W0W!1! SCIENC3!1! Blu-Ray FTW!

Betamax and beyond

How will you be watching movies in the future?

DVD?
11%
HD-DVD?
13%
Blu-Ray?
51%
EVD?
1%
Holographic Optical Recording Technology?
4%
OLDSCHOOL BABY! Betamax/VHS?
3%
Projected onto your eyelids by your new 3D magic-movie eye?
3%
In the gorram CINEMA, all this tech costs tooo much........
15%

Total votes : 75

Postby Fawst on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:53 am

That's it... I've been bamboozled. I'm saving the money for a Pioneer 1080p Kuro. I can't believe how good those things look. It's just ridiculous. The new 2008 Panasonics come out very soon, but until I see a review that says they come anywhere NEAR the quality of the Kuro line, I'll be saving my pennies. Expensive freakin TV...
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nordling on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:55 pm

How much are we talking?
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:43 pm

this article talks about what to expect with BluRay pricing.... though it basically just repeats what some of us have already been saying in here.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Nordling wrote:How much are we talking?

On bestbuy the 50" Kuro is listed at $5k (on sale now for $4k). The 60" is listed at $6.5k (on sale now for $5.8k). These are both 1080p's.

Kuro 50 inch

Kuro 60 inch

I've been looking at these as well...they are very, very pretty. At the end of the day, though, I doubt I'll pay quite that much.
Last edited by Lord Voldemoo on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fawst on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Nordling wrote:How much are we talking?

Depends on the particular Kuro set you want. They have sizes between 42" and 60", in Elite/non-Elite models, with 768P or 1080P max resolution.

The PDP-5010FD (50", non-Elite 1080P model) is MSRP $4,999.99, but I've seen them as cheap as $3,500. You can probably find a better deal in a non-chain store. Best Buy has it listed for $4,000 last I checked. The most expensive Kuro MSRP is (I think) $7,500 for the Elite 1080P 60". They are stunning sets, but so is the Panasonic TH-50PZ700U (50" set) for at least a grand cheaper, if not more. Unfortunately, those are now being phased out pending the debut of the 2008 models (PZ800/850). I'm on the fence between the two. Every reviewer (except for Consumer Electronics) has called the Kuro the best Plasma available. Of course, owners of the Panasonics disagree and claim theirs is best. I'd be happy with either one, but I'm getting that itch of "I want the best!!!"

Of coure, by the time I have enough money to buy any set, the two that I'm eyeballing won't be available and I'll be stuck spending more money on the newer models :)

EDIT: Moo beat me to it heh
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nordling on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Competitive pricing may have already started. I just picked up GOODFELLAS for $14.99 and 2001 for $18.99 at Best Buy.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby sonnyboo on Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:07 pm

Nordling wrote:Competitive pricing may have already started. I just picked up GOODFELLAS for $14.99 and 2001 for $18.99 at Best Buy.

On HD-DVD or BLU RAY?

HD-DVD's will start to blow out. AMAZON.COM is already 50% off on most HD-DVD titles with free shipping. I'm combing eBay for some under $5 acquisitions of HD-DVD.

I'm days away from a PlayStation 3 so I can play BLU RAY. I've always wanted to own the CLOSE ENCOUNTERS on BLU RAY, plus I have a new 42" that does 1080P, and I am waaayyyyyy happy with that. It makes my old 30" looks so tiny....
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby Nordling on Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Blu-Ray. Sorry about that.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:22 pm

sonnyboo wrote:
Nordling wrote:Competitive pricing may have already started. I just picked up GOODFELLAS for $14.99 and 2001 for $18.99 at Best Buy.

On HD-DVD or BLU RAY?

HD-DVD's will start to blow out. AMAZON.COM is already 50% off on most HD-DVD titles with free shipping. I'm combing eBay for some under $5 acquisitions of HD-DVD.

I'm days away from a PlayStation 3 so I can play BLU RAY. I've always wanted to own the CLOSE ENCOUNTERS on BLU RAY, plus I have a new 42" that does 1080P, and I am waaayyyyyy happy with that. It makes my old 30" looks so tiny....

