Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetletwoose (The sequel)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetletwoose (The sequel)

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:36 am

Ok, I don't even need to see the video to get stoked about this.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/05/07/tim ... tlejuice-2
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetletwoose (The sequel)

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:25 pm

The Writer Of Beetlejuice 2 Shares His Recipe, Which Includes Some Danger, But Not So Much Beetlejuice
Brendon Connelly wrote:Seth Grahame-Smith is the creator of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, author of the original novel and credited writer of the feature film. Yesterday, I shared his illuminating comments on that picture and how it ended up coming together in just the way that it did.

But Grahame-Smith and I spoke about other projects too, including the Beetlejuice sequel that he’s been working on.

It’s probably best to stress that the film is, as Grahame-Smith said, “just theoretical right now,” but development is definitely underway, and everybody involved is keen for it to happen.

So what is he planning? What would this Beetlejuice sequel entail?

Here’s what Grahame-Smith had to tell me about his work on the film, just what made the first one work, and how he’s going to try and preserve that this time around. You’ll see that he’s taking great pains not to stuff things up.

If we come up with nothing but shit then we’re not going to do it. Beetlejuice, I think, is too important to too many people, myself included, and Tim, and Michael Keaton, to do a sequel just for the sake of it, because we’d think it would be commercial. It’s one of my favourite movies of all time. I still have the original 1988 poster in my office, framed, above my desk. It was an important and seminal movie for me. I want to find a way, so badly, to get it right, but I am so absolutely horrified at the thought of getting it wrong that we’re taking our time and being really careful about it. Though I have talked to Tim quite a bit about it, and I have talked to Michael quite a bit.

But here’s the problem. Beetlejuice was a wonderful accident. It has, of course, irreverence, visual inventiveness and daring, and it has subversive humour in it. Endless inventiveness. But, really, when they put it together, and Tim will tell you this, David Geffen will tell you this, and Michael Keaton will tell you this, that when they first put it together it just didn’t work. That was a movie that miraculously and strangely came together in editing. They found this wonderful, strange, irreverent movie in there.

That’s the scariest part for me – essentially I’m trying to catch lightning in a bottle. The chance of creating something transcendent twice is very slim.

But I think the magic ingredient is trying not to over do it. Not to make it some crazy, overblown big Beetlejuice Saves the World type of story. Frankly, Beetlejuice himself is only in the original movie for about a half hour. I think using him sparingly is key. And not trying to make it so modern, family friendly and broad but to cling to the things that made it a little dangerous.

And obviously we’re not remaking the movie or rebooting it. It would be a sequel, and however much time has passed between the two movies, that’s the amount of time that will have passed in the story.

And then he stopped. Nothing more can be shared, yet. It’s all still pretty secret.

Oh, I’m really rooting for them to get this right. I absolutely love the first film, and have see it countless times, including eight goes-around on the big screen. I’d love another instalment that works.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:23 am

Has Writing Begun on Beetlejuice 2?]Has Writing Begun on Beetlejuice 2?
Ryan Turek wrote:Seth Grahame-Smith posted an interesting update to his Twitter/Instagram this morning. We reTweeted it, however, if you're not following every social media channel we oversee, well, here's the skinny...

The writer behind Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Dark Shadows showed off a pic that may or may not allude to the fact that he has begun writing Beetlejuice 2. Head inside and you'll see what we mean.

Now, Seth recently boarded Fantastic Four for Fox and he's doing a polish of that script. So, maybe he's settling down to get cracking on that and the Beetlejuice reference is just Seth's brand of goofiness.

A little over a year ago, Seth told us he had taken a meeting with Michael Keaton to discuss the sequel, since then things have been rather quiet
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 am

TheButcher wrote:Has Writing Begun on Beetlejuice 2?]Has Writing Begun on Beetlejuice 2?
Ryan Turek wrote:Seth Grahame-Smith posted an interesting update to his Twitter/Instagram this morning. We reTweeted it, however, if you're not following every social media channel we oversee, well, here's the skinny...

The writer behind Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Dark Shadows showed off a pic that may or may not allude to the fact that he has begun writing Beetlejuice 2. Head inside and you'll see what we mean.

Now, Seth recently boarded Fantastic Four for Fox and he's doing a polish of that script. So, maybe he's settling down to get cracking on that and the Beetlejuice reference is just Seth's brand of goofiness.

A little over a year ago, Seth told us he had taken a meeting with Michael Keaton to discuss the sequel, since then things have been rather quiet

Add Beetlejuice to the 'List of Seth Grahame-Smith films I'm unlikely to want to see' of which there were his entire back catalogue.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:24 am

Schmoes Know Exclusive:
Tim Burton Returning to BEETLEJUICE???
Mark Reilly wrote:Been an exciting time here in Schmoeville, eh? Last night, we dropped news that Michael B Jordan has officially signed on for the FANTASTIC FOUR reboot as Johnny Storm.

And now, thanks to our VERY RELIABLE source (used CAPS LOCK folks, it’s serious…) we have another interesting development that is happening out there…

Namely: BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!

Let’s talk first about our Schmoes “Source”. Without revealing their identity, know that they are a high ranking studio executive that knows what is going on behind the scenes of everything in Hollywood. You know, serious stuff.

And now, we here at Schmoe Know have this nugget of awesomeness:

Tim Burton is looking to direct the sequel to BEETLEJUICE at WB.

Very excite!!!!

Last week, according to our source, Tim Burton was thinking about dropping out of directing his Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children set up at 20th Century Fox. As originally reported by DEADLINE, Peregrine’s story is a compelling one and right in Burton’s wheelhouse.

But it seems that he was almost tempted to leave the project entirely in order to return and direct the new BEETLEJUICE. But before anyone could say “the name that shouldn’t be named 3 times in a row…” he shifted his schedule and is now looking to do both films.

The REAL news here of course is his return to the franchise that launched his career. Beetlejuice. One of my favorite movies growing up with one of my ALL TIME favorite appearances by Michael Keaton as the mischievous ghoul. I loved that movie as a kid and watched it five times in the theatres with my cousins. Ah, the memories…

It was announced long ago thanks to Deadline and I was wary of the decision, hoping that it wasn’t going to be a reboot but rather, a direct sequel. This was said at the time:
David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith have just signed a two-year first-look feature producing deal at Warner Bros. While rights are still being worked out, one of their first projects is expected to be a sequel to Beetlejuice, the 1988 Tim Burton-directed hit that starred Michael Keaton as a ghoul hired by a recently deceased couple to drive the new owners out of their house.

Then, as the news settled and everyone went back to worrying about who was going to be the next Superman and when the next Dark Knight was going to come out, the news got lost in the ether.

But then SCREENRANT dropped in some news from an interview saying:
“When Warner Bros. came to us about it, we said the only way we’d do it if we got Tim [Burton’s] blessing and involvement, and we got that, and the star of the movie has to be Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, and it’s a true continuation 26 years later. Not just throwing him in as a cameo going, ‘Hey, it’s me. I endorse this movie.’ We’re not there yet [with Keaton] because we don’t have a film to present to him.”

So we already know that the filmmakers wanted Burton’s blessing and ‘limited’ involvement, which they got. And that they were always looking at Keaton to come back. All around good news.

And today, we can happily confirm that Tim Burton IS looking to direct the sequel himself. No word yet on scheduling or if the movie is near a greenlight in the development phase. What we know is that Burton wants to do both Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children and the new Beetlejuice.

So fans, rejoice! Can you imagine Burton coming back to his old stomping grounds with Keaton and playing in the Beetlejuice universe again? It would be amazing as I feel like the world created in the first movie is so rich and deserving of a follow up (if done right and with extreme care).

In my opinion, Burton’s latest movies have been devoid of any real originality and the consistent use of Johnny Depp has become a tired formula. Maybe Burton knows his audience is dwindling and so he is wanting to come back to to where it all started.

Moreover, from what I am hearing, the script for the new BEETLEJUICE is actually really good so if that is the case, Burton wants back in because he has something to say.

All in all, I’m game. I would love to see Burton and Keaton team up again for another jaunt through the crazy world of the undead. It would be amazing to see and as long as we’re relying on so much nostalgia lately in movies, why not get one of the best.

We’ll just have to wait a bit to get the actual confirmations through the trades but as of now, our source is very confidant in his facts. Burton is wanting to return to BEETLEJUICE. Now, let’s bow our heads and say BEETLEJUICE three times to make sure this happens!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:11 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:07 pm

'Beetlejuice 2': Michael Keaton Says Tim Burton Is In, And So Is He
Keaton also discusses 'Batman' anniversary plans.
Alex Zalben & Charles Webb wrote:It may be 25 years since "Batman" first hit movie theaters, but don't roll out the cake just yet according to current "Robocop" star and former Bruce Wayne, Michael Keaton.

"Are we doing anything? Yeah, we're having a party me and Tim [Burton]," Keaton joked when MTV News sat down with the star at the "Robocop" junket in Los Angeles. "We're going to the Batman museum, of course. And the Batman parade."

Keaton deferred, laughing that none of the above was true but did add, "It is a funny idea that we'd all get together. I loved it, I'm proud to be the original... In terms of that whole version."

"Batman" isn't the only franchise Keaton is fondly remembered for, though. The year prior to that movie's release, Keaton worked with director Tim Burton on the fondly remembered supernatural comedy "Beetlejuice." For years, rumors of a sequel have run rampant. Co-star Winona Ryder has discussed the possibility, and writer Seth Grahame-Smith has been working on the script since at least 2012.

But for fans of the original, what about Keaton, who starred as the titular ghost Beetlejuice?

"I've e-mailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff," Keaton said. "I always said that's the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another."

Though Burton is currently working on post-production on "Big Eyes," a biopic about artist Walter Keane featuring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz, the normally busy auteur doesn't currently have anything scheduled past 2014. So will Burton come back, and possibly as director?

"Now it looks like he is involved," Keaton continued, "And without giving too much away we've talked to each other, and e-mailed each other, and if he's in, it's going to be hard not to be in."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:02 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:04 pm

I have to say Betelgeuse regularly on a daily basis. Nothing has yet occurred.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 pm

They can tell you're not spelling it right. Either that or you need to say it more times to summon the star.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 pm

the first movie was just a neat little comedy with a wacky sensibility, like a bag of pop rocks cinema, fun while they are on your tongue but melt away quickly because there really isn't much to them. I have never gone out of my way to watch Beeteljuice since I first saw it in theatres and could go the rest of my days without watching it again and not regret it. thereby I find a sequel, especially by a used up, burnt out Tim Burton, to be entirely superfluous

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Deadline October 12, 2017:
‘Beetlejuice 2’ Pushes Forward With New Writer At Warner Bros.
Anita Busch wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite Beetlejuice 2 at Warner Brothers, a project that has been long gestating as a re-pairing of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton. No deals are anywhere near done with Burton or Keaton but Deadline hears that the two — who are currently working on Dumbo at Disney — have been excited at the thought of collaborating on a sequel. Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions would produce this one.

The original Beetlejuice was directed by Burton in 1988 and has become a cult favorite. In fact, it was recently re-released and is playing in two theaters in Los Angeles now. Released by Warner Bros., the fantasy comedy starred Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis as ghosts who haunt their old home. When a little girl (Winona Ryder) accidentally unleashes a mischievous ghost (Keaton), the ghosts try to drive the homeowners (Catherine O’Hara and Jeffrey Jones) out of the house.

Vukadinovich’s most recent film work is Rememory, a science-fiction drama that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was acquired by Lionsgate. Based on his original screenplay, that project stars Peter Dinklage and Julie Ormond. He also wrote Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, based on the Disneyland ride, for Disney with Justin Springer producing and Pete Candeland attached to direct. We see that he also wrote for the upcoming season of Marvel’s Runaways for Hulu, ABC Studios, and Josh Schwartz, and co-wrote the pilot Horrorstory with Josh Schwartz at Fox, and Gail Berman and Charlie Kaufman executive producing.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Movie News