Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (the 9th QT flick)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (the 9th QT flick)

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (the 9th QT flick)

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Tarantino just gets better and better, that trailer promises another feast for the eyes. I remember at the beginning of his career when "shot fast, shoot cheap" was part of his thing, along with his buddy Rodriguez, and what carried the movies was the dialogue and erratic plot lines, but has evolved movie to movie, and since Kill Bill he has been pushing himself more and more to provide visuals as rich and textured as the characters he creates.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 am

I am loving how normal this looks.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pm

I like that this trailer really doesn't tell us much about the movie, I also like pretty much anything that shows Margo Robbie.

Thought that Brad sounded a little too Inglorious Basterds-y, but admittedly it was from one line of dialogue, so who knows.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:28 pm

it is funny you mention Inglorious Basterds because the more I watch the trailer and read about the movie the more I think Tarantino is going for one of his "alternate timeline" stories here. as he put it, a story that takes place in a movie in one of his other movies. a cinematic world inside a cinematic world. using the La Bianca murders as a centerpiece event provides him a fantastic setting to tell one of his stories; a "what if" . i am guessin that Pitt and DiCaprio end up going against the Manson gang in some bloody scene where Charlie is killed. but then who knows, the possibilities are wide open.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Wed May 22, 2019 12:11 pm

New/final trailer. I'm guessing he plays with history here like he did in Basterds... Sharon Tate lives thru this one and Manson gets his (really, REALLY, bloody) ending.

I'm down with that, but something kinda icky about the subject matter (of a gruesome terrible tragedy, written in a comedic way). Again, no different than how I should have felt about the comedic treatment of the nazis in Basterds, but just feels different to me.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm

It's different to the Nazi treatment in that film because it was about the bad guys getting treated in that 'comedic' or parodying mocking way, and it resulted in the master of Evil, Hitler, being killed and good triumphing more than it did in real life.

We're not talking about the murder of innocents there, but with the Manson murders, we are.

You either get the clarifying truth from me, or Peven. You choose whose cock you wanna suck in gratitude.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:We're not talking about the murder of innocents there, but with the Manson murders, we are.

Except for, you know, the 6 million jews. :roll:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed May 22, 2019 5:29 pm

so sorry wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:We're not talking about the murder of innocents there, but with the Manson murders, we are.

Oh my God don't you guys get it? Inglorious Basterds took the piss out of Hitler, not the jews, and it killed Hitler, not the jews, and in doing so - you know, SAVED the jews. It's not taking the piss out of Jews at all is it? Or the people that the Nazis killed. It just depicts the Nazis, significantly the top brass, being killed.

Fuxake the stupidity of people and their level of argument really makes my mind boggle.

Peven, explain it to them...
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
so sorry wrote:

Oh my God don't you guys get it? Inglorious Basterds took the piss out of Hitler, not the jews, and it killed Hitler, not the jews, and in doing so - you know, SAVED the jews. It's not taking the piss out of Jews at all is it? Or the people that the Nazis killed. It just depicts the Nazis, significantly the top brass, being killed.

Fuxake the stupidity of people and their level of argument really makes my mind boggle.

Peven, explain it to them...

bah, you're still just pissed about that time you had to stop McCoy from saving your girlfriend so that the Nazis would lose.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu May 23, 2019 3:25 pm

so sorry wrote:

i see your :roll: and raise you :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

there were at least 11 million people killed in those camps. 6 million were Jewish. so you failed to be aware of or recognize about half the people that died in the Nazi's concentration camps but you're going to try to play the smarmy moralistic holier than thou card on this. classy. :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 pm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/quentin-tarantino-margot-robbie-cannes_n_5ce68b42e4b0db9c2993b622

see, this is a case of the garbage entertainment "press" I referred to over in the GoT thread.

firstly, the garbage question asked by the passive aggressively dishonest "journalist" with a grudge who asked the question that is akin to "have you stopped beating your wife, and why or why not?" as if she thinks she is so clever by carefully phrasing her question to automatically put Tarantino in a defensive position no matter how he replied. too bad for her he is a little smarter than that and saw the bullshit question for what it was and refused to play her petty little game. ok, no biggie. but then the entertainment "press" decided to jump on the faux journalist's bandwagon and started running stories slanted like this one above without showing any recognition of the syntax of her question, creating a completely false story throwing shade on Tarantino's character. i'm not going to diagram her question out to show how it is clearly bullshit because I shouldn't have to, it is as plain as day, if someone listens to it and doesn't hear it that just shows how little they understand the English language.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Outrage is far more profitable, Peven.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Fri May 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Wolfpack wrote:Outrage is far more profitable, Peven.

hey, you know me, I'm all for outrage as long as it is sincere and justified. :wink:

this was neither

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Movie News