X-Men Dark Phoenix

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

X-Men Dark Phoenix

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm

I never really liked any of the X-men movies, I definitely lost track of them and all the back and forth time travel/which decade business, so I have no idea what's going on in this one, other than Sansa really seems to be in full-on menstral cycle.

Oh, and the best line from the trailer is "Charles, your always sorry and you always have a speech and no one ever cares" is a little too on the nose.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: X-Men Dark Phoenix

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Charles IS a douche, and who knows how many mutants girls he's had his way with then wiped their memory the way he did with Sansa? a school, yeah right....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Well, this looks better than their last attempt at the Dark Phoenix story, but I worry Sansa doesn't really have the punky power to pull off a decent performance.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:37 am

Ribbons wrote:Well, this looks better than their last attempt at the Dark Phoenix story, but I worry Sansa doesn't really have the punky power to pull off a decent performance.

Also the fact that there's been so little character development with her Jean Grey to care. I'll be honest - Apocalypse was so underwhelming that I don't even remember it.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:01 pm

i am getting a Twilight vibe from this, I think they're going for the same demographic

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Fievel wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Well, this looks better than their last attempt at the Dark Phoenix story, but I worry Sansa doesn't really have the punky power to pull off a decent performance.

Also the fact that there's been so little character development with her Jean Grey to care. I'll be honest - Apocalypse was so underwhelming that I don't even remember it.

That's one of the problems with this X-Men franchise, where continuity is a thing but also not a thing. The only reason we would care about the girl who was barely in Apocalypse turning "evil" in the next one is because we're supposed to remember the character played by a different actress from other movies.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Fievel wrote:

That's one of the problems with this X-Men franchise, where continuity is a thing but also not a thing. The only reason we would care about the girl who was barely in Apocalypse turning "evil" in the next one is because we're supposed to remember the character played by a different actress from other movies.

Huh? So the original Jean Grey from X1/2 is in the same "universe" as this Jean Grey, but just a few decades earlier? Its not a reboot?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Yeah. Days From Future Past linked the two teams together.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Al Shut on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:53 am

I'll have to admitt I lost track along the way.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Return to Movie News