THE INCREDIBLES 2

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: THE INCREDIBLES 2

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:18 am

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am

goes to show that everybody has their price.......

....or that working with Tom Cruise will drive a director back to making cartoons :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Everett Downing's 365 Supers

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:17 am

365 Supers
Everett Downing wrote:365 Supers started out as a creativity exercise in the summer of 2009. 3 years and 365 supers later, it was finally completed, but I could not have anticipated where this simple exercise would take me. It has spawned an amazing world filled with colorful characters just waiting to be explored, and it has inspired thousands of fan followers, people who were curious to see if I could finish what I started.

Pixar Animator Dreams Up a New Superhero — For Each Day of the Year
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:02 am

Disney makes it official: 'The Incredibles' is finally getting a sequel
Now we just need confirmation that Brad Bird is the man in charge

Disney And Pixar Announce The Incredibles 2
Brendon Connelly wrote:Robert Iger gave word of both sequels during an investor’s conference call this afternoon. He didn’t say who would be directing either picture, but a lot of folk will be assuming Brad Bird will be back for the Incredibles sequel.

Or maybe it will be Teddy Newton…

UPDATE: Iger also said that Brad Bird is working on the film’s story now. I guess it is likely to be him directing, then…?

Anyway, official word of the creatives involved will be along soon, I hope. I’d also expect some release dates, at least temporary ones. [Disney]
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:07 am

Do We Really Need A Sequel For The Incredibles?
Jon Negroni wrote:Disney CEO Bob Iger recently made it public that Pixar is working on The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3, an announcement that is likely to divide Pixar fans right down the middle.

Why? Because they essentially combined “probably good news” with “bad news.” Cars may make tons of money in merchandising and box office totals, but it’s still Pixar’s weakest link in terms of audience reception.

In other words, most of us don’t really care about Cars. We just don’t.

But The Incredibles is a vastly different story. Considered to be one of the top-tier Pixar films, this movie could actually be akin to Toy Story 2, rather than Cars 2.

Unfortunately, my best guess is that we’re getting another Monsters University, a decent, even good, movie that lives up to the original, but doesn’t come close to surpassing it.

Pixar sequels are tricky business. Toy Story is really one of the few franchises in film history that actually improved with each sequel, so it makes sense that the executives at Disney have faith in milking their Pixar properties during the coming decade. Even the best studios need time to rest, after all.

So I’m going to be cautiously optimistic about The Incredibles 2, if only because the great Brad Bird is once again behind the film, and I have faith in his ability to evolve simple concepts into fantastic narratives (see The Iron Giant, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Ratatouille and oh, the first Incredibles).

If you recall, the world of The Incredibles is rich and ready to be further explored. The film excellently combined vastly different aesthetics: the retro-future technology in an alternate 1960s mixed with superheroes and even James Bond references.

And it would be great to see what happens to the Parr family as a superhero team, a dynamic we actually didn’t see until the third act of the movie. There’s plenty to see here, so a sequel really does make a lot of sense.

What do you think? Will The Incredibles 2 break the Pixar sequel “curse,” or do we have another excellent Pixar trilogy on our hands?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:25 am

Yeah, I'm one of those who never saw a need for a sequel to The Incredibles. Similar to Unbreakable, I feel like it stands on its own. For some reason there's a difference in my mind between the readymade superhero franchises like Batman or The Avengers, and stuff like this where they use the genre to tell a self-contained story. That said, I have confidence that it will at least be solidly entertaining, especially with Brad Bird involved.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: I Am Not Fishburne

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:48 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:28 am

Brad Bird On Superhero Trends He Wants To Shy Away From In THE INCREDIBLES 2
"Well, I worry if you comment too much on other movies [in your own movie] then you might just be coasting off their good will. There was a very lazy trend in comedy where somebody would start singing the theme song from The Flintstones and you're supposed to dig on it just because you recognize it. So I don't like that. I think that movies ought to work in and of themselves. However… I would say that the superhero movie turf right now is very trodden over — it's kind of like a field that's had too many games on it, and it's just dried up dirt at this point."

"I think that the greatest special effect is caring about a character. A lot of movies seem to forget that, and they bring out a lot of fireballs and then wonder why the fireballs don't have that much impact, no matter how loud and how big they are. But the truth is that the fireball isn't that exciting unless you care about the person running from it."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Brad Bird Confirms INCREDIBLES 2 Is His Next Movie
ADAM CHITWOOD wrote:With regards to The Incredibles 2, Steve asked the filmmaker for a status update on the script. Does he have pages yet?

“Oh yeah I have pages, a bunch of pages. I had a lot of ideas for the original Incredibles that I didn’t get a chance to use, that I like. I have ideas that I wanted to pursue a little bit and there wasn’t enough time in Incredibles. There are new ideas I have, and I think there are enough of those together to make an interesting movie. I’m just focusing on getting Tomorrowland out into the world and playing with the Incredibles sandbox again.”

So, can Bird confidently say The Incredibles 2 is his next project?

“Yeah it feels like it to me, yeah.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby minstrel on Mon May 11, 2015 1:30 am

TheButcher wrote:Brad Bird Confirms INCREDIBLES 2 Is His Next Movie
ADAM CHITWOOD wrote:With regards to The Incredibles 2, Steve asked the filmmaker for a status update on the script. Does he have pages yet?

“Oh yeah I have pages, a bunch of pages. I had a lot of ideas for the original Incredibles that I didn’t get a chance to use, that I like. I have ideas that I wanted to pursue a little bit and there wasn’t enough time in Incredibles. There are new ideas I have, and I think there are enough of those together to make an interesting movie. I’m just focusing on getting Tomorrowland out into the world and playing with the Incredibles sandbox again.”

So, can Bird confidently say The Incredibles 2 is his next project?

“Yeah it feels like it to me, yeah.”

So if he's using ideas from the original Incredibles, then my guess is that he's setting it in the same time period. I was a bit concerned that, given that about 11 or 12 years have passed since the last movie, he'd set Incredibles 2 11 or 12 years after the first one. I think that would have been problematic because the family dynamic would have completely changed - Violet would probably have moved out and possibly gotten married, Dash would be in college, and Jack-Jack would be a 13-year-old brat.

Of course, setting it in the same time period as the first one, the kids' roles would all have to be recast, and I liked how well they worked in the first Incredibles.

Problems in both approaches!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:32 pm

INCREDIBLES 2 poster hits D23!!
Harry wrote:Yeah, I can hear the groan about yet another CARS film, but INCREDIBLES 2 - I've no doubt that Brad Bird has genius in his mind for this film. At least I hope he does. Every PIXAR fan I know has been dying for an INCREDIBLES 2 since the second the first film ended. For many, it's the great great FANTASTIC FOUR flick we've never seen - for others, it's what the FF can never be at Fox. However, my question is - how much further down the road from the events in the first film would it go? Is Jack Jack, Dash & Violet all older? How would that change them? Is it the whole family having to control or even defeat baby JACK JACK?!!? I just want Jack Kirby-esque giant monsters for them to fight. And crazy machinery and a whole lot of Edna Mode.

What's your dream for INCREDIBLES 2? Or for CARS 3 for that matter?

Keep it cool,

Harry

D23 2015: PIXAR SEQUEL POSTERS FOR INCREDIBLES 2, TOY STORY 4 AND MORE
Yes, Mr. Incredible and his family will be back.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:24 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:57 am

Pixar Flurry! INCREDIBLES 2, CARS 3, and TOY STORY 4 get release dates!
Papa Vinyard wrote:Then, nearly four years from now, we’ll finally see Brad Bird’s INCREDIBLES 2 (though I’d bank on a better title) on June 21st, 2019.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:39 am

‘Incredibles 2’ Hitting Theaters a Year Early, ‘Toy Story 4’ Pushed Back to 2019
“The Incredibles 2” will hit theaters a year before it was originally slated, while “Toy Story 4” will move from 2018 to 2019, Pixar said Wednesday.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:09 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Collider July 14, 2017:
‘The Incredibles 2: Rise of the Underminer’
ADAM CHITWOOD wrote:While story specifics are still under wraps (for now), Lasseter revealed to IGN that we’re not in for some big time jump—The Incredibles 2 begins literally seconds after the first movie ends:

“It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on,” Lasseter said during an interview at D23 Expo, quipping that only “a minute” will have passed. He added, “It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where start this movie.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:04 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Movie News