worth renting
20%
worth buying
20%
useless and is the film equivalent to "smelling like ass"
No votes
it's just 'meh'
20%
havoc's a deutschbag for never seeing/hearing of it...
20%
sounds like an elvis song...
20%

Total votes : 5

Blue Sunshine - Anyone Seen It?!?

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:22 pm

okay... so every once in awhile - when perusing through my local geek oriented video store - i stumble across some "classic" horror movie that i've never heard of... i mean - there's a tonne there that i haven't had a chance to see yet - but this is one that - as far as i recall - i've never heard anything about - so i searched a bit on the net...

Blue Sunshine

they have the special Limited Edition DVD and it sounds pretty cool and interesting...and it seems to star soft-core simulated sex-scene master direcor Zalman King...

so i figured i'd throw this out there and see if any of you have had a chance to see it and what you think of it... i'll probably rent it one of these weekends either way - just trying to guage some opinions on it... is the film really bald and deadly - or does it just cause you to go mad in 10 years...

:D
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Theta on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 pm

Honestly, having been burned so many times by believing the hype over Blue Underground/Synapse/other cult label releases, I'm pretty damn skeptical that "Blue Sunshine" is really THAT good. I saw a little bit of it at my local DVD shop; not bad, although I wasn't terribly impressed.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Moriarty on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:27 pm

As someone who regularly enjoys some of the titles released by Blue Underground or Synapse or NoShame, allow me to say that BLUE SUNSHINE is a big studly mess. There are a few interesting ideas or moments, but it doesn't connect as a movie, and more than anything, it will probably bore you.
Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby DennisMM on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:45 pm

I liked Blue Sunshine a lot, but I am working on nearly 20-year-old memories. The image of people's hair falling out in the seconds before they go berserk was very entertaining. Zalman King once was a very intense, young performer and that carried over to this movie. One assumes that directing and producing offered a better living.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Theta on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:35 am

Moriarty wrote:As someone who regularly enjoys some of the titles released by Blue Underground or Synapse or NoShame, allow me to say that BLUE SUNSHINE is a big studly mess. There are a few interesting ideas or moments, but it doesn't connect as a movie, and more than anything, it will probably bore you.

Yeah, I think these labels run at about twenty percent home run versus 80% strike-out.

On the other hand, that twenty percent is worth it, which is why I keep buying their discs like the big disc whore that I am. I never would have seen "Django" or "God Told Me To" or "Street Trash" without them, and they also do their end for film history, putting out the more obscure and rare stuff.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:24 am

thnx guys... hmmm.... moriarty was bored...dennis liked it...now i'm more confused...i'll probably rent it and check it out... this vidoe store is cool cause you can buy any of the rental copies they have there - so if it is good - i can always grab it... i did hear zalman king was interesting in it -weird to see that what career path he chose instead...but once again - thnx... and - on a related but off topic note - this store also has a full criteron section and a full foreign section with damn near all the dvd's out there...so maybe i'll find more luck in those sections...

but like i said - thanx for the input guys...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby WinslowLeach on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:13 am

I didnt really like Blue Sunshine either. If you see "Fight For Your Life" at your store, Id reccomend that instead. Its one of my favorite 70s Exploitation flicks. Its been released by Blue Underground too.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:21 am

WinslowLeach wrote:I didnt really like Blue Sunshine either. If you see "Fight For Your Life" at your store, Id reccomend that instead. Its one of my favorite 70s Exploitation flicks. Its been released by Blue Underground too.

cool - thnx - i'll check around for it...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Theta on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:12 pm

WinslowLeach wrote:I didnt really like Blue Sunshine either. If you see "Fight For Your Life" at your store, Id reccomend that instead. Its one of my favorite 70s Exploitation flicks. Its been released by Blue Underground too.

Heh...amusingly, I'm not a fan of that one, although the promotional materials are hilarious, especially the "white" trailer back-to-back with the "black" trailer.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Return to DVD / Blu-ray