Rambo 5??

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Rambo 5??

Postby King Psyz on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:37 pm

linky mclinkerstien

reuters wrote:Stallone, who said he was gearing up to make a fifth and final installment in the blood-and-guts series, told Reuters that media reports of his film becoming a bootleg hit in the former Burma, and an inspiration to dissidents, was a pinnacle in his movie career.


reuters wrote:Stallone said he was happy with what he described as "the bloodiest, R film (for) a generation" and hoped to make another.

"It will depend on the success of this one, but right now I think I'm gearing one up. It will be quite different," he said.

"We'll do something a little darker and a little more unexpected."


Darker than:
Image???

WOW!

thoughts?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Postby Theta on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm not sure HOW it could get darker, honestly. I loved "Rambo", but I thought the ending of the film was a conclusion to the series as a whole.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
User avatar
Theta
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:57 am
Location: Boston, MA

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:48 pm

Next Rambo must have him wearing masks made from the disembodied hearts of his victims?

Or John Travolta in a studly drag suit...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Postby RaulMonkey on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:53 pm

In one of the Q&A sessions, Sly mentioned going a bit more "surreal" in the fifth film, and crossing into a "different genre." It sounds to me like either ghosts are getting involved, or we're going on a Lynchian exploration of Rambo's psyche.
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Or maybe Vietnam fever dream flash backs. This can be the movie where he finally snaps for reals. he'll gut a state trooper and play jump rope with the intestines.
Image
User avatar
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:28 am

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:59 pm

hmmm like some real Apocalypse Now shit eh? Could be interesting into seeing the more psychotic nature of the character you saw a bit of in the first movie.

while it wasn't a real focus, you could tell he was manic, horribly paranoid, and a bit thrown off by the world not shooting at him. he became instictual rather than reasoning.

So does the next movie start with a mental snap? Maybe under capture or marooned somewhere?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Postby RaulMonkey on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 pm

One also wonders if *SPOILER* Poppa Rambo will play a significant role in the next one.
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Zarles on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Vern's started doing video blog reviews!

:twisted:
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 am

Zarles wrote:Vern's started doing video blog reviews!

:twisted:


HAHAHAHAHA~~HAHAHAHA!11!!!

yeah, um, $50mill-y budget, only grossed $30 so far?

no sequel.

and, um, SPOILERS!

i haven't seen it, but Rambo comes home to the States at the end, yeah?

set it in an urban hell-hole...Detroit, or my beloved Oakland come to mind. JR is squatting in an abandoned tenement or living in a shelter or some low income housing - he sees the vicious drug trade/drug wars/gang wars first hand - and he does something about it.

Something...violent.

After trying to avoid it and paying lip service to various Buddhist like ideals, of course.

The situation could include corrupt cops (a nice throwback to the original - not that Dennehey was corrupt, but seeing Rambo fuck up some pigs would be awfully sweet), JR training an Army of younger kids...

could work, I reckon...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby Fawst on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 am

I still need to see Rambo. I can't believe I haven't gone yet.

But I'm all for him going darker and more surreal. That sounds... sick.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
User avatar
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: MacLaren's

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 am

Main page has a link to a story about the possibility of another Rambo flick. Did the last movie do well enough to warrant a sequel? And what genre would Rambo find himself in now? Rambo vs Predator? Rambo & Son? Rambo: The Musical?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
User avatar
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger
 
Posts: 9609
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:50 am

Rambo: The Chick Flick
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby DanielSan on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am

A musical. Titled....

Rambo!

(with the exclamation point, of course.)
User avatar
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Utica, NY

Re: Rambo:5???

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:23 am

King Psyz wrote:linky mclinkerstien

reuters wrote:Stallone, who said he was gearing up to make a fifth and final installment in the blood-and-guts series, told Reuters that media reports of his film becoming a bootleg hit in the former Burma, and an inspiration to dissidents, was a pinnacle in his movie career.


reuters wrote:Stallone said he was happy with what he described as "the bloodiest, R film (for) a generation" and hoped to make another.