You just made me realize I got my tax return and technically I can afford a PS3 and I have a 1080p 52 plasma screen to attach it to.....ugh
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
sonnyboo wrote:

On HD-DVD or BLU RAY?

You just made me realize I got my tax return and technically I can afford a PS3 and I have a 1080p 52 plasma screen to attach it to.....ugh

Why is that an ugggh?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:You just made me realize I got my tax return and technically I can afford a PS3 and I have a 1080p 52 plasma screen to attach it to.....ugh

Iffa you hadda filled outta your W-4 form correctly anna properly calculated your withholdings, you could have a hadda the goddamn thing sooner rather than a later, after a the Uncle Sam, he sees a fit a to give a you back alla the extra money you gave him during a the year, no? Only, he donna give a you back alla the inna'terest he make off a you, hehehehe....

BWAHAHAHAH!! You goddamn putz!
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:56 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:You just made me realize I got my tax return and technically I can afford a PS3 and I have a 1080p 52 plasma screen to attach it to.....ugh

Iffa you hadda filled outta your W-4 form correctly anna properly calculated your withholdings, you could have a hadda the goddamn thing sooner rather than a later, after a the Uncle Sam, he sees a fit a to give a you back alla the extra money you gave him during a the year, no? Only, he donna give a you back alla the inna'terest he make off a you, hehehehe....

True but my income is too low for it to be a significant change per month.

stereosforgeeks wrote:Why is that an ugggh?

Less tempting to piss money away when you don't have it.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Chairm an Kaga wrote:You just made me realize I got my tax return and technically I can afford a PS3 and I have a 1080p 52 plasma screen to attach it to.....ugh

True but my income is too low for it to be a significant change per month.

Remember you'll still get an extra 600 dollars back soon too.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fawst on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Not THAT soon, still a few months away.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

if it really bothers you, just send the money to me, and i'll piss it away for you.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:13 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:although, I don't see the Sony support here as "fanboyism" - I see it as a group of early adopters who are quite rightly pleased that they didn't waste several hundred pounds/dollars on a soon-to-be-redundant format.

I thought they were buying a games machine? :wink:

Really? I'd say that's another misconception. Every PS3 owner I know chose the console because it also doubles up as a BD player - a comparitively cheap but technologically advanced BD player. If you know any PS3 owners who only bought it as a games machine, I'd like to know more.....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:16 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:although, I don't see the Sony support here as "fanboyism" - I see it as a group of early adopters who are quite rightly pleased that they didn't waste several hundred pounds/dollars on a soon-to-be-redundant format.

Really? I'd say that's another misconception. Every PS3 owner I know chose the console because it also doubles up as a BD player - a comparitively cheap but technologically advanced BD player. If you know any PS3 owners who only bought it as a games machine, I'd like to know more.....

as inferior as it is compared to a Wii or 360 as a game machine i would be shocked to hear of anyone who bought it purely as a game machine and not because it was a blu-ray player too.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby CeeBeeUK on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:51 am

Has the meaning of ;) changed?

AH's comment seemed tongue in cheek to me.

I know that when I decided on the PS3, the BD was a bonus, but primarily I wanted to play GTA IV in HD now, not on a PC at in 6 months!
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:12 am

CeeBeeUK wrote:Has the meaning of ;) changed?

Nope...

it still means the same thing it's always meant :wink:

...and you could have played GTA IV on the 360. Like you say, the BD was a bonus, hence your choice. Unless I'm missing something....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby CeeBeeUK on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:30 am

No absolutely not. I wanted a High Def console to play games and watch films.

