Indy V: No.

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:40 am

Haha! The opportunity of a cinematic drink, do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya? Cos I haven't rinsed out the stink of piss from the last one. The franchise is dead. surely? I mean, who buys a guy with a bullwhip ? Except 80's hollywood hookers. Its over. You tried bravo. Leave the corpse alone. Unless of course it takes places entirely in space...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 am

george lucas has an indy idea that is "crazy but great". oh great. well, i believe the crazy part...

i think they should do one where indy dies, and they have his head cryogenically frozen. then, 80 years later, runt or whatever his son's name is (now played by harrison ford, because runt is now indy's age, and it's a good way to get shia out of the series) has indy's head un-frozen because they need to find some artifact and indy is the only one who knows where it is. then we can have lots and lots of scenes of harrison ford running through the cities and jungles with another detached harrison ford head in a backpack shouting directions at him. that would be an awesome movie. well, maybe not, but probably better than whatever new idea lucas has come up with.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Most convincing bit of acting I've seen Ford do. Actually no, I still don't believe him and think he's just saying this shit so he can get another hit movie whilst he's still asleep.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

TheBaxter wrote:then we can have lots and lots of scenes of harrison ford running through the cities and jungles with another detached harrison ford head in a backpack shouting directions at him.

HAHAHAHA. I'm sold, let's get this movie made!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:then we can have lots and lots of scenes of harrison ford running through the cities and jungles with another detached harrison ford head in a backpack shouting directions at him.

Have you people learned nothing from the AVATAR thread?

BROAD STROKES PEOPLE! No way this movie brings in the green...

...unless you film it in 3D. Then you fuckers can make whatever movie you want so long as, at some point in the film, the head is thrown TOWARDS the audience. Preferably in slow motion. That shit will look SICK in 3D.
Last edited by Leckomaniac on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Snow Apple on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

You guys are recockulous.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

...unless you film it in 3D. Then you fuckers can make whatever movie you want so long as, at some point in the film, the head is thrown TOWARDS the audience. Preferably in slow motion. That shit will look SICK in 3D.

that's the OLD 3D you're thinking about, where they threw stuff at the screen. this film will have the new, immersive 3D... which means, lots of POV shots from the perspective of indy's severed head of the inside of the backpack while it bounces around. then you'll know what it really feels like to be a cryogenically unfrozen severed head in a backpack!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm

The last one took place in the 50s, right? So maybe this one will take place in the 60s, and it will be about the space race, so we really can get Indy in Space. I'd be up for that.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:17 pm

I hear in the next one Indy will take up drag racing in Modesto to keep his adrenaline fix. It's like being an adventurer, but sitting down!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Re: Indy V:

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:27 am

RogueScribner wrote:I hear in the next one Indy will take up drag racing in Modesto to keep his adrenaline fix. It's like being an adventurer, but sitting down!

Maybe he'll race Bob Falfa :wink:

TheBaxter wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

that's the OLD 3D you're thinking about, where they threw stuff at the screen. this film will have the new, immersive 3D... which means, lots of POV shots from the perspective of indy's severed head of the inside of the backpack while it bounces around. then you'll know what it really feels like to be a cryogenically unfrozen severed head in a backpack!

Can we cut off Shia's head too?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Snow Apple on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:57 am

No cutting Shia! How happy are the Shia fans after reading that interview. He's totally going to be in the next one and it's totally going to be focused on him and Daddy Jones, because no matter what the rest of the story is it only makes sense to have it the way Harrison wants it.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby TheButcher on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby MacCready on Sun May 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Okay, the kid just gained several points on my respect meter. Nicely done, Shia.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Fievel on Sun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm

MacCready wrote:Okay, the kid just gained several points on my respect meter. Nicely done, Shia.