"It will depend on the success of this one, but right now I think I'm gearing one up. It will be quite different," he said.

"We'll do something a little darker and a little more unexpected."


Darker than:
Image???

WOW!

thoughts?


What he meant was the movie would be filmed exclusively during the night.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Rambo:5???

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 am

Wolfpack wrote:
King Psyz wrote:linky mclinkerstien

reuters wrote:Stallone, who said he was gearing up to make a fifth and final installment in the blood-and-guts series, told Reuters that media reports of his film becoming a bootleg hit in the former Burma, and an inspiration to dissidents, was a pinnacle in his movie career.


reuters wrote:Stallone said he was happy with what he described as "the bloodiest, R film (for) a generation" and hoped to make another.

"It will depend on the success of this one, but right now I think I'm gearing one up. It will be quite different," he said.

"We'll do something a little darker and a little more unexpected."


Darker than:
Image???

WOW!

thoughts?


What he meant was the movie would be filmed exclusively during the night.


how much will he have to pay Fincher to go for it, though? :wink:
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:35 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Main page has a link to a story about the possibility of another Rambo flick. Did the last movie do well enough to warrant a sequel? And what genre would Rambo find himself in now? Rambo vs Predator? Rambo & Son? Rambo: The Musical?


i'm thinking Period Piece.

Rambo: The Golden Age

starring:
sylvester stallone as King Rambo I of England
natalie portman as his wife, Queen Rambo
kiera knightley as some random chick in a frilly dress who jumps into fountains
and a bunch of nameless asian guys as The French

when The French kidnap the queen, King Rambo I invades with the help of plucky kiera knightley, lots of explosive tipped arrows, and a howitzer.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby instant_karma on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Given how much Stallone seemed to want to do a remake of Death Wish, I'm wondering if that might be the new genre he's thinking of taking the character.

I could see the Rambo character disliking the state of the America that he's finally returned to, and taking it upon himself to try and impose his vision of how things should be. With big guns.
User avatar
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Thereabouts

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:42 pm

Well at the end of Rambo 4 he is walking down a country road, heading towards a mailbox labeled R. Rambo. This is his Dad's farm.

I would say Rambo 5 should consist of Rambo and his Dad battling it out around the farm. Maybe get some more local rednecks involved in the bloodshed.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Rambo has a sex change to diguise himself and get´s raped so he goes all out for Revenge.

Sympathy for Lady Rambo.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Maui wrote:Well at the end of Rambo 4 he is walking down a country road, heading towards a mailbox labeled R. Rambo. This is his Dad's farm.

I would say Rambo 5 should consist of Rambo and his Dad battling it out around the farm. Maybe get some more local rednecks involved in the bloodshed.


how about rambo walks in and meets his daddy... and (surprise twist) it's BRIAN DENNEHY!

that would lead right into your plot, and definitely bring the franchise full circle.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Rambo becomes a mob enforcer, then he goes to france, eats a royale with cheese, comes back and takes out his boss' heroin addict wife, then revives her when she ODs, then gets killed on the can waiting to pop bruce willis. but it's shown all out of order.

Pulp Rambo
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 pm

I still think the Rambo sex change would be ace.
Call it...

Tranbo.:lol:
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:56 pm

He wants to do another one & end the series?

So Rambo's gonna get shot in the head by some rookie cop at the end?
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 pm

So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?

For the new movie, how about he has to deal with his cranky disfunctional family who just wont get along with his new missionary wife (who is still shell shocked, and basically just mumbles, they make a cute pair).

It could be a winner, as long as its called "Everybody Loves Rambo."
...and so forth.
User avatar
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Kongsberg, Norway, This Town needs an enema

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Rambo in the Bronx, you know it's gonna happen!
User avatar
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:35 am
Location: the Netherlands

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Or get Spike Jonze for "Being John Rambo."

