"The Wizard" is available 8/29

Betamax and beyond

Postby Theta on Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 pm

Yes, this deep vein of '80s cheese will be available in August at the very reasonable MAP of $14.95 (which means realistically it'll be ten bucks the first day and seven bucks if you give it a year.)

And, it will be in anamorphic widescreen. Unlike the unaltered versions of Star Wars.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Tue May 23, 2006 8:26 pm

awesome!

i love the power glove.
its so bad!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 23, 2006 9:07 pm

That was on tele a short while back in England.

It was soooo funny. Gotta love Fred Savage
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Pudie on Tue May 23, 2006 9:08 pm

Any special features?
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Seppuku on Tue May 23, 2006 9:19 pm

You gotta respect any film that casts Richard Pryor as Tha [dayuum] Wiz. Wait, wrong movie. I don't think I've seen this one since I was six, though I vaguely remember a pre-Nicholson impersonator Christian Slater, and Fred "brother of Boy from Boy Meets World" Savage playing a bratty kid.

Yeah, Imma leave this one in the dark recesses of my mind...sometimes dredging things up isn't too good an idea. I might just be reminded of the hopeful, bright-eyed kid I was when I first saw this and have to get down with the crazy seppuku.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby havocSchultz on Tue May 23, 2006 9:33 pm

wasn't this movie actually just one of the world's longest and most expensive commercials...

and how the fuck did the kid find the warps in mario 3 so quickly if the game was brand-spanking new to everybody...

wizard my ass - i thinks we have a spy amongst us...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 1:04 am

What's really awesome is that in the Director's Cut, Frank Savage grows some balls.

I shit you not.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sun May 28, 2006 2:03 am

Ahh, I still have memories of being left alone with my little sister and this film, because my dad had to work and my mom was at a painting class.
I ate too much junk food and promptly got sick. That's my big memory of the movie!

And it revealed that Dino's Kong at Universal Studios has no legs, thereby removing my fear of him!!

My friends and I were so lame, we only got Super Mario Bros AFTER the film, I didn't get 3 for years!!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 2:10 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:And it revealed that Dino's Kong at Universal Studios has no legs, thereby removing my fear of him!!

<offtopic>

Yeah, groing up in Florida, my friends and I would go to Universal pretty much every year. We used to bring markers to "tag" the line that you would have to wait in in order to experience the ride. Did I really just use "in in" in a sentence. You're goddamn right I did.

I also brought a cap gun into the ride and I shot a few off at Kong while we were riding. You know how they show the video at the end where it's supposed to show your reaction to the events? Priceless, I tell you. I was the King of Gifted Studies for at least a week.

</off topic>

EDT: Speling.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby bastard_robo on Sun May 28, 2006 2:56 am

HOLY FUCKING TAP DANCING JEASUS ON A POLE FULL OF CRAP NEXT TO A BUNCH OF MONKEYS...CHRIST!

seriously, i loved this movie. I saw it in theaters as a kid like 10 times. I was big nintendo whore around the age of 6.

I do remember thinking how the fuck did the ALF kid find that warp wistle, and how excatly did he know how to use it!!!!!!!!

HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also remember my mom having to shut me up after yelling at the screen when they premired MARIO 3, i proclaimed that no such thing exisited!!!!! and made damn sure that the rest of the audiance knew this information.

3 months later, mario 3 comes out, and once again, i look a like a jackass.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby kortanaskew on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:51 pm

Any special features?

Fred Savage showing you how to get the FLUTE in the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy for Nintendo Wii. ;)

This movie rocks.
kortanaskew
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby StarWarsRedux on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:30 pm

Ah. It'll be nice to see this flick again. It's basically one of the only movies I watch purely for nostalgic reasons.

"California..."
StarWarsRedux
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby dislexsickNik on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:42 pm

It's strange cos at the time this came out i loved nintendo and i liked the film mainly cos i was 11 and i got to see mario 3 and the powerglove so i was amazed but i preferd savages other 1989 family flick Little Monsters.

I havent watched either of them in years but i got them both on vid i might sit watch them this weekend and see which one i prefer now
dislexsickNik
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby The Vicar on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:44 pm

havocSchultz wrote:wasn't this movie actually just one of the world's longest and most expensive commercials...

and how the fuck did the kid find the warps in mario 3 so quickly if the game was brand-spanking new to everybody...

wizard my ass - i thinks we have a spy amongst us...

It wasn't as bad as Mac and Me, was it?
That has to be the hands-down, penises out alltime film-as-commerical winner.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby The Vicar on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:46 pm

Lurker Johnson wrote:What's really awesome is that in the Director's Cut, Frank Savage grows some balls.

I shit you not.

On camera?
Like the changing-into-a-werewolf scene in American Werewolf in London?
Wuff !
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Return to DVD / Blu-ray