Movies/TV Shows Not on DVD

Betamax and beyond

Postby Vegeta on Wed May 24, 2006 10:42 pm

Logan5 wrote:Cast a Deadly Spell

I had to find that mofo for my mom on VHS a couple of years ago (indeed, I love it too!) 8)

VERY CTHULHU!!!!! :evil:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Kilgore on Wed May 24, 2006 11:13 pm

Vegeta wrote:
MadCapsule wrote:I'm still waiting for:

The Tick (animated series)
Earthworm Jim (animated series)
Freakazoid

I am lazy... :oops:
yet with the thread revival...

who may ever own the rights to "The TicK: TAS" needs to get that shit on DVD now ! :evil:
It will make them a shit load of geek $$$$$$$$$$$$! :D

Purportedly, Disney is readying it for a late summer release, last I read...
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby MadCapsule on Thu May 25, 2006 2:02 am

Disney owns the rights to The Tick? Didn't know that.

BTW, diggin' the avatar, Kilgore. Brock Samson is my hero.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Movies/TV Shows Not on DVD

Postby bastard_robo on Thu May 25, 2006 4:13 am

With Pinky and the Brain coming out on dvd along with Animaniacs, i want FREAKAZOID on dvd!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby kortanaskew on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:42 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:What about Mr. Wizard? Years and years of stuff and nothing on DVD

Theres about 6 Volumes available of the Nickelodeon series on Dvd.

http://mrwizardstudios.com/mrwizardsworld_mainpage.htm

Chariman Kaga wrote:Mtv's Liquid Television.

They took the two volume VHS Best of Liquid TV and released it on one DVD called Wet Shorts in 1997.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1573306975/qid=1149266371/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6429147-2308838?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130
kortanaskew
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:46 pm

With 6/6/6 coming in a few days, i was very disappointed to see that one devil movie i have fond memories of, mr. frost, is not out on dvd.

it stars jeff goldblum as a guy arrested for killing a bunch of people and taken to an insane asylum, where he is interviewed by a psychologist and claims to be the devil. i remember it being pretty creepy, and leaving it a mystery whether or not the guy is really satan, though it gives you plenty of reason to think he might be.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Logan5 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:02 pm

Vegeta wrote:
Logan5 wrote:Cast a Deadly Spell

I had to find that mofo for my mom on VHS a couple of years ago (indeed, I love it too!) 8)

VERY CTHULHU!!!!! :evil:

I really want that one on DVD. Please, someone, just release it. Now, OR I WILL INVOKE CTHULHU ON YOUR ASSES!!!!! :twisted:

BOW DOWN BEFORE ALLMIGHTY CTHULHU, PUNY MOVIERIGHTS HOLDERS!

And also, I forgot to put Malcolm in the Middle on my wish list. 8)
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:09 pm

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty used to be on dvd and is now out of print. Cheapest one I could find was $99.99. and Hans Christian Andersen has been hard as hell to find anywhere else but on line. I am going to pick it up on Amazon. I found The Inspector General and The Royal Wedding (Fred Astaire) two pack for $1 at Walgreen’s and picked it up. I gotta say, why no love for Danny Kaye?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby RockyDennis on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:13 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:The Secret Life of Walter Mitty used to be on dvd and is now out of print. Cheapest one I could find was $99.99. and Hans Christian Andersen has been hard as hell to find anywhere else but on line. I am going to pick it up on Amazon. I found The Inspector General and The Royal Wedding (Fred Astaire) two pack for $1 at Walgreen’s and picked it up. I gotta say, why no love for Danny Kaye?

Check your local library. My library system works like netflix and I've found some pretty rare stuff. I recently got Barfly from them. It's one of my favorite movies and it was only on DVD for a short while, but my library delivered it to my house for free. Now I am deciding if I should return it or tell them I lost it.
RockyDennis
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:19 pm

Vegeta wrote:
MadCapsule wrote:I'm still waiting for:

The Tick (animated series)
Earthworm Jim (animated series)
Freakazoid

I am lazy... :oops:
yet with the thread revival...

who may ever own the rights to "The TicK: TAS" needs to get that shit on DVD now ! :evil:
It will make them a shit load of geek $$$$$$$$$$$$! :D

The Tick comes out on August 29th. It is however missing one eps. cause of some legal issue that I am not real sure about.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:21 pm

RockyDennis wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:The Secret Life of Walter Mitty used to be on dvd and is now out of print. Cheapest one I could find was $99.99. and Hans Christian Andersen has been hard as hell to find anywhere else but on line. I am going to pick it up on Amazon. I found The Inspector General and The Royal Wedding (Fred Astaire) two pack for $1 at Walgreen’s and picked it up. I gotta say, why no love for Danny Kaye?

Check your local library. My library system works like netflix and I've found some pretty rare stuff. I recently got Barfly from them. It's one of my favorite movies and it was only on DVD for a short while, but my library delivered it to my house for free. Now I am deciding if I should return it or tell them I lost it.

Thanks. I will look into it. I would like to see the The Secret Life again.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:11 pm

This looks really cool.

Click the image VV

Seems like they are pulling out all of the stops on this one. And I do love me some Voltron. And those two covers look really cool.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby LaDracul on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Let's see...

TV-
Mr. Belvedere (I want to f'in see this one out NOW. I LOVED that show as a kid.)
Just the Ten of Us (Hopefully, since "Growing Pains" is now on DVD, and it is the spinoff.)
Parker Lewis Can't Lose (I've heard about people petitioning SONY for it. I wanna sign up if I can find it.)
The Mighty Boosh (Sadly not on R1 DVD and BBC Video has no plans as of now)
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (See above)
Frisky Dingo (I'm actually curious about this show, as in, why are he and 'Barnaby Jones' nekkid and on the lam?)

Movies-
The Bluebird (1976, with Liz Taylor, Jane Fonda, and a young, not married to Noel Gallagher yet Patsy Kensit)
Once Upon a Brothers Grimm (TV movie from the '70s where the writers encounter their creations)
Fragile (They keep screwing with this release date for the US...JUST RELEASE THE DAMN THING, ALREADY!)
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Duckman. It used to come on the USA network, and later Comedy Central ran the reruns. Very, very hilarious animated show. Who can forget such lines as:

"Are you sexually active?"
"Oh yes! Very."
"With another person?"
"Well...uh....no."

or even:

"So, my husband says you're a real dick."
"WHAT?"
"You're a detective."
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

LET IT BE is NOT due out anytime soon

Postby sonnyboo on Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:15 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Let it Be is on the way.

Supposedly it's George Harrison's estate that is blocking a re-release of the film on DVD. George states clearly in the ANTHOLOGY that no one needs to see him & Paul have a row on film.

I just saw the VHS of this film last weekend, and it was disappointing. I completely see why the Beatles in many ways prefer it remain unseen. The performances during rehearsals aren't very good and there's very little exposition or talking, just lackluster performances until they are more rehearsed. You can cut the tension with a butter knife while watching this movie.

If they do release it, I would like to see the many deleted scenes. There is documentation of a 210 minute cut of the film and many scenes deleted are on bootleg DVD's at conventions. I haven't seen those yet.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

WKRP

Postby sonnyboo on Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:21 pm

One of the best sitcoms ever made, which allegedly is in the works for DVD with replaced music - WKRP IN CINCINNATI.

Because they only obtained the broadcast rights to music from Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, and big names like that - this would be one of the most expensive series on DVD ever made.

Some fan site said they are preparing a release of season 1 on DVD and the creator approved the song replacement, which is better than the syndicated song replacements that sucked.

-===-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Re: LET IT BE is NOT due out anytime soon

Postby Seppuku on Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:40 pm

sonnyboo wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:Let it Be is on the way.

Supposedly it's George Harrison's estate that is blocking a re-release of the film on DVD. George states clearly in the ANTHOLOGY that no one needs to see him & Paul have a row on film.

I just saw the VHS of this film last weekend, and it was disappointing. I completely see why the Beatles in many ways prefer it remain unseen. The performances during rehearsals aren't very good and there's very little exposition or talking, just lackluster performances until they are more rehearsed. You can cut the tension with a butter knife while watching this movie.

If they do release it, I would like to see the many deleted scenes. There is documentation of a 210 minute cut of the film and many scenes deleted are on bootleg DVD's at conventions. I haven't seen those yet.

Whereas I agree that if they do release the DVD, the 210 minute cut would be the best way to go about it, I really like Let it Be all the same (the cut that's not much longer than 75 minutes). Mostly because George Harrison (my favourite Beatle) not only gets to pwn Paul, but he also gets that really sensitive moment where he's helping Ringo perfect Octopus's Garden. It's also nice to see John Lennon straddling that line between Spaced and Aggressive (although the aggression's only in his eyes at certain moments, in general it's as if he's on another planet. That planet most likely being The Plastic Ono Band).

It's definitely a worthy watch for anyone even remotely interested in the Beatles. Yes, it does kind of dismantle the myth a little, but then they go and do that rooftop gig at the end and prove what great live performers they were. It's not the best rock movie ever made, it's probably not even the best rock movie on the Beatles ever made, but I can watch it and remember two of my favourite ever artists (George and John) in their prime.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Holer on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Santa Sangre - cleaned up, etc. I can't even remember if this was a wide screen movie. A big favorite though.

Lost Highway - Widescreen - Why isn't this already on DVD? And not that crappy french pan scan version!

Chimes at Midnight - restored etc. US version
But I'd RATHER watch another movie...
Holer
GLIB

Postby Logan5 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:42 pm

Holer wrote:Santa Sangre - cleaned up, etc. I can't even remember if this was a wide screen movie. A big favorite though.

Lost Highway - Widescreen - Why isn't this already on DVD? And not that crappy french pan scan version!

Chimes at Midnight - restored etc. US version

:?

Isn't the double disc of Santa Sangre released by Anchor Bay any good? The one with anamorphic wide screen and 5.1 surround.

Lost Highway R2 Double Disc. Widescreen. DTS.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Vegeta on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:51 pm

I am waiting for Newhart to come out on DVD, my Dad would love it.

Also, as mentioned above WKRP In Cincinatti would be nice.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Holer on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 am

[quote="Logan5:?

Isn't the double disc of Santa Sangre released by Anchor Bay any good? The one with anamorphic wide screen and 5.1 surround.

Lost Highway R2 Double Disc. Widescreen. DTS.[/quote]

Sorry - I meant for Region 1. I am not enough of an afficianado to own an all format dvd player.

I checked the Anchor Bay site and didnt see anything about Santa Sangre. Is that new? I know there is a PAL version but in my world, that doesn't count.
But I'd RATHER watch another movie...
Holer
GLIB

Postby Logan5 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:56 am

Holer wrote:
Logan5 wrote:

Lost Highway R2 Double Disc. Widescreen. DTS.

Sorry - I meant for Region 1. I am not enough of an afficianado to own an all format dvd player.

I checked the Anchor Bay site and didnt see anything about Santa Sangre. Is that new? I know there is a PAL version but in my world, that doesn't count.

Yeah, both of them are R2.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Knthrak on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:10 am

A few TV shows that we can't get here in OZ at the moment that I really want are.

The Pretender
Veronica Mars
Shield S3 onwards
Highlander series
Wonder Years
Knthrak
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby knightrider on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:43 am

The only TV show I want released is David Janssen's "The Fugitive" -- one of the greatest TV shows of all time. Oh, and Adam West's "Batman", but that doesn't look likely right now.
knightrider
GLIB

Postby instant_karma on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 am

Anyone ever seen The Legend of Bogey Creek available anywhere?

Hell, anyone else ever seen it?
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:15 am

I tried to get The Player with Tim Robbins. You can't get it in the uk i think you could but it has since been deleted...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 am

instant_karma wrote:Anyone ever seen The Legend of Bogey Creek available anywhere?

Hell, anyone else ever seen it?

Is that the one they did on MST3K, or was that "The Legend of Boggy Marsh"?
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby The Todd on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:02 pm

TheButcher wrote:
A post on writer Mark Evanier's weblog notes that the Walt Disney Company will not release Song of the South on DVD at this time, according to comments made by Disney CEO Robert Iger at last month's Disney shareholders' meeting. Evanier links to a site hosting an audio recording of the entire meeting for those who wish to hear them fully.

Source:Toon Zone
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=10193

I've been waiting for this movie. I guess I'll just have to wait some more.

Disney to reconsider rereleasing Song of the South on DVD

HERE.
i reject your reality and substitute my own
The Todd
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm

The Todd wrote:
TheButcher wrote:
A post on writer Mark Evanier's weblog notes that the Walt Disney Company will not release Song of the South on DVD at this time, according to comments made by Disney CEO Robert Iger at last month's Disney shareholders' meeting. Evanier links to a site hosting an audio recording of the entire meeting for those who wish to hear them fully.

Source:Toon Zone
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=10193

I've been waiting for this movie. I guess I'll just have to wait some more.

HERE.

Hope they're prepared for some "Politically Incorrect" backlash on this one.
They'll get it.
Good & hard.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Theta on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:43 pm

The Vicar wrote:
The Todd wrote:]

HERE.

Hope they're prepared for some "Politically Incorrect" backlash on this one.
They'll get it.
Good & hard.

Why do you think it hasn't been released? Disney was shit-their-pants scared of the bad publicity.

Is the film racist? By modern standards, yes. But the same is true of "Hallejulah!" and "Cabin In The Sky", and Warners had the gonads to put those out, making the point that, like 'em or not, they're a part of film history (I know one of my former professors who teaches a race and culture class was excited to finally have a decent copy to use.) If Disney was smart, they'd spend the money and make it an educational disc: a documentary about the folktales the movie was based on; a discussion of James Baskett, who played Uncle Remus and was the first African-American man to win an Oscar (he was also one of the lead actors on "Amos and Andy"); and a discussion of race as presented by the popular entertainment of the time. That'd do a lot to put the film in its proper context.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:52 pm

THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:24 pm

The Wizard Of Speed And Time!!!!
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:34 am

TonyWilson wrote:The Wizard Of Speed And Time!!!!

I have this on VHS that I ordered from, of all things, an AVON catalog back in the early 90s I think.
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:an AVON catalog back in the early 90s I think.

no amount of concealer, blush or foundation will ever hide that forehead, Cha-Ka...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:25 pm

IVANITYLASH!!
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Orcus on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Oddly enough:

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven TV show with Mark Dacascos.

This was always on my local NBC affiliate at 4:00AM and the Scifi Channel occasionally had it on at 5:00 AM so it never got a fair shake.

The odd thing about the show was that it was not so much a direct sequel to the Brandon Lee movie but more of a TV reimaging eof the movie plot. Needless to say that it was odd to see anything Crow related shot in full daylight and Marc Dacascos looked frightenly like Brandon Lee. If you put the two side by side you would look twice.

The last I checked were a few VHS tapes over at Amazon.com and a few home brewed DVDs at conventions. Oddly enough, it was posted on Usenet a few years ago
"Where's you're God noooooow???!!"
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheBaxter on Sun May 20, 2007 7:28 pm

i just posted on the Random Coaxial thread about a tv show i remember from when i was a kid, Cliffhangers

i only vaguely remembered it, but when i read the wikipedia article i linked above, the tv show actually sounds way the fuck cooler than i remembered it. i mean, international conspiracies? dracula undercover as a college professor? a western about an UNDERGROUND ALIEN CITY!?!? god i want to see this show again! these need to be on DVD RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!

go click that link and tell me that doesn't sound like the awesomest and cheesiest thing that's ever been put on TV.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby LaDracul on Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Well Orcus, "Crow: Stairway to Heaven" is going to be on DVD soon.

That Mark Dacascos is one sexy mofo...

I'm wondering when the hell "Love Boat" will see the light of day, as well as a 'new' discovery, "The Kids from C.A.P.E.R.". Imagine "The Monkees" meets "Get Smart" with some Marx Brothers and Mel Brooks thrown in... Too bad it lasted only one season.[/url]
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Knthrak on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:03 pm

The Crow Stairway To Heaven has been available here for quite some time already. Set is decent enough.

Major Payne.
Knthrak
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby LaDracul on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:36 am

This one sounds interesting, as it has Burl Ives when he still had both his nuts.... XD

Pinnochio
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:24 am

Okay, here's one.

Fastlane.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 am

Cover Girl Killer - schlocky but fun 50s movie, with some great music
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Here's another, one based on "The Wizard of OZ", but totally R-RATED-

"20TH Century Wizard", a cross between "Almost Famous" and "The Wizard of OZ" set in Australia.

Here's a clip-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fvic4nRxomI
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:21 pm

I doubt Ripley Under Ground will be getting a theatrical release...

so where the hell is the DVD Lionsgate? The movie is now two years old.

Big fan of the books...

want it now fuckers
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby LaDracul on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14 pm

We seriously need "Guys Next Door" on DVD. It's like "Kids in the Hall" mixed with a boy band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaqw6C0uwjA
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

free online tv channels, music, news, sport, movies

Postby patrick78 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:26 am

http://live-tv-channels.com/ is a very good tv online portal, you can watch online tv for free, search for any movie, docs or tv show you want to, upload your own movies, including adult.
patrick78
GLIB

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:33 am

I'd kinda like to see Birds of Prey put on on DVD. I know it was a little scholocky but I kinda liked it.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to DVD / Blu-ray