Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Betamax and beyond

Re: Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Postby sonnyboo on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:52 am

The eyes thing is not about real life and you NOT being