Anne Hathaway is GODZILLA! #COLOSSAL #Barbie

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Anne Hathaway is GODZILLA! #COLOSSAL #Barbie

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:52 pm

COLOSSAL Official Trailer

Nacho Vigalondo pitches his “man in suit” kaiju eiga or Godzilla movie
Charles Madison wrote:After presenting his cyber thriller Open Windows at Frightfest today, impressively dextrous and imaginative director Nacho Vigalondo took a few minutes to pitch his surprising, mysterious take on the kaiju eiga genre.

Below you can read exactly what he had to say, direct from my dictaphone. Of course, when he says Godzilla, he’s not referring to that actual, specific character as much as the type, the giant city destroying monster in general. Well, not unless Legendary and Warner Bros. decide to take on hell of a risk on a crazy-sounding side project.
The script I finished and want to get financing for is a twist on the kaiju eiga genre, the Godzilla genre. It’s going to be the cheapest Godzilla movie ever, I promise. It’s going to be a serious Godzilla movie but I’ve got an idea that’s going to make it so cheap that you will feel betrayed. You’re going to be so frustrated by it, it’s not even possible.

The way I wrote the movie – and I don’t want to explain too much – I found a way that is honest and logical to make Godzilla in a costume, destroying cities, models all the time. I wrote the movie in a way that the story has a twist so it makes sense to do Godzilla this way and I’m going to try to be the guy inside the costume because I love filmmaking to the core and I’m a film love, one of dreams is not to direct a Godzilla movie but to be inside the costume and destroy the cities. I want to be the guy in the costume.

Just like Tim Burton, in fact, who always said that about Godzilla too. And I’d be very surprised if the idea hasn’t passed through Guillermo Del Toro’s mind from time to time.

Look for our review of Open Windows in the coming days. Vigalondo also has a section in VHS Viral, premiering at Frightfest tomorrow night.

Anne Hathaway to star in COLOSSAL, a giant monster movie from Nacho Vigalondo?!?

THR:
Cannes: Anne Hathaway to Star in 'Colossal' (Exclusive)
From Voltage Pictures, the movie is described as 'Godzilla' meets 'Lost in Translation.'
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: "Hatha-Hate-2012"

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:50 pm

YouTube: How Anne Hathaway Became The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
YouTube: Anne Hathaway Addresses Her Haters
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Anne Hathaway is GODZILLA! #COLOSSAL

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 am

THR 03/29/2017:
Anne Hathaway Sends Her "Freak Flag Flying" With Monster Movie 'Colossal'
Jenna Marotta wrote:People are still having trouble believing that Anne Hathaway — noted lover of rom-coms, show tunes (she won an Oscar for Les Misérables) and Kate Middleton — made a monster movie.

"I’ve gotten a lot of questions today, people being like, ‘Oh, this is a departure for you,’" Hathaway told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday night at the New York premiere of Colossal, wearing a black gown outfitted with a crinoline panel that — from certain angles — obscured the bottom half of her face. “I sort of feel like [it’s] a coming home. I think I’m probably a lot weirder on the inside than I’ve let out, so maybe this is the beginning of the freak flag flying.”
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Anne Hathaway is GODZILLA! #COLOSSAL

Postby Ribbons on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:53 am

This looks nuts in all the right ways. I'm a fan of Nacho Vigalondo's other two films as well
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Anne Hathaway is Richard Pryor, COLOSSAL & Barbie!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:37 pm

[url]THR 7/26/2017:[/url]
Amy Schumer Responds to Anne Hathaway 'Barbie' Swap
Schumer was originally attached to the project but had to drop out over "scheduling conflicts."

Amy Schumer says that Anne Hathaway would make a "perfect" Barbie.

Schumer was originally attached to star in the Sony movie, which is described as a fish-out-of-water tale about a woman who slowly awakens to the fact that she doesn’t fit into the perfect land of Barbies and journeys to the real world.

The comedian dropped out in March over "scheduling conflicts." In an Instagram post, Schumer gave her blessing to Hathaway, who is the frontrunner for the role but still has not negotiated a deal.

Australian director Alethea Jones is in talks to direct the movie, which is being produced by Amy Pascal and has a June 29, 2018, release date.

AICN Aug. 11, 2014:
Is Anne Hathaway The Frontrunner To Play Richard Pryor For Lee Daniels???
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Movie News