X-men 2.5 DVD confirmed.

Betamax and beyond

X-men 2.5 DVD confirmed.

Postby Eric G on Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:44 pm

Source: http://www.fi-sci.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=445&Itemid=44

Mark Millar has confirmed on his message boards, that Fox Home Entertainment is working on a "X-Men 2.5" DVD:

Weird day yesterday. Got up nice and early, but got bugger all done thanks to a chain of events beyond my control. One was a film crew in my office to record them DVD extra bits for the back of X-Men 2.5 and another for the Ultimate Avengers animated movie out in the Spring. Really, really nice guys and loads of interesting question so have a hunch this will work out pretty good. I know Ultimates is out in the Spring, but anyone know when X-Men 2.5 is out? The guys weren't sure, but thought it might be in the shops before Christmas.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:42 pm

So the fuckers give us a solid, though not spectacular, two-disc set on X2 and now they feel compelled to pull a 2.5 on us? X-Men 1.5 made sense, because the single-disc was shit, but this stinks of cash in.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

meh

Postby Mimekiller on Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:33 am

Well this works for me becuase every time I pop in my x-men 2 dvd I always think to myself "I really need some x-men 3 commercials to complete this silver disc" bleh
The Atom Bomb:Made in America, tested in Japan
Mimekiller
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby RapedByKong on Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:47 am

I really disliked x-men2. So this news does nothing for me.
RapedByKong
GLIB

Postby Tubbs Tattsyrup on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:11 am

Ah, I'll probably get it despite finding the "plane jane" X2 discs to be fine. I mean, it'll have X3 stuff on it, it'll come out before X3 does, and yep.

Or just DL the X3 stuff which will inevitably come up here.

But DUDE. X2 was great.
On YouTube or Vimeo.
Tubbs Tattsyrup
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby kortanaskew on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:22 pm

If you got X-men 1.5 at Blockbuster for 15 Bucks when it was first released, then in reality it only cost you 5 for the X2 Movie ticket inside. I mean considering the high price of Tickets nowadays.

If theydo the same with X-men 2.5 Then it'd be allright to pay around 5 bucks for new content on a new DVD. PLus there's the possibility of getting some money back at one of those DVD TRader Joints.

If you do it NOW you maximixe your trade-in cash.
kortanaskew
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheSumOfGod on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:26 pm

This thread needs some Tholians.

;)
"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
TheSumOfGod
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chilli on Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 pm

Here's hoping there's a ten minute documentary/monologue where Singer has a nervous dig at the way they treated him.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Re: X-men 2.5 DVD confirmed.

Postby Theta on Fri May 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Eric G wrote:Mark Millar has confirmed on his message boards, that Fox Home Entertainment is working on a "X-Men 2.5" DVD

Uh, yeah, Mark Millar also "confirmed" that Jim Caviezel was going to play Superman. And how the hell would he know about this anyway?

I'm not skeptical of the info (since Fox is as greedy as any other studio), merely skeptical of the source. Do we have independent confirmation?

EDIT: Next time, I'll check the timestamp on the post. Sorry, Eric. :(

For the record, 'tis bullshit, at least a release before May 26th. It's nowhere on the schedule and we would have heard something more by now.
Last edited by Theta on Fri May 12, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Fri May 12, 2006 6:19 pm

there were tholians in enterprise?!
man, now im a little bummed that i avoided that show like the plague!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Fri May 12, 2006 10:03 pm

I only read about them long after, in an overview piece in CFQ. Funny how they looked so much clearer on Enterprise than in "The Tholian Web." Must have been interference in the 23rd-century communications.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby sleepflower on Mon May 15, 2006 9:15 am

Wasn't the reason for 1.5 because it was basicaly a directors cut?

Was there anything cut out of 2?
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Mon May 15, 2006 10:33 am

Someone said they shot a scene which showed where the Mutants wound up after escaping from the Xavier Institute.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby sleepflower on Mon May 15, 2006 10:33 am

Surely that would just be an extra, not worth enough for another cut surely?
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Mon May 15, 2006 10:38 am

sleepflower wrote:Surely that would just be an extra, not worth enough for another cut surely?

Fox are evil.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby sleepflower on Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am

Chilli wrote:
sleepflower wrote:Surely that would just be an extra, not worth enough for another cut surely?

Fox are evil.

Yeah I realise it would be shoddy to have another box just for a few extras, but I mean it would not constitute a Directors cut. Is there much else that would change if they did?
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Mon May 15, 2006 10:40 am

Well the DVD has a few extra scenes.

I think we get some more Berserker Rage... I remember Wolverine going apeshit on a soldier.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby sleepflower on Mon May 15, 2006 10:41 am

Just for the record, I hated X-men 1, but loved Xmen 2.

Just that scene with wolverine in the truck and the other in the back and how cheesy that scene is.

I really want to watch 1.5 as I hope they dump the cheese and speed up bits and make the whole thing flow better. Is it worth my time?
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Mon May 15, 2006 10:56 am

ROFL

Um... don't buy it. I mean the commentary is good (when it gets going) but the deleted scenes add to the film, and if I remember correctly aren't inserted properly.

There's no cut footage far as I know.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby sleepflower on Mon May 15, 2006 10:59 am

Cheers. See if I can borrow it off of someone. Although when 3 comes out, there will surely be a box set. There a chance of a 6 disc box? I realise it will be a LOOONG way off, but I aint in no rush.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Mon May 15, 2006 11:03 am

Good plan.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby raasnio on Mon May 15, 2006 6:17 pm

Chilli wrote:ROFL

Um... don't buy it. I mean the commentary is good (when it gets going) but the deleted scenes add to the film, and if I remember correctly aren't inserted properly.

There's no cut footage far as I know.

That's for damn sure. You just know that no one bothered to watch it after completion. It's sad really.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Chilli on Mon May 15, 2006 6:31 pm

I love X-Men as a film, but those deleted scenes... well they didn't include that awesome Cyclops one they had in the novelisation... that really, really kicked ass a metaphor for adolescence... and, to me, would've given folk enough to warm towards him more than the film does in its current length.

But they never shot that.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Return to DVD / Blu-ray