rambo flick. Did the last movie do well enough to warrant a sequel? And what genre would Rambo find himself in now? Rambo vs Predator? Rambo & Son? Rambo: The Musical?

i'm thinking Period Piece.

Rambo: The Golden Age

starring:
sylvester stallone as King Rambo I of England
natalie portman as his wife, Queen Rambo
kiera knightley as some random chick in a frilly dress who jumps into fountains
and a bunch of nameless asian guys as The French

when The French kidnap the queen, King Rambo I invades with the help of plucky kiera knightley, lots of explosive tipped arrows, and a howitzer.

IPAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Well Stallone said the reason he changed the title from "John Rambo" to "Rambo" was because he didn't want people to think it was a final story like "Rocky Balboa"...

...because apparently Full Name titles = final story.

Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:47 pm

There's a dangerous squat shaped alien on the loose being helped by a young boy and his friends on flying bikes, only one man can stop them, John Rambo.

Rambo vs E.T

::shot of glowing finger blown apart by explosive arrow::
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:01 pm

how about, rambo goes to a new clinic to have his traumatic memories erased, but then, during the erasing process, realizes he doesn't want to forget all the people he has massacred after all... so he starts hiding brian dennehy and all the nameless faceless asian people he's killed in other memories of his childhood and his mommy. it would be called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Rambo

or maybe it will be a film where rambo has returned and integrated back into society. but then he starts having hallucinations, seeing his son who died before he went to vietnam, and seeing these freaky demon creatures everywhere. he thinks he's losing his mind. but it turns out he's still in vietnam, everything in the previous films was just a hallucination, and he dies. and it's called Rambo's Ladder
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:05 pm

*Writes down all these ideas*

*Looks back over the last 2*

Hmmm...sounds familiar but...I like it.

How about goes on a holiday to find that women show an active interest in him and an old flame from his College years shows up (with a hilarious flashback to a labia being caught in a zipper) and they fight over who gets´s Rambo.

There´s something about Rambo

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:29 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Maui wrote:Well at the end of Rambo 4 he is walking down a country road, heading towards a mailbox labeled R. Rambo. This is his Dad's farm.

how about rambo walks in and meets his daddy... and (surprise twist) it's BRIAN DENNEHY!

that would lead right into your plot, and definitely bring the franchise full circle.

That works Bax!!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Hermanator X wrote:So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?

For the new movie, how about he has to deal with his cranky disfunctional family who just wont get along with his new missionary wife (who is still shell shocked, and basically just mumbles, they make a cute pair).

This works too.

I did catch the flirty action between Rambo and the missionary chick. Missionary meaning she teaches the gospel, not the other. :?
Maui
WoWie

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Maui wrote:
Hermanator X wrote:So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?

This works too.

I did catch the flirty action between Rambo and the missionary chick. Missionary meaning she teaches the gospel, not the other
. :?

Shit.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Who Framed Roger Rambo?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

Who Framed Roger Rambo?

That f*%@ers gonna pay!!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:01 pm

i still say it should be called Sudden Death.
Or has Stallone forgot that the series is FIRST BLOOD?

Hold on,

First Blood
RAMBO: First Blood Part II
RAMBO 3
RAMBO

Should they call it RAMBO 2 to complete the circle &/or confuse the fuck out of everyone?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:25 pm

maybe they can call it RAMB0 <--- that's a zero
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Zarles on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Sylvester Stallone IS.. Rambotouille.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:12 pm

John Rambo will kick your pansy ass
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:14 pm

TheBaxter wrote:maybe they can call it RAMB0 <--- that's a zero

...like a Rambo 0...where we get to see his exploits in Nam hacking NVAs to pieces.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.

It grossed $97 million worldwide, and the studio only gets maybe a bit over half of that. It cost $50 million and P&A would add even more to its cost. Assuming P&A was folded into the reported $50 million budget, it just barely broke even. If not, maybe on DVD. That's why all this sequel talk surprises me.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:46 pm

RogueScribner wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.

It grossed $97 million worldwide, and the studio only gets maybe a bit over half of that. It cost $50 million and P&A would add even more to its cost. Assuming P&A was folded into the reported $50 million budget, it just barely broke even. If not, maybe on DVD. That's why all this sequel talk surprises me.

It's part of a franchise.
Do you think they don't intend on whoring out box sets with the 4 movies, then a year or two later, another box set with the 5?

The movies so far have made collectively what? over half a billion (dollars) in box office takings?

It's a goldmine & they wanna strike while the iron is hot, or, i guess more appropriately, while Stallone cans still play the character.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Zarles wrote:Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Let's just hope he wears a hair net.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Zarles on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:18 am

Maui wrote:
Zarles wrote:Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Or at least washes his paws!
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 am

king_of_nowhere wrote:So Rambo's gonna get shot in the head by some rookie cop at the end?

And then, OCP puts his brain into a cyborg.

He's RoboRambo!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:57 am

king_of_nowhere wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:

It's part of a franchise.
Do you think they don't intend on whoring out box sets with the 4 movies, then a year or two later, another box set with the 5?

For an R-rated film with an action star in his 60s, I don't think Lionsgate/The Weinsteins came out badly from it.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DanielSan on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Maui wrote:

On his Rambush.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:01 pm

how about rambo does soft-core porn. after returning to the US, rambo has a sexual awakening, and journeys the world in search of the perfect lover, including a very erotic scene of a nude rambo riding on horseback.

Rambolero
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:14 pm

TheBaxter wrote:how about rambo does soft-core porn. after returning to the US, rambo has a sexual awakening, and journeys the world in search of the perfect lover, including a very erotic scene of a nude rambo riding on horseback.

Rambolero

I've only seen First Blood and the most recent Rambo. Does Rambo ever get any action other than warfare in the other Rambo films?
Maui
WoWie

Next

Return to Movie News