The Dark Tower (TV Show Time!)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

The Dark Tower (TV Show Time!)

Postby Fievel on Sun May 06, 2007 2:43 am

My DT dream cast... for tonight anways:

Roland - Josh Holloway (if they made it in 10 years), Viggo Mortenson could work but it seems a little cliche for him after Aragorn, Daniel Craig was mentioned - he's got the eyes for sure, but that's about it. And he's still a little young for Roland in the main part of the series as well. I'd question, but wouldn't instantly hate: Kurt Russell or.... and I'm serious.... Kevin Costner. Clint Eastwood was the inspiration for the part, but he's beyond the age now. Another "no, I'm serious" person.... this one has the natural "Clint Squint" down... Charlie Sheen (but again, about 10 years young for the part).
Wow. That was the most "out of the box" thinking for that role I've ever done.... and I'm sober.
EDIT: Okay, after thinking about it, Costner's voice trying to explain "Ka" would make me want to cut myself.

Eddie - Ryan Reynolds, but he's getting old for the part.
Susannah - I never thought of her before this thread, but I really like Kandyse McLure. I think she has the early Susannah down already. I'd like to see her toughen up.
Jake - will be unknown. Or else Emmanuel Lewis (hey he can't age over the movies too much!!).
Jonas - Sam Sheppard or Keith Carradine (his Wild Bill in Deadwood looked like Jonas to me)
Callahan - Donald Sutherland
Cort - Michael Ironside
Walter - Jamey Sheridan... hey, continuity!! More seriously - Gary Oldman
Shardik - Ron Jeremy... wait... no.
Rhea - Kathy Bates
Calvin Tower - Kevin Spacey or Frank Whaley

UBER-SPOILERS!!! Do NOT read if you haven't read ALL of the series!!!
Stephen King (1999) - Himself or J.J. Abrams
Ted Brautigan - Anthony Hopkins (despite the movie's removal of DT references)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Tue May 08, 2007 11:08 am

Nice! I would especially be looking forward to a movie with both Ron Jeremy and Emmanuel Lewis in it;-)

I like Keith Carradine as Jonas, and your Calvin Tower is brilliant as well - both Spacey and Whaley would fit that kinda-sympathetic-but-stubborn-egotistical-and-wea k man. And Donald Sutherland is good as Callahan. Or else Brendan Gleeson - he would fit an alcoholic priest really well.

I'm just not sure about Rhea... at some point she should really look like she's at death's door - and I think Kathy Bates is great - but would look way to healthy? I was thinking more a Helena Bonham-Carter made all ugly...

As for Roland... I've heard Josh Holloway before - but can't really warm to him. And yes - Kevin Costner but only if he doesn't open his mouth. What do you think about Guy Pearce?

Oh, and who for Susan?
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:19 am

The more I think about it, the more Josh Holloway fits into the role of Roland in my head. Guy Pearce would need to bulk up heaps, hes too weedy to do it right now.

Susan - Jessalyn Gilsig maybe (I can't remember seeing her act though)... na Scarlett Johansson that's my pick. She's so hot right now...

EDIT: oh and Kathy Bates as Rhea....:razz: that just wouldn't work unless she did that Beyonce diet for like a year. I'd pick the chick who was Aunt May in Spider-man. She would do decrepit and festering well I think.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Tue May 08, 2007 11:34 am

MonkeyM666 wrote: I'd pick the chick who was Aunt May in Spider-man. She would do decrepit and festering well I think.

:D Those were the words I was looking for!
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fievel on Tue May 08, 2007 11:34 am

Yeah, my Kathy Bates casting was just to throw her in the movie somewhere. She's been in what, three King adaptations? (Misery, Delores Claiborne, The Stand) Aunt May as Rhea!? I shudder at the brilliance, although if they keep to the book I really don't want to see some octogenarian stick her finger into Susan's goo... not that they'd get away with having a young hottie witch do the same, but a guy can dream.

Although it never says how old he is, I get the feeling Roland is in his late 40's possibly up to late 50's by the time the main story takes place. He's tired and his bones/joints all hurt. That's the only thing keeping Josh Holloway from being my ultimate Roland choice.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:34 am

Dee E. Goppstober wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote: I'd pick the chick who was Aunt May in Spider-man. She would do decrepit and festering well I think.

:D Those were the words I was looking for!

For what?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 am

Fievel wrote:Yeah, my Kathy Bates casting was just to throw her in the movie somewhere. She's been in what, three King adaptations? (Misery, Delores Claiborne, The Stand) Aunt May as Rhea!? I shudder at the brilliance, although if they keep to the book I really don't want to see some octogenarian stick her finger into Susan's goo... not that they'd get away with having a young hottie witch do the same, but a guy can dream.

Although it never says how old he is, I get the feeling Roland is in his late 40's possibly up to late 50's by the time the main story takes place. He's tired and his bones/joints all hurt. That's the only thing keeping Josh Holloway from being my ultimate Roland choice.

hehehe... you said goo... What you don't want to see some Aunt May/Scarlett Johansson/6 legged cat action? Shame on you!

I agree with Rolands age, but then I imagine him having an 'ageless' face as well. I get the impression that it's not age that affects his appearance rather then the weight of the quest, and the things that he has done.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 am

Josh Holloway would be an ideal Roland but he'd have to loose a lot of bulk, Roland is a wirey mofo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eddie Dean should be Casey Affleck, he'd be able to do the comedy wisecracks well, he'll look like a junkie convincingly, once he bulks up his transformation into a badass will be more convincing and the cherry on top is you get his brother Ben to play Henry, which means we get to see him being decapitated.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 am

Casey Affleck is a good choice JL (I haven't seen you mention that before)

I still like my pick of John Leguizamo for Eddie, but I don't know how well he bulks up as Eddie seems to get quiet big by the end of it all (stupid 60's wheelchair!)
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue May 08, 2007 11:44 am

John-Locke wrote:Josh Holloway would be an ideal Roland but he'd have to loose a lot of bulk, Roland is a wirey mofo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eddie Dean should be Casey Affleck, he'd be able to do the comedy wisecracks well, he'll look like a junkie convincingly, once he bulks up his transformation into a badass will be more convincing and the cherry on top is you get his brother Ben to play Henry, which means we get to see him being decapitated.

I can not, and will not, disagree with this logic. The only problem is that Eddie eats meat and Casey's a diehard vegan.

MonkeyM666 wrote:I agree with Rolands age, but then I imagine him having an 'ageless' face as well. I get the impression that it's not age that affects his appearance rather then the weight of the quest, and the things that he has done.

I agree with that. It's obvious that the quest does weigh him down throughout the entire saga. He doesn't even mention being sore or stiff until what, Book 5.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:47 am

Fievel wrote:
John-Locke wrote:Josh Holloway would be an ideal Roland but he'd have to loose a lot of bulk, Roland is a wirey mofo.

I can not, and will not, disagree with this logic. The only problem is that Eddie eats meat and Casey's a diehard vegan.

Tofu gunslinger burritos?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue May 08, 2007 11:47 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:I still like my pick of John Leguizamo for Eddie, but I don't know how well he bulks up as Eddie seems to get quiet big by the end of it all (stupid 60's wheelchair!)

I would have liked this more about 10 years ago. Between his natural accent and general smartassery, he would be perfect. But by the time they would likely start filming, Leguizamo would be in his mid-40's... about 20 years too old.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:48 am

oh yeah... good point...:oops:
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 pm

Fievel wrote:

MonkeyM666 wrote:I agree with Rolands age, but then I imagine him having an 'ageless' face as well. I get the impression that it's not age that affects his appearance rather then the weight of the quest, and the things that he has done.

I agree with that. It's obvious that the quest does weigh him down throughout the entire saga. He doesn't even mention being sore or stiff until what, Book 5.

Yeah, Casey Affleck is a good one.

I think they should all be wiry - because even if they are carrying '60's weelchairs - they don't get to eat much else then gunslinger burrito's (vegan or not). That's why I was thinking Guy Pearce...

But other than that - I think it doesn't really matter that much how much they weigh or how old they are - it's more about whether they have the right look in their eyes, the character prerequisites.

I wouldn't mind Eddie being a bit older -it wouldn't really influence the story line. But John Leguizamo is way too ugly. :wink:
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed May 09, 2007 4:35 am

I never thought of Eddie as a pretty boy... but I guess that is Susannah is suppose to be teh hot so she wouldn't go for a guy with a head like a bat revenged mango.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Wed May 09, 2007 8:33 am

Yeah - I think they both become teh hot, junky days and psychoses left behind.

And I've been thinking you're right about Kandyse McClure. I have been re-watching S3 of BSG (again... slight lack of new material to watch), and she would make a cool Susannah.