I didn't want to give any money to Sony or Microsoft, but needs must...
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Peven on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:43 am

when we decided to get a next generation system for the family for Christmas this year we wanted nothing more than a good game system. Wii was the first choice, but alas we were unable to get our mits on one in time so we went with the clear second choice, the 360, with the X-Box Live aspect adding a great deal to the system's bang-for-the-buck, along with adding to the enjoyment and value of games bought for the system. the fact that i can download movies in HD is a bonus and one i was not aware of when we made the purchase. at school, the 360 rules among high-schoolers, who love either Halo or GoW, and at the primary and elementary level the Wii is the dominant system, hands down. Sony itself even pushes the blu-ray player as a differentiating point as to why people should spend the extra dough on their system. it is hardly an afterthought element that goes into the decision people make to buy one. i still contend that most people looking to get a pure game system without blu ray or HD player as consideration would buy either a Wii or 360.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby CeeBeeUK on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:07 am

Peven wrote:when we decided to get a next generation system for the family for Christmas this year we wanted nothing more than a good game system. Wii was the first choice, but alas we were unable to get our mits on one in time so we went with the clear second choice, the 360, with the X-Box Live aspect adding a great deal to the system's bang-for-the-buck, along with adding to the enjoyment and value of games bought for the system. the fact that i can download movies in HD is a bonus and one i was not aware of when we made the purchase. at school, the 360 rules among high-schoolers, who love either Halo or GoW, and at the primary and elementary level the Wii is the dominant system, hands down. Sony itself even pushes the blu-ray player as a differentiating point as to why people should spend the extra dough on their system. it is hardly an afterthought element that goes into the decision people make to buy one. i still contend that most people looking to get a pure game system without blu ray or HD player as consideration would buy either a Wii or 360.

I think you can expand this to say that for a pure gaming machine you have to chose Wii, as it only plays games.

Both Xbox and PS3 are trying to persuade you that they are a one box serves all home entertainment center. That's fine, that's why I wanted the PS3, I didn't want extra power supplies and boxes for the Xbox external HD drive and to pay extra for the wireless network kit, etc.
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Peven on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:16 am

CeeBeeUK wrote:
Peven wrote:when we decided to get a next generation system for the family for Christmas this year we wanted nothing more than a good game system. Wii was the first choice, but alas we were unable to get our mits on one in time so we went with the clear second choice, the 360, with the X-Box Live aspect adding a great deal to the system's bang-for-the-buck, along with adding to the enjoyment and value of games bought for the system. the fact that i can download movies in HD is a bonus and one i was not aware of when we made the purchase. at school, the 360 rules among high-schoolers, who love either Halo or GoW, and at the primary and elementary level the Wii is the dominant system, hands down. Sony itself even pushes the blu-ray player as a differentiating point as to why people should spend the extra dough on their system. it is hardly an afterthought element that goes into the decision people make to buy one. i still contend that most people looking to get a pure game system without blu ray or HD player as consideration would buy either a Wii or 360.

I think you can expand this to say that for a pure gaming machine you have to chose Wii, as it only plays games.

Both Xbox and PS3 are trying to persuade you that they are a one box serves all home entertainment center. That's fine, that's why I wanted the PS3, I didn't want extra power supplies and boxes for the Xbox external HD drive and to pay extra for the wireless network kit, etc.

yeah, "pure gaming" is Wii's domain. while the 360 is not as pure, and does try to market the "all-in-one" concept, even the online aspect is game-centric, it just adds a virtual community to play with, and their arcade taps into a lot of that simple game pleasure that the Wii taps. Uno is a very popular game on X-Box Live, for instance. the distinction between Wii and 360 in the "pure gaming' isn't as great as you make out, imo, because i think pure gamers love to play against other people, not just the machine, and with Live an entire new dimension of gaming is opened up a true gamer can really get into. just look at Trevor and Athena. they are gamers, BIG TIME, and they are 360'ers.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:30 am

How do I linkto my movie journal? I.e my link takes the "reader" to MY part of the page?

thanking you kindly
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby CeeBeeUK on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:37 am

If you click on the little white square next to the word posted, it takes you to that post.

Trying to get a screen shot to demonstrate...
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:44 am

I know... ;-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:19 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:

i bought mine as a BR player. i got a couple games, but i will be spending far more time watching movies than playing games.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby sonnyboo on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:46 pm

i now have BLU RAY with a PS3... it only took 2 hours to get it to update via the Ethernet connection and and then futzing with the batteries of the $25 remote that I had to buy separetely, but I have BLU RAY.

a free SPIDERMAN-3 blu ray.. just rub it in with a crappy movie too.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby King Psyz on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:20 pm

2 hours? call your ISP, mine took maybe around 20 minutes including some updates for some games I bought.

BTW, head to the PS3 thread in Games and post your PSN if you plan on gaming or chatting. That goes for all the PS3 owners who have yet to do so.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:58 pm

King Psyz wrote:2 hours? call your ISP, mine took maybe around 20 minutes including some updates for some games I bought.

BTW, head to the PS3 thread in Games and post your PSN if you plan on gaming or chatting. That goes for all the PS3 owners who have yet to do so.

AWWWW...coming soon to the Zone...XBOX360 online gamers vs. PS3 online gamers...
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby King Psyz on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Hollywood_Bob wrote:
King Psyz wrote:2 hours? call your ISP, mine took maybe around 20 minutes including some updates for some games I bought.

AWWWW...coming soon to the Zone...XBOX360 online gamers vs. PS3 online gamers...

EH?

You do know I have a PS3 and that several of us have already posted our PSN accounts right?

I have no animosity towards people playing a 360, I think they chose wrong with the RRoD and all, but there's no VS.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:45 pm

King Psyz wrote:
Hollywood_Bob wrote:

EH?

You do know I have a PS3 and that several of us have already posted our PSN accounts right?

I have no animosity towards people playing a 360, I think they chose wrong with the RRoD and all, but there's no VS.

Bob's just havin' a laugh. ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:22 pm

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45230

Microsoft confims that HD-DVD is dead.

Now the oft-rumored Blu-Ray add-on is seriously being discussed. Projections say expect on by spring of 09. Possibly by holiday 08, but that's optimistic, I think.

Oh, and I thought this was funny.

Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fievel on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45230

Now the oft-rumored Blu-Ray add-on is seriously being discussed. Projections say expect on by spring of 09. Possibly by holiday 08, but that's optimistic, I think.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby CeeBeeUK on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:57 pm

I love the little kid going in for the kill shot just as the clip ends :D
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Whahaha fantastic :D !! I love how the blu kid switches his saber from hand to hand as well. He is so in control.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Whahaha fantastic :D !! I love how the blu kid switches his saber from hand to hand as well. He is so in control.

Makes me think of The Princess Bride: "I'm not really left handed..."
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:12 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45230

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i love it!

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:47 am

Did anybody do this? For three cents less than the price of the TV you get a 40" Sony Bravia 1080p TV, a 40GB PS3, one movie, and one game. There is a better illustration of it if you click on the link for the weekly ad, its on page one. I did not bow to the peer pressure, but I am so tempted. I think I'm gonna hold off until Christmas and take advantage of those sales.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 pm

Bump for direct link to the offer.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:14 pm

I suppose it's a nice offer if you want to drop $1500 on the TV and give two tugs of a dog's dick about games. I just want to have a decent TV and watch videos. If the PS3 is really the best deal on a Blu-Ray, I'd consider buying one rather than a dedicated DVD player. But there's no way I'm paying $1900 so my movies will be prettier. I have far better things to do with that kind of cash.

In other news, I'm near PAMPILASHing over the main site. Ads for HD-DVD titles - HALF OFF! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Fawst on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:27 pm

If it was the NEW Bravia XBR4 (I believe that's the model), I'd be on that deal like flies on shit. The new Sonys are gorgeous sets, but I don't know how well they handle blur/ghosting on games. That's one area of research I haven't explored at all, the modern LCD set. But I HAVE seen the newest Bravia hooked up to Blu-Ray players. Let me tell you, even in torch mode with no calibration of any kind, the quality of the BR demo is fan-fucking-tabulous on those sets.

Why am I gushing over the new Bravia, when this offer is for an old one? I wouldn't jump on that deal, Tyrone. You're better off going to a B&M A/V dealer (NOT Best Buy or Circuit City) and seeing what kind of a deal you can get on the Panasonic 7x/7xx model plasmas. I am pretty sure the lower end (entry level models) are around the same price as that total package. Far better television, one of the best on the market, at a very reasonable price.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:53 pm

By the way, I'm not sure if it's still on the racks, but the new Consumer Reports came out with its report on Top TVs. They review LCD, Plasma, and Projection sets.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Fievel wrote:By the way, I'm not sure if it's still on the racks, but the new Consumer Reports came out with its report on Top TVs. They review LCD, Plasma, and Projection sets.

I used to have a subscription to the website, if I still did I'd totally infringe their copyright and post it here. :P

If anyone has access, can you give us the nutshell??
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I didn't get it. Right now I'm better off spending $1900 on a new vehicle than on a TV. I'm gonna hold out for bigger and better TVs during the holiday sales.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:09 pm

I know that the top ranked Plasma in that Consumer Reports listing was a Panasonic. I believe it was the TH-PZ700U. It MIGHT have been the 750U, but I doubt it due to that set's added cost for features that you don't really need. The 700U is a cheaper set, but the quality is just as good. Until the Kuro line was released by Pioneer, it was being hailed as THE plasma set to own. Prior to THAT, the generation before it was ranked as having the best black levels available in a plasma set. Of course, the Kuro holds that title now.

Oddly enough, CR ranked the Panasonic over the Kuro models. Their reasoning was price-based, I believe. The problem with that logic is that some people prefer the high quality over the "very good," consumer-friendly models.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Plasma TVs (* = 1080p Resolution)

Numbers in blue indicate a Quick Pick.

58-inch and larger
1. Panasonic TH-58PZ750U (Score of 78)*
2. LG 60PY3D (Score of 78)*
3. Pioneer PDP-6010FD (Score of 77)*
6. Vizio Maximvs VM60P HDT-V10A (Score of 65) - Rated as a Best Buy

50-inch Models
1. Panasonic TH-50PZ700U (Score of 81)*
2. LG 50PY3D (Score of 79)*
3. Panasonic TH-50PZ750U (Score of 78)*
4. Panasonic TH-50PX75U (Score of 78) - Rated as a Best Buy

42-inch Models
1. Pioneer ELite PRO-950HD (Score of 79)
2. Panasonic TH-42PX77U (Score of 77) - Rated as a Best Buy
3. Panasonic TH-42PZ700U (Score of 74)*
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:33 pm

LCD TVs (* = 1080p Resolution)

52-inch and Larger Models - (No "Best Buy" listed)
1. Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR4 (Score of 79)*
2. Sharp Aquos LC-52D64U (Score of 78)*
3. Samsung LN-T5281F (Score of 77)*

46 to 47 inch Models
1. Sony BRavia KDL-46XBR5 (Score of 80)*
2. Samsung LN-T4661F (Score of 79)*
3. Samsung LN-T4671F (Score of 77)*
6. Sony Bravia KDL-46S3000 (Score of 76) - Rated a Best Buy

40 to 42 inch Models
1. Samsung LN-T4053H (Score of 77)
2. Sony Bravia KDL-40V3000 (Score of 76)*
3. Samsung LN-T4061F (Score of 76)*
8. Toshiba Regza 42HL67 (Score of 71) - Rated a Best Buy
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Awesome. Thanks Fievel!
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Rear Projection TVs

60 inch and Larger (Tested models are 1080p)
1. Sony KDS-R60XBR2 (Score of 83) (LCoS - Liquid Crystal on Silicon display)
2. Sony KDS-60A3000 (Score of 74) (LCoS)
3. Samsung HL-T6189S (Score of 74) (DLP - Digital Light Projection)

50 to 58 inch Models (Tested models are 1080p)
1. Samsung HL-T5687S (Score of 76) (DLP)
2. Sony KDS-55A3000 (Score of 72) (LCoS)
3. Samsung HL-S5687W (Score of 72) (DLP)

No Best Buys rated for the Rear-projection sets.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to DVD / Blu-ray