has anyone picked up ERASERHEAD yet?

Betamax and beyond

has anyone picked up ERASERHEAD yet?

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:27 am

I saw this today.. I didnt realize it was out till today... I've always wanted to see it, as i like odd films...

But is the dvd worth paying 24.99? Is the transfer good? Any extras (cause the back of the dvd dosnt say shit)
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:32 am

That dancing woman with all that matter around her face still gives me the willies.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:38 am

And I'll be Lynched if the actual Eraser-Head looks anything like a real-life eraser...it looks more like a lug-worm, hence the film should be renamed Lugwormhead.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby tapehead on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:45 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:That dancing woman with all that matter around her face still gives me the willies.

...is it true that Pixies song 'In Heaven' is about the lady in the Radiator?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:25 am

An interesting anecdote:

ERASERHEAD was inspired by Mr. Lynch's brief academic stint in my home town of Philadelphia! I believe he went to Moore College of Art or something? Apparently, his experience here was rather... odd.

Then again, if Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive are any indication, Mr. Lynch had a really bizarre time in the Pacific Northwest and LA.

I think whereever he goeth, so goeth the abstract impressionism, hallucinations, and horrifyingly beautiful madness.

He's my hero... one of em anyway...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:24 am

Make sure you pick up the latest transfer, there are some really shit one available, it's Lynch's most personal film, took him a good few years to finish it.

Check if it's got the Documentary Eraserhead Stories, I think it comes with one of the DVD's out, it's a very good interview/insight into the great odd man and his years making it, thats where I grabed my AV from by the way.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Return to DVD / Blu-ray