TONY JAA LEAVES MOVIE FOR MONKS!!

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

TONY JAA LEAVES MOVIE FOR MONKS!!

Postby bigkdp1 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm

I READ A REPORT THAT ON MAY 28 TONY JAA BECAME A MONK AND IS STAYING AT A MONASTERY IN THAILAIND!! SAYS HE'S DONE WITH THE MOVIE INDUSTRY AND THE ONLY REASON HE COMPLETED "ONG BACK" 2 AND 3 IS CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.ANYONE ELSE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS??
bigkdp1
GLIB

Re: TONY JAA LEAVES MOVIE FOR MONKS!!

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 pm

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Ribbons on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 am

Well if Tony Jaa got in touch with his spiritual side in-between Ong Bak 2 and Ong Bak 3, it shows. Ong Bak 3 is very much about salvation through faith, plus a bunch of violent ass-kicking and people dying horribly (at one point a king gets decapitated and you get to watch his head blink and twitch for a couple extra seconds). It's sort of like the Passion of the Christ of Buddhism, if such a thing can be said to exist. I did like it though. It's a direct continuation of Ong Bak 2, but a lot better. And the direction was surprisingly good. So, hats off to Tony Jaa. He went out on a high note.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby papalazeru on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 am

Ribbons wrote:Well if Tony Jaa got in touch with his spiritual side in-between Ong Bak 2 and Ong Bak 3, it shows. Ong Bak 3 is very much about salvation through faith, plus a bunch of violent ass-kicking and people dying horribly (at one point a king gets decapitated and you get to watch his head blink and twitch for a couple extra seconds). It's sort of like the Passion of the Christ of Buddhism, if such a thing can be said to exist. I did like it though. It's a direct continuation of Ong Bak 2, but a lot better. And the direction was surprisingly good. So, hats off to Tony Jaa. He went out on a high note.

It had nothing to do with that.

Jaa didn't want to work wtih the Studio, The Studio contractually forced him to make more movies so he ran and hid in a temple and won't come out until the contracts up.

They won't touch him in a temple.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Ribbons on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am

That's... genius! And kind of fucked up.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Well if Tony Jaa got in touch with his spiritual side in-between Ong Bak 2 and Ong Bak 3, it shows. Ong Bak 3 is very much about salvation through faith, plus a bunch of violent ass-kicking and people dying horribly (at one point a king gets decapitated and you get to watch his head blink and twitch for a couple extra seconds). It's sort of like the Passion of the Christ of Buddhism, if such a thing can be said to exist. I did like it though. It's a direct continuation of Ong Bak 2, but a lot better. And the direction was surprisingly good. So, hats off to Tony Jaa. He went out on a high note.

It had nothing to do with that.

Jaa didn't want to work wtih the Studio, The Studio contractually forced him to make more movies so he ran and hid in a temple and won't come out until the contracts up.

They won't touch him in a temple.

isn't that what Terrance Malick did between Days of Heaven and The Thin Red Line, except substitute Buddhist temple for Austin :lol:
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:04 pm

At the rate Terrence Malick makes movies, I would believe that he had run off and joined a monastery. Although I think he's currently working on 4 projects or something.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby minstrel on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Ribbons wrote:At the rate Terrence Malick makes movies, I would believe that he had run off and joined a monastery. Although I think he's currently working on 4 projects or something.

Don't forget that Stanley Kubrick often had a lot of projects in the pipeline at once, too, and one movie would emerge every decade or so. For one reason or another, a lot of projects don't get completed.

/threadjack
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Return to Movie News