She can certainly be an Odetta Holmes, and probably a Suzannah Dean - but could she also be a Detta Walker?
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 am

How hard is Detta walker. Just be a complete bitch and say 'honkey mufa's' a lot and you've got it.

:)
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 am

If the CGI Beowulf is a success I think that method might be the best way to go about a Dark Tower adaptation, you'd be able to get Clint Eastwood to be the Gunslinger then plus with all the aging and time shifting you'd save yourself a hell of a lot of hassle.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 am

Can you explain the CGI Beowulf a little more JL. I know that the upcoming film is baised on a poem (England's national epic or something right?) but I'm not sure what you mean by the CGI stuff...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed May 09, 2007 9:02 am

Dark Tower is gonna be a TV series isn't it? Just like The Talisman.

Oh and not saying that he's 2nd choice or anything and I know nothing much about The Gunslinger, but if you can't get Clint - get Tommy Lee Jones?! That guy just gets better with age.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed May 09, 2007 9:04 am

Yeah, I heard something similar but I don't beleive that Steven King, or JJ want it to be a TV show. They want BIG and EPIC and a big budget trilogy is the only way that they'll get that. Quint had an interview with SK somewhere on the mothersite stating as much.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed May 09, 2007 9:07 am

Havocroom posted this as a rumour/possible confirmation/whatever - The Dark Tower MIGHT be a TV show
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed May 09, 2007 9:21 am

ahhh this rumour...? from Feb 13th...

IGN is running a rumor that JJ Abrams is locked in to direct THE DARK TOWER series, but there's no word on whether it'll be a series of feature films or a miniseries. I'm guessing mini-series and if it is, I hope to God they don't go to ABC. There's nothing wrong with ABC, but you can't Mick Garris' THE STAND-ify THE DARK TOWER. You can't declaw that series on censored television.

I was talking about this chat that Quint had with Steven King on the 26th Feb.

QUINT: Do you think he'll attack the series as a television series like LOST?

STEPHEN KING: No. It oughta be movies. It's gotta be big. I'd like to see it done (that way). I'm not going to close any doors because that's not my way

<ahem>

Check mate.... :D
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Wed May 09, 2007 10:06 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:Can you explain the CGI Beowulf a little more JL.

Check This Out
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Wed May 09, 2007 11:53 am

John-Locke wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote:Can you explain the CGI Beowulf a little more JL.

Check This Out

Wow.
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fawst on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:45 pm

Ok, just for the sake of saying it, Eion Bailey NEEDS to play Roland. If not now, then in a few years.

I give you... Roland
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:19 pm

Fawst wrote:Ok, just for the sake of saying it, Eion Bailey NEEDS to play Roland. If not now, then in a few years.

I give you... Roland

That has to be the most unique offering for Roland that I've ever heard. I'll always think of him in Band Of Brothers where he got the cold shoulder after getting injured. He seems a bit young for Roland.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fawst on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 pm

That's the thing, Band of Brothers was filmed, what, 7 years ago? And I'm thinking just based on that photo that if you were to wait another 10 or so years, he would be absolutely perfect. He's got the look, absolutely. I think he could pull it off.

Sorry, I was watching a rerun of Friends from the later eps with Paul Rudd. He reminds me of Eion, so I went looking for that photo :D
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 pm

Fawst wrote:Ok, just for the sake of saying it, Eion Bailey NEEDS to play Roland. If not now, then in a few years.

I give you... Roland

Wow- you're right. The looks are 100%! This - a little older- has to be exactly what Roland looks like. After watching a History of Violence, I was swaying towards Viggo Mortensen again (despite LOTR), but this-!!!
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fawst on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:33 am

Dee E. Goppstober wrote:

I give you... Roland

Wow- you're right. The looks are 100%! This - a little older- has to be exactly what Roland looks like. After watching a History of Violence, I was swaying towards Viggo Mortensen again (despite LOTR), but this-!!!

You know what, I never even thought of Vig. He would be INCREDIBLE as Roland. The man can act, and unfortunately, I don't know if Eion has it in him to pull off the role. He certainly looks the part, but... Viggo FTFW!

Abrams is gonna have his work cut out for him if he actually does this... he is gonna have to figure out how to get Greg Grunberg in there for a cameo :) I'm guessing crazy townperson from ... totally blanking on the flashback town in the Gunslinger.

So yah... finally started DT7 up again, just went from page 1. And now I'm thinking to myself "Self, you're cheating me. You need to re-read the series."

Sonofabitch.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:34 pm

Fawst wrote:Abrams is gonna have his work cut out for him if he actually does this... he is gonna have to figure out how to get Greg Grunberg in there for a cameo :) I'm guessing crazy townperson from ... totally blanking on the flashback town in the Gunslinger.

So yah... finally started DT7 up again, just went from page 1. And now I'm thinking to myself "Self, you're cheating me. You need to re-read the series."

Sonofabitch.

Ha - that's certainly going to screw with your Book Journal! I have my DT copies in storage, and I miss them. :P

I also can't remember the town names... - but as to Grunberg, yes- Crazy Townsperson -maybe even a little drag dress-up as Silvia Pittston - the crazy religious studly woman from hell?
Last edited by Dee E. Goppstober on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fawst on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:03 am

Good news, bad news, and pure speculation.

J.J. Abrams doing a project for HBO.

Abrams wants to do Dark Tower.

I want Eion Bailey to play Roland.

Eion Bailey is in Abrams' HBO project.

Bailey is only two years older than me, being born in 76, so he's not nearly old enough to play Roland :(

BUT HE COULD PLAY EDDIE FUCKIN DEAN!!!

I admit I have non-gay manlove for Eion Bailey. I'm kinda surprised that he hasn't been more "visible."
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Fawst wrote:Good news, bad news, and pure speculation.

J.J. Abrams doing a project for HBO.

Abrams wants to do Dark Tower.

I want Eion Bailey to play Roland.

Eion Bailey is in Abrams' HBO project.

Bailey is only two years older than me, being born in 76, so he's not nearly old enough to play Roland :(

BUT HE COULD PLAY EDDIE FUCKIN DEAN!!!

I admit I have non-my lover manlove for Eion Bailey. I'm kinda surprised that he hasn't been more "visible."

I remember you bringing up Bailey As Roland before.... I didn't really get it. But Bailey as EDDIE?!?!? Friggin' PERFECT!!!!... although I think Eddie was in his early 20's, Bailey can easily, EASILY pull off that swagger.

Now if it can all happen on HBO, I'll be one happy camper.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby unikrunk on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:24 am

Don't know if this was posted; Stephen King sells adaptation rights to JJ for...$19.00

Those into the books will see the symbolism here.

The Article
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:27 am

Man, why didn't he pick Darabont? The dude seems to love King's material, and Shawshank is everyone's darling.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:29 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Man, why didn't he pick Darabont? The dude seems to love King's material, and Shawshank is everyone's darling.

Forget Dark Tower...I really hope that Darabont gets to do The Long Walk. The way he talked about it in that article makes me totally want to see that shit. A "guerilla style" Darabont film???
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:34 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Man, why didn't he pick Darabont? The dude seems to love King's material, and Shawshank is everyone's darling.

Man, there is no telling why he chose JJ; the article touched on it slightly, but does not really give any insight into the decision.

I think maybe it is due to the absolute fantasy of the books; perhaps King thinks this is something that JJ can pull off.

On the other hand, maybe he pulled a name out of a hat.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:38 am

unikrunk wrote:

Man, there is no telling why he chose JJ; the article touched on it slightly, but does not really give any insight into the decision.

I think maybe it is due to the absolute fantasy of the books; perhaps King thinks this is something that JJ can pull off.

On the other hand, maybe he pulled a name out of a hat.

No there has to be a specific reason for it. I mean to turn so many people down and then sell it to JJ for 19 dollars means something. If he had sold it for millions than maybe it could be viewed as a "meh whatever" decision. But to do that...well it means SOMETHING.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 am

@Lecko - yeah, I have to agree with that, I suppose he thinks only JJ will do it justice on the screen.

I am wondering what we will get? A direct adaptation, or an amalgamation of the books, or something new entirely.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 am

unikrunk wrote:@Lecko - yeah, I have to agree with that, I suppose he thinks only JJ will do it justice on the screen.

I am wondering what we will get? A direct adaptation, or an amalgamation of the books, or something new entirely.

I dunno what we'll get, but I'm sure that JJ will do the best work a $19 project deserves... :twisted:
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby unikrunk on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:45 am

@Pacino - IPAMP!

Yeah, but the selling price is something that is from the books, a repeated motif...the selling price is testament to King's faith in Abrams.

Whether or not that faith is misguided, I am not certain.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebabypanda on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 pm

i heard on the radio this morning about the JJ/King $19 thing. I do believe it is for a film adaptation of the comic series happening now, not the actual books.
thebabypanda
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby unikrunk on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm

thebabypanda wrote:i heard on the radio this morning about the JJ/King $19 thing. I do believe it is for a film adaptation of the comic series happening now, not the actual books.

