Carnivale Season Two

Betamax and beyond

Carnivale Season Two

Postby Constant Reader on Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:53 pm

Anyone have an idea when this is coming out on DVD?

CR
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Constant Reader
GLIB

Postby jgraphix on Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:57 pm

Check amazon?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Constant Reader on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:10 pm

jgraphix wrote:Check amazon?

Yep - nothing there except Season One and the soundtrack.

CR
Constant Reader
GLIB

Postby jgraphix on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:11 pm

Hmm...probably no realease date yet then...they are usually on top of that stuff.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby DanielSan on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:45 pm

I've been looking for Season 2 of Carnivale as well. So far no mention of it on HBO.com or HBO's online store - although currently HBO online is selling Season 1 for the incredibly steep price of $99.98!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Constant Reader on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:53 pm

Yeah, rest assured when it finally does come out, the price will be steep. That's the bad thing about HBO - great shows, exorbitant prices.

CR
Constant Reader
GLIB

Postby Shane on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:59 pm

That show was great, and they don't need to do another season, they wouldn't be able to duplicate the quality.

But

I would like to see a made for showtime final film to wrap up all my wuestions, and give me a more dramatic climax.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:13 pm

I hate the turnaround on HBO DVDs, I understand that a lot of the time the wait is just to correspond the DVD release with the new season, and since the time between seasons is so long so is the time between DVD releases. But when there isn't a new season coming up you think they'd speed that up, instead of making us wait a year for stuff like the second season of Carnivale or the fifth season of Six Feet Under. You wouldn't think it'd take a terrible lot of time considering how bare bones these releases usually are.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby dark wesley on Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:14 am

i know what you mean, my guess is it'll be quite a while before carnivale season2 or the wire season 3 comes out on dvd. which sucks the balls. though curb your enthusiasm doesnt seem to have a problem witht that.
i wish my middle name was tiberius.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:48 am

I would like to see a made for showtime final film to wrap up all my wuestions, and give me a more dramatic climax.

Dunno if you read, but HBO did suggest a 2 hour film to wrap up it up, but the producers turned it down, saying it wouldn't do the story justice.

And then there was something mentioned about it possibly being finished in a comic format. Not really my ideal medium to see the conclusion, but I guess it's something :/
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

First season at Target.com for $65.97...And season 2 at...

Postby Ang Lee on Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:03 pm

I LOVE this show.

FYI for those looking for Season 1, Target.com is selling it for $65.97.

[Mod: Edited to remove content that may be construed as piracy -- Pacino86845]

....Green Destiny
Ang Lee
GLIB

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:33 pm

The best thing about Carnivale is that Patrick Bauchau's voice is like 2 lesbians frollicking between satin sheets.. and season 2 was devoid of this for the majority, and just when it looked like they were bringing Lodz back, BOOM! cancelled.. thanks a lot HBO you sheisters.. you'll never be my best friend
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:43 am

BUMP!

I have just finished watching both seasone pretty much back to back.

What a great show!!

I was a little skeptical at first as it was a real slow burner but once things really kicked off i was completely hooked. the second half of season 2 is some of the most entertaining drama I have seen.

The cast all do stella work, especially little Mike, he is my fave. Followed closely by the ever-awesome Clancy Brown

As much as i loved it though I am so fucking frustrated by it to the point of wanting to tear my hear out!. I know it's been said over and over, but why in hell did thay cancel this show?!!?. it's brilliant.

There is just so much left unanswered that it is painful to now just walk away and forget about it. it feels like the first time I saw the finale of Twin Peaks, but *spoiler* at least that had the decency to kill everyone off!*end spoiler*

I very much doubt that this will ever be picked up again so i am grateful to have watched such a stunning show.

anyone else seen it recently
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to DVD / Blu-ray