Goblet of Fire DVD: March 7 [now with special features!]

Betamax and beyond

Goblet of Fire DVD: March 7 [now with special features!]

Postby Bean on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:46 pm

According to Warner Brothers Home Video, Goblet of Fire will be released on DVD much earlier than previously reported. March 7, 2006 is the release date according to their latest announcement. They also hinted at revisiting the previous three films to add commentaries and other extras.

You can expect the following special features on the Goblet of Fire DVD:

â—
Last edited by Bean on Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:55 pm

Thanks for the news, Bean.

I found the past DVDs to be a bit lacking. Sure, they're designed for a younger audience, but I'd like to see a little LOTR-style dissection of FX, locations, costumes, etc.

Then again, now that I think about it, this series has a magical quality to it that others don't. Perhaps revealing which mountain range what was shot at would rob some of that magic.

Regardless, I'll be buying this sucker on day one.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Bean on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:57 pm

Lucky for me, I have the first three on VHS, I'd have no problem buying them on expanded DVDs. I think the DVDs have definitely been lacking a lot, and Goblet of Fire can change that hopefully.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Bean on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:58 pm

By the way.. a 4 month wait for DVDs? Is this the future?
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Nordling on Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:48 pm

I'm afraid so.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Re: Goblet of Fire DVD: March 7, 2006

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:48 pm

Bean wrote:They also hinted at revisiting the previous three films to add commentaries and other extras.

Yes!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:50 pm

Bean wrote:By the way.. a 4 month wait for DVDs? Is this the future?

If the industry is really concerned with Box Office draw it better not be.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bean on Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:18 am

HarryLatino.com has posted a list and description of the seven deleted scenes on the DVD:
SCENE 1: Dumbledore asks his students to welcome the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students as warmly as possible, and the Hogwarts students then break into song ("Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts").

SCENE 2: A Durmstrang student asks a girl to go to the Yule Ball with him. She says yes, while two of her friends gesture something in the background.

SCENE 3: H@rry tries to catch Cho, but she's surrounded by her friends, so he waits until later (at the Owlery) to ask her out.

SCENE 4: Flitwick introduces the Weird Sisters band at the Yule Ball, the lead singer makes a short speech, and they then start one of their songs.

SCENE 5: Karkaroff warns Snape about the growing strength of the Dark Mark, which is emblazoned on both of their arms. Snape pays no heed to his warnings, and instead mentions something about Fawcett and Stebbins (two students), who appear briefly in the scene.

SCENE 6: Mr. Crouch talks with H@rry, and during their discussion, Mad-Eye Moody appears, prompting Mr. Crouch to leave.

SCENE 7: H@rry, Ron, and Hermione discuss Mr. Crouch's death and its implications. Ron thinks that Fudge will do his best to hush up the incident, and Hermione suggests that Harry talks to Dumbledore about it.

SCENE 8: The trio guess what Karkaroff is hiding on his arm. Hermione asks H@rry which ingredients Snape claims he stole from his cupboard, and she quickly realizes that they are ingredients in the Polyjuice Potion.
Last edited by Bean on Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby thomasgaffney on Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:22 am

Thanks for the news, Bean! I can't wait to get this the day it comes out!
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:04 am

Sonofa... the Dino, he was a hoping that a the deleted scenes might inna'clude a the scene with a the Mr. Weasley spanking onna the Dursleys, eh?

One of a my favorite scenes inna alla the books... much more than a the Dumbledore's Dursley visit inna the most recent book...

The Dino, he's alla 'bout inna the face confrontation, no? I like a the Arthur Weasley rearing onna the Dursley's anna saying "you not a gonna to see him for like a the 9 months! Donna you have anything a to say to him inna the civil tone??" Anna then giving them a the what-for, eh?

Hehehehe.... That cheeky bastard....
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Bean on Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:06 am

I didn't get my hopes up, reports came out during filming that they didn't even film the Dursely's part. The Dursely's were the highlight in the past three films, oh well.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 pm

I was hoping for more dobbie deleted scenes, but maybe they're holding off until OOTP to bring him back. But how will they do the whole Winky story since they didn't include her in the GOF I wonder. Not to mention kreature, who I really hope they keep in the story. I can't wait to hear him mutter his shit talking while he bows and carries out requests. Plus that scene in OOTP when Harry peeks his head into the fire in Serious's kitchen and kreature's like "harry potter's in the fire, why is he in the fire kreature wonders?" or whatever, I don't remember verbatim what he says but I remember laughing my ass off at that part. I hope it makes it to the movie.
Last edited by tfactor on Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Bean on Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Kreature has to be in there, the only comic relief in the somber fifth book, I can all ready see him muttering under his breath "Mudbloods.. blood traiters.. how dare they enter my master's hose..."
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:29 pm

I hope Kreacher's in there, but I can actually see them leaving him out. He'd be a good excuse for comic relief though, especially since the Black house is supposed to come with that "Toujours Pur" snobbery anyway.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby buster00 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:23 am

Would've been cool to see the individual Triwizard Champions go up against their respective dragons...
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby CthulhuKid on Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:51 pm

Kreacher ahs to be in there. How else will they get H@rry to the ministry? They'll need his "half truth" to make H@rry think Sirius is in Voldemort's clutches at the Ministry.

I think they can spare Winky though.

I agree with you Dino, That would have been an awesome scene. I love the actor who plays Mr. Weasley.
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Bean on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:48 pm

I'm still surprised that they didn't even FILM the last part of the book, where the future members of the Order of the Phoenix meet and plan their move. It set up for the next book so well.. *sigh*
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:54 am

I agree. I know it was pretty long as it was, but there were a few things that, to me, they could have spared to put in there. That was one of them. They can't keep not addressing things that need to be addressed. Basically the filmmakers for OotP are screwed, because thanks to certain omissions in PoA AND GoF, they're the ones stuck with all of this clunky exposition that they have to find a way to take care of in one movie.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:21 am

Yeah, I should have a put a that whole Kong heart transplant at a the end of a the first movie inna 'stead of a wasting alla that time inna the sequel... ah well, the hindsight, she is a the 20/20, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:39 am

IPAMPILASH! You filmmakers never learn...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bean on Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Okay another update, here's a list of the extras, including how long each one is:

14m 11s -- Reflections on the Fourth Film
10m 40s -- He Who Must Not Be Named
13m 1s -- Meet the Champions
9m 23s -- In Too Deep - The Second Taskopens
6m 30s -- The Maze - The Third Task
8m 39s -- Preparing for the Yule Ball
5m 51s -- Harry vs. the Horntail - The First Task

Pretty good, neh?
Bean
AIRWOLF

I feel Robbed

Postby kortanaskew on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:14 pm

I haven't been buying many DVD's lately. I used to buy a ton. I have over 700 DVD's.

Now I reserve the occasional DVD purchase for something I really like. Like Star Wars and LOTR releases. So I was surprised when I found myself wanting to buy Prisoner of Azkaban last year. I guess I must like these films more than I thought.

Like Chamber of Secrets and Sorcerer's Stone I bought Azkaban at Best Buy for under 15 bucks. You know that crazy marked down prices they have that are a ruse to get people in the store and buy other things.

SO when I went down to get Goblet of Fire for 14.99. Imagine my surprise that it was a 1-Disc edition. And Worse yet they had a 2-Disc Edition for 21 bucks!
All the other new release sets with two discs were much cheaper.
Fuckin' Warner! Theyve been doing this for awhile now. They did it with Batman Begins and War of the Worlds. This new trend sucks and it is hurtin' the pocket.
kortanaskew
STEAK-A-BABY

Return to DVD / Blu-ray