Juurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Juurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

holy shit, I can't believe there isn't a thread for this already, or if there is why it isn't on the first page of threads which goes back to last summer.

just saw a new tv spot and the more they show the more it feels like this is going to be a Jurassic World meets Resident Evil mashup, where much of the action takes place inside a super-secret high-tech facility, which I don't think is that great of an idea. I know they are probably thinking that placing the dinosaurs in an environment that is far from their "natural" environment will somehow add a novelty aspect but I think all it does is makes it all less able to affect the viewers and will fail at the old "suspension of disbelief" because of it.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Juurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm

I've worked on this film and heard stories of other extras on it. I don't think it's happening in a contained environment as you say.

it certainly gets off the fucking island finally (apparently the island scene is only in the beginning) and it involves how these animals are integrated into our society on our different countries, or at least the attempt or beginning of doing this.

We all have heard about the armed soldier Dinos which I think this story is covering but there's more human interaction going on than this too.

My scene involved rich businessmen from all around the world at a massive auction who were bidding on the dinosaurs to buy them for their own land. This is how far humans have are getting with their interactions. I also know that some or all of these dinosaurs break out and start eating people. There is a scene on a street where lots of film extras are running from a dinosaur, or more.

This is a combination of what I was told and seen, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, as chinese whispers happen all the time.

But from what I gather and have proof of, this is a much wider scale story than what we're used to or what some may assume of this film. With JA Bayona directing this who did the highly affecting A Monster Calls and did an amazing job on The Impossible and The Orphanage, I think we are in the hands of a respectful and intelligent director who may just deliver a film which will surprise a lot of us and make us eat our words.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 pm

that sounds a lot better than what the trailers and tv spots here seem to be portraying

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Peven wrote:that sounds a lot better than what the trailers and tv spots here seem to be portraying

It's why I'm very pissed off with the advertising so far - if my predictions are correct about this film. As there is already a backlash against "Yet another island full of Dinos" which has put off a large % of potential audience for this film, I sense, when in possible fact this is gonna be a very different film for them. But if advertising doesn't hurry up and tell these people that, then this alternative Dinosaur story is gonna be wasted on them and won't get the audience it may deserve.

2 fucking trailers already - and there's not much more than a hint of what is really going on in this story, from what I gather. Fuxake guys, pull your finger out and show us the wider scale script which I have been given reason to believe exists, or a large number of people won't bother turning up to see it.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

sounds like Jurassic World Z
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:23 pm

I think we're one sequel away from this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114658/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_128
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm

That actually sounds like a pretty good story! Similar to one I had about a man and a flying shark.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

look, if they REALLY wanted to show some balls, and make a truly amazing and successful movie to boot, they would go all Planet of the Apes and stay true to the spirit of the title. WORLD. depict a world where mankind are running around scrambling for their lives as a recreation of a Jurassic World unfolds. whip up some story about a corporation trying to monetize all sorts of dna from prehistoric times, bring to life a myriad of flora and fauna that somehow get released into the world, including a virus that devastates the mammalian population, not just humans. within a few years you have small pockets of human survivors scrambling to make it day to day, having survived the virus but now are waaay down the food chain. then, for the sequel, you could jump ahead a few hundred, a few thousand years, take your pick, use a little imagination, and come up with a new evolutionary scenario for earth where humans climb back up to the top of the foodchain but the end result is much different this time and our relationship to the natural environment is completely different.

or maybe that is all just crazy talk and no one would want to see it, who the fuck knows, but it's better than Whoopie getting bent over by a T-rex :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Peven wrote:look, if they REALLY wanted to show some balls, and make a truly amazing and successful movie to boot, they would go all Planet of the Apes and stay true to the spirit of the title. WORLD. depict a world where mankind are running around scrambling for their lives as a recreation of a Jurassic World unfolds. whip up some story about a corporation trying to monetize all sorts of dna from prehistoric times, bring to life a myriad of flora and fauna that somehow get released into the world, including a virus that devastates the mammalian population, not just humans. within a few years you have small pockets of human survivors scrambling to make it day to day, having survived the virus but now are waaay down the food chain. then, for the sequel, you could jump ahead a few hundred, a few thousand years, take your pick, use a little imagination, and come up with a new evolutionary scenario for earth where humans climb back up to the top of the foodchain but the end result is much different this time and our relationship to the natural environment is completely different.

or maybe that is all just crazy talk and no one would want to see it, who the fuck knows, but it's better than Whoopie getting bent over by a T-rex :-P :wink:

I'm envious I didn't come up with this idea myself.

PEVEN NOW RULZ THE ZONE!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm

hey, we could co-write this thing, you can be the Weiss to my Benioff and pitch the idea to HBO as a series!

we'd have to decide what kind of tonality to go with right off the bat, no trying to play middle ground. try to be as "realistic" as possible, or go all Armageddon?

or, as a third option, we could go all old style Edgar Rice Burroughs Journey to the Center of the Earth modernized cheese

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Movie News