ALIEN: COVENANT (Prometheus 2)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Prometheu2

Postby Fried Gold on Sat May 10, 2014 8:23 pm

Michael Fassbender confirms Prometheus 2 is happening and that he will be returning as the android David.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/10/michael-f ... n-4723410/

The prequel-sequel is said to explain the connection between Alien, Prometheus and Blade Runner and finish with David creating Roy Batty in a deleted scene.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Ridley Scott's PARADISE

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 11, 2014 10:09 am

Fox Sets Dates for 'Wolverine,' 'Fantastic Four' Sequels
An unnamed Ridley Scott film is set for March 4, 2016

Dark Horse Comics:
[ECCC '14] Mythos of Alien, Predator, Alien Versus Predator, and Prometheus

‘Wolverine 3′, ‘Fantastic Four 2′, ‘Taken 3′ and More Get Release Dates
Sandy Schaefer wrote:Finally, the studio also set an unspecified Ridley Scott project for release on March 4th, 2016. The hard-working director previously indicated that his followup to his Biblical blockbuster Exodus (which opens December 2014) will be a sci-fi offering, though that only partially narrows the list of possibilities – as Scott currently has three projects that fall under that genre’s jurisdiction in development: a Prometheus sequel, a second installment set in the Blade Runner universe, and the novel adaptation The Forever War.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Prometheu2

Postby Fried Gold on Sun May 11, 2014 6:06 pm

I can't believe you've already unecessarily NEWZed up this thread after one post.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 am

Is there anybody interested in this after the vats of unconscionable dumbness in the first movie?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Al Shut on Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 am

Yes

slightly but yes
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am

minstrel wrote:Is there anybody interested in this after the vats of unconscionable dumbness in the first movie?

Yeah I am, unfortunately.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon May 12, 2014 11:19 am

A combination of faint hope and morbid curiousity. Mostly the latter.

I know I'll catch it eventually. But with low expectations.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fried Gold on Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 pm

minstrel wrote:Is there anybody interested in this after the vats of unconscionable dumbness in the first movie?

It left so many open threads that I want to see how someone managed to give it conclusion.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Ridley Scott’s The Martian

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I can't believe you've already unecessarily NEWZed up this thread after one post.

Ridley Scott’s March 2016 Date Will Not Go To PROMETHEUS 2, After All
And it's not even the same date anymore. Everything we know is wrong!
Fried Gold wrote:Exactly.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Ridley Scott’s The Martian

Postby TheButcher on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:35 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:24 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:57 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Prometheu2 “Such Evil Biology”

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:52 am

Ridley Scott Says ‘Prometheus 2′ Answers Why the Engineers Created “Such Evil Biology”
BRIAN FORMO wrote:
It starts off with a very grand idea—or a grand question, really. Who are they and why did they create such evil biology and bacteriology? And [in creating], to protect themselves from what? So the questions are answered there, or rather, beginning to be answered in Prometheus 2.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm

TheButcher wrote:Ridley Scott Says ‘Prometheus 2′ Answers Why the Engineers Created “Such Evil Biology”
BRIAN FORMO wrote:
It starts off with a very grand idea—or a grand question, really. Who are they and why did they create such evil biology and bacteriology? And [in creating], to protect themselves from what? So the questions are answered there, or rather, beginning to be answered in Prometheus 2.

"Beginning to be answered in Prometheus 2"??? As in, it'll end with more questions to be asked?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:51 pm

I see you begin to ask the right questions.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Re: Alien: Paradise Lost

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:59 pm

Exclusive Interview: Ridley Scott on The Martian & He Reveals Title of Prometheus 2
More literary inspiration for the Prometheus sequel...

Ridley Scott Reveals when the ‘Prometheus’ Series Will Finally Link up with ‘Alien’
MATT GOLDBERG wrote:It looks like Prometheus 2 is pretty firmly set as Scott’s next film and will bring viewers a step closer to Alien, but only a step. Last month, he confirmed that it will be his next movie, and he told Steve at TIFF that the film will explain why the Engineers created “such evil biology”. However, this sequel will still only be part of the lead-up to Alien. Speaking to FilmFutter [via The Playlist], Scott said:
“Prometheus has its own story to tell before it eventually ties into the movie that started it all…it won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even a fourth film before we get back into the ‘Alien’ franchise.”

And why exactly do we need all of this build up? Scott elaborated:
“The whole point of it is to explain the ‘Alien’ franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself. I always thought of the Alien as a kind of piece of bacterial warfare. I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction.”

Ridley Scott Talks Alien: Paradise Lost
Exclusive: “I’ve even got connections with Ripley in this one...
Phil de Semlyen wrote:So what does this mean for Neill Blomkamp’s sequel? There had been speculation that Alien: Paradise Lost might mean that it wouldn’t get made, but Sir Ridley has scotched those rumours. “I’m producing it,” he reiterated. “The design is for it to go out next, after this. This will go out first. It’s more associated with Ripley, it’s a completely different angle, it’s more of a sequel. I’m coming in from the back end.”

But onto the big question: can we really expect Michael Fassbender to spend an entire movie as a disembodied head? “It’s going to be better than that,” chuckled Scott. “It’s a very nice big idea I’ve got. It’s really great. You’re going to have to wait...”

Does anybody care about this?
Do we need or want an origin for the Xenomorph?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:27 pm

TheButcher wrote:Does anybody care about this?

No.

And now they've got two separate Alien franchises going at the same time?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:52 pm

even when Ridley Scott is "off" he makes watchable movies, so I choose not to be a negative nelly in my speculation about his work yet to come

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:55 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Ridley Scott Says ‘Prometheus 2′ Answers Why the Engineers Created “Such Evil Biology”
BRIAN FORMO wrote:

"Beginning to be answered in Prometheus 2"??? As in, it'll end with more questions to be asked?

it is this attitude among so many American moviegoers that is responsible for studios making one predictable, simplistic, by-the-numbers movie after another. we hate being made to think, don't we.....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Peven wrote:even when Ridley Scott is "off" he makes watchable movies, so I choose not to be a negative nelly in my speculation about his work yet to come

I'm mildly interested in a sequel to Prometheus. I don't feel the need to learn any more about xenomorphs than have already been explained, though. A passing comment, sure, but a four-part prequel leading up to the first scene of Alien? No. Besides the obvious, which is that plan as envisioned has about as much chance of happening as The Sinister Six, Alien was a pretty straight-up horror movie, and the many sequels and mash-ups that came after it were just xenomorphs showing up in random places and wrecking shit, so why watch four movies about some grand plan these Engineers have that obviously never came to pass?

Besides all that my point is that I think they're getting off-track by trying to make Prometheus "more Alieny," in one producer's words. They already have something for that: Alien 5. In this story the Engineers are the important thing, not the stupid xenomorphs, but because Prometheus didn't make as much money as Fox hoped it's a xeno-palooza.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:59 am

Peven wrote:
so sorry wrote:
BRIAN FORMO wrote:

it is this attitude among so many American moviegoers that is responsible for studios making one predictable, simplistic, by-the-numbers movie after another. we hate being made to think, don't we.....

i have no problems with amiguity or "thinking". i do have problems with taking one film's worth of material and stretching it across 3 or 4 actual films in order to build a "franchise". i was watching Battle of the Five Armies again the other day, and my zod, what a bloated worthless piece of shit that film is. LOTR worked because it was 3 movies worth of story. hobbit was 1, maybe 1 1/2 movies worth of story stretched out into 3 and it showed. the garfield spiderman films failed because each film seemed more concerned with setting up the next film than with telling any kind of satisfying story in the film they were actually making.

there's no telling if these new prometheus movies will fall into those same traps, but with the first film they did not get off to the most promising start.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 am

TheButcher wrote:Does anybody care about this?

i'm pretty sure it has something to do with midichlorians...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Peven wrote:
so sorry wrote:
BRIAN FORMO wrote:

Duh, I don't get it.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:29 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Peven wrote:
so sorry wrote:
BRIAN FORMO wrote:

i have no problems with amiguity or "thinking". i do have problems with taking one film's worth of material and stretching it across 3 or 4 actual films in order to build a "franchise". i was watching Battle of the Five Armies again the other day, and my zod, what a bloated worthless piece of shit that film is. LOTR worked because it was 3 movies worth of story. hobbit was 1, maybe 1 1/2 movies worth of story stretched out into 3 and it showed. the garfield spiderman films failed because each film seemed more concerned with setting up the next film than with telling any kind of satisfying story in the film they were actually making.

there's no telling if these new prometheus movies will fall into those same traps, but with the first film they did not get off to the most promising start.

Prometheus was a missed opportunity to be A LOT more, I agree

Peven
Is This Real Life?

ALIEN: COVENANT (Prometheus 2)

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Release date of October 2017.

Interesting how this official press release glosses over the fact that Naomi Rapace's character ain't in this anymore (well, that's an assumption made by me, but not sure how they'd work her in with this new synopsis).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: ALIEN: COVENANT (Prometheus 2)

Postby Peven on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:47 pm

it is like Alien3 all over again....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Hmmm, sounds to me a little like something that could have been a prequel to Aliens (i.e. the events at the colony immediately leading up to the movie). A colony ship called Covenant...I'm guessing post-modern pilgrims?

Can't tell much from the synopsis. Maybe it will look like this:

get it? "Covenant"?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:12 am

Ridley Scott: I'm Trying to Keep 'Prometheus' Sequels for Myself
Director says he shouldn't have let the 'Alien' series "get away" from him.

Ridley Scott: 'Alien: Covenant' Is First of 3 Films Before Linking Up With Original 'Alien'
The director revealed details of the 'Alien' origin stories as he begins pre-production on the followup to 'Prometheus' in Australia.
Pip Bulbeck" wrote:Ridley Scott confirmed that he is planning another two Prometheus sequels to follow Alien: Covenant before the Prometheus storyline meets up with the original 1979 Alien.

Alien: Covenant and the following two films will be origin stories, answering the “very basic questions posed in Alien: why the alien, who might have made it and where did it come from?” Scott revealed at a press conference in Sydney where he is starting pre-production on Covenant, the first sequel to Prometheus.

“Its a very complex story. Its an evolution of what I first did with Prometheus 1,” he said of the new film, which tells the story of the crew of the colony ship Covenant, who discover what they think is an uncharted paradise but is actually a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the synthetic David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

“Prometheus 1 was borne out of my frustration that on Alien 1 in 1979 - I only did one as I don't normally do sequels. I was amazed that in the 3 that followed that no-one asked the question "why the Alien, who made it and why?" Very basic questions. So I came up with the notion of Prometheus 1, which starts to indicate who might have made it and where it came from,” Scott said.

"So I’m now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we’ll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that’s finished there’ll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979,” the British director revealed.

“So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered,” he added.

Scott’s aversion to sequels is clearly fading – and in part inspired by the new Star Wars films.

“Star Wars will be a juggernaut. Why do you think I’m doing sequels,” he quipped.

Alien: Covenant will shoot at Sydney’s Fox Studios from March with Michael Fassbender to reprise his Prometheus role as the synthetic David. Other casting hasn’t been confirmed although Scott did say that Prometheus 1 star Noomi Rapace will only appear briefly in Covenant. Scott is keen to use Australian actors, revealing that that he wanted Cate Blanchett for The Martian but she was unavailable.

Shooting will be a mix of location and studio shoots with location requiting “monumental forest and monumental rock and the rest will be in the studio with fairly formidable CGI. The Martian was made for the most part 94 pecent in a Budapest studio. With green screen I now can’t tell what was studio and what was shot in Wadi Rum,” Scott said.

Michael Fassbender will arrive in Sydney in mid-March for the 16 week shoot.

The NSW state government said the film will contribute more than $43.3 million (AUS$60 million) to the state’s economy and employ more than 600 local cast and crew.

The Australian government committed a one off grant to get the film made in Australia. That grant in effect raised Australian location tax offset from 16 percent to 30 percent, a move which its now considering making permanent for all productions. A decision will be made on that before May next year, foreign minister Julie Bishop, who secured the shoot for Australia, said.

At the same time Scott revealed that Blade Runner 2, which we wrote and will produce, with Denis Villeneuve directing, will be made in Budapest, where he made The Martian, and Beijing.

But he said the idea is to shoot the three Prometheus/Alien films in Australia.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 22, 2016 6:04 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Ridley Scott's ‘Alien: Covenant’ May 19, 2017

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:35 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ALIEN: COVENANT (2METHEUS)

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:12 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ALIEN: COVENANT (2METHEUS)

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:03 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:30 am

Looks like they're building directly on top of the shit-pile that is PROMETHEUS.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby so sorry on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:43 am

That was a confusing trailer. I guess that's good?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:37 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:Looks like they're building directly on top of the shit-pile that is PROMETHEUS.

so sorry wrote:That was a confusing trailer. I guess that's good?

Yes to both of these.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Apart from Alien, I've gone back round to not being interested in any Alien movies again.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:42 am

Oh boy, more face-huggers! And chest-bursters! And space marines, and running down dimly lit hallways corridors full of steam, and the exact same fucking thing we've seen in five other movies (six, once Neill Blomkamp makes his very expensive fan fiction in a couple years).

I would have been more interested if it were a direct follow-up to the Prometheus storyline, rather than trying to reverse-engineer it into a more overt Alien prequel because that's what the noisy fans who don't know what they want demanded. I don't need a proper Alien prequel. I don't need to see how the sort-of-xenomorph became the all-the-way xenomorph. I don't care.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:22 am

I want to be excited about this, but...
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:51 am

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm

I've already resigned myself to watching this when it hits theaters, despite thinking PROMETHEUS is an absolute turd, so I'm gonna skip this trailer.

But what did the rest of you think?
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:50 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:But what did the rest of you think?

A whole lot of "I've seen this before...."
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:06 am

I am so glad Ridley isn't helming the new Bladerunner movie......I just don't see what he is doing with these movies that makes sense, he keeps presenting questions without giving any answers, it looks like we'll never see what happened to the two characters at the end of the last movie and now he's starting another narrative with these characters in a very similar situation, almost like this was an alternate script they turned down when they made the first movie and this is a redo.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: ‘ALIEN: COVENANT’ (‘Prometheus²’)

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:29 am

/film:
Is ‘Alien: Covenant’ an ‘Alien’ Prequel or a ‘Prometheus’ Sequel?
YES!
Neil Gaiman's Space Jockey/H.R. Giger's Sandman

ImageImage
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Peven wrote:.....I just don't see what he is doing with these movies that makes sense, he keeps presenting questions without giving any answers, it looks like we'll never see what happened to the two characters at the end of the last movie and now he's starting another narrative with these characters in a very similar situation, almost like this was an alternate script they turned down when they made the first movie and this is a redo.

Very true.

Fievel wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:But what did the rest of you think?

A whole lot of "I've seen this before...."

Very true!

BUT... I am a sucker for this "universe", so this is on my opening night list. I can't help myself...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: ALIENCOVENANTHEUSIUM³: The Martian Returns

Postby TheButcher on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Collider:
Ridley Scott Says the Next ‘Alien’ Movie Is Already Written
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: "Ridley Scott's Alienverse" ALIEN: AWAKENING

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:37 am

TheButcher wrote:Collider:
Ridley Scott Says the Next ‘Alien’ Movie Is Already Written

Collider:
Ridley Scott Teases a New ‘Alien: Covenant’ Sequel Title and an All-New Trilogy

BMD:
Ridley Scott Says ALIEN: AWAKENING Is Up Next
I'm not on Facebook.

BMD:
Ridley Scott Says ALIEN: AWAKENING Is Up Next
Scott Wampler wrote:Says Scott:
"There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien ... It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant."

One of two things is happening here: either Ridley Scott just fumbled the order of this new Alien trilogy he's working on, or the next Alien movie will somehow take place between Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. Either is as likely, so you decide how you want to interpret that.
Last edited by TheButcher on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 pm

You know all this shit is all over Facebook already don't you?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm not on Facebook.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:30 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Next