Moriarty's DVD Shelf Returns!!

Betamax and beyond

Moriarty's DVD Shelf Returns!!

Postby Moriarty on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:20 pm

Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Adam Balm on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:23 pm

Life Aquatic is one of those hard movies to classify. I love it, but I don't know if I like it, if that makes any sense.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:25 pm

I thought it was Anderson's weakest, but FUCK. That's says alot. Even though I find it his most challenging move to love completely, I have to respect that the guy was trying to step out of the box and grow. AND, any complaints I might have for the film are far overshadowed by Wilson's brilliant performance. It was nice to see him do something worth while as opposed to all this Ben Still g@y stuff.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:29 pm

What's the deal with the so-called "9-11" episode of the Lone Gunmen? I never watched that show.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:30 am

"Appleseed", great design, amazing action scenes...but I've fallen asleep both times I've tried to watch it. Inane dialogue mostly. And the worst use of music in a film, maybe ever. Horrible...I'll mostly stop watching stuff that annoys me, but damn if the animation isn't stunning enough to keep me from dismissing it entirely. I don't like the character design all that much either, but I'm gonna give it another try tonight.

What was the delay with "Microcosmos"? I've had it on VHS from when it was first released and I'm stunned it's just coming out now.

Good stuff Mori, glad to see your keeping busy.

But where's the 2046 review!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to DVD / Blu-ray