Yeah, same here.
Of course he's being ripped to shreds in the Talkbacks.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

So Shia la peer pressure tries to become popular with the internet nerds by just repeating their silly opinion? Wow, dude, you you just lost the little bit of respect that I had for you.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 17, 2010 8:57 am

Shia's character was ill-conceived from the start, and it still wasn't the biggest problem with that film. the primary blame lies elsewhere.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon May 17, 2010 10:57 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:So Shia la peer pressure tries to become popular with the internet nerds by just repeating their silly opinion? Wow, dude, you you just lost the little bit of respect that I had for you.

Why would you assume he made those comments based on "internet nerds"? Maybe he watched the movie he made, and realized it sucked ass. And decided to speak up about it. It amazes me that when an actor speaks his/her mind, they can still get blasted for their candor (I am presuming that he was being honest...which anyone who watched IJ4 or Transformers 2 would have to agree with).

Give The Beeff a break will ya?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 pm

so sorry wrote:Why would you assume he made those comments based on "internet nerds"?

Because internet nerds hate him, so what would make him more popular than repeating their silly and completely wrong opinion* on Indy? And judging by the reaction of the typical internet nerd outlets, his plan worked at least a little.

*I never thought there would be something like wrong opinion in terms of movie watching, until the interned nerds started to wrongfully accused Indy 4 of being bad! Let me link to Vern's review again, because it says what think, only funnier and more thoughtful than I could ever say it.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Mon May 17, 2010 12:30 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:
so sorry wrote:Why would you assume he made those comments based on "internet nerds"?

Because internet nerds hate him, so what would make him more popular than repeating their silly and completely wrong opinion* on Indy? And judging by the reaction of the typical internet nerd outlets, his plan worked at least a little.

Worst conspiracy theory of the year, so far.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 17, 2010 12:37 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:

*I never thought there would be something like wrong opinion in terms of movie watching, until the interned nerds started to wrongfully accused Indy 4 of being bad! Let me link to Vern's review again, because it says what think, only funnier and more thoughtful than I could ever say it.

wait. what? you actually think indy iv is good? i mean, i dont hate the movie as much as most people do, i actually enjoyed the first half of it quite a bit, but i have a hard time understanding how anyone could possibly consider it a "good" movie. and before you say anyone else's opinion of a movie is wrong, you might want to consider that when you're in such an extreme minority of opinion, that it's YOUR opinion that is in the wrong in this case.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 pm

TheBaxter wrote:you might want to consider that when you're in such an extreme minority of opinion, that it's YOUR opinion that is in the wrong in this case.

I would, if I would know anybody in the real world (=outside of the internet) who hates the movie too. Seriously, all the people I know who DON'T spend any time on nerd movie websites and therefor have never heard of "Nuke the fridge" (The phrase. Of course they saw the movie and know the scene) and stuff like that really like the movie. But as soon as I talk to frequent nerd website users, they hate it. So to me it's more like repeating another stupid internet meme, than stating a real opinion about the movie.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 17, 2010 12:44 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:you might want to consider that when you're in such an extreme minority of opinion, that it's YOUR opinion that is in the wrong in this case.

I would, if I would know anybody in the real world (=outside of the internet) who hates the movie too. Seriously, all the people I know who DON'T spend any time on nerd movie websites and therefor have never heard of "Nuke the fridge" (The phrase. Of course they saw the movie and know the scene) and stuff like that really like the movie. But as soon as I talk to frequent nerd website users, they hate it. So to me it's more like repeating another stupid internet meme, than stating a real opinion about the movie.

you must know some, umm, interesting people. everyone in real life i've talked to about the film had lukewarm feelings toward it at best. not the kind of fanboy hate you see on websites, but that's pretty much true of everything, where the internet response (whether it's love or hate) is far exaggerated beyond the norm. but for the most part, everyone i know who saw it thought it was disappointing or, at best, "just ok"

EDIT: wait. i just realized your in germany. maybe it's a german thing then... like david hasselhoff.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm not gonna go so far as to say people are wrong for hating Indy, but I had also quite enjoyed it. I'd even rewatched the first three movies around that time and after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I'd thought it was *about* on par with the previous sequels. It was certainly entertaining to me in the theatre, and I'd finally given it a positive review. If the people who enjoyed it are a minority, are we that big of a minority? I mean it DID score pretty decently on Rotten Tomatoes.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TonyWilson on Mon May 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Yeh everyone I know from my parents to my mates who aren't movie buffs at all to work colleagues hated it, it's a terrible film.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm

TheBaxter wrote:EDIT: wait. i just realized your in germany. maybe it's a german thing then... like david hasselhoff.

No, the Hasselhoff love in Germany only applies to people who grew up in the 80's. So Hasselhoff is to us what G.I.Joe and Transformers (cartoons) is for Americans. (Horrible, unless you have the right amount of nostalgia.)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby so sorry on Mon May 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Well regardless of what our "real life" compatriots think of IJ4, the notion that Shia is trying to placate what you perceive as internet nerd rage seems really, really far fetched.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon May 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Keep in mind that he also has a movie to promote that doesn't appeal to the hip, young moviegoer crowd (Wall Street 2), so of course he has to do something to get the catch the interest of the nerds on that subject.
Far fetched? Not in the world of internet marketing.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby RogueScribner on Mon May 17, 2010 9:29 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:

Indy 4 wasn't an awful movie. But it wasn't good either. There was nothing thrilling or romantic about it. I thought Last Crusade would forever be the series' low point. How wrong I was. For every bit of good old Indy they gave us in the movie, there was another bit of stupid humor or dumb callbacks to the previous films. Marion wasn't even herself. She was Karen Allen, glad to be working again. The movie was such a misfire it isn't even funny.

Indy 4 was worse than awful. It was completely bland.

At least we can laugh at awful.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Mon May 17, 2010 11:10 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Marion wasn't even herself. She was Karen Allen, glad to be working again. The movie was such a misfire it isn't even funny.

Indy 4 was worse than awful. It was completely bland.

At least we can laugh at awful.

I liked Last Crusade a lot more than Temple of Doom, so I can't agree with your whole post, but you really nailed it for me with this stuff at the end. Marion almost appeared to be on drugs she was so goofy and happy throughout the film. Gone was the whip-smart hard-nosed girl from Raiders. Just because she's older doesn't mean she has to be a complete moron. Her appearance (even though it was known well in advance) immediately went from "Marion! Awesome!" to "Lucaaaaaaaasssss!" (complete with fist shaking).

But your last three lines summed it all up for me. A sad, sad, truth.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RogueScribner on Tue May 18, 2010 4:53 am

Well, I think we've established that there are people who love ToD, there are those who love TLC, and there are those who think the former two are just nuts. :-P
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby magicmonkey on Tue May 18, 2010 5:57 am

Fievel wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Marion wasn't even herself. She was Karen Allen, glad to be working again.

Marion almost appeared to be on drugs she was so goofy and happy throughout the film.

Hilarious.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby magicmonkey on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

The main site has it... Gotta say the idea of no CGI tickles my scrotum in ways unimaginable, although I place about as much weight in that as I do Lucas' "smaller, personal" flicks, of which I imagined them to be the greatest arthouse noodlings this side of the 70's and that he'd be tossing them out once a week in recompense for his mainstream cinematic sins.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

The use of The Bermuda Triangle seems like a no-brainer, and something that should have been used before the Crystal Skulls.
That and the no-CGI usage piques my curiosity.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Indiana Jones and the Bermuda Triangle

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 am

I hope the cgi rumor is true.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 am

From Latino Review:
El Guapo wrote:I knew this article was bogus and producer Frank Marshall proves it. He just tweeted this:

The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase...
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Snow Apple on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 am

It's false? Ya well borrow that Bermuda Triangle story whydontcha.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:38 am

Wait, am I supposed to pretend to be shocked that was a false report on the internet?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:47 am

Snow Apple wrote:It's false? Ya well borrow that Bermuda Triangle story whydontcha.

I'll second that.

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Wait, am I supposed to pretend to be shocked that was a false report on the internet?

I thought that being on the internet automatically made it true...?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:00 am

Fievel wrote:
Snow Apple wrote:It's false? Ya well borrow that Bermuda Triangle story whydontcha.

I'll second that.

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Wait, am I supposed to pretend to be shocked that was a false report on the internet?

I thought that being on the internet automatically made it true...?

Good, then it's agreed. We keep the title of this thread. It's still a big NO.

The no CGI part sounded too good to be true. I tip my hat to the person who came up with the rumour though. Good one.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Hermanator X wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Loucas George is a producer on the pic,

I cant wait till he teams up with Senor Spielbergo to make Indiano Homes.

:lol:

From MTV: Harrison Ford Says 'Indiana Jones 5' Is 'On George Lucas's Plate'
From Blastr: Harrison Ford says George Lucas is working on new Indiana movie
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 pm

The thread title should be Indy V: Noh. The entire movie should be done in traditional Japanese Noh theater, no? Thus spake Wolfpack.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:22 pm

If he makes it, George's head will be on every geeks plate.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: INDY R.I.P.

Postby TheButcher on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Indiana Jones Must Die!

COLLIDER RUMOR:

Harrison Ford Wants to Kill Off Indiana Jones
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby The Vicar on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Why the hell should Indy end up dead? Screw Ford....that's crap. Indy does not deserve to die. He can pass on his whip without that.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 am

everyone ends up dead. so will indy... unless he goes back to fetch the holy grail or something. or finds the fountain of youth. i guess the question is whether you want to see him die on film or not. if it was done well (which it probably wouldn't be) then i'd be fine with it. though it would kill my dream of seeing indy in the nursing home with elvis and black JFK fighting off some zombies in Bubba Indiana Jones.

still, any idea that ends with shia labuff taking over the reins of this franchise is a very very very bad idea. if and when indy dies, the franchise dies with him.

it's no surprise ford wants to kill off indy though. the guy's had it out for han solo since TESB. he seems to always want to kill off his iconic roles. guess the guy just really really wants a death scene.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:15 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:25 am

EMPIRE EXCLUSIVE:

Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? - Will there be more Jones / T-Rexes?

Helen O'Hara wrote:This month's issue of Empire magazine (the December issue, fact fans, featuring Mission: Impossible on the cover) contains part two of our Steven Spielberg special, following last month's in-depth look at The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn. This time, we largely focused on War Horse, but we did find time to ask about the much-rumoured Jurassic Park IV and Indiana Jones V.

On his dinosaur series, the signs are good. "The screenplay is being written right now by Mark Protosevich. I'm hoping that will come out in the next couple of years. We have a good story. We have a better story for four than we had for three..."

Since the third instalment wasn't that shabby as story goes, that's got to be a good thing, right? But what of Indiana Jones? We asked Spielberg about his reaction to the critiques of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as well as his future plans for the archaeologist. Where do things stand right now?

"You have to ask George Lucas. George is in charge of breaking the stories. He's done it on all four movies. Whether I like the stories or not, George has broken all the stories. He is working on Indy V. We haven't gone to screenplay yet, but he's working on the story. I'll leave it to George to come up with a good story."

And Crystal Skull? "I'm very happy with the movie. I always have been... I sympathise with people who didn't like the MacGuffin because I never liked the MacGuffin. George and I had big arguments about the MacGuffin. I didn't want these things to be either aliens or inter-dimensional beings. But I am loyal to my best friend. When he writes a story he believes in - even if I don't believe in it - I'm going to shoot the movie the way George envisaged it. I'll add my own touches, I'll bring my own cast in, I'll shoot the way I want to shoot it, but I will always defer to George as the storyteller of the Indy series. I will never fight him on that."

And on the specifics of the criticisms, Spielberg takes some of them as a badge of pride. "The gopher was good. I have the stand-in one at home. What people really jumped at was Indy climbing into a refrigerator and getting blown into the sky by an atom-bomb blast. Blame me. Don't blame George. That was my silly idea. People stopped saying "jump the shark". They now say, "nuked the fridge". I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture."

The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn is out now, and War Horse will follow on January 13 in the UK. Pick up the new Empire for the full story from Spielberg on the making of that war opus.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:44 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News