FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET JESUS!!! WHERES MY VOLTRON!!!

Betamax and beyond

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:35 am

I just read Anime AICN.... WHAT THE FUCK COULD POSSIBLY BE HOLDING UP FUCKING VOLTRON!!!

The show i shamlessly whored and watched as a child!!!

WHAT SICK RAT BASTARD COULD BE HOLDING UP A PROJECT LIKE THIS!!!

This is what i hate about corporate america... somewere, someone gets a small pices of a pie.... well, years later when the pie is popular again.. but to sell it, you need the whole thing... The fucker who has that small piece has to be a dick and charge an Unholy amount of cash to have it back or no one gets any!!!!

FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!

All i have is a crappy bootleg on disc.. and half of the eps are in shitty quality!!!

I NEED EXTRAS with Cast Commentaries..

The unmolested Japanese verisons

Behind the sceens and MORE!!!!

HOW COULD YOU DENY THE WORLD VOLTRON!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby minstrel on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:46 am

Please calm down. Please!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby wharto on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:00 am

Would you like a snicker?
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:02 am

STOP YELLING AT ME!!!
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wharto on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:04 am

WOULD ANYONE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING SNICKER?
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:16 am

I'd love to get this on DVD too. I grew up overseas and didn't have any American television to watch, so as a way to win over my love my grandparents would record chunks of a cartoon and send over the tapes for me, so I'd get 6 hours of Voltron for awhile, then 6 hours of Transformers, every now and then a movie recorded off tv, though they didn't watch the tapes so they would just start recording the next cartoon when they assumed I would be bored, and if the taped happened to end in the middle of an episode, well maybe they'd be around to switch tapes so I'd get the rest of it with the next tape, maybe not. But this led to the tragedy of my last Voltron episode being cut off at the most dramatic of moments, King Zarkon had just made himself a robobeast and was standing toe to toe with Voltron in a canyon, dramatic, possibly series ending consequences were about to ensue!

And then the tape ended.

I haven't spoken to my grandparents since.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:29 am

FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET VOLTRON!!! WHERE'S MY JESUS!!!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:34 am

FOR THE VOLTRON...WHERE'S MY SWEET JESUS-LOVE!!!

OK that's it, I've just done an all-nighter and it's too good a day to waste here. I'm off for a trip on the old bike, if you don't see any more of my posts it's because I became afflicted with a bout of narcolepsia and swerved in front of a car.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Chief Redcock on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:12 am

Where's that funny as hell Voltron link with Voltron drinking beer, taking a leak and shit? That's all the Voltron you need, man.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:41 am

My favorite thing about VOLTRON was how every single battle was exactly the same.

VOLTRON (whether it was the VOLTRON 3 [aka LIONS] or VOLTRON 1 [aka the Constructicon-esque Vehicles]) would busily use every single useless weapon in its arsenal versus the latest Giant Monster. Unfortunately, none of these weapons would work! So, we would see our team of heroes helpless spinning and sweating and going "OHHH!" or "YA YA YA YA YA!"

THEN, one member of the team -- usually the one wearing red (team leader) -- would suddenly remember that they have an invincible weapon that can cut through everyting in .5 seconds -- THE BLAZING SWORD!

Then, they would cut the monster in half, cueing the victory music, and ensuring that none of the cute anime girls would have to get tentacle raped.

The question that tormented my young mind when the show was first on was WHY DIDN"T THEY USE THE FUCKING BLAZING SWORD FROM THE BEGINNING?!?!?!

WHY?!?!? OMG?!?!?! WHHYYYYYYYY?!?!?!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Shane on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:44 am

|I have a voltron question

I remember there being like the robot space lions, but then there were some with like cars, or space ships that formed Voltron, was that the same show, or did it change or something?
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:58 am

Shane wrote:|I have a voltron question

I remember there being like the robot space lions, but then there were some with like cars, or space ships that formed Voltron, was that the same show, or did it change or something?

They were different Voltrons. They seemed to occur in different eras/timelines as well.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Exterminans on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:24 pm

I'd love to have both Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron on DVD.
Exterminans
GLIB

Postby Brocktune on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:22 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:My favorite thing about VOLTRON was how every single battle was exactly the same.

VOLTRON (whether it was the VOLTRON 3 [aka LIONS] or VOLTRON 1 [aka the Constructicon-esque Vehicles]) would busily use every single useless weapon in its arsenal versus the latest Giant Monster. Unfortunately, none of these weapons would work! So, we would see our team of heroes helpless spinning and sweating and going "OHHH!" or "YA YA YA YA YA!"

THEN, one member of the team -- usually the one wearing red (team leader) -- would suddenly remember that they have an invincible weapon that can cut through everyting in .5 seconds -- THE BLAZING SWORD!

Then, they would cut the monster in half, cueing the victory music, and ensuring that none of the cute anime girls would have to get tentacle raped.

The question that tormented my young mind when the show was first on was WHY DIDN"T THEY USE THE FUCKING BLAZING SWORD FROM THE BEGINNING?!?!?!

are you sure you arent talking about ted turner's "Captain Planet" series? :wink:
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:24 pm

FORM BLAZING SWORD!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby King Psyz on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:46 pm

everyone forgets the lesser known "pic'n'save" variety voltron where it was three robots that stacked on top of each other.

Man I loved those Voltron toys of yore. I had the vehicle one and it was like a ton of little vehicles that turned into Voltron. It was a pain to hastily turn into voltron so we just left it in robot form. Then there was the japanese import die-cast lion voltron with dangerous projectiles made also of either chromed plastic or die cast metal.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby wonkabar on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:49 pm

King Psyz wrote:everyone forgets the lesser known "pic'n'save" variety voltron where it was three robots that stacked on top of each other.

Cuz Lions-Voltron rules
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Exterminans on Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:55 pm

SVEN LIVES!
Exterminans
GLIB

Postby kortanaskew on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:06 pm

The unmolested Japanese verisons

You wouldn't enjoy this. Im sure you're a huge fan of anime and can watch tons of hours of subtitles cartoons.
But Voltron will be different.
From first hand experience I can tell yoiu how much this and Japanese Transformers just PLAIN Suck. You'll just absolutely miss the stupid dubbed american voices.
kortanaskew
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby tapehead on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Brocktune wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:My favorite thing about VOLTRON was how every single battle was exactly the same.

are you sure you arent talking about ted turner's "Captain Planet" series? :wink:

ooh, so that's where Mighty Morphin Power Rangers got the template from?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Exedore on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:01 am

Both the Lion and the Vehicle Voltron series are available in Australia on DVD. You can order them on-line, and watch them on a DVD player that is region-free, and will convert one TV format to another (usually the cheap ones at Circuit City & Best Buy).

Also, if you look around, someone has made divx AVI files of ALL the episodes, and you should be able to download them all.

Warning--the show has NOT aged well at all.
Exedore
GLIB

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:10 am

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Media Blasters announced that they will be releasing VOLTRON on dvd starting in the fall!!!!!!!!!

My prayers have been answerd!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 pm

Thought I should post it here as well

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:This looks really cool.

Click the image VV

Seems like they are pulling out all of the stops on this one. And I do love me some Voltron. And those two covers look really cool.

They say that each appendage is going to have a box with 15 on it and they you can buy the big box with the main lion’s head. I cannot wait to see that one.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:55 pm

HERE is some more info on the dvd and extras.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:49 pm

Did anyone ever end up picking it up!

I cant find it anywere (as its sold out!)
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fievel on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Exterminans wrote:SVEN LIVES!

I missed this thread the first time around, and therefore missed this post.

I love this post.
I want a t-shirt.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to DVD / Blu-ray