Could be some freaky shit. Climax of the movie is the "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" "Rambo" scene where he enters his own head, and finds a world populated by Rambo's and he decides to take em all out. Now thats an explosive finale.

Note to self: Stop thinking of crap Rambo movies.
...and so forth.
User avatar
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Kongsberg, Norway, This Town needs an enema

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Main page has a link to a story about the possibility of another Rambo flick. Did the last movie do well enough to warrant a sequel? And what genre would Rambo find himself in now? Rambo vs Predator? Rambo & Son? Rambo: The Musical?


i'm thinking Period Piece.

Rambo: The Golden Age

starring:
sylvester stallone as King Rambo I of England
natalie portman as his wife, Queen Rambo
kiera knightley as some random chick in a frilly dress who jumps into fountains
and a bunch of nameless asian guys as The French

when The French kidnap the queen, King Rambo I invades with the help of plucky kiera knightley, lots of explosive tipped arrows, and a howitzer.


IPAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Well Stallone said the reason he changed the title from "John Rambo" to "Rambo" was because he didn't want people to think it was a final story like "Rocky Balboa"...

...because apparently Full Name titles = final story.

Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:47 pm

There's a dangerous squat shaped alien on the loose being helped by a young boy and his friends on flying bikes, only one man can stop them, John Rambo.

Rambo vs E.T

::shot of glowing finger blown apart by explosive arrow::
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:01 pm

how about, rambo goes to a new clinic to have his traumatic memories erased, but then, during the erasing process, realizes he doesn't want to forget all the people he has massacred after all... so he starts hiding brian dennehy and all the nameless faceless asian people he's killed in other memories of his childhood and his mommy. it would be called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Rambo

or maybe it will be a film where rambo has returned and integrated back into society. but then he starts having hallucinations, seeing his son who died before he went to vietnam, and seeing these freaky demon creatures everywhere. he thinks he's losing his mind. but it turns out he's still in vietnam, everything in the previous films was just a hallucination, and he dies. and it's called Rambo's Ladder
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:05 pm

*Writes down all these ideas*

.....


*Looks back over the last 2*

Hmmm...sounds familiar but...I like it.

How about goes on a holiday to find that women show an active interest in him and an old flame from his College years shows up (with a hilarious flashback to a labia being caught in a zipper) and they fight over who gets´s Rambo.

There´s something about Rambo
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:29 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Maui wrote:Well at the end of Rambo 4 he is walking down a country road, heading towards a mailbox labeled R. Rambo. This is his Dad's farm.

I would say Rambo 5 should consist of Rambo and his Dad battling it out around the farm. Maybe get some more local rednecks involved in the bloodshed.


how about rambo walks in and meets his daddy... and (surprise twist) it's BRIAN DENNEHY!

that would lead right into your plot, and definitely bring the franchise full circle.


That works Bax!!
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Hermanator X wrote:So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?

For the new movie, how about he has to deal with his cranky disfunctional family who just wont get along with his new missionary wife (who is still shell shocked, and basically just mumbles, they make a cute pair).

It could be a winner, as long as its called "Everybody Loves Rambo."


This works too.

I did catch the flirty action between Rambo and the missionary chick. Missionary meaning she teaches the gospel, not the other. :?
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Maui wrote:
Hermanator X wrote:So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?

For the new movie, how about he has to deal with his cranky disfunctional family who just wont get along with his new missionary wife (who is still shell shocked, and basically just mumbles, they make a cute pair).

It could be a winner, as long as its called "Everybody Loves Rambo."


This works too.

I did catch the flirty action between Rambo and the missionary chick. Missionary meaning she teaches the gospel, not the other
. :?


Shit.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Hermanator X wrote:So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?


Who Framed Roger Rambo?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Hermanator X wrote:So is his dad named Roger Rambo, or the infinitely cooler Rambo Rambo?


Who Framed Roger Rambo?


That f*%@ers gonna pay!!
...and so forth.
User avatar
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Kongsberg, Norway, This Town needs an enema

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:01 pm

i still say it should be called Sudden Death.
Or has Stallone forgot that the series is FIRST BLOOD?

