Lethal Weapon: 5ugar Tit5

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Lethal...? Or just mildly annoying with a slight sting...?

FUCK YEAH!!
37%
FUCK NO!!!
21%
THEY FUCK YOU AT THE DRIVE-THRU
37%
Whatever You need, Leo Getz...
No votes
We're getting too old for this shit...
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: Lethal Weapon: 5ugar Tit5

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 am

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:Fucking reboot time then. My pick:
Eric Bana as Riggs
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Murtaugh.

Fuck retirement, there both crazy.

I like that.

I love Chiewtel in anything he does.

I think Bana would be too old to play Riggs considering that Murtaugh is supposed to be older than Riggs but a good few years.
It's a difficult choice.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am

5 last posts of Previous page as you're all too lazy bastards to go back to read them...

TheButcher wrote:HEAT VISION EXCLUSIVE:
'Lethal Weapon,' 'Wild Bunch' Reboots Revived After Warner Bros. Exec Shuffle
Borys Kit wrote: Are you ready for a Lethal Weapon reboot? How about a remake of The Wild Bunch?

Those are some of the few high-profile titles now getting a new lease on life at Warner Bros. due to the year-end departure of longtime studio executive Jessica Goodman. During her 13-year tenure, the executive vp oversaw such projects as Watchmen, Training Day and the upcoming Green Lantern. Since her departure, the studio’s top brass has reassigned her portfolio among several other execs.

In the file were long-in-development remakes of The Dirty Dozen and Oh, God, as well as Tarzan -- titles that have been active in recent years but haven’t come together with the right talent to score the elusive green light. Also in the mix are a reboots of the Mel Gibson-Danny Glover franchise Lethal Weapon, as well as remakes of Westworld and The Wild Bunch.

The properties will now get fresh and hungry eyes -- and talent agents are already chatting up the potential projects and listing clients they can pitch for directing or writing gigs.

Will any of the library titles get fast-tracked? Here’s our take on the big questions the studio needs to consider:

* Lethal Weapon: What was considered an “event” movie in the late 1980s seems almost quaint in 2011 (no matter how awesome the first two movies are). The concept is essentially a police procedural featuring a mismatched pair of detectives. The chemistry between Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, coupled with Richard Donner’s direction and a sharp script from a young Shane Black, turned this into a franchise. But one wrong move and it could have been Tango and Cash or Cop-Out. The studio would need to make a risky bet on casting -- Jeremy Renner in the Gibson role? -- and recruit a hot action director to make this feel fresh. And even though the temptation might be to go big-budget (Warners likes to go big), perhaps a smaller, grittier Weapon might re-establish its credibility.

* Westworld: Here’s a remake that could actually benefit from a 21st Century dusting. MGM first produced this Michael Crichton-penned movie back in 1973 and Warners has been trying to remake it since the 1990s. Technology alone is almost reason enough to remake it. But what makes it appealingly remake-able is that Westworld’s story is based on a big idea: a robot attraction at a theme park that turns on its visitors. With Transformers making billions for Paramount and DreamWorks, Warners could use a big-idea robot movie to sell around the world.

* The Wild Bunch: How can the studio even consider remaking the Sam Peckinpah Western classic? Two words: True Grit. Many weren’t happy that the Coen Brothers were doing a new adaptation but the Western has turned into the duo’s biggest hit ($129 million at the boxoffice and counting) and has people talking Oscar nominations. But just as True Grit required the attention of top filmmakers with a distinct point of view, the same goes for a movie as seminal as Wild Bunch. Warners couldn’t hire a journeyman scribe for the project. They would need to lure an A-list filmmaker who really, really wants to do it. Danny Boyle hasn’t tacked a Western, has he? What would Aaron Sorkin dialogue sound like if delivered in cowboy hats?

Peven wrote:you know, that shit about saying WB should remake "Westworld" so they can have their own robot movie to counteract "Transformers" is the kind of creatively bankrupt market-based bullshit mentality that produces so much of the drivel that comes out of Hollywood...that author should be taken out and flogged for using it as a legit motivation :twisted:

TheButcher wrote:DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE:
Warner Bros Sets 'Gangster Squad' Scribe For 'Lethal Weapon' Franchise Reboot
MIKE FLEMING wrote:Warner Bros and producer Joel Silver have set Will Beall to write Lethal Weapon, with a take that will relaunch the buddy cop series with a new cast. Beall, a former LA police officer who patrolled South Central and wrote the novel L.A. Rex, has seen his stock rise at the studio because of his script Gangster Squad, the period crime drama about an elite crime squad that fought against organized crime kingpins like Mickey Cohen. Zombieland helmer Ruben Fleischer has come aboard to direct that film.

Warner Bros has been messing around for some time with Lethal Weapon 5, with a treatment written by original scribe Shane Black. The plan was to bring the original team back, but schedules didn't match up and Mel Gibson's image has taken a self-inflicted beating. Beall pitched a take that maintains the tone of the original--a hard R-rated edgy street cop movie.

SilentBobX wrote:I vote FUCK NO times infinity +1

Mahalo

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Slag off Lethal Weapon 5 (Shane Black, how could you? You hypocrit) and the remake as much as you want. But you all know you'll go and see it.

papalazeru wrote:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:Fucking reboot time then. My pick:
Eric Bana as Riggs
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Murtaugh.

Fuck retirement, there both crazy.

I like that.

I love Chiewtel in anything he does.

I think Bana would be too old to play Riggs considering that Murtaugh is supposed to be older than Riggs but a good few years.
It's a difficult choice.

Why are we even having this conversation?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 am

better yet: why are you even repeating this conversation?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 am

TheBaxter wrote:better yet: why are you even repeating this conversation?

Yes but Indy: Last Crusade is better than Indy: Temple of Doom.

papalazeru

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:08 am

Take away Sean Connery (like the kids even know who he IS!) and you end up with half a movie - the first one.

Time Out 1989
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:29 am

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Clarke Peters for Murtaugh

Tom Hardy for Riggs

papalazeru

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:50 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bloo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:51 am

Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:58 am

The link at the end of the article and the date of publication leads me to call shenanigans on that story.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:

The link at the end of the article and the date of publication leads me to call shenanigans on that story.

I hate April Fools Day!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm

TheButcher wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:

I hate April Fools Day!

Too bad, seemed like a good fucking idea.

I wish the making of another Iron Man was an April Fools joke as well.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

From Vulture:
What Is Warner Bros. Planning to Replace the Harry Potter Cash Cow?
Claude Brodesser-Akner wrote:
Finally, Warner Bros. is dusting off another Joel Silver–produced project, a long-moldering buddy-cop script that has been in development for years at the studio called Fully Automatic, which the studio hopes to use to revive the magic of its once-mighty Lethal Weapon franchise; we hear that Justin Timberlake just attached himself to star in the project.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Now that's the way to do it! Not an afterthought sequel, not a movie bogged down by the trappings of an official remake, just a movie with a similiar vibe. A LETHAL WEAPON-inspired movie. Good job Joel Silver. Thank you for this news Butcher, I will probably see this FULLY AUTOMATIC.

I'll also say that I like the way Justin Timerlake has been playing his acting career. Back when he was considered a sexy RnB star, everybody assumed he'd jump right into some big sexy hero lead role, but he did his time in supporting roles, frequently playing up that he's a skinny dorky looking guy. I liked him in BLACK SNAKE MOAN, ALPHA DOG and that bullshit FACEBOOK movie. I haven't seen YOGI BEAR or FUCKBUDDIES 2. Now I think he's ready to bring his sexy back.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 pm

TheButcher wrote:From Vulture:
What Is Warner Bros. Planning to Replace the Harry Potter Cash Cow?
Claude Brodesser-Akner wrote:
Finally, Warner Bros. is dusting off another Joel Silver–produced project, a long-moldering buddy-cop script that has been in development for years at the studio called Fully Automatic, which the studio hopes to use to revive the magic of its once-mighty Lethal Weapon franchise; we hear that Justin Timberlake just attached himself to star in the project.
\

Ohforfuxake no.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

LETHAL WEAPON is too old for this shit.

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Rumor: Chris Hemsworth Sought For 'Lethal Weapon' Reboot With Justin Lin Directing
Chris Hemsworth is the new Roger Murtaugh!?

Lethal Weapon - Roger Murtaugh is too old for this shit.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: LETHAL WEAPON is too old for this shit.

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 22, 2016 3:50 am

Shane Black Reveals His Plans for ‘Lethal Weapon 5’
“I wrote a 62-page treatment with my friend Chuck for “Lethal Weapon 5” that would’ve been, I think, a very good movie. It was interesting. It was essentially an older Riggs and Murtagh in New York City during the worst blizzard in east coast history, fighting a team of expert Blackwater guys from Afghanistan that’s smuggling antiquities. And we had a young character that actually counter-pointed them. But I didn’t wanna do what people do when they’re trying to transition which is, they sorta put the two older guys in the movie, but really it’s about their son! And he’s gonna take over and we’re gonna do a spinoff. Fuck that, if they’re gonna be in the movie, they’re gonna be in the movie — I don’t care how old they are.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 am

Lethal Weapon 5 Is “Inches Away” from the Go-ahead
Richard Donner is to return to direct Lethal Weapon 5, and he confirms a story is in place...
Richard Donner wrote:“It’s a story I came up with with Channing Gibson, the writer who wrote 4, and I’m just having to work it out with the studio. If everybody steps up and we all get together, we’ll make it. Mel [Gibson] and Danny [Glover] are on board," he said. "If they don’t… if it doesn’t work out, at least we tried. But there’s a good… a better chance that you’ll see the movie."

“I was thinking about it for a long time, but I never did anything about it. But then, just before the summer, I was honored by the Academy. And at the function, Mel and Danny were there, among others, to tell their stories about me. When I saw them on stage again, the two of them… and the audience loved them. A thousand people were there. Just loved everything they did. When it was all over and I was driving home with Lauren [Shuler Donner], I said y’know, I think it’s time. I think people want to see them, and it’s time to put them to bed. I started it then and I worked on it during the summer. Then Channing Gibson came into help, and he added 100 percent.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 am

This news is like a fucking week old.

Even for an annoying spambot like you, this is a real shit post.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 pm

fluffer-bot

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Previous

Return to Movie News