The article seems to indicate it's the entire franchise:

"This is not a thing I would have [given] to just anybody," King told MTV News. "I've said no to everybody until recently, but based on [Abrams'] work, particularly 'Lost,' which I think a lot of, I thought, 'Yeah, these guys can do it.' "

King is hopeful that the movie version of the tale can be told over a series of episodes, either as a TV miniseries or an epic film series. "It's become a more realistic opportunity, I think, after the success of movies like 'Lord of the Rings,' where the movie is really actually three extra-long movies put together to tell one story," King said. "I'm interested to see what comes out of it."

Link-a-roo
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am

unikrunk wrote:
thebabypanda wrote:i heard on the radio this morning about the JJ/King $19 thing. I do believe it is for a film adaptation of the comic series happening now, not the actual books.

The article seems to indicate it's the entire franchise:

"This is not a thing I would have [given] to just anybody," King told MTV News. "I've said no to everybody until recently, but based on [Abrams'] work, particularly 'Lost,' which I think a lot of, I thought, 'Yeah, these guys can do it.' "

King is hopeful that the movie version of the tale can be told over a series of episodes, either as a TV miniseries or an epic film series. "It's become a more realistic opportunity, I think, after the success of movies like 'Lord of the Rings,' where the movie is really actually three extra-long movies put together to tell one story," King said. "I'm interested to see what comes out of it."

Link-a-roo

Oh how I hope that comes to be... but I'll save that rant for the DT thread.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Excellent article:

Seven Things We Want From The Dark Tower Movies

I think I agree with everything this guy wrote.
Especially this:

Mick Garris' The Drawing of the Three is not a hit. Brett Ratner's The Waste Lands would lead to riots. There are certain franchises where the name behind the camera isn't as important (The Mummy, Fantastic Four, Rush Hour), but the Dark Tower franchise needs a pedigreed director behind every film to bring in moviegoers who might be turned off by the genre nature of the material.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Fievel wrote:Excellent article:

Especially this:

Mick Garris' The Drawing of the Three is not a hit. Brett Ratner's The Waste Lands would lead to riots. There are certain franchises where the name behind the camera isn't as important (The Mummy, Fantastic Four, Rush Hour), but the Dark Tower franchise needs a pedigreed director behind every film to bring in moviegoers who might be turned off by the genre nature of the material.

WHy does he think the name behind the Fantastic Four doesn't matter?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Fievel wrote:Excellent article:

Especially this:

WHy does he think the name behind the Fantastic Four doesn't matter?

Probably because the movies were so shit-tastic...versus the actual property/characters/books of the F4.
That's how I read it as it was the meat in an Ass Sandwich of movies listed there.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Crimson King on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 am

As much as I'm sure a J.J. Abrams Dark Tower would kick ass, I hope it doesn't happen.

Here's why: I'm a wannabe filmmaker who wants to bring The Dark Tower to the screen. Will it ever happen? Probably not, 'cause I'm about the laziest motherfucker you'll ever meet. Also, I've yet to find the scrote to actually get out there and make films.

I'm a total Tower Junkie....well, maybe not total, I haven't read the comics yet. But I have read both versions of The Gunslinger. I read The Drawing of the Three in one day (that's when I KNEW I had to be the one to adapt this puppy). Wizard and Glass almost made me fucking cry....and I already knew what happens!!!

I wasn't completely thrilled with the ending to the series, although I will say I do need to go back and start over again. It's been a while since I've visited the world of Roland Deschain.
English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!?
Crimson King
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Fievel on Fri May 08, 2009 1:40 am

Not much news, but since there wasn't a movie thread yet....

J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof Will Work On ‘Dark Tower’ After ‘Lost’ Is Over

“Damon Lindelof and I talked to Mr. King,” Abrams told IGN while promoting the upcoming “Star Trek” film. “We got the rights for ['Dark Tower'] as a film. Damon is obviously still on ‘Lost’ and we’ve been working on ‘Star Trek’ together. As soon as ‘Lost’ is done, hopefully we’ll begin tackling that.”

Sad to see Lost end next year, but I'm pretty stoked to see what these guys do with the DT series.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: The Dark Tower

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri May 08, 2009 4:30 pm

I would have said Josh Brolin for Roland, but now that he's Jonah Hex, I doubt that's a possibility.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Next

Return to Movie Discussion