Indy V: No.

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:10 am

I'm used to the online geek community spewing ten tons of hate on movies that are generally pretty well liked by the public.

Stuff like Wolverine, if you just read the internet you would think there was no hope in hell for another X-Men movie ever getting made but then most people I run into in real life just say it was "okay" or "alright" and they'd see another.

Indy 4 is one of the few cases in recent history where regular people who don't take moviewatching seriously all talk about seeing a movie as though they've been violated. It's the only time I can recall in recent history walking out of a cinema where I could hear everybody around me saying "That .... really... sucked."
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am

Fried Gold wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:It'll need more Nazis this time.

And less alien thingies.

And more practical stunt stuff.

And a different cinematographer.

Amen to all of that.

I think the Nazi's should take a different turn though, maybe more Wolfenstein. The Nazi's are working on occult projects, at least that would tie in nicely with the other film about faith.

Indy versus ODESSA.

indy vs. the 88-year-old dude who shot up the holocaust museum.

harrison ford could play both roles.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:39 am

Spandau Belly wrote:I'm used to the online geek community spewing ten tons of hate on movies that are generally pretty well liked by the public.

Stuff like Wolverine, if you just read the internet you would think there was no hope in hell for another X-Men movie ever getting made but then most people I run into in real life just say it was "okay" or "alright" and they'd see another.

Indy 4 is one of the few cases in recent history where regular people who don't take moviewatching seriously all talk about seeing a movie as though they've been violated. It's the only time I can recall in recent history walking out of a cinema where I could hear everybody around me saying "That .... really... sucked."

You didn't see Terminator Salvation in theatres?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:I'm used to the online geek community spewing ten tons of hate on movies that are generally pretty well liked by the public.

You didn't see Terminator Salvation in theatres?

Touché.

But putting it on an Indy 4 level? Do you really want McG to commit suicide?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:You didn't see Terminator Salvation in theatres?

No. I kinda don't care about it. I'll see it, but I won't make any effort to do so.

I actually don't know anybody in real life who saw it. Only some of my online friends.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Spandau Belly wrote: I'll see it, but I won't make any effort to do so..

Warning: This film will cost you brain cells, watch with your mates and a few cans of beer and think, Mystery Science Theatre.
I'm going to wait for the Rifftrax.

(Did you notice that Indy 4 is on a promo at Riff Trax at the moment :lol:)

papalazeru

Postby minstrel on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:So what artifact would the film be based around?

Stonehenge?

The True Cross? Noah's Ark?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Indy will have to race against time to stop Mutt from shooting JFK!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 pm

I've always wanted to see Indy have to crash some big Hollywood set during the filming of some mid-centruy Indy-like movie during a fight scene.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:58 pm

That actually would be kinda cool. But those type of movies went out of style by the 50s, didn't they? The tomb raider was replaced by the space man.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:24 am

RogueScribner wrote:That actually would be kinda cool. But those type of movies went out of style by the 50s, didn't they? The tomb raider was replaced by the space man.

It's fiction!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Indian Jones and the Spear of Destiny?

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:33 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:36 pm

i think the obvious choice for indy's next quest is the fountain of youth. i mean, if you were an 80 year old archaeologist and adventure hero, what could you want to find more than that? maybe they can cross over with 'the fountain' somehow, and indy finally tracks down the rachel weisz tree, only to be shot dead by a laser blast from hugh jackman piloting his bubbleship. and then mutt vows eternal revenge, which will launch the new shia-centric spinoff film series.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:38 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Indy will have to race against time to stop Mutt from shooting JFK!

And then it's revealed his actual name is Edward Blake.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Indy will have to race against time to stop Mutt from shooting JFK!

And then it's revealed his actual name is Edward Blake.

GRASSYKNOLLILASH
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:32 am

Darkness, with the paramount logo, turns to bright white light around the logo.

The light settles, and the logo fades to a jello mound, we are looking out from inside a fridge.

A familiar yet older face appears, and starts to grumble.

An over the shoulder shot shows that the milk is off, and the carton crushed in the protagonists grip.
As an injoke to fans of the last movie, the fridge is heavily scorched while still in perfect working order.

"Guess I better go buy some milk"

He checks the front step, only OJ and milkshakes have been delivered.

"I hate shakes"

Indy leaves the house in his pyjamas, slippers and fedora, clutching his whip.

He thrashes the whip, and it stiffens into a cane and hobbles off down the road.

TITLE:

Indiana Jones And The Onset of Parkinsons.

The rest of the movie is basically Mutt trying to find him, in a race against time, because its cold out, and he hasn't took his meds, intercut with scenes of Indy looking lost and confused and wandering round getting into scrapes.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 am

Indiana Jones and Those Damned Kids On His Lawn
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby minstrel on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Indiana Jones and the Quest For His Reading Glasses

Indiana Jones and the Quest For His Remote Control

Indiana Jones and His Denture Adhesive

Indiana Jones Goes To Bed Early

Indiana Jones Takes Up Cribbage

Whatever it turns out to be, my guess is that it'll be boring.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Maybe Indy will drag race in 1960's SoCal.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeesh, I was only down with 4 because they promised me that would be the last one! I really hope this isn't an attempt to hand the franchise reins over to Shia LaBeouf in the next sequel, Mutt Williams and the Spinoff Whose Cultural Relevance Expired 20 Years Ago. I like LaBeouf, I like Spielberg, I even kind of like Lucas, but I would much rather see them doing something (anything) else than blowing another 8 years on this.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:59 pm

If the movie happens, it'll start shooting within the next 2 - 3 years. Beyond that point, Indy isn't going to be doing much of anything. Harrison Ford turns 70 in just another 3 years.

Honestly, I'll be very surprised if it happens.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 pm

RogueScribner wrote:If the movie happens, it'll start shooting within the next 2 - 3 years. Beyond that point, Indy isn't going to be doing much of anything. Harrison Ford turns 70 in just another 3 years.

Honestly, I'll be very surprised if it happens.

Yeah, if anything, it seems like it'll be a light-hearted side project for those involved. Spielberg is doing Tintin and still set for Lincoln. Lucas is finally making his Tuskadee Raiders film.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Do we know for a fact that Spielberg is making that Lincoln movie next year, though? I mean he's usually attached to several projects at once, some of which never materialize or which he hands off to different directors.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Ribbons wrote:Do we know for a fact that Spielberg is making that Lincoln movie next year, though? I mean he's usually attached to several projects at once, some of which never materialize or which he hands off to different directors.

I think he's pretty tightly tied to the film, I would be surprised if he handed it off. The road to getting this made hasn't been easy (lots of issues with Dreamworks and Paramount as I recall) so I would be shocked if he went through that much trouble and then didn't direct. I think it's a labor of love for him.

As for timing, it's tough to say. Everything I've read seems to assume that this will be next up after Tintin. IMDB has Lincoln listed as being in preproduction, for whatever that's worth.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 pm

After the disastrous and far too light an offering that was the last movie, they just need to do something new and very cutting for this new movie if they want it to be anything special, let alone worthwhile. Something that is so unexpected and shocking that it leaves the audience left in an expression of shock. BUT - according to sources, a premise entitled, Indiana Jones and the Seventh Seal or Indiana Jones and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, is a script treatment that is being considered for the 5th - and FINAL movie. Here is the premise....

'Indy, Mutt and Marion fight an antichrist Cult from raising the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and destroying mankind.

Indy is sent to retrieve the Seventh Seal, but is beaten there by an Evil Cult leader. Thus, with the Seal being opened by the villain, it leads to the Horsemen rising – them being fooled that the Cult Leader is Jesus (a spin on Revelations) - war and destruction begin. Indy dies, is resurrected by spiritual powers and Mutt, who consequently dies from his self-sacrifice. Indy and Marion battle through war, earthquakes, Horsemen and the Cult, rescues the innocent and in a showdown - relying on his belief in God – confronts the Cult Leader, convincing the Horsemen he serves the Devil, destroying him and ending Armageddon. Indiana retires with Marion.'

That is the script treatment that apparently has been going around the offices of Paramount. I've been speaking with Insiders on Gulliver's Travels who I work with right now, who either do contract work for Paramount of have connections in Paramount who have leaked this treatment out. It's been doing the rounds a lot in the studios so they say, and they state that it is the top treatment that is being considered and indeed, approved, for the Indy 5 film. Spielberg wants it to be more dark, gritty and intense this time round, not some merry go round fair ride like before, and this Apocalypse treatment is apparently right up his street for what he is requiring.

Personally I think it is pretty hair raising stuff and really want to see it. Whoever wrote this must be a unique writer. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:17 pm

I'd be on board for that. Sounds fun.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Snow Apple on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Kirk you're terarded, but I love your mind.

If this movie gets made you're all going to see it right? How else can you talk shit about it. You pay your money and bitch and all will be right with the world. I'd be excited about it even if my future husband wasn't in it.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 pm

Well again, according to the people at Paramount, your future husband is only in it up to the half way point where he gets killed off. (Word is it in Paramount office in Pinewood that Shia doesn't want to be a sequel franchise hound and also The Further Adventures of Mutt is not something Spielberg wants to embrace at this point in his life and career.)

When, tragedy - strikes me, on such a lover being taken away from me and I feel the whole world is a big monster about to eat me up in it's bowels of loneliness, I play this song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScKrjYzMoE&NR=1

Maybe you should too, knowing that after the mid point in the movie, Shia will be taken from you too. But it's OK. It's OK. It's gonna be OK.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Snow Apple on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Fine Mutt can die, as long as he's in the first half and all that other stuff really happens. Kirk, I can't believe you posted that song, are you trying to make me cry? How does a guy even know about that song? I thought it was just for girlie Disney nerds like me.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 pm

The Girly Disney Nerdishness is what Spielberg wants to get away from with the new movie. I was talking to an 2nd Assistant Director that I worked with on Tomorrow Never Dies who is on contract to Paramount in Pinewood, and he quoted a lot that the 'dirtiness' of the first picture was what Spielberg was trying to get back to. Only here, it seems that he's upping the terror of that movie's ending a lot for this new pic overall maybe?

It's a lovely song, is it not? Even I have my not so manly side. Actually I don't. I'm just giving away all that yucky stuff that I get given, away to people for free.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Youuuuu bastard...

Now I'm gonna be tear stained like a fuckin' poodle.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Snow Apple on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:40 am

I'm just giving away all that yucky stuff that I get given, away to people for free.

I am sleepy so had a hard time understanding the rest of your post, but that made me laugh. Other than being funny I think you were saying that you are really in the know and I should believe you when it comes to behind the scenes knowledge because you are friends with PAs.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Random Movie News

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 pm

I'll jump in and say this - what the feck is Beaks on about?

I also hope Spielberg's positive experience with performance capture on TINTIN means we'll get our first Indiana Jones movie without a single practical location. This would be like a dream come true. Also, since the story will most likely be set in the early 1960s, I think I speak for Indy fans everywhere when I utter these two words: Profumo scandal.

Point A: Is the marriage of Lucas, with another film devoid of any actual location, really a good thing? I must be getting old - give me a real location anyday - especially if you're setting your story 50 years in the past. No squeaky clean CGI is going to recreate that, in any real sense.

Point B: We go from discovering the Ark of the Covenant and hearing God's Word, to becoming embroiled in the wet dick of a British politician of ultimately no consequence? Wow - I do hope cinemas refurb the edge of their seats with some kind of rubber handle or something, cos, you know, I'd be wanting to grip it and everything...

*bemoans lack of snoring emoticon*
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 pm

I think his bout of sarcasm has gone over some people's heads.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Quite possibly....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:53 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I think his bout of sarcasm has gone over some people's heads.

Beaks was being sarcastic?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Over people's heads? Shakes head. I totally was with Beaks' sarcasm and completely got it.

As for Indy 5, I'm still waiting for Spielberg to finally come out and say on record what he REALLY thought of the last turd. I've always admired Spielberg for being so honest about a film he made where about 2 years later in an interview he admits if he thought it was shit or not or what went wrong or right with it.

Give me some closure that you think the last film needs redeeming by a lightyear stretch and I'll let you make another one maybe. If not, this Indy 5 news just exhausts me more than the 4th one did.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:I think his bout of sarcasm has gone over some people's heads.

Yeah. His excitement at the prospect of Lucas being the sole screenwriter was a big clue. That, and his hope that there will be even more cgi and no practical locations? Come on. Of course he's being sarcastic.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:35 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:As for Indy 5, I'm still waiting for Spielberg to finally come out and say on record what he REALLY thought of the last turd. I've always admired Spielberg for being so honest about a film he made where about 2 years later in an interview he admits if he thought it was shit or not or what went wrong or right with it.

And just what do you think he'd say went wrong with it?

I am so excited for a 5th movie. I never got the hate for the last one. So it was different in that the aliens weren't as cool as the other movies, but in whole it was so fun and so Indiana Jones! I just can't be harsh about it. The only bad thing I can say is as a Shia fan his hairsprayed hair that was supposed to be greaser hair was really distracting and stupid.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 am

Snow Apple wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:As for Indy 5, I'm still waiting for Spielberg to finally come out and say on record what he REALLY thought of the last turd. I've always admired Spielberg for being so honest about a film he made where about 2 years later in an interview he admits if he thought it was shit or not or what went wrong or right with it.

The list is endless, my dear. But I'm not here to rant on that. Personally I look forward to the new one being more real and dark and seeing Shia actually get killed as is reported already.

I wonder though, if Harrison Ford would still be so enthusiastic let alone say YES to the idea rather than NO if his career weren't in a swirling abyss right now.

Crossing Over? Never heard of that movie!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Snow Apple wrote:

The list is endless, my dear.

yes, that pit is far too dark and bottomless to ever go down again.
Such a waste of the franchise.

Everyone is in agreement here - it was pants. Dire. Awful. and just plain shit.

papalazeru

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 am

papalazeru wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Snow Apple wrote:

The list is endless, my dear.

yes, that pit is far too dark and bottomless to ever go down again.
Such a waste of the franchise.

Everyone is in agreement here - it was pants. Dire. Awful. and just plain shit.

And for them to make another one like this is an even bigger kick in the gentleman to all us Indy Spielberg loyalists. (Lucas can go fuck. After the last Indy movie, he has no friends left.)

It's like they're some evil bullies in the school just beating up on someone, then gleefully laugh again and say 'let's give him some more!'. Then they piss on the bulliee's corpse.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Doc Holliday on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 pm

RogueScribner wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

Yeah. His excitement at the prospect of Lucas being the sole screenwriter was a big clue. That, and his hope that there will be even more cgi and no practical locations? Come on. Of course he's being sarcastic.

RS - Fried Gold has just done you, in exactly the way Beaks did me. Except Fried is always sarcastic, so you should have known better...

(and balance is restored to the Force)

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

RS - Fried Gold has just done you, in exactly the way Beaks did me. Except Fried is always sarcastic, so you should have known better...

(and balance is restored to the Force)

Balance restored to the Force? What's that supposed to mean? Doc, you're supposed to dislike the last Indy movie, so why on earth are you referencing SW which you either like or dislike too, as in some support to the new Indy movie/previous Indy movie and also in some positivity to George Lucas? I don't get your logic. Really.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby VegasRon on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 pm

papalazeru wrote:Everyone is in agreement here - it was pants. Dire. Awful. and just plain shit.

/nods
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Sometimes the passion you guys show for things makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Kirk I got all excited you called me dear. Call me other names, they can be mean, just do it again.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

is Henry Jones back?

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:35 am

From IOL:
Connery set for 'Indiana Jones' return

Studio bosses are reportedly hoping that Sean Connery will return to the Indiana Jones franchise for the next film.

source:
DigitalSpy
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Snow Apple on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:42 am

I got all excited then as my thoughts progressed I realized oh shit the next film could take place before the last one. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gave us Mutt let us keep him. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully he'll just be in flashbacks if he agrees to come out of retirement. Then again The Last Crusade is my favorite. I'd give up Shia cuteness for more of that.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:54 pm

i don't see anything in that article that says connery will actually be back. saying they WANT him back or HOPE he will be back is hardly news. connery actually agreeing to come back would be news.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News