Dancing Yoda

Betamax and beyond

Star Wars Episode III DVD Details + A CGI Yoda For Ep.I?

Postby Eric G on Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:53 pm

The centerpiece of the bonus materials is "Within a Minute," a newly produced feature that offers unprecedented insight into the complexity of creating a single 49-second sequence of "Revenge of the Sith." From pre-production artists to costume designers, from camera operators to make-up artists, from sound designers to musicians, "Within a Minute" showcases the massive amount of work that goes into one short sequence. This one-of-a-kind journey was created from more than 600 hours of material gathered throughout the process of making "Revenge of the Sith" and is hosted by Episode III's producer, Rick McCallum.
In addition to "Within a Minute," the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD offers a host of special features that illuminate the process of creating the epic interstellar adventure. Among them are deleted scenes that bring new perspective to the Star Wars saga.

Follow the link for more info: http://www.fi-sci.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=311&Itemid=44

On the same site you will find ILM test shots for a CGI Yoda which will be seen on the Episode III DVD.
Last edited by Eric G on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Bean on Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:55 pm

Do we have a new JOSHUA?
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:14 pm

Hey Bean if he's coming up with the goods don't knock him.

This is interesting.

From that piece of shit puppet (I love original Yoda puppet btw), To this (presumably for the 3D version)

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:22 pm

That is an immense improvement...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Eric G on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:29 pm

Sorry if I pissed anyone off....thought you may enjoy the news :?

I despised that "thing" is Episode 1. Sure Yoda would have been YEARS younger, but that doesn't mean they had to turn him into a freak! I was highly dissapointed that Frank Oz was not the puppeteer for Yoda in Ep.1..... could anybody tell the difference?
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:01 am

His eyes scared me.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:00 am

why for the 3d version and not the upcoming re-release of ep. 1? not enough time? for all we know, they could have re-done the scenes over the last couple years.

and what will happen to poor yaddle? will they re-do her?
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:02 am

I'd hit it...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby jobo on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:09 am

You rock Eric. Good stuff. Keep em coming.

I'm curious if there will be the same uprising of Star Wars geeks who want to keep Episode I just like it was when they first saw it in the theater.

I personally consider myself a hard core geek and I really like most of the fixes that Lucas has put into the films from release to release. A consistent Yoda will be nice. Maybe the announcer at the podrace can get a redesign while he is at it.
jobo
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:45 am

Most of the DVD deleted scenes listed sound boring and even unnecessary. Prepare to be dissapointed.

I STILL think a LOTR stlye inserted deleted scenes would make this movie far more rewarding and perfect. But we'll never get it. Better character exposition, fully explained story, longer action and lightsabre sequences - damn.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:28 am

Eric G wrote:Sorry if I pissed anyone off....thought you may enjoy the news :?

Eric, you're definitely not pissing anyone off, this is all interesting news, keep it up! :D

Agreed 100% about Ep I Yoda, by the way. A major disappointment given Oz's masterful performance in ESB and (to a lesser extent, obviously) ROTJ. Hopefully they can fix it.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:28 am

Too bad nobody told Oz to rewatch TESB - then maybe he would have realised why <i>"around the survivors a perimeter create"</i> is most probably the worst line in the entire SW saga, worse even than <i>"if master Obi-Wan caught me doing this, he'd be very grumpy"</i> AAAAAAAaaaargh!!

Fair enough, some of the prequels' CGI could use a little polishing, but what is really needed is a redub.

Sorry; I'm a marine biologist, I call 'em like I see 'em.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:40 pm

Cheers Eric, really interesting............ from one glib to another - where do you stand on ROTS? I cried as I left the cinema......tears of sorrow........
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:48 pm

Sorrow that it was a over, or a the sorrow at a the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" ?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:15 pm

Both, I wager.

But, more latter than the former, I also wager.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby doglips on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:16 pm

Sorrow because it was rather unfortunately 'a bag of da shit ' as you would say Dino............the 'NOOOOOOOOOOO' at the end left me feeling highly embarrassed, it seemed more like a spoof than a real movie....I have said this before on another TB, Vader should have said nothing throughout that entire sequence......his body language usually does the trick, that mask always seemed so emotive till spannerkin got his hands on it..............
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:23 pm

I actually like the NOOOOOOOOOOO bit.

It made sense.

:D
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby darthevilbob on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:27 pm

I've never had a problem with the Nooooo bit?

What did you want him to say exactly?

SHIIITTTTTT
FUCCCKKK
OWWW THIS CODPIECE IS CHAFFING MY BALLS!!
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:29 pm

he should have just lowered his head.

and said nothing.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:29 pm

I actually like the NOOOOOOOOOOO bit.

It made sense.

Why yes, if you were irreversibly cynical you might even say, that it summed up the whole movie...but only if you were irreversibly cynical that is.

:twisted:
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:31 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
was actually quite moving, and lended the doomed love tragedy emotional devastation to the whole story. :D

Oh, my other Screenplay thread.

It's falling. It's FALLIIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby dimnix on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:31 pm

looking at that comparison picture (the ep1 puppet and the new CGI yoda), its still clear that ILM are very hit and miss...recently they've done some great work in WOTW and there were a few shots in episode 3 which were wonderfully photoreal...but just look at those two photos and try to spot the difference...

the CGI yoda looks so soft, and especially his hair - the puppet yoda's hair seems solid, you can see actual strands of it reflecting the light. CGI yoda's hair is all fluffy and translucent like a cloud.
dimnix
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:31 pm

I didn't mind the no. Star Wars started a long tradition of cheeseball NOOOOOs, so what the fuck. Nice to see it go out on another cheeseball NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:32 pm

i wasn't just the no, it was the thrusting his hands in the air as the camera craned up.

it's the kind of shot that is used ONLY in parody.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 pm

I liked it. I masturbate thinking about it 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes as many as 6 times.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby darthevilbob on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:38 pm

I had not problem with the NOOOOOO!

the rest of the movie though.....
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby doglips on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:42 pm

So was your big man sore after Obi-Wans 'NOOOOOOOOO' in the PM...........That has to be at least a 12 wank NO..... :wink:
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby darthevilbob on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:44 pm

actuallly ROTS would have been better if Burl Ives had done the music, now im not saying it would have made as much money.

But at least it would have been interesting..
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:46 pm

You boys are taking the piss now.

I meant it when I said I liked it. You lot are just laughing at me.

Maybe he should have go "YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!" and had a quick wank about how good he sadistically great he felt about wearing all that black kink get up to complete the S&M feel, after he fucked her up.

By the way, does anyone think in ESB that Luke sorta goes, "DOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH" more than his pop's NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!.

What d'ya think?
Yes? Or

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I liked it. I masturbate thinking about it 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes as many as 6 times.

Fine.

I'll admit...

I masturbated to it once...

But with sand. Because it gets everywhere.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby dimnix on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 pm

I didnt mind the NOOOOOO! as much as I was expecting to. It sounded horrible in the early reviews, but in the film it wasnt so bad. It seems weird and out of place, but it's not embarassingly awful.

I definetely woulda preffered they did something else though...maybe had his breathing go really fast, erratic, and have the room properly rip itself apart instead of just a few things bursting open.
dimnix
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:51 pm

I know, I know!

He should have gone, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

for like a minute.

then take a pause and gone, "Nooooooooooooooooooooo!"

and then take another pause, then give the emperor a look, and the emperor would have said, "No."

and then vader would say, "No?"

emperor: no.

then vader would go, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

That'd kick ass.
Last edited by bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby darthevilbob on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:54 pm

they should have just done a homer simpson:

DOH!
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:03 pm

But what about later, when it comes to the time when he has to take a leak.

"Where is the Zipper? I have to

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:12 pm

haha

emperor: lord vader, you have the best dragonboat in the fleet.
vader: thank you my lord. Men, ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:23 pm

OK, OK, what other posters are out there, looking at all their letter keys on there keyboard, looking for the best word to rhyme with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

What about if Anakin was a Hip Hop rapper motherfucker ya'll NOOOOOOO what I'm saying Homes? His hair all singed, and crispy like a bucket a KFC chicken 'n' sheet?

Lay it on me brother, Vader would have sounded off with a massive shout to his crew...

My AfROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motherfucker.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:52 pm

Nooooo sucked ass, stop trying to argue the opposite!

I would have prefered a whiney "awww shit!"
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby bluebottle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:09 pm

or a simple, "crap".
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Perhaps he should have spazzed out like Will Ferrel.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?!?! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! PADME IS DEAD???????? OH MY GOD"
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Eric G on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:05 am

A few questions to answer here! OK....Where do i stand on ROTS? I rate it as the second possibly third best Star Wars movie behind Empire Strikes Back (being 1st) and A New Hope (hard choice). If you read my article on "Inside Star Wars" at Fi-Sci.net you will get the idea of my take on ROTS and the prequels....

"Ray Canella's statement "I don't think Star Wars needs to be sold on Special Effects and high technology," is something that I believe also and is probably one of the main reasons for the backlash Lucas and Lucasfilm received after the prequels were released. Too many people were under the impression that Lucas was making scenes with the hidden message "Look! Look at what we can do now!" and forgetting about the "Classic" story that was once Star Wars. It was also not as easy to identify with the characters in the prequels as it was in the Original Trilogy and it turn, the emotional connection was not there. I believed that I would shed a tear at the site of Obi Wan tearing down Anakin, but that was not the case. I just did not feel anything. The novel brought more emotions out of me than the movie did, and I think that was due to the writing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Original Trilogy and the prequels, but the two are no comparison."
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:27 pm

Eric G wrote:A few questions to answer here! OK....Where do i stand on ROTS? I rate it as the second possibly third best Star Wars movie behind Empire Strikes Back (being 1st) and A New Hope (hard choice). If you read my article on "Inside Star Wars" at Fi-Sci.net you will get the idea of my take on ROTS and the prequels....

"Ray Canella's statement "I don't think Star Wars needs to be sold on Special Effects and high technology," is something that I believe also and is probably one of the main reasons for the backlash Lucas and Lucasfilm received after the prequels were released. Too many people were under the impression that Lucas was making scenes with the hidden message "Look! Look at what we can do now!" and forgetting about the "Classic" story that was once Star Wars. It was also not as easy to identify with the characters in the prequels as it was in the Original Trilogy and it turn, the emotional connection was not there. I believed that I would shed a tear at the site of Obi Wan tearing down Anakin, but that was not the case. I just did not feel anything. The novel brought more emotions out of me than the movie did, and I think that was due to the writing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Original Trilogy and the prequels, but the two are no comparison."

Yeah bwoy, there should have been more emotion and 'don't do this' tragedy to the duel between Obi and Anakin, a bit like at the end of Heat, where Vincent Hanna and Neil McCauley are shooting at each other, and you just don't want this to be happening.

BUT, there was definitley this feeling you're hoping for at the end of the fight, where Obi Wan is delivering his heart break as Anakin burns. Were we expecting this? Thing is ROTS, falls short of expectations whilst surpassing them in other areas - Anakin kills Padme - and children? - WTF!!!???

What I came here to say anyway, was that, say what you want about ROTS, but Palpatine/Sidious played by Ian McDiarmid was fucking incredible. He gave that film so much power, making it a much and greater and psychological film than it would have been without him. People sorta take this for granted, and the brilliance of this, whatever your views on other parts of the film, is undeniable.

He was the reason I went to see it for another viewing. Watch him real closely, it gives the film so much more intelligence and maturity. You know, ROTS contains the best performance out of all the SW films. Was you expecting this much from Palpatine in this film?

The line "I AM THE SENATE!" creeps the shit out of me and immediatley puts the film into another dimension. Shows why he's so powerful and one of the best on screen villains.

Right I'm done talking like a film critique ass kissing wanker. I'm off to chuck some chairs at my girlfriend in our 'play' fights, just like Sidious throwing Senate Pods at Yoda. It scares the shit outta her, how evil and powerful I can decide to be.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:52 pm

Still gutted that the beginning Space Battle was too short though.

DAMNIT! HOW CAN I GET OVER IT!!!!!!!?!???????????!?!??!?!!?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Dancing Yoda

Postby darthevilbob on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:17 pm

Lucas shows us once more why he's the king of mirth with this hilarious video of yoda doing some rappdiash dancing. (oh dear)

yeah we'll all be rushing out to buy the dvd to get this "bonus" (no dont redit the Qui Gonn Scene back in!)

I was going to upload the whole video, but i thought lucasfilm might object?/Sue me?

enjoy (no really)
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:22 pm

yeah, good one lucas. gotta make me regret every single dime i pump into your franchise.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:25 pm

Funny, this video will be.

Weeps, baby Jesus does.
Last edited by ONeillSG1 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:32 pm

Stick it up the poopshoot I will.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:51 pm

According to Supershadow.com, the dancing Yoda was going to be in the actual film, in earlier post production stages, and maybe even a farting Yoda.

SS can speak bollox, so let's hope at least that this it story's bollox too, though I wouldn't put it past George Lucas to actually have wanted this scene.

By the way, earlier in Toys R Us, I went to buy a toy teddy Yoda for my aging rapidly dog. Right out of the blue, I blatantly asked a Sales girl there, 'Do you have a Teddy Yoda?' thinking the sudden request would shock her, only for her to say, 'Well, we have an electronic one that says 5oo phrases' which totally blew me away. So there's this toy that tells you the story of all 6 films, tests your Star wars knowledge by asking you questions, and you can even ask Yoda 'yes' or 'no' questions yourself to test his wisdom. Completely interactive, brilliant and only £30. So I got it for my niece and nephew for Christmas. If you get the chance I suggest you pick one up.

I also bumped into a girl that I fancied who is still there, since the time when I was working there 13 years ago. How can someone be in a that job for so long? I just hope my devil like redhead manageress is still there. Damn, how her scary, powerful, evilness turned me on. To this day, I still wank about the time when she fired my ass.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:50 am

Sometimes I wonder if Lucas himself is the biggest SW-hater of all
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Agent Alonzo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:54 am

Isn't that the backing band from Robert Palmer's addicted to love video?
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Coldfire24 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:41 am

You know the more I think about it. I hope the new star wars tv show is a kids show. So yoda would be all like hey "Brought to you by the letter I today is" and i'd pretty much love it....tequila...
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Next

Return to DVD / Blu-ray