Terminator: Dark Fate

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Terminator: Dark Fate

Postby so sorry on Thu May 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Featuring the most benign looking evil terminator ever.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Terminator: Dark Fate

Postby Wolfpack on Fri May 24, 2019 5:04 pm

I still can't believe Linda Hamilton isn't Steven Tyler.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Fri May 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Wolfpack wrote:I still can't believe Linda Hamilton isn't Steven Tyler.

Tyler has never had muscles like that

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Are you saying the lady looks like a dude?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Cautiously optimistic about this. This is very much in tone with T2 I think, which makes perfect sense with Cameron involved.

I don't understand the Arnold/T800 in this one though. Is it the human that the T800 was based on (like we saw in T3), or is it an aging T800 (somehow).

This one might get me in the theater... seeing T2 on the big screen is one of my most cherished college experiences.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:38 am

I'm a little bit biased because I've long said that the Terminator franchise needs to end, but this looks aggressively meh. That said, I wouldn't be above watching it while drunk on an airplane.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:36 am

no imagination was put into this at all, they are obviously repurposing shit the series has already done. blech. if they wanted to don something different they could have a "Terminator" sent back that is fundamentally different in it's purpose instead of just beefing up the powers of the same character movie after movie. stop trying to see how butch you can make Linda Hamilton, a once very attractive woman, and give her some real agency as a character instead of just being a living reaction to the violence perpetrated by Ahnold. none of the sequels are as good as the original, and that is because they are more in love with the terminator and the kewl tech and wowzers cgi instead of the human aspect of the story which is what made the original so compelling.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Ribbons wrote:I'm a little bit biased because I've long said that the Terminator franchise needs to end

I'm with you there, along with the Aliens franchise. But like I said, I've got some love for the first two movies so that's why I'm hoping this one at least makes me smile.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Return to Movie News