Shane Black's Predator Reboot

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby TheBaxter on Sun May 13, 2018 11:08 pm

"From the Director of Iron Man 3"

which might mean something if i could remember which iron man movie that was. is it the mickey rourke one, or the one where he hangs out with some kid half the film? wait, nevermind... i've already forgotten both of those movies anyway.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18847
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby so sorry on Thu May 17, 2018 4:10 pm

TheBaxter wrote:"From the Director of Iron Man 3"

which might mean something if i could remember which iron man movie that was. is it the mickey rourke one, or the one where he hangs out with some kid half the film? wait, nevermind... i've already forgotten both of those movies anyway.


It was the one with too many Iron Man suits flying around without anybody in them.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15364
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby Peven on Thu May 17, 2018 6:52 pm

I think Shane Black is one of those cases where the reality is killing the myth as time goes by.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:"From the Director of Iron Man 3"

which might mean something if i could remember which iron man movie that was. is it the mickey rourke one, or the one where he hangs out with some kid half the film? wait, nevermind... i've already forgotten both of those movies anyway.


It was the one with too many Iron Man suits flying around without anybody in them.


a bunch of empty suits... such an apt metaphor.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18847
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri May 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Peven wrote:I think Shane Black is one of those cases where the reality is killing the myth as time goes by.


KISS KISS BANG BANG gives him a lifetime pass to suck, as far as I'm concerned.
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9840
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby Peven on Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:
Peven wrote:I think Shane Black is one of those cases where the reality is killing the myth as time goes by.


KISS KISS BANG BANG gives him a lifetime pass to suck, as far as I'm concerned.


it just isn't THAT good, sorry. I'll take "The Nice Guys" over it any day if I want to watch a goofy oddball buddy cop detective movie about the murder of some Hollywood wannabe actress. in fact, I think a double feature of "L.A. Confidential" and "The Nice Guys", in that order, would be a genius fucking idea. both movies are superior to "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" for my money, and I even own it on dvd. :D
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Peven wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:
Peven wrote:I think Shane Black is one of those cases where the reality is killing the myth as time goes by.


KISS KISS BANG BANG gives him a lifetime pass to suck, as far as I'm concerned.


it just isn't THAT good, sorry. I'll take "The Nice Guys" over it any day if I want to watch a goofy oddball buddy cop detective movie about the murder of some Hollywood wannabe actress. in fact, I think a double feature of "L.A. Confidential" and "The Nice Guys", in that order, would be a genius fucking idea. both movies are superior to "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" for my money, and I even own it on dvd. :D



You're dead to me.

P.S. L.A. CONFIDENTIAL is a masterpiece.
P.P.S. I haven't seen THE NICE GUYS yet.
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9840
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby Peven on Sat May 19, 2018 11:44 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:
Peven wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:
Peven wrote:I think Shane Black is one of those cases where the reality is killing the myth as time goes by.


KISS KISS BANG BANG gives him a lifetime pass to suck, as far as I'm concerned.


it just isn't THAT good, sorry. I'll take "The Nice Guys" over it any day if I want to watch a goofy oddball buddy cop detective movie about the murder of some Hollywood wannabe actress. in fact, I think a double feature of "L.A. Confidential" and "The Nice Guys", in that order, would be a genius fucking idea. both movies are superior to "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" for my money, and I even own it on dvd. :D



You're dead to me.

P.S. L.A. CONFIDENTIAL is a masterpiece.
P.P.S. I haven't seen THE NICE GUYS yet.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 am

I have finally watched THE NICE GUYS, so I can safely say that, Peven, you are still dead to me. But THE NICE GUYS is excellent. About 30 minutes in I knew it was going to be one of my new favorite films, which was a feeling I haven't had since the first time I saw KISS KISS BANG BANG. THE NICE GUYS isn't quite as good as that one in my opinion, but it's close. It's basically the '70s version of that movie mixed with a good version of THE LAST BOY SCOUT. I haven't laughed as hard at a movie in a long time. Not nearly as quotable as KKBB, either, but the Russell Crowe/Ryan Gosling teamup is tops and boobies are always good.

We can do this the easy way, or....we're currently doing it the easy way.

Anyway, THE PREDATOR.
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9840
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: Shane Black's Predator Reboot

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu May 31, 2018 2:08 pm

The Nice Guys is dull.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was disappointing too.

I like Shane Black but I'm not gonna toss off to everything he does just 'cos he's Shane Black.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16568
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Previous

Return to Movie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron