Indy V: No.

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Indy V: No.

Postby judderman on Sat May 17, 2008 5:41 am

So. Anyone want to comment on Georgie's flight of fancy?

Thing is, when they first said they were going to do this back in 91, it was going to be with River. That could have worked, because River not only looked exactly like Harrison Ford, he also acted exactly like Indiana Jones. I would have been happy for the franchise to continue with River. Now River is dead, and both Lucas and Spielberg seem to be drooling over this kid Shia. Truth be told, I haven't seen Shia in a lot, but he hasn't wowed me, and he certainly hasn't wowed me in the Indy 4 trailer. So no. Good idea 20 years ago guys. Bad idea now. Please don't do it. Please.
User avatar
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 4:24 am

Postby Al Shut on Sat May 17, 2008 5:58 am

I'll reserve judgement untill I've seen Indy IV.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Postby papalazeru on Sat May 17, 2008 6:00 am

Nice one Judderman.

Looks like you beat Havoc to the job of posting spurious movie news as early as possible.

I'm going to start an Indy 6 thread now.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby judderman on Sat May 17, 2008 6:04 am

What? Is it spurious? Well, it is Fox News.
User avatar
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 4:24 am

Postby RogueScribner on Sat May 17, 2008 6:04 am

Great, I'll start the Indy IV vs V thread!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
User avatar
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger
 
Posts: 9609
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Postby papalazeru on Sat May 17, 2008 6:08 am

RogueScribner wrote:Great, I'll start the Indy IV vs V thread!


Don't you dare. I mean, everyone knows that Indy V is so much better thant Indy IV....the story is much more complex and pushes the characters further than before.

Right, that's it....PUT UP A POLL!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby havocSchultz on Sat May 17, 2008 7:34 am

This calls for a River Phoenix 2 Thread...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby Fried Gold on Sat May 17, 2008 7:51 am

This doesn't sound like it'd actually be a fifth Indiana Jones film...but a spin-off "Mutt Williams and the Biker Gangs of Mars" film (with Indy cameo).

Can't Lucas just make us all happy and start work on his THX1138 sequel...
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat May 17, 2008 8:02 am

Bad idea. All its gonna be is National Treasure set in the 50s.
User avatar
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: The Deuce

Postby travis-dane on Sat May 17, 2008 10:09 am

Lucas has directed/written and/or produced four films in a row which only exist because of ideas he had almost 30 years ago.....
Move on dude,you dont need the money!
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat May 17, 2008 10:41 am

I kinda figured this would probably happen purely because of LeBeef.

Whatevva keeps the old guy ticking, I don't care.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby Fried Gold on Sat May 17, 2008 11:05 am

travis-dane wrote:Lucas has directed/written and/or produced four films in a row which only exist because of ideas he had almost 30 years ago.....
Move on dude,you dont need the money!

I think he's fully aware he doesn't need money. That's why he's free to make anything he wants to make and you can't blame him as, if you had the money, you'd probably do whatever you wanted.


Just think...this'll have biker gangs from Mars which escape from Area 51 and they'll call upon Shia to clean house, with archeological help from his Dad.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Maui on Sat May 17, 2008 11:50 am

100% ground beef in Indy V?

I will wait to see his performance is Skull before I pass judgement.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby travis-dane on Sat May 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
travis-dane wrote:Lucas has directed/written and/or produced four films in a row which only exist because of ideas he had almost 30 years ago.....
Move on dude,you dont need the money!

I think he's fully aware he doesn't need money. That's why he's free to make anything he wants to make and you can't blame him as, if you had the money, you'd probably do whatever you wanted.


Just think...this'll have biker gangs from Mars which escape from Area 51 and they'll call upon Shia to clean house, with archeological help from his Dad.


Oh boy,I can blame him for making shitty movies!
He destroyed fucking DARTH VADER!
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
ass....


If he can do what he wants,why doesnt he make some new and edgy movies instead of Recycling his old shit(shit that prints money by the way)?
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Postby Zarles on Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm

I'd much rather see a kick-ass animated series or live action show.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Al Shut on Sat May 17, 2008 12:22 pm

travis-dane wrote:If he can do what he wants,why doesnt he make some new and edgy movies instead of Recycling his old shit(shit that prints money by the way)?


because he doesn't want to would be the obvious answer
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat May 17, 2008 12:38 pm

I heard that Geoge said this very much tongue in cheek to see how the fans would respond because he knew it would rile them up. Did anyone actually see the interview?
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Zarles on Sat May 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Uh-oh. I sense a Luca$-bashing session approaching.

