Rambo 5??

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Rambo 5??

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Primero Blood, Part Ju?

Rambo: Perrito caliente (Tell me OLEGER's, you WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!)

Rambo: Vera Truth (Eh? You like the pun no?)
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Bloo on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm

well since Trejo had to drop out of The Expendables, if Sly is going over the border, Trejo better be in it
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Bloo wrote:well since Trejo had to drop out of The Expendables, if Sly is going over the border, Trejo better be in it

*As many pointy appenaged up in the air as possible*

Trejo = Good guy for once.

papalazeru

Postby ironic name on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 pm

papalazeru wrote:Primero Blood, Part Ju?

Rambo: Perrito caliente (Tell me OLEGER's, you WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!)

Rambo: Vera Truth (Eh? You like the pun no?)

I want Rambo: blood free.
it makes no sense except that he frees some slaves
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:05 pm

In "Rambo: There Will Be First Blood", John Rambo travels west on a ruthless quest for wealth during Southern California's oil boom only to find that his young deaf son has been kidnapped by a gang of North Vietnamese bandits.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 am

Rambo helps a bunch of Otters relocate from North America to Japan because of the evils of Deforestation. There, he teaches them Japanese and how to use different forms of vegetation to make dams in,

"Rambo: First Wud, Part Bamboo"

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 pm

a prequel where we discover that the real source behind rambo's bloodthirsty, savage nature is his love of marijuana, telling the story of how his first toke led to him being the savage warrior he is today:

"Rambo: First Bud"
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:13 pm

TheBaxter wrote:a prequel where we discover that the real source behind rambo's bloodthirsty, savage nature is his love of marijuana, telling the story of how his first toke led to him being the savage warrior he is today:

"Rambo: First Bud"

Stop! You are on fire. And... so... my posts continue to get closer to 5000.

As do the Rambo sequels...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby DennisMM on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:29 am

Rambo, devastated by the destruction of a small English-style pub, teams up with an interstellar con man and a tiny green space creature to take down the bigwigs developing that corner of the forest. Rambo: Thirst Mudd, Part Gazoo.

Wow, that sucked.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby papalazeru on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:07 am

I've heard the 5th movie is a Carry on style comedy,

Ramob: Firm butts, part rude.

papalazeru

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 pm

You do all know that these films are about an injured Vietnam veteran disillusioned with the world and his place in it and is quite a sad and unsettling subject? Not jokes to be made here.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:You do all know that these films are about an injured Vietnam veteran disillusioned with the world and his place in it and is quite a sad and unsettling subject? Not jokes to be made here.

I acknowledged that in my above treatment.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:00 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:You do all know that these films are about an injured Vietnam veteran disillusioned with the world and his place in it and is quite a sad and unsettling subject? Not jokes to be made here.

Yes, and that was the point of the novel First Blood and the original screenplay, before they happied it up for the studio. I won't tell the original ending, for those who don't know about it, but it was appropriate.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 am

DennisMM wrote:

Yes, and that was the point of the novel First Blood and the original screenplay, before they happied it up for the studio. I won't tell the original ending, for those who don't know about it, but it was appropriate.

Richard Crenna turned into Kirk Douglas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally I thought Sly's acting in the shoeshine shoeshine scene was tragic enough.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

my rambo idea. be nice.

Postby arockfosheezy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:10 am

ok i think i really have something. maybe we can even make that kid from 3 relevant in retrospect. and lets get that damn necklace back.

rambo told the kid from afghanistan his name is rambo,and hes from arizona. maybe the kid would track down the rambo farm,maybe out of desperation and confusion from fighting alongside the taliban, he runs away to maybe ask rambo whats the point,or ask him what he should think or feel, or how to make nightmares stop. (and maybe after what rambo went through in 4,he might be the kind of person to answer the right way)

the whole time rambos been gone,the kid works for rambos dad on the ranch. when rambo comes waltzing in at the end of 4,he could gesture toward the kid working there and ask his dad whos that dude. dad would tell rambo,rambo goes to say hey,and the first thing the kid does is *GIVE BACK CO BAOS NECKLACE*. with the war messing this kids head up, rambo can relate to his problems. maybe since rambo found some peace,he can kind of tell the kid how to make it in life even though you'll always have nightmares. you could have a few comical moments where rambo cant find the words, or sums up complicated things with just one word, sorta like f$#k the world from 4.