Hold on,

First Blood
RAMBO: First Blood Part II
RAMBO 3
RAMBO

Should they call it RAMBO 2 to complete the circle &/or confuse the fuck out of everyone?
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:25 pm

maybe they can call it RAMB0 <--- that's a zero
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby Zarles on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Sylvester Stallone IS.. Rambotouille.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:12 pm

John Rambo will kick your pansy ass
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:14 pm

TheBaxter wrote:maybe they can call it RAMB0 <--- that's a zero


...like a Rambo 0...where we get to see his exploits in Nam hacking NVAs to pieces.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.



It grossed $97 million worldwide, and the studio only gets maybe a bit over half of that. It cost $50 million and P&A would add even more to its cost. Assuming P&A was folded into the reported $50 million budget, it just barely broke even. If not, maybe on DVD. That's why all this sequel talk surprises me.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
User avatar
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger
 
Posts: 9609
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:46 pm

RogueScribner wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.



It grossed $97 million worldwide, and the studio only gets maybe a bit over half of that. It cost $50 million and P&A would add even more to its cost. Assuming P&A was folded into the reported $50 million budget, it just barely broke even. If not, maybe on DVD. That's why all this sequel talk surprises me.


It's part of a franchise.
Do you think they don't intend on whoring out box sets with the 4 movies, then a year or two later, another box set with the 5?

The movies so far have made collectively what? over half a billion (dollars) in box office takings?

It's a goldmine & they wanna strike while the iron is hot, or, i guess more appropriately, while Stallone cans still play the character.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Zarles wrote:Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Sylvester Stallone IS.. Rambotouille.


Let's just hope he wears a hair net.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Zarles on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:18 am

Maui wrote:
Zarles wrote:Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Sylvester Stallone IS.. Rambotouille.


Let's just hope he wears a hair net.


Or at least washes his paws!
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby buster00 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 am

king_of_nowhere wrote:So Rambo's gonna get shot in the head by some rookie cop at the end?


And then, OCP puts his brain into a cyborg.

He's RoboRambo!
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:57 am

king_of_nowhere wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Anyways, it's made back it's budget and then quite a bit more over, so a sequel might be financially viable too.



It grossed $97 million worldwide, and the studio only gets maybe a bit over half of that. It cost $50 million and P&A would add even more to its cost. Assuming P&A was folded into the reported $50 million budget, it just barely broke even. If not, maybe on DVD. That's why all this sequel talk surprises me.


It's part of a franchise.
Do you think they don't intend on whoring out box sets with the 4 movies, then a year or two later, another box set with the 5?

For an R-rated film with an action star in his 60s, I don't think Lionsgate/The Weinsteins came out badly from it.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby DanielSan on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Maui wrote:
Zarles wrote:Rambo decides to stop with the whole killing thing and become a French chef, but he can't because no one really wants to associate a former killing machine with fine cuisine. He's still got blood under his fingernails from the last movie, for chrissakes. So with the help of the floating ghost of Brian Fuckin' Dennehy, he secretly starts work in a kitchen while hiding under the counter. In the end, he impresses the food world multiple times over with his signature dish, and becomes the world-renowned chef he's longed to be.

Sylvester Stallone IS.. Rambotouille.


Let's just hope he wears a hair net.


On his Rambush.
User avatar
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Utica, NY

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:01 pm

how about rambo does soft-core porn. after returning to the US, rambo has a sexual awakening, and journeys the world in search of the perfect lover, including a very erotic scene of a nude rambo riding on horseback.

Rambolero
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby Maui on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:14 pm

TheBaxter wrote:how about rambo does soft-core porn. after returning to the US, rambo has a sexual awakening, and journeys the world in search of the perfect lover, including a very erotic scene of a nude rambo riding on horseback.

Rambolero


I've only seen First Blood and the most recent Rambo. Does Rambo ever get any action other than warfare in the other Rambo films?
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Next

Return to Movie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron