The Last DVD(s) You Bought

Betamax and beyond

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:55 am

I've prefered to keep my remastered editions over the "new" originals. I was disgusted at the 2 channel stereo etc

And on the box it said "fullscreen" I'm sure I read it wrong but whats the point in star wars is 2 channel? fuck it! fuck Lucas and I now accept the remastered ones as the best I'll ever get... sadly! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: In The Night Garden...

Postby clownboy on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:56 am

Just bought, and watched The Good, The Bad And The Ugly: Special Edition this weekend. Waited until the middle of the night while the kids were asleep and watched it until four in the morning. Fantastic.
clownboy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby colonel_lugz on Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:45 pm

Stopped by Virgin after work and had a bit of a splurge....

I gots.....

The Prisoner Complete Boxed Set

Band Of Brothers

Some Ghibli films: Laputa, Porco Rosso and Howls Moving Castle
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
User avatar
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: London

Postby brainiac on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:07 pm

BEOWULF and Grendel -- a reimaging of the oldest recorded campfire story of brave Geats coming to the rescue of Danes decimated by a murderous troll.

Stars Gerard Butler (Beowulf), Stellan Skarsgard (Hrothgar) and Sarah Polley as a witch.

Entertaining and not at all what you expect. :?
Who watches the Watchmen?
User avatar
brainiac
REAL DRAGON
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Chyenne mountain

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:50 pm

Just got the new anamorphic version of Carpenter's The Thing. I'm hoping to unleash it upon an unsuspecting few very soon.
User avatar
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: Northern Frontier

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Frank Henenlotter's Brain Damage: The Synapse Special Edition.
User avatar
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: DCish

Postby MercuryX23 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:56 pm

Clue for $5.50 at Target!
User avatar
MercuryX23
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:57 am

Poltergeist
Friday The 13th

s c a r y m o v i e s

c h e a p
Image
User avatar
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: Northern Frontier

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:36 am

The 1977/Special Ed Star Wars editions for £7.99 each. (bwahahaha)

Erm... Tokyo Drift. ^_^ Which I missed this morning thanks to an alcohol-infused slumber.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby minstrel on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:45 am

Nothing interesting has come out on DVD for weeks now. This is one of the driest spells I can remember.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:38 am

Friday the 13th, Part I, From Wal-Mart, it was 5 bucks... :-)
Image
User avatar
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: Citrus Springs, FL

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:00 pm

From HMV, a boxed set of 5 Pedro Almodovar movies (All About My Mother, Live Flesh, Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down, Bad Education & Talk To Her) was £49.99 but reduced to £17.99. Absolute bargain, working out at £3.60 per film!
User avatar
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:55 pm

The last DVD('s) you bought

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:13 pm

I GOTS PAID BITCHES!


So now i can resume my crack addiction: DVDS!


In the last week i've picked up the following:

CRITTERS
Classic Media's GODZILLA
and at an expo i hit over the weekend:

DRAGON TIGER GATE
Luc Bessons YAMAKASI
DAYWATCH (nightwatch sequal)
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Postby cinephile2000 on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:26 pm

Lets see Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and the special edition of Reservoir Dogs.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
User avatar
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Texas, yeah I said it.

The last DVD('s) you bought

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:41 pm

cinephile2000 wrote:Lets see Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and the special edition of Reservoir Dogs.


DAMNIT I forgot Lady vengance was out!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:59 pm

I bought Labyrinth for the odd price of £2.89 in Tesco today. Hopefully it's as good & freakish as I remember, but for that price it doesn't matter too much.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Al Shut on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:35 am

I picked up 'Modern Times' today for 8€, mainly because I seemed to remember a ridiculously funny scene involving the accidental consume of a lot of drugs.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:43 am

I bought Batman Begins 2 disc, Once Upon A Time In America SE and Saving Private Ryan 60 year D-Day Anni edition
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
User avatar
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: London

Postby The Vicar on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:42 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:I bought Batman Begins 2 disc, Once Upon A Time In America SE and Saving Private Ryan 60 year D-Day Anni edition


Damn, that's a nice grouping.

Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:43 pm

The Vicar wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:I bought Batman Begins 2 disc, Once Upon A Time In America SE and Saving Private Ryan 60 year D-Day Anni edition


Damn, that's a nice grouping.

Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.


Got it in the HMV 3 for £20 range, took me a good 20 minutes to pick out the 3 with the most value for money
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
User avatar
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: London

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:28 pm

Plenty of entertainment and emotion contained in those films man.

Hmm, and not one whorse in sight.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16616
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:53 pm

The Vicar wrote:
Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.


UNSANE!

Sorry...I like to translate...