then maybe white militia find out the kid worked for the taliban,and rambo shows the hillbillys how to catch arrows in the face. plus we would get to see rambo ride horses again. bows and shotguns,or maybe the kid has smuggeled his lee einfeld,that would be cool. thats the good old CLICK CLACK war winner.

or maybe half the town comes to rip the kids head off because one of the townspeoples sons was in the army,captured,and decapitated on camera, and they want he kids blood for it. rambo and the kid fight off half a town until real police arrive.

or whatever, NO ACTION at all,just let rambo talk about his soul. let rambo have war stories, have him let it out calmly, to show growth in rambo instead of the outburst from the end of part 1. let him articulate war, and his feelings about who he is. at this point, i would love to see rambo just say it. like a sleeping timbre wolf.

does anyone like this idea? i'll be happy if anyone even reads this friggin thing.
arockfosheezy
GLIB

Re: my rambo idea. be nice.

Postby ironic name on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:16 pm

arockfosheezy wrote:ok i think i really have something. maybe we can even make that kid from 3 relevant in retrospect. and lets get that damn necklace back.

rambo told the kid from afghanistan his name is rambo,and hes from arizona. maybe the kid would track down the rambo farm,maybe out of desperation and confusion from fighting alongside the taliban, he runs away to maybe ask rambo whats the point,or ask him what he should think or feel, or how to make nightmares stop. (and maybe after what rambo went through in 4,he might be the kind of person to answer the right way)

the whole time rambos been gone,the kid works for rambos dad on the ranch. when rambo comes waltzing in at the end of 4,he could gesture toward the kid working there and ask his dad whos that dude. dad would tell rambo,rambo goes to say hey,and the first thing the kid does is *GIVE BACK CO BAOS NECKLACE*. with the war messing this kids head up, rambo can relate to his problems. maybe since rambo found some peace,he can kind of tell the kid how to make it in life even though you'll always have nightmares. you could have a few comical moments where rambo cant find the words, or sums up complicated things with just one word, sorta like f$#k the world from 4.

ironic name

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 01, 2010 3:29 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm

TheButcher wrote:From Coming Soon:
Sylvester Stallone Says Rambo is "Done"

At first, I was a bit disheartened. Then I read that EXPENDABLES 2 is already in the works. Ok, that makes it all better.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 am

after reading about that whole "Rambo vs. genetic Id monster" idea he was floating around a while back, i think it's best to just put the character to rest. the end of the last film was an appropriate send off for the character.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon May 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Then I read that EXPENDABLES 2 is already in the works. Ok, that makes it all better.

Hmmm, I guess Sly survives the whole movie then, huh? I was kinda wondering if he'd go out, anti-hero style, dieing at the end to save one of his soldier's lives.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm

TheBaxter wrote:after reading about that whole "Rambo vs. genetic Id monster" idea he was floating around a while back, i think it's best to just put the character to rest.

Jeebus, seriously? Never heard about that story.

the end of the last film was an appropriate send off for the character.

Yeah but they left it so open ended. He's right there on the border of Mexico, right? That's clearly a setup for some cross border Rambo shenanighans.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 am

I respect Stallone's dedication to the character's legacy, but I also think this character has been pretty silly since the second film. I know Stallone thinks these movies are serious and political, or at least he's very good at keeping a straight face when he says that, but for me only the first one was a serious political movie and the rest have been action cheesefests and so getting too silly is not a risk in my opinion.

But I would definately take Expendibles 2 over Rambo 5 if it were a choice.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 am

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:after reading about that whole "Rambo vs. genetic Id monster" idea he was floating around a while back, i think it's best to just put the character to rest.

Jeebus, seriously? Never heard about that story.

the end of the last film was an appropriate send off for the character.

Yeah but they left it so open ended. He's right there on the border of Mexico, right? That's clearly a setup for some cross border Rambo shenanighans.

sounds to me like a setup for a Rambo-Machete crossover.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu May 06, 2010 11:41 am

Machete Versus Rambo would be the best versus movie ever.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby arockfosheezy on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm

people only comment on useless joke posts. where are the fans?
arockfosheezy
GLIB

Postby minstrel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:31 pm

arockfosheezy wrote:people only comment on useless joke posts. where are the fans?

Fans of Rambo 5? There is no Rambo 5. There won't be a Rambo 5. There's no reason for this thread to exist except for useless joke posts.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:44 pm

minstrel wrote:
arockfosheezy wrote:people only comment on useless joke posts. where are the fans?

Fans of Rambo 5? There is no Rambo 5. There won't be a Rambo 5. There's no reason for this thread to exist except for useless joke posts.

I shat in my diaper reading this post.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby minstrel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Fievel wrote:
minstrel wrote:

Maybe so, but everyone knows you would have shat in your diaper under any circumstances.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm

minstrel wrote:
Fievel wrote:
minstrel wrote:

Maybe so, but everyone knows you would have shat in your diaper under any circumstances.

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MacCready on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45 pm

minstrel wrote:
Fievel wrote:
minstrel wrote:

So....shitting in diaper = Rambo 5?
Sounds right to me. Frak, Rambo will be wearing Depends by the time this turgid freakshow of a film gets made.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:24 pm

They're going to recast Rambo, I guarantee you.

Stallone has given any rebooting of the character his blessing, I'm sure the studio will cash in on this franchise name recognition like they do with everything else.

My vote would probably be Ray Stevenson as John Rambo. I loved him in Punisher: War Zone and if they just made Rambo sequels with that attitude I would be very happy.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:They're going to recast Rambo, I guarantee you.

Stallone has given any rebooting of the character his blessing, I'm sure the studio will cash in on this franchise name recognition like they do with everything else.

My vote would probably be Ray Stevenson as John Rambo. I loved him in Punisher: War Zone and if they just made Rambo sequels with that attitude I would be very happy.

Yeah, and we can have cameo's from Stallone himself playing his father, Bruce Willis as the Uncle.

papalazeru

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:41 pm

papalazeru wrote:Yeah, and we can have cameo's from Stallone himself playing his father, Bruce Willis as the Uncle.

Willis would make an awesome Trautman.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby ironic name on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Machete Versus Rambo would be the best versus movie ever.

Oleg would end them both in the final 2 minutes.
ironic name

Re: Rambo: Last Stand

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:17 pm

EMPIRE EXCLUSIVE:
New Screenplay For Rambo 5 - Conan writer pens Last Stand
Owen Williams wrote:Eighteen months ago, in the run up to The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone told Empire that John Rambo's adventures were over. "It's pretty well done; I'm about 99% sure there won't be any more," he said. "I'm very happy with the last Burmese episode, and another film might be misinterpreted as an unnecessary and mercenary gesture. I don't want that to happen."

And yet, and yet... Conan the Barbarian writer Sean Hood has just submitted his screenplay for Rambo: Last Stand to Millennium. FEARnet slipped a casual mention into an interview with Hood about Conan (there's also a line about a potential film based on another Robert E Howard character: that'd be Kull, folks!), and the writer was happy to expand on that info a little, after a request from Empire for clarifiication.

Firstly, this isn't just preemptive wishful thinking on the part of Millennium: Stallone was involved in getting the ball rolling. "I met with Mr Stallone twice last year," Sean tells us. "He gave me a book, an older screenplay, and about twenty pages he'd written himself to use as inspiration for the last chapter of the Rambo saga."

What's the book? Sean won't say, but does reveal that this Rambo 5 isn't based on any of the ideas that have been bubbling under in the recent past. It isn't the south-of-the-border action-fest that would have seen Rambo rescuing a young girl from a deadly drugs cartel. Nor is it the the sci-fi tinged Savage Hunt (which always seemed like a bizarre idea anyway). And it isn't the prequel that Stallone was pondering last summer. "It's more in line with the small-town thriller of First Blood," says Sean.

Rambo: Last Stand is a long way from a done deal or a green light though. One screenplay doth not a movie make, and Sean is careful to stress that "As of now, I don't know whether Mr Stallone will actually do it. Right now, as I understand it, he has his hands full with Bullet to the Head and Expendables 2. But Millennium films did hire me to complete the screenplay and realise his story, and my hope is that he'll eventually be inspired to do one more Rambo film, with the tone of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Jeremy Renner as Nguyen Rambo, the son John Rambo fathered in Vietnam.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 am

From Maclean’s:
In conversation: Sylvester Stallone - The actor on feuding with Arnold Schwarzenegger and what’s wrong with today’s action heroes
Brian D. Johnson wrote:Thirty-five years ago at the Oscars, Rocky won Best Picture, beating All the President’s Men, Network and Taxi Driver. The movie scored 10 nominations, including Best Actor and Original Screenplay for its creator and star, Sylvester Stallone. He’s never been nominated since, but has racked up a record number of Razzies for “worst actor.” Now 65, Stallone is still scrapping for comeback, with two movies coming out this year, Bullet to the Head and Expendables 2.

Q: When you were broke, you turned down $250,000 from a studio that wanted to make Rocky without you. Did you have any idea at the time that it would take off the way it did?

A: Not at all. I thought I was making a film for drive-in theatres. I approached it as a coming-of-age story about the frustration I felt. I thought a regular character wouldn’t work, so I put it in the body of a boxer.

Q: I watched Rocky again and was amazed how little boxing there is. A lot of the time you’re just walking and talking—showing attitude.

A: I don’t look at Rocky as a boxing movie. It was a love story. That’s why I think it worked.

Q: In the early scenes, I thought I saw a touch of Robert De Niro’s Johnny Boy from Mean Streets.

A: Absolutely.You are good! When it really happened is when I go into the bar and meet Paulie, and I’m complaining his sister doesn’t want to go out with me: “What do I gotta do? I gotta get a tattoo, I gotta fix my face, I gotta get a Cadillac to connect with your sister?” That kind of body language was very reminiscent of Johnny Boy in Mean Streets, yeah. Regular artists borrow, geniuses steal.

Q: Who was your biggest influence?

A: In the main pantheon of acting, Kirk Douglas. I liked his intensity. But the fantasy aspect was Steve Reeves. When I saw Hercules my mind just exploded, because I was extremely thin, I was insecure. I literally ran out of the theatre and started lifting things, anything I could think of—milk crates. I’m still lifting things. It changed my life.

Q: What about Rambo, your other iconic hero? In First Blood your performance is virtually silent—The Artist as action movie. It was based on a Canadian novel, directed by Canada’s Ted Kotcheff, and shot in B.C. Are you some kind of closet Canadian?

A: I’m a lumberjack in hiding!

Q: So how do you relate to Rocky and Rambo? Are they twin sides of your psyche?

A: Rambo is me before coffee in the morning. Rocky is me after coffee. Rambo has reverted into kind of like an id: primitive, reactive and instinctual, almost like an animal. I love this character because he hasn’t quite been fleshed out. He’s like an errant knight, looking to die in a glorious fashion. He has no desire to go into old age or have a family. Rocky is the antithesis: he cannot live without family. So you’ve got the American Frankenstein monster, then you have the American Dream. In the book, Rambo gets killed. I thought it was not the proper message. There had been close to 200,000 suicides by returning Vietnam vets. I said, “Why don’t we take him right to the edge without annihilating him?” Quentin Tarantino said, “You’re a coward, you should have killed him!” I said, “Quentin, you’re a lunatic. I want to do some sequels, brother.”

Q: Didn’t you turn down a Tarantino movie?

A: Yeah, two. The De Niro part in Jackie Brown. And Grindhouse, the part Kurt Russell did—I said, “There’s no way. I have two daughters, and this fellow, his hobby is putting teenagers in his car and smashing them into a wall. That’s not going to work.”

Q: You haven’t played a lot of villains.

A: No. I’m getting there, though. I have one coming up based on a wonderful film that was done in Spain, No Rest for the Wicked. It’s hard-core, in the Bad Lieutenant mode. Badder Lieutenant, we’re calling it.

Q: You played a good sherriff in Cop Land and had to grow a belly.What was that like?

A: It was horrible, but after a while I loved being out of shape. I really did. I get it!

Q: What kind of shape are you in now?

A: Pretty good shape. I’ve had a lot of operations. I’m kind of like Franken-actor. I just had my rotator cuff done. Someone released this picture of me and Arnold [Schwarzennegger]. We showed up at the same hospital, same doctor, same operation, same arm. He had already been operated on—and I’m following him. I’m always following him! He’s feeling good because he’s just had his drugs, and I’m going in, and we talked. A picture came out and people said, “It looks phony.” Phony? I have a hypodermic in my neck.

Q: You and Arnie used to be enemies.

A: That went on for a long time. We couldn’t stand to be in the same room. But I like a good adversary. It makes you lose sleep and want to get up in the morning and go to the gym. We started in the business almost the same day. We were at the Golden Globes and he had won for best newcomer; I lost for best actor but we had won best picture, and I took this bouquet of flowers and threw it on him like, “It’s on, pal!” From that day on it was a very competitive thing. Then you move on, have families, and you realize that this fellow’s very similar to you. Now we get along great.

Q: When did it change?

A: When he started to run for governor. He started inviting me to events. I said no, then my wife says, “Come on, he’s extending the olive branch,” and next thing I know is I’m on the campaign trail, then we just hit it off. He did some great things, like, to be in Expendables when he was governor, for free.

Q: Next he’s your co-star in the sequel and The Tomb. Cage match, you and Arnie—who wins?

A: I do. Sorry Arnold, but it’s true! You can bench more than me, but I’d out-cage you.

Q: Let’s look at roads not taken. You turned down Coming Home, a very different Vietnam vet movie from Rambo. Why?

A: I was very foolish. I didn’t have the guts to do it, and at that time I really wasn’t a fleshed-out actor. I don’t know even if I am now. It just seemed so—what is the word?—naked, and it was a much more liberal point of view. Now I think I should have done it. Usually whenever you’re scared of something, do it. If you’re not afraid of it, don’t do it.

Q: Did you really turn down American Gigolo, An Officer and a Gentleman and Pretty Woman—three Richard Gere films?

A: Yeah. He’s prettier. I’m not a romantic lead. I look in the mirror—“Jesus! This is crooked, that’s drooping, the voice sounds like a pallbearer.”

Q: You and Gere had a tiff.

A: All the time. He was supposed to be in Lords of Flatbush. We were auditioning and would do improvs. He was always grabbing me and twisting my skin. I’d say, “Hey, stop! Seriously.” He keeps going on, then we’re sitting in the back of a car and he’s eating chicken covered in mustard. I said, “Richard, the mustard’s going to drip off and go on my leg and I’m going to belt you. I’m warning you right now.” He went, “Oh, yeah?” Sure enough he bites it, it goes on my leg. Boom! He goes, “Let me out of this car.” It’s like, “Either him or me.” I stayed and he went.

Q: What do you think of today’s action heroes?

A: The action film is pretty much a thing of the past, the kind Arnold and I did, or Chuck Norris, which is self-generated. Today’s action hero, his skills are through technology. He can fly, he can throw a bolt of lightning, he can freeze people. It’s not in-the-trench action. And I don’t know if that’s ever going to come back. That’s why Expendables worked. It was a walk down memory lane with 11 of the ugliest action dudes I’ve ever seen in my life on one poster. It was thug village.

Q: You made F.I.S.T. with Canada’s Norman Jewison, a leftie. How did you get along?

A: I had no idea what Norman’s political affiliations were. I was extremely naive in politics. People assume, “Okay, you’re a staunch Republican.” I’m not, I’m just very pro those guys in the military. But by no means am I some jingoistic, full-on Hannibal. When [Ronald] Reagan came out and said, “After seeing Rambo I know what to do in Libya,” I went, “Oh, no!” Rambo is neutral. But my character became the ultimate right-wing machine.

Q: You lost control of him. And Rocky?

A: There’s a disconnect between me and Rocky. People look at that statue [in Philadelphia] as a real character. I go there sometimes and stand way in the background. I see people getting married in front of the statue. People pull up at three in the morning, drunk, out of a cab, pat Rocky on the butt, then get back in the cab. It has nothing to do with me!

Q: In Rocky, when asked why you fight, you say, “I don’t know how to sing or dance.” But there’s a lot of dance in that performance. Do you feel you don’t get respect as an artist?

A: Well, yeah. But I brought a lot of it on myself. I tried to diversify and do some of these silly comedies that I hated. I thought that’s what you’re supposed to do. It just blew up in my face.

Q: You came back with Rocky Balboa.

A: My career was over, dead with a fork in it. Ten years past prime. I said let me do one more thing and end Rocky on the proper note. Every door was closed. The studio said, “Even if you got financing we wouldn’t do it. You’re a joke. No one wants to see a broken-down fighter following a sequel that was a disaster 16 years earlier.” I was down in Mexico all depressed. This producer walked in. I said, “I wrote another Rocky.” I think he took the script as a courtesy. His wife read it and she cried. He said if you can do this thing for $20 million … [Rocky Balboa would gross $150 million worldwide.] I’m dying to do another Rambo. He’s in Arizona on the border. It will involve him going into Mexico. I don’t think Rambo likes Mexicans.

Q: So will you kill him off?

A: Yeah.

Sylvester Stallone was interviewed at Carmen’s in Hamilton, Ontario at a fundraising evening for the Canadian Diabetes Association.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby ironic name on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 am

stallone wrote: Regular artists borrow, geniuses steal.

see also: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3094/3173 ... 9f04_b.jpg
ironic name

Postby TheButcher on Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:14 am

RAMBO V: The Return or Retirement of Sylvester Stallone’s Title Character?
RAMBO V: Rambo vs Predator
RAMBO VI: Rambo vs Terminator
RAMBO VII: Rambo vs Godzilla

Sylvester Stallone Returning To Rambo For Something He’s Comparing To The Coen Bros.
Rambo, The Dude & Walter Go Bowling
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:43 am

TheButcher wrote:RAMBO V: Rambo vs Predator
RAMBO VI: Rambo vs Terminator

That`s probably the only way to get me interested in a new Predator or Terminator movie.

I'm picturing the 'Gutterballs' dream sequence with Rambo right now.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:38 am

i hear the Rocky musical on broadway is doing pretty well.
can a Rambo musical be far behind?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Sylvester Stallone Is Already Training for Rambo V
Stallone told Vulture that Rambo V should be the next film on his docket
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:02 pm

If this is more PG13 bullshit, just tell me now so I can stop giving a fuck.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:If this is more PG13 bullshit, just tell me now so I can stop giving a fuck.

It's going to be a LIFETIME exclusive!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 am

Spandau Belly wrote:If this is more PG13 bullshit, just tell me now so I can stop giving a fuck.

well, the PG13 Expendables apparently flopped at the box office, so i fully expect Stallone to do the logical thing: make Rambo V a G-rated Disney cartoon. that should pull in the audiences, right?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:09 am

We've had a PG13 Expendables, Total Recall, Die Hard and two PG13 Robocops all flop, up next we've got a PG13 Mad Max movie. I'm just waiting for Shane Black to announce that he's reimagining the Predator more as a wisecracking sitcom houseguest alien like ALF.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 pm

i'd like to see some PG-13 torture porn. particularly distrubing scenes would include a girl having water dripped on her head, and a guy being strapped to a chair and forced to listen as the villain scratches his fingernails down a chalkboard.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News