Don't Look Now remake

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Don't Look Now remake

Postby judderman on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:14 pm

I haven't heard of this since 2015; it seems to have gone to ground after Donald Sutherland's withering takedown of the concept. The same guys are still shopping around for an Escape From New York remake, but the Don't Look Now remake seems to have gone completely dark. I have to assume it's happening though; there simply aren't that many horror films left to remake. Presumably they'll wait until Donald Sutherland is dead.

Thing is, I don't see how you could possibly remake it. I mean not in an ethical or artistic sense, I mean physically. Don't Look Now is not a complex story; it's basically a short story spread out to 110 minutes. Aside from a shot-for-shot take ala Gus Van Sant's Psycho, how could you even do it?
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Re: Don't Look Now remake

Postby so sorry on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Never heard of this movie, just checked it out on imdb.

Who gives a hoot what Donald Southerland's take on a remake is????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:41 pm

I was positive this bump was going to have something to do with Last Night in Soho, which is basically Edgar Wright's unofficial remake of Don't Look Now. Instead so sorry reached deep into the archives for a sick Donald Sutherland burn.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Movie News