I love Tenebrae...some great framing and tight suspense...all mixed in with Argento's over the top violence and music and what-not...

Good times...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:56 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:
Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.


UNSANE!

Sorry...I like to translate...

I love Tenebrae...some great framing and tight suspense...all mixed in with Argento's over the top violence and music and what-not...

Good times...


Is that the one where the guy goes to the house and scratches off the paint in the house? If not, it still has that awesome opening and creepy kids music box.

EDIT: Or am I getting confused with "Deep Red"?
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen
 
Posts: 6032
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Shanghizzo

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:27 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:
Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.


UNSANE!

Sorry...I like to translate...

I love Tenebrae...some great framing and tight suspense...all mixed in with Argento's over the top violence and music and what-not...

Good times...


Is that the one where the guy goes to the house and scratches off the paint in the house? If not, it still has that awesome opening and creepy kids music box.

EDIT: Or am I getting confused with "Deep Red"?


Could be Deep Red...it's been awhile since I had my Argento Film Marathon Weekend - but the plaster/paint peeling from the walls - to reveal the kid's picture/drawing or whatever - was - for a fact - in Deep Red (Profundo Russo...I like how that rolls off the tongue...moreso than Kirk even...)...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:31 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:
Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.


UNSANE!

Sorry...I like to translate...

I love Tenebrae...some great framing and tight suspense...all mixed in with Argento's over the top violence and music and what-not...

Good times...


Is that the one where the guy goes to the house and scratches off the paint in the house? If not, it still has that awesome opening and creepy kids music box.

EDIT: Or am I getting confused with "Deep Red"?


Could be Deep Red...it's been awhile since I had my Argento Film Marathon Weekend - but the plaster/paint peeling from the walls - to reveal the kid's picture/drawing or whatever - was - for a fact - in Deep Red (Profundo Russo...I like how that rolls off the tongue...moreso than Kirk even...)...


Yeah, it even rolls off the tongue better than Porco Rosso, although Porco Rosso kinda gets propelled out along with a little spittel. Perhaps you could ask Kirk to utter it gently to you whilst he fellates you.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen
 
Posts: 6032
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Shanghizzo

Postby The Vicar on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:53 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:I bought Batman Begins 2 disc, Once Upon A Time In America SE and Saving Private Ryan 60 year D-Day Anni edition


Damn, that's a nice grouping.

Waiting for my Tenebre ( Dario Argento) dvd to arrive.
Waiting.


Got it in the HMV 3 for £20 range, took me a good 20 minutes to pick out the 3 with the most value for money


Damn.
Here in Cuckooland the only option was to head to Ebay, which I did.
I've heard much about this, and since I love Argento's work it seemed like a must have.

Isn't Unsane just Tenebrae, edited for a watered down rating in the states?
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm

Just got Half-Baked, Garden State, V for Vendetta, Lost 1.x, and Eurotrip last weekend.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:31 pm
Location: Destroying Sony Headquarters in Japan

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:22 pm

I bought today Vincenzo Natali's brillant "Nothing".
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:04 pm

Cars
The Notorious Bettie Page
Broken Flowers
User avatar
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: Northern Frontier

Postby minstrel on Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Cars - better than I expected.
Over the Hedge - better than I expected.
Monster House - really quite lousy. Much worse than I expected.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby moose4787 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:06 pm

just got HD-DVD MI 3
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 pm

Postby minstrel on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:00 am

I bought MI 3 as well (not HD, I don't think), but I didn't include it on my list because I haven't watched it yet.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:59 am

This last week I bought M.I. 3 as well as Transformers: The Movie
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Image
User avatar
Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca

Postby MattXFLexicon on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:18 am

I haven't bought anything very recently. Money has been extremely tight for the last several months. The most recent thing I bought was the 2 disc, V For Vendeta.

My local Ameboa store has the collectors edition of Bava's Lisa and The Devil, but I can't afford to use the AM right now.

:cry:
MattXFLexicon
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:21 am

My flatmate got all in a tizzy about MI:3 and traded in some stuff for it yesterday. He watched it last night after a night out and woke up this morning to tell us how shit it was... ironically, he'd traded in some poor films to get it!

I bought The City Of Lost Children pal Special Ed. from Fopp for £5. I'd gone in for Wild At Heart... and... er... forgot...
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby Pacino86845 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:15 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:I bought The City Of Lost Children pal Special Ed. from Fopp for £5. I'd gone in for Wild At Heart... and... er... forgot...


See this is why Fopp is grand. While I was there last time, I picked up some super-duper edition of Strangelove for 8 pounds, and Dead Man's Shoes for 7, via John-Locke's recommendation.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:28 am

BUT IT SUCKS UP YOUR MONEY!