:: holes up in the mountains for a year ::
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Fried Gold on Sat May 17, 2008 1:35 pm

travis-dane wrote:If he can do what he wants,why doesnt he make some new and edgy movies instead of Recycling his old shit(shit that prints money by the way)?

Because he doesn't have to and might not want to. He's in the position (both in terms of finances and infrastructure) to produce any type of film or television show he would like.

He's 64 years old with three teenage children. He's likely thinking back to his own teenage years and so is enjoying making films about motor racing and adventure stories.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby papalazeru on Sat May 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
travis-dane wrote:If he can do what he wants,why doesnt he make some new and edgy movies instead of Recycling his old shit(shit that prints money by the way)?

Because he doesn't have to and might not want to. He's in the position (both in terms of finances and infrastructure) to produce any type of film or television show he would like.

He's 64 years old with three teenage children. He's likely thinking back to his own teenage years and so is enjoying making films about motor racing and adventure stories.


......and anything that Hollywood can put Shia into. He's like the worlds first purpose built Rob Schneider.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat May 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Shia as the main character?
Really?

:roll:
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat May 17, 2008 11:30 pm

I can't believe people here are buying this. Such an obvious joke.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby RogueScribner on Sun May 18, 2008 1:34 am

Fried Gold wrote:
travis-dane wrote:Lucas has directed/written and/or produced four films in a row which only exist because of ideas he had almost 30 years ago.....
Move on dude,you dont need the money!

I think he's fully aware he doesn't need money. That's why he's free to make anything he wants to make and you can't blame him as, if you had the money, you'd probably do whatever you wanted.


Just think...this'll have biker gangs from Mars which escape from Area 51 and they'll call upon Shia to clean house, with archeological help from his Dad.



Yeah, the problem with this statement is for years Lucas had stated his desire to make smaller more personal films and he has yet to do anything of the sort. He made a new Star Wars trilogy, oversaw 3 Star Wars TV series, and developed another sequel to a film series that's more than 20 years old. This guy hasn't had anything new up his sleeve since the early '90s.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
User avatar
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger
 
Posts: 9609
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Postby judderman on Sun May 18, 2008 4:02 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:I can't believe people here are buying this. Such an obvious joke.


I don't know if it's a joke now, but the idea has been floating around between Spielberg and Lucas ever since Last Crusade, so I wouldn't discount the possibility.
User avatar
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 4:24 am

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 am

Team Shia up with an older, wiser Short Round.

Then I'm actually fucking sold. SOLD, I SAY!
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby beastie on Wed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm

So......
Think it'll happen given the incredible take last weekend? Personally, I am typically indifferent towards Shia and I thought that he was fantastic (despite the film's other flaws) in KOTCS.
I also read a quote from Spielberg mentioning this. I'm gonna attempt to summerize it. question of Indy V asked "Depends on if the fans ask for it. No one has ever asked me to make a sequel to 1941 or A.I."
Anything? I avoided the KOTCS review thread because by the time I saw the flick, it had over 1,000 replies.
User avatar
beastie
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Indy V

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 am

Mothersite has a link to a Lucas interview

Just read the two Lucas quotes from the AICN page. Priceless.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15656
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Indy V

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:47 am

Bullshit!

He's just trying to cover his own ass. Steve's interested because it made a shitload of money.

Lucas, needs to take it on one of his many chins and face it like a man. Admit to making commercial products.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Indy V

Postby The Vicar on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 am

Think Shia will get out of rehab/jail in time to do this?
It's a bad sign when a dude cops to not knowing when to stop drinking.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Re: Indy V

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:09 pm

The Vicar wrote:Think Shia will get out of rehab/jail in time to do this?
It's a bad sign when a dude cops to not knowing when to stop drinking.


I past that point when I was 22 as well.

And what are you looking at sugar-tits?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Indy V

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I couldn't find this thread last night else I would've posted that link here...


...there is some other comment here to add to this discussion.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Indy V

Postby The Vicar on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:23 pm

papalazeru wrote:And what are you looking at sugar-tits?


You say the sweetest things, luv.......
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Re: Indy V

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:14 pm

From movie hole: Lucas researching Indiana Jones 5
In an interview with Sci Fi Wire, George Lucas says preliminary research has begun on the storyline for a possible "Indiana Jones 5".

