The Sith's About To Hit The Fans... AGAIN!

Betamax and beyond

Will You Be Gettin' Your Sith On This Tuesday?

Yes! I loved it more than sand!
67%
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
24%
Meesa dontsa knowsa thinkee dinkee doosa!!! HELPSA!!!
10%

Total votes : 21

The Sith's About To Hit The Fans... AGAIN!

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:30 am

Episode 3 is about to hit the fans again on Tuesday. I know I'll be happy to watch the GOOD prequel again and again in my happy zombie home! I loved me some Epsode 3! (That being said, I am convinced that that TPM and AOTC practical jokes. Either that or beta tests of LFLs CGI compooters.)

Anyways, will you be running out to buy it on Tuesday or do you already have it? Will you buy two copies (one to watch, and one to lock in a sealed vault) or did you think it sucked and you want your childhood back (in its original unmolested packaging)?

Discuss!

(P.S. Feel free to let the hate and/or love flow through you!)
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:44 am

I'm not in a hurry to see it again, I saw it twice in the Cinema & the second viewing was enough for now, I'll pick it up when it's going really cheap.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:02 pm

John-Locke wrote:I'm not in a hurry to see it again, I saw it twice in the Cinema & the second viewing was enough for now, I'll pick it up when it's going really cheap.

So you didn't like it, then? Or just "meh" on it?
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:09 pm

I liked it fine, I have some issues like everyone else (NOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Lost the Will to Live, Wookies were unused, No Qui Gon, No Darth Vader kicking ass) I't just that I'm not in a hurry to see the story again, I'll probably wait until the new year to see it again, give it some time to feel fresh.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:35 pm

Wal-Mart has an exclusive bonus disc packaged with Ep 3 called The Story of Star Wars. Anybody know if that's something new or something out of the OT box that's been repackaged? Looks like this.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:43 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Wal-Mart has an exclusive bonus disc packaged with Ep 3 called The Story of Star Wars. Anybody know if that's something new or something out of the OT box that's been repackaged? Looks like this.

Hmm... that's weird. I don't have any idea. Looks like its something totally separate from the OT box bonus DVD... interesting... (probably just a bunch of filler, though...)
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:52 pm

I'm with JL on this really, I saw it once and don't feel the need to see it again for a good while. Anakin's turn did not work and that really ruined it for me.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:55 pm

Not only will I buy this and find a way to watch it without power, but I will watch it over and over again filling up the rest of my pathetic existence with Anakin's chest and a powerful haunting, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:08 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Not only will I buy this and find a way to watch it without power, but I will watch it over and over again filling up the rest of my pathetic existence with Anakin's chest and a powerful haunting, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

LOL! but was that really Vaderkins chest or a CGI composite???

btw, glad to hear yer okay Burl. (i kinda missed the boat with the whole, "Burl might get swept away by a hurricane" thang).
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:17 pm

Thanks ZZS.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bean on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:23 pm

I have the high-def DVD rip that came out the day the movie premiered.. but I really want those extras!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby vicious_bastard on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:29 pm

Bean wrote:I have the high-def DVD rip that came out the day the movie premiered.. but I really want those extras!

Me too. Not for full price though. I will wait until it gets cheaper.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby Adam Balm on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:35 pm

I got this as well. Watched it til I was sick of it. Then watched it again.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bean on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:46 pm

Yeah even though I had to keep switching between the three disks, I must've watched it a thousand times.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:48 pm

Yeah, I'll be buying and watching, then bitching, crying and watching again...........At least I will be able to watch Obi and Anakin battle in slow motion, thus finally working out WTF is going on during that scene...............
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MasterWhedon on Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:07 pm

I'll be buying it day one, and probably Batman Begins as well.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby darthevilbob on Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:31 pm

Didn't hate the film, OK for one watch, however, it bored the pants off me the second time in the cinema. The fights were shit and there were no suprises / shocks.

I also didn't like the new cross fades they (lucas) used , looked ike they edited with windows movie maker).

There was a good scene in the deleted clips where Anakin and Obi discuss battle plans silently, by doing little strokes on their faces. (ok that just makes it sound like half their faces dropped now and again or some sort of homoerotic fantasy (go burl!), watch the clip and you'll understand- i hope)
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby docfalken on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:05 pm

Anakins nipples didn't look real. They were just too perfect. I mean he's the male equivalent to Gretchen Mol.

I'm totally getting the DVD at midnight on Tuesday. My family and I have a fun night of junk food and Ep. III planned.

The first time I saw Ep III I saw it in a crowd of film geeks who spent a big chunk of time booing and hissing when people came on screen and spoke. The next night I saw it with a 12 year old boy neighbor of mine and we had a blast. I think the film holds up if seen from young eyes. Fuck Joseph Campbell, these stories are for the youth, anyone who takes them more serious than that has too much time on their hands.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:23 pm

docfalken wrote: The next night I saw it with a 12 year old boy neighbor of mine and we had a blast.

heh.

I'm guessing you bought the candy?
or
Doc "I'm going to Sizzler" Falken raped my childhood (literally)!
or
Did we really need to hear about your dating habits?

:lol:
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:49 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:Yeah, I'll be buying and watching, then bitching, crying and watching again

a-fucking-men
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:52 pm

docfalken wrote:Anakins nipples didn't look real. They were just too perfect. I mean he's the male equivalent to Gretchen Mol.

I had to Google her. You're right - like pygmies' cocks.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:12 pm

I'll be getting it at Wal-Mart for the extra disc
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:20 pm

wonkabar wrote:I'll be getting it at Wal-Mart for the extra disc

me too. ill be going against every principle i hold dear, and im going to walmart to get a free bonus disc of filler that im sure will totally suck. im such a fucking whore.l
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:16 am

Brocktune wrote:
wonkabar wrote:I'll be getting it at Wal-Mart for the extra disc

me too. ill be going against every principle i hold dear, and im going to walmart to get a free bonus disc of filler that im sure will totally suck. im such a fucking whore.l

Yeah, I fucking hate Wal-Mart. It is indeed the realm of the beast.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:47 am

4th viewing of this film at the cinema was the most satisying. Hopefully this film will hold up well over time and repeated viewings. Whether the prequels are good or shit, people to tend to be too hard on them in my opinion.

Anyway, if this film was 3 hours long, it would be potentially perfect. All the drastically cut scenes integrated back in. Why the fuck was that opening Space Battle over as soon as it begun. WTF WTF WTF WTF!?!?!?!?!? There is a helluva lot of story to cram into 2 1/2 hours alone. Too epic, too much of an arc. lLucas did a fine job, but it coulda been better. God knows what was cut out of this film apart from the scenes the DVD will re include.

Still, I'll be getting 2 copies for Christmas, 1 for me and 1 for my nephew, where'll watch it togother then I'll beat the shit outta him in a Hasbro Lilghtsabre fight afterwards. YEEAAAHEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I - AM - THE - SEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:23 pm

Locke summed it up for me - I'll get it when it's been reduced to under a tenner......
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to DVD / Blu-ray