Star Wait

Betamax and beyond

Star Wait

Postby Brocktune on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:26 pm

anybody else pick this one up? i guess its a target exclusive, or you can get it online. i picked it up when i picked up Battlefront 2 on tuesday, and watched it last night. Its a documentary about the guys (and gals) from liningup.net, and their 6 week line up before the opening of AOTC in los angeles. its also got some cool extras, in the form of running commentaries by joel and trace from mst3k, paul f tompkins, dana gould, the punk kid who gets his ass kicked etc. as someone who was fanatical enough to wait in an extraordinarily long line, i identified with these nerds. it was surprisingly enjoyable. to tell you the truth, i almost enjoyed my viewing of star wait more than i did my viewing of ep. 3. because (for me at least) this is what star wars is about now. not the crappy prequels themselves, but the getting together that the crappy prequels were the catalyst for. oh well, just wanted to see if anybody else got this, and what your reactions were. i also thought it might be possible that there mightve been a zoner in there somewhere unbeknowenst to myself. probably not, but i thought id mention it.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:53 pm

I picked up "the Story of SW" from Wal-Mart....god it sucked. Star-Wait sounds kinda cool though.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:58 pm

yeah, i got the story of star wars too. i havent watched it yet, but you already told me what was up, so i guess i picked it up just to have it. star wait is only 5 bucks at target i think. you would laugh.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm

Anyone seen Ringers yet? It's advertised all over the comics and sf/fantasy media mags I've seen lately. They compare it to Trekkies, but my understanding is that it's more respectful.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Brocktune on Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:51 pm

i almost went to the "ringers: lord of the fans" panel at comic con last year, but missed it sadly. i will be checking this one out as soon as possible however, as trekkies was comedy gold. and to some degree so was star wait. however, being "more respectful" is dangerous ground to tread. we nerds already run a serious risk of looking ridiculous in public (not that it really matters). a documentary about fans that paints them in too pompous a light could mean disaster in the public eye. or at least mine...
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to DVD / Blu-ray