"It sits on the shelf there as one of 50 projects that I have to deal with," Lucas said in an interview on Aug. 4 at his Big Rock Ranch in San Rafael, Calif., where he was promoting the upcoming computer-animated feature film ''Star Wars: The Clone Wars''. "And if I can come up with a story ..."

But, Lucas added: "It's very hard to come up with stories for that thing. You know, It's really impossible. Because it has to be real. It has to be something that actually happened. It has to be something people know about. It has to be supernatural. It's a really difficult research project. Which they're researching now. You know, and last time it took 14 years. So ... "


From /film: Quote: Lucas Admits Indiana Jones 4 Was Pointless?!
I came across this quote from George Lucas in The New York Times:

“I mean, why do we have to make another Indiana Jones? There was no point to it, other than, gee, this might be fun.”

I’m not even going to comment on the quote, because it already says everything I would like to say about Lucas.

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Indy V

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Yeah, how dare these people make movies because they enjoy it.
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Re: Indy V

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

George Lucas wrote:"It sits on the shelf there as one of 50 projects that I have to deal with..."


And what are these 50 projects then, George? Is there really that much interesting stuff left to explore in Star Wars?
Image
User avatar
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:35 am

Re: Indy V

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:
George Lucas wrote:"It sits on the shelf there as one of 50 projects that I have to deal with..."


And what are these 50 projects then, George? Is there really that much interesting stuff left to explore in Star Wars?

Star Wars animated
Star Wars TV series
Other Star Wars stuff he has to sign-off on
THX1139
Lucasfilm + lucasfilms companies
Indy + indy stuff he has to sign-off on
That Tuskegee Airmen film he's been talking about doing for 30 years
Radioland Murders 2
Sending stalker mail to Linda Ronstadt
Sitting around drinking with Francis Ford Coppola
Denying that he ever intended to make three films after Return of the Jedi

That's like 12 right there.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Indy V

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:
George Lucas wrote:"It sits on the shelf there as one of 50 projects that I have to deal with..."


And what are these 50 projects then, George? Is there really that much interesting stuff left to explore in Star Wars?

Star Wars animated
Star Wars TV series
Other Star Wars stuff he has to sign-off on
THX1139
Lucasfilm + lucasfilms companies
Indy + indy stuff he has to sign-off on
That Tuskegee Airmen film he's been talking about doing for 30 years
Radioland Murders 2
Sending stalker mail to Linda Ronstadt
Sitting around drinking with Francis Ford Coppola
Denying that he ever intended to make three films after Return of the Jedi

That's like 12 right there.


I think that gets up to 50 when you consider sequels, prequels, novelizations, and video-game adaptations and spinoffs for each of your listed items...
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Indy V

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Don't forget about Howard the Duck part 2.
From MTV: ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Won’t Center on Shia LaBeouf, Insists George Lucas
Asked whether he still considered Mutt Williams a strong enough character to drive an “Indiana Jones” film, Lucas was adamant that Indy just isn’t Indy without Indy. Or, to put it another way: No.

“Indiana Jones is Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones,” Lucas said, dismissively adding about a character he helped create that, “If it was Mutt Williams it would be ‘Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis’ or something.”

It’s unclear what changed Lucas’s mind about the character, or whether he would necessarily return at all – even in a sidekick capacity. That said, “The Search for Elvis” is hilarious.

Of course, talk of an eventual “Indiana Jones V” is something of a giant hypothetical anyway, even as Lucas continued to stroke the fire of anticipation at his Big Rock Ranch near San Francisco, insisting that work IS being done to find a suitable object for another installment.

“We ARE looking for something for him to go after,” Lucas said. “They are very hard to find. It’s like archeology. It takes a huge amount of research to come up with something that will fit.”
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Indy V

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:08 pm

George Lucas wrote:“We ARE looking for something for him to go after,” Lucas said. “They are very hard to find. It’s like archeology. It takes a huge amount of research to come up with something that will fit.”


Off the top of my head - Fate Of Atlantis, Spear Of Longinus, Image of Edessa (the very first Christian icon). There's got to be shitloads of things Indy could go adventuring after.

The Image of Edessa would be an interesting one as it is a simple piece of cloth featuring the very first visual rendering of Christ and it was believed that whoever possessed it controlled a power capable of defending entire cities from siege. Sounds like something Indy would take a gander at.
Image
User avatar
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:35 am

Re: Indy V

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:
And what are these 50 projects then, George? Is there really that much interesting stuff left to explore in Star Wars?

Star Wars animated
Star Wars TV series
Other Star Wars stuff he has to sign-off on
THX1139
Lucasfilm + lucasfilms companies
Indy + indy stuff he has to sign-off on
That Tuskegee Airmen film he's been talking about doing for 30 years
Radioland Murders 2
Sending stalker mail to Linda Ronstadt
Sitting around drinking with Francis Ford Coppola
Denying that he ever intended to make three films after Return of the Jedi

That's like 12 right there.


I think that gets up to 50 when you consider sequels, prequels, novelizations, and video-game adaptations and spinoffs for each of your listed items...

He's making a CGI animated spin-off of his stalker letters to Linda Ronstadt?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Indy V

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:23 am

Fried Gold wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Star Wars animated
Star Wars TV series
Other Star Wars stuff he has to sign-off on
THX1139
Lucasfilm + lucasfilms companies
Indy + indy stuff he has to sign-off on
That Tuskegee Airmen film he's been talking about doing for 30 years
Radioland Murders 2
Sending stalker mail to Linda Ronstadt
Sitting around drinking with Francis Ford Coppola
Denying that he ever intended to make three films after Return of the Jedi

That's like 12 right there.


I think that gets up to 50 when you consider sequels, prequels, novelizations, and video-game adaptations and spinoffs for each of your listed items...

He's making a CGI animated spin-off of his stalker letters to Linda Ronstadt?


Then he's going to re-release the love letters...
But the ink will be digitally re-mastered and it'll appear in 3D...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Harrison Ford Talks Fifth Indiana Jones Film

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:42 am

From AICN:
Harrison Ford comments on the status of a further INDIANA JONES adventure!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38617
Quint wrote:Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. There's nothing Earth-shattering about Harrison Ford's recent talk with the LA Times, but he does confirm that Lucas is indeed going full speed ahead with planning the story for a fifth INDIANA JONES film.

He says, "It's crazy, but great." I'm not exactly sure the context, whether he's talking about the central idea (MacGuffin) for Indy 5 or the whole concept of a new series of Indy films starring a guy pushing 70.
Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Harrison Ford Talks Fifth Indiana Jones Film

Postby TheButcher on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 pm

From MTV: EXCLUSIVE: Harrison Ford Talks Fifth Indiana Jones Film

Josh Horowitz wrote:Here’s how the conversation went:

MTV: Is a fifth Indiana Jones film inevitable?

Ford: I don’t know. If we come up with a good idea…

MTV: Is the ball in George’s court at this point?

Ford: It is. That’s the process. With some general input he goes off and searches for the MacGuffin and then stumbles into a story. And at some point we have a chance to take a look at and give some input.

MTV: And he hasn’t found the MacGuffin yet?

Ford: No, we’re still in the primary stages.

MTV: The end of the last film leaves your character in a very intriguing position. He has a wife and a kid. Can he still be that man of adventure with those commitments?

Ford: And he’s seen something. Remember those are the only witness to what he’s seen. That’s kind of interesting.
Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: INDY V

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 am

TheButcher wrote:From MTV: EXCLUSIVE: Harrison Ford Talks Fifth Indiana Jones Film

Josh Horowitz wrote:Here’s how the conversation went:

MTV: Is a fifth Indiana Jones film inevitable?

Ford: I don’t know. If we come up with a good idea…

MTV: Is the ball in George’s court at this point?

Ford: It is. That’s the process. With some general input he goes off and searches for the MacGuffin and then stumbles into a story. And at some point we have a chance to take a look at and give some input.


Because that works well...
User avatar
Lady Sheridan
RED
 
Posts: 5035
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Croft Manor

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby King Psyz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Image
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:21 pm

jesus. I had problems with Indy IV but my primary reason for not wanting an Indy V is because I want people to stop using the term MacGuffin...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby King Psyz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:23 pm

makes it hard when the star and writers use the term huh?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Indy V

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:24 pm

Indiana Jones wrote:I should be in a museum.
...and so forth.
User avatar
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Kongsberg, Norway, This Town needs an enema

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby Seppuku on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:jesus. I had problems with Indy IV but my primary reason for not wanting an Indy V is because I want people to stop using the term MacGuffin...


I wouldn't complain, think about what we might have been using instead...
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Seppuku wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:jesus. I had problems with Indy IV but my primary reason for not wanting an Indy V is because I want people to stop using the term MacGuffin...


I wouldn't complain, think about what we might have been using instead...


George Lucas and the Search for his Magical Weenie
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Next

Return to Movie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests