IT Chapter 2

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

IT Chapter 2

Postby so sorry on Thu May 09, 2019 12:28 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: IT Chapter 2

Postby Peven on Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm

that reminds me, I never did get around to seeing part 1. i'll have to make sure I check it out, this looks alright

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 09, 2019 3:53 pm

i didn't realize Pennywise was Jack Torrance
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Fri May 10, 2019 5:16 am

Peven wrote:that reminds me, I never did get around to seeing part 1. i'll have to make sure I check it out, this looks alright

I wonder how it would feel if you don't. After all much of the characters have some sort of amnesia and don't remember the first movie either.

Trailer looks good, except for the tiny part where IT walks across the room behind Beverly's back, which looked like it came straight out a SCARY MOVIE.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Fri May 10, 2019 8:47 am

Al Shut wrote:Trailer looks good, except for the tiny part where IT walks across the room behind Beverly's back, which looked like it came straight out a SCARY MOVIE.

But... IT is a SCARY MOVIE!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 pm

so sorry wrote:
Al Shut wrote:Trailer looks good, except for the tiny part where IT walks across the room behind Beverly's back, which looked like it came straight out a SCARY MOVIE.

But... IT is a SCARY MOVIE!

But is it a SCARY MOVIE or is it a:

Image?
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 am

Al Shut wrote:I wonder how it would feel if you don't. After all much of the characters have some sort of amnesia and don't remember the first movie either.

That would be an interesting experiment!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Fievel wrote:
Al Shut wrote:I wonder how it would feel if you don't. After all much of the characters have some sort of amnesia and don't remember the first movie either.

That would be an interesting experiment!

i wonder how much the amnesia will play into the 2nd film. a lot of the book is them sitting around a library table slowly remembering and retelling to each other the stories of what had happened back when they were kids. obviously that device wouldn't work so well on film, and is probably why they split it up into the kid-focused 1st movie and the adult-focused 2nd one. maybe one day in the future we'll get a supercut where the two films are spliced together to alternate between the two different time periods, to be more like the book.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Fri May 17, 2019 1:30 pm

TheBaxter wrote: maybe one day in the future we'll get a supercut where the two films are spliced together to alternate between the two different time periods, to be more like the book.

I doubt there will be enough liberary footage for that. You can't spend much time on them sitting around trying to remember a movie that everybody except Peven has seen and still remembers.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Al Shut wrote:
TheBaxter wrote: maybe one day in the future we'll get a supercut where the two films are spliced together to alternate between the two different time periods, to be more like the book.

I doubt there will be enough liberary footage for that. You can't spend much time on them sitting around trying to remember a movie that everybody except Peven has seen and still remembers.

yeah, i think it would depend on how they handle the amnesia aspect. will they be running around Derry remembering shit while other scary shit is happening to them? there may already be flashbacks to the first film incorporated into those sequences, which could then be expanded to whole scenes from the first film. then again, i'm still waiting for Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair so i probably shouldn't get my hopes up.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Return to Movie News