Post-apocalyptic Movies

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Post-apocalyptic Movies

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 am

Over the last few days I've watched trailers for a few "post-apocalyptic" movies, and thought the genre could use its own topic (note: I consider the zombie apocalypse a separate genre).

I'll start it off with a few:

How It Ends, Netflix series staring Random-Good-Looking Guy and Forrest Whitaker. I just can’t understand the love Whitaker gets. He seems to be sleepwalking thru every role I’ve ever seen him in. I guess that’s just his style (or maybe its just his lazy eye), but it rubs me the wrong way. This looks dumb as fuck btw.

Mandy, starring Nic Cage. I don’t think “bat-shit crazy” ever described something better than this.

The Domestics, staring Random-Good-Looking Guy and Kate ‘The Box’ Bosworth.

Looks like a cross between The Road Warrior and The Warriors.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Post-apocalyptic Movies

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:38 am

so sorry wrote:I just can’t understand the love Whitaker gets. He seems to be sleeping thru every role I’ve ever seen him in.

FTFY
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: Post-apocalyptic Movies

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:56 pm

there is a late 60's/early 70's type societal vibe at work right now and movies that explore the after-effects of a paradigm-changing event are a result, just like they were then

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Movie News