The Susumu Yokota album I picked up there though is an example of how, when stuff is cheap, you're willing to risk things for possible brilliance. And it is brilliant.

Still forgot Wild At Heart, which is WHY I went in there in the first place... dammit!
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:56 pm

The Work Of Director Michel Gondry
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

I had to buy them AGAIN, because my ex-boss kinda...stole them :P
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:54 am

Again, I go into London for Wild At Heart, I come back with something else.

This time, Event Horizon Special Edition with the acesly stupid plastic cover that looks like the Event Horizon. WHY? WHHHYYY??

I've no idea why I like this movie. Honestly, some of the lines are clunkier than a generation 1 Transformer, but the Orbital/Kamen soundtrack and incredible production design and sets really turn me on. It doesn't even scare me. Just the feeling that the design evokes is quite powerful, even if the sfx have really aged badly.

Still, Andersons best movie to day. Why? He tries to sustain tension. He didn't write it. The guys needs tieing down if he's gonna make movies, not given free reign. Personally I think he could make another GOOD film - and I class EH as "good" not "great" - if the next studio took his pen away from him.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:06 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Again, I go into London for Wild At Heart, I come back with something else.

This time, Event Horizon Special Edition with the acesly stupid plastic cover that looks like the Event Horizon. WHY? WHHHYYY??

I've no idea why I like this movie. Honestly, some of the lines are clunkier than a generation 1 Transformer, but the Orbital/Kamen soundtrack and incredible production design and sets really turn me on. It doesn't even scare me. Just the feeling that the design evokes is quite powerful, even if the sfx have really aged badly.

Still, Andersons best movie to day. Why? He tries to sustain tension. He didn't write it. The guys needs tieing down if he's gonna make movies, not given free reign. Personally I think he could make another GOOD film - and I class EH as "good" not "great" - if the next studio took his pen away from him.



I love it too....i'm not alone!!!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
User avatar
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: London

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:23 pm

I KNOW ITS NOT A GREAT MOVIE... BUT I LOVE IT LIKE A BRUVVA! WWWHHHYYYYY????

Nah, serious, it's aces, but for reasons hard to fathom. It's just... so not good in some places, but something about it gets under my skin...
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:26 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:I KNOW ITS NOT A GREAT MOVIE... BUT I LOVE IT LIKE A BRUVVA! WWWHHHYYYYY????

Nah, serious, it's aces, but for reasons hard to fathom. It's just... so not good in some places, but something about it gets under my skin...


it's got:

Great designs (The Event Horizon is a BADASS ship!)

Some creepy evil latin speak

Some nice gore

Sam Niell!

And the story drips cheese

....whats not to love?
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
User avatar
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: London

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:53 pm

It's a good 'un, but you can see the Paul Anderson template in there building up. He's stuck to it since this movie, no wonder his movies hold very few suprises... that and they're often pants...

The guy needs to experiment!

Like with the lament configuration. I got the Hellraiser DVD for £3.99 from Blockbuster, with all special features intact! Damn that film holds up well... why the crap are the remaking it? It's insane!

The physical effects, bar the stoopid monster creature that chases her down a corridor, are brilliant. Particularly the transformation. I'd rate it higher than an of Freddy's outings, even New Nightmare...
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby Peven on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:55 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
it's got:

Great designs (The Event Horizon is a BADASS ship!)

Some creepy evil latin speak

Some nice gore

Sam Niell!

And the story drips cheese

....whats not to love?



the shit ending
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14656
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:38 pm

Better Off Dead
Image
User avatar
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: Northern Frontier

Postby EliCash on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:41 pm

has anyone been able to find a copy of city of lost children in widescreen, cause ive had to return a copy that was 4:3, just like i'll have to return my copy of full metal jacket that's 4:3.
EliCash
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:48 am

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:12 am

US or UK?
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:36 am

Only Fools and Horses Complete Series 2 - nuff said! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: In The Night Garden...

Postby John-Locke on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 pm

I just bought The Warriors Directors Cut for £4.99 and Romance & Cigarettes for £9.99 at Virgin.

I've not heard great things about the new cut of Warriors but at that price it's hard to say no, plus I love a bit of old school Walter Hill.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby The Ginger Man on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:42 pm

I finally got the Kingdom of Heaven director's cut. And yup, it's as good as everyone said. Only thing though, since the rest of the film got better, it makes me hate the last half hour even more. All the preachy, Jerusalem is everything and nothing, for everyone and no one. Suddenly, Orlando Bloom, who has defined his character as a man of action rather than words, finds it necessary to deliver not 1, but 2 "stirring" speeches. And frankly, he's a better actor when he's not talking.

Other than that, however, I quit liked it.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to DVD / Blu-ray

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest