Indy V: No.

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Indy V: No.

Postby minstrel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:58 pm

So, Spielberg is proud of "nuking the fridge." It was his idea. Wonderful. I wonder what he's going to do to top in in Indy V?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 am

minstrel wrote:So, Spielberg is proud of "nuking the fridge." It was his idea. Wonderful. I wonder what he's going to do to top in in Indy V?

microwave the dishwasher?

i don't know why there's a "debate" over what genre the next film would be. if it's anything other than "action/adventure with a supernatural macguffin" then what's the point of it being an indiana jones film at all?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby The Vicar on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:52 am

The next Indy will be Indiana Jones & the Foreskin of Christ, which was last spotted in Numidia curing gallstones. Apparently the Chinese somehow learned about it and Mao was convinced if he possessed the dread Foreskin that he would be a sexual T-Rex.
They're looking at this as a hard R-rating.......
Indy should consider rubber gloves for this one.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 pm

i wouldn't mind seeing Indiana Jones and the Image of Jesus on a Slice of Burned Toast that Cures Headaches When You Hold It Against Your Forehead.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:40 am

Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4 Billion; STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 Will Kick Off New Trilogy in 2015 [Updated]
Adam Chitwood wrote:The studio’s concentration is on the Star Wars franchise, so as of now there are no plans to toy with Indiana Jones. The reason being that those films are tied up in some legal shambles with Paramount, who distributed the films. Indiana Jones was not part of the valuation of Lucasfilm when Disney was eyeing the acquisition.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

From Blue Sky Disney:
The Next Holy Grail...

Honor Hunter wrote:Now that the Mouse has finally done what I've been crusading for, it's time to get off that soapbox...

And get on another one. The fact that we're going to have more Star Wars films is great news. For fans, and for the series itself. But since Lucasfilm owns Indiana Jones I wish to now get Disney to make more adventures of the Man in the Hat.

No, I'm not talking about a new film. I'm talking about that animated series that Paul Dini wants to make. And yes, I know, I've mentioned it before. But now that Disney owns Luke and Leia, it's time to move on to a new obsession.

It's not just me, artist Patrick Schoenmaker, he's the one that did the incredible art that I used for this post has been animating a short to show Lucasfilm that it should go ahead with an animated series. He's doing it on his own dime and his own time. Now if he can just get together with Dini, go in and pitch it to Kathleen Kennedy as a great thing for Disney XD or ABC Saturday morning then I'll be a very happy man.

Hey, how many people six months ago were getting tired of me talking about the virtues of Disney owning Lucasfilm because it was never going to happen? Exactly. I'd even settle for a CG series if they did it using these type of models, but I'd prefer good ole' fashioned hand drawn. Imagine each week turning in to see Henry Jones Jr. on another adventure, trying to escape the clutches of death and watching each week as he cheats death, and searches for fortune and glory. Maybe that's the way we get Iger, Horn and Kennedy to sign off on it?

Fortune and glory...

Animated Jones And The Quest For Dini...
Honor Hunter wrote:This isn't a rumor, it's a dream...

I grew up on Batman, I as a teen I was in love and amazed by Batman: The Animated Series" and Paul Dini and Bruce Timm are some of the most under appreciated talents in Hollywood if you ask me. My friends and I have had long discussions about what should become of Batman once Nolan no longer helms the features(perish the thought!). My idea has to go with a live action take with Dini and Timm that stays dark but doesn't stick to the reality based version starring Christian Bale. I believe any film like that will be compared, unfairly or not, to the current films and will always be a disappointment. So go the opposite way I say...

Anyway, if you remember my post "What Becomes Of Junior," you'll remember I said that they should do an animated series with the famous Archaeologist based on the Republic Serials/Max Fleischer style. Well, it appears I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's also an idea of Dini's and he happens to be working for Lucas right now on Clone Wars. He did an interview with The Force.Net and says as much in the latter part of the interview. My hope is that since he's much closer to Mr. Yoda than me he'll bend his ear and get this project going. It sounds like something out of my most personal, wildest fantasies. Kind of like what "Raiders" was for me. Please George, if you're listening... DO THIS. DO this! For the sake of the fans...

Please.

Hat Tip to The Raider.Net.

* The artwork used here is by Patrick Schoenmaker, I believe. *

From io9:
What if Indiana Jones continued his adventures in an animated series?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:42 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:05 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Disney Takes Control of 'Indiana Jones' Franchise
Disney and Paramount have reached an agreement for the future of the Indiana Jones franchise, giving Disney control over all future films.
Disney and Paramount have reached an agreement for the future of the Indiana Jones franchise, giving Disney control over all future films.

Paramount retains rights to the first four films and "will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released," says the statement from the studios.

The Walt Disney Co. completed its acquisition of Lucasfilm, the moviemaking company founded by George Lucas, in December 2012 for a cash payment of $2.21 billion and just under 37.1 million Disney shares.

The first four adventure films in the Harrison Ford-starring franchise -- 1981 Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -- were all directed by Steven Spielberg and distributed by Paramount.

More to come...
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Indiana Jones and the Reboot?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Disney whips up a deal to purchase Indiana Jones from Paramount
So does this make Harrison Ford the new Mickey Mouse?
Moriarty wrote:That's correct: reboot. And while I have reached the point where I feel like I should set up a way to just insert the word "reboot" into a news story with a single keystroke to save myself some time, I don't immediately hate the prospect. Some properties are simply more elastic than others, and Indiana Jones is a character who could support a series of films that show us brand new adventures from his long and dangerous career.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Indiana Jones and the Reboot?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Franchise (Analysis)
Graeme McMillan wrote:Whereas the idea of a Star Wars offers a chance to redeem the franchise after the lackluster prequels -- the prequels having already set the idea of legacy characters and, more importantly, new characters and situations in place, allowing for a turnover and sense of renewal -- imagining a new Indiana Jones movie at this point is basically imagining more of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, with the disappointments that brought in tow, because you can't de-age Ford. You can't just reset the clock and make a movie like the first three again, anymore, at least not with Indiana Jones as we know him now.

There's the reboot option, of course. I'd be surprised if that's not been considered by this point, if only for the prospect of allowing stories to be told with a young(ish) Indy and some Nazi bad guys again. Bring Nathan Fillion in as a new Indiana, with Stephen Fry as a replacement for Denholm Elliott's Marcus Brody, and start the whole thing over again. But even that seems "wrong," somehow -- a move too cynical for original movies' spirit, in some strange, inexplicable way. It spoils the purity of intent, if that's the correct term for a series of movies that were close to pastiche to begin with.

That there'll be some kind of new Indiana Jones movie before too long feels almost definite after today's news, despite the lack of anything close to an announcement of same. Hopefully, before such a project does get announced, Lucasfilm and Disney can work out how to make it happen in such a way that it seems like an exciting, good idea instead of another attempt to revive a fan-favorite franchise that, like so many of the artifacts that Indy has uncovered throughout the years, would be best left undisturbed.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:16 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

Make it 2 to three decades please.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:10 pm

so sorry wrote:

nah, i'll still be alive in 2 to 3 decades (i hope). 2 to 3 centuries is better.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:20 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:

nah, i'll still be alive in 2 to 3 decades (i hope). 2 to 3 centuries is better.

Shia will have kids, it'll be sooner than you think.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Indy V & VI

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:08 am

EXCLUSIVE: Source Update On STAR WARS EPISODE VII ! Casting, The Twins And TWO More Indys !!
Jim Dorey wrote:"Regarding Harrison Ford, two more Indiana Jones features are in the negotiation stages as per Ford's contract clause on Star Wars, which is the primary reason he didn't 'publicly' or 'privately' commit, or so I'm told."

- There you go guys - TWO more Indiana Jones movies being planned, not just one. I'll try to get more info on this asap.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Indiana Jones and the Hangover

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:34 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Indiana Jones and the Hangover

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:54 am

A) I'm perfectly OK with a different actor playing Indy

B) I'm perfectly happy if they never make another Indy movie again

C) I'm perfectly happy waiting in line to see the next Indy movie

D) My wife is perfectly happy with Bradley Cooper being in every single movie made from now until the end of eternity (including the remake of From Here to Eternity)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:07 am

I choose B

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:37 am

I'm fine with the idea of them making more Indy movies with a different actor in the lead role. However, I think the best time to make the transition was probably the 90s. Back then it could've been like James Bond where there was a momentum from a steady flow of films and the role could just pass from one actor to the next. These days it falls into "reboot" territory. Doing it now means that they not only have to work a new actor into the role, but also get people excited about the series again and update (or "re-imagine") it for modern sensibilities.

You're not just trying to replace Ford, that's probably the easier task, there's no shortage of handsome rugged charismatic leading man types in Hollywood. Replacing Spielberg with a director who's movies connect with today's audiences the way Spielberg's did in the 80s is really tricky part. So who's Indiana Jones film would I love to see? Kim Jee-woon. He's great at staging big stunts and action and bringing good personality to the mix (see THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE WEIRD for details). But this will never happen. They will want a guy who's pure Hollywood to helm this series. The best Hollywood guy I can think of in terms of selling wonder and staging big stunts is maybe Gore Verbinski, but most of his movies tend to become bloated and hammy. So who else? Mostly guys like Martin Campbell. He's pretty solid and would've been a great choice in the 90s. I don't really know if he has the vision to breathe fresh life into this character now, but if they hired him I would be cautiously optimistic, although not terribly excited.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:52 am

I think the only people who get hot and bothered by the concept of "rebooting" a movie property are film geeks and diehard fans. And lets be honest with ourselves (being film geeks and diehards), we don't necessarily tip any scales in favor of a film's ability to be produced. Shit, the last Star Trek flick made northwards of 200 million and had a gigantic opening weekend, and it was almost universally panned by film geeks and diehards (right?). SO...having to convince today's audience to go see an outdated film property (Indy) begins with a solid leading man. Not to harp on it, but this Bradley Cooper guy is fucking money in the bank right now. Get him on board for this property and expect huge numbers.

That said, the Indy franchise was built on the sweat and tears of Speilberg, so anything done without his involvement loses steam in my book. He made a major mistake with the last Indy film. I hope whoever makes the inevitable next one learns from that.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 am

what? no shia?

if they remake or reboot or re-whatever indiana jones with bradley cooper, then i think they should cast sean penn as Belloq and louis c.k. as short round
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:00 am

if they insist on rebooting then I nominate none other than.....alright, alright, alright...Mr Matthew Mcconaughey....think about it....remember Sahara? plus, with the roll he is on right now people would be open to him taking over for Ford

think about it :wink: :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am

One of the mods needs to set up a poll for new Indy.

My vote would be Hugh Jackman.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 pm

TheBaxter wrote:what? no shia?

I am not famous anymore :wink:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm

TheButcher wrote:

but you're still a tool

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:11 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Peven wrote:
TheButcher wrote:

but you're still a tool

a CGI tool, apparently.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby minstrel on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I'd watch an Indiana Jones movie written by, directed by, and starring Patton Oswalt.

At least it would be entertaining.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:35 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

TheButcher wrote:Indiana Jones Not Being Rebooted
....yet!
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Re: Indy V: No Frank Darabont

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:44 pm

AICN:
Mark Frank Darabont off the rumor mill list for INDIANA JONES...
"This is an internet rumor with not a shred of truth in it. I have not pitched an idea for a proposed Indiana Jones movie, nor has anybody approached me with such an idea. The inaccurate report on Latino Review was the first I'd heard of it."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Disney CEO Bob Iger Says More INDIANA JONES Movies Are On The Way
But not immediately.
Marc Graser wrote:
Disney's Bob Iger: "We'd love to make another Indiana Jones movie but we're pacing ourselves right now," launching Star Wars first.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Star Lord Jones?

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Lord Jones?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 pm

nothing against chris pratt, but i really have zero interest in a non-harrison ford version of indiana jones. i wish they could just retire the character.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:20 am

I'd be open to more films. I like all four of them to varying degrees, but to be honest I feel like they never quite realized the potential of the franchise. Maybe that's too much of a post-modern hang-up, to want to know why we're watching this archaeologist fly around the world, sometimes stealing priceless artifacts, sometimes trying to keep other people from stealing them, what makes history valuable, what makes it dangerous, etc. Why we should give a shit, basically. Maybe there doesn't have to be a why. I just always got that feeling that there was something more there that could be explored.

Not to say this couldn't also be a huge disaster. And just because Chris Pratt played Harrison Ford in Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't mean he needs to do it again.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:07 am

I love it. Pratt can do a better young Indiana Jones than Ford can play old Indy, no doubt about it. kids and young people today aren't attached to the old Indy movies and will be a fertile potential audience for their generation's incarnation of Indy played by someone even better suited to the role than Ford was when he first took it on. Crystal Skull was such a steaming pile that it didn't make any impression on kids so the franchise is ripe for a new lead. movies like Indiana Jones, just like Star Wars, weren't and aren't made for middle-aged people, so those still clinging to the old Indy can keep on clinging like middle-aged people clung to their 50's version of Superman when Donner made his the movie with a new guy in the suit. :( . 40-somethings weren't falling over themselves for Indian Jones when it first came out, either, but then they weren't the target demographic, these movies are made for the young.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Peven wrote:I love it. Pratt can do a better young Indiana Jones than Ford can play old Indy, no doubt about it. kids and young people today aren't attached to the old Indy movies and will be a fertile potential audience for their generation's incarnation of Indy played by someone even better suited to the role than Ford was when he first took it on. Crystal Skull was such a steaming pile that it didn't make any impression on kids so the franchise is ripe for a new lead. movies like Indiana Jones, just like Star Wars, weren't and aren't made for middle-aged people, so those still clinging to the old Indy can keep on clinging like middle-aged people clung to their 50's version of Superman when Donner made his the movie with a new guy in the suit. :( . 40-somethings weren't falling over themselves for Indian Jones when it first came out, either, but then they weren't the target demographic, these movies are made for the young.

hold on to your horses, i'm going to agree with Peven. I'm going to note right up front that Pratt is from Western Washington and is a huge Seahawks fan, so that may skew my perceptions even more than usual this week ;) But he sold me on his ability to front a movie with Guardians.

I tend to agree that kids aren't engaged with Indy like they are with Star Wars (through the Clone Wars, Rebels, toys, etc). The nature of Indy also makes it more ripe for reboot than Star Wars, as it's a series of standalone movies as opposed to a serial where each film is part of a larger story. This makes it less likely, IMO, for a bad film to "ruin" the franchise. I really didn't like Crystal Skull, but that in no way diminished my unabashed love for Raiders.

I can understand those just saying "retire the character" and I kinda feel the same way. But I don't think that's likely. There's still money to be made here. Assuming they make more Indy films, i'd prefer this approach to having Harrison playing Indy at this point.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:51 pm

i know it's unrealistic to hope a movie studio would leave a cash cow like the indy franchise behind and move on to new, original properties. but a guy can still dream.
i'll stash it in my wish bag along with all my other unrealistic hopes and dreams. it shouldn't ever get lonely sitting between "i wish they'd stop remaking great films" and "i wish they'd stop giving acting jobs to jai courtney".
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Chris Pratt is the "it" actor right now, perfect for this role.
I'm sure a year or so ago Tom Hardy's name was being pushed around for a young(er) Indy. Maybe Ryan Gosling. And maybe a year from now it'll be someone new...

Or maybe it'll just wind up being Benedict Cumberbatch.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:35 pm

so sorry wrote:I'm sure a year or so ago Tom Hardy's name was being pushed around for a young(er) Indy.

after Fury Road comes out you'll be bowing to the coolness that IS Tom Hardy :D don't you dare insinuate that his time is passed :twisted:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Just be glad it's not Shia LaBeouf
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 am

Peven wrote:
so sorry wrote:I'm sure a year or so ago Tom Hardy's name was being pushed around for a young(er) Indy.

after Fury Road comes out you'll be bowing to the coolness that IS Tom Hardy :D don't you dare insinuate that his time is passed :twisted:

There may not be someone on earth other than his mother that HOPES Fury Road is the best movie of the year, which will put Hardy back in the spotlight. But I'm not sure he's got the "lovable" rogue thing going for him.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:54 am

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:

There may not be someone on earth other than his mother that HOPES Fury Road is the best movie of the year, which will put Hardy back in the spotlight. But I'm not sure he's got the "lovable" rogue thing going for him.

agree. "lovable rogue" is not his thing, and I wouldn't put him in a role like Indy. he should be the next Connor MacLeod if they ever remake Highlander the right way, though.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:20 pm

I saw Ford recently in EXPENDABLES 3, the guy looked like a skeleton who would shatter in a strong breeze, and this was before Abrams broke his leg. I was actually taken aback by how much he'd aged since CRYSTAL SKULL, where I found him to have enough physical credibility in the stunts they had Indy doing in that movie. And again, let me point out: he actually managed to look old even amongst the cast of THE EXPENDABLES. There's pretty much no way he can play Indy again unless the next film takes place entirely at the university with him just teaching classes.

I think it's always the hardest for the second guy to play an iconic role; after that audiences get use to the recasting process and even get in on it. I'm sure everybody's got their Joker picked out for five Jokers from now. Pratt doesn't bother me. I think he's a sensible choice for the character. Like I said earlier, I think replacing Spielberg is harder than replacing Ford.

There's also the problem that, for most people, Indiana Jones isn't a great series, it's one great movie: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. I love TEMPLE OF DOOM, but most people don't seem to even like it at all. Then CRUSADE was prettymuch them trying to make RAIDERS again. With the James Bond series, fans can at least all agree that there are several really good entries and debate over which ones are better/the best. The Bond series found ways of recombining the same elements in ways that worked for the audience. But when making a new Indy movie, you're faced with the challenge of either remaking RAIDERS, or trying to succeed where the original series failed in giving Indy new types of adventures. It's tricky.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:There's pretty much no way he can play Indy again unless the next film takes place entirely at the university with him just teaching classes.

Indiana Jones and the Term Paper of Doom

i think you're onto something.,..
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:09 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:There's pretty much no way he can play Indy again unless the next film takes place entirely at the university with him just teaching classes.

if they wanted to truly pass the torch they would have Pratt be a jokey, smartass graduate student of Indy, they are out on a dig and Indy is killed within the first 30 minutes of the film, and in his dying moments Indy gives Pratt his hat and whip and says something like, " I'm not going to need these anymore...." :D :wink: leaving Pratt to continue the search for the mcguffin, because Indy would have wanted him to of course, and in a race with the new version of Beloche to find the mcguffin we get to see Pratt kill and joke his way to success while bagging some nice-looking piece of ass along the way....who is killed at the end of the movie, leaving our hero with a more sober view of the world, hardened, wiser, and more focused on archaeological finds than establishing a life with personal relationships. just an idea I formulated as I typed this 8-) :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Peven wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

if they wanted to truly pass the torch they would have Pratt be a jokey, smartass graduate student of Indy, they are out on a dig and Indy is killed within the first 30 minutes of the film, and in his dying moments Indy gives Pratt his hat and whip and says something like, " I'm not going to need these anymore...." :D :wink: leaving Pratt to continue the search for the mcguffin, because Indy would have wanted him to of course, and in a race with the new version of Beloche to find the mcguffin we get to see Pratt kill and joke his way to success while bagging some nice-looking piece of ass along the way....who is killed at the end of the movie, leaving our hero with a more sober view of the world, hardened, wiser, and more focused on archaeological finds than establishing a life with personal relationships. just an idea I formulated as I typed this 8-) :wink:

Tom Hardy as the new version of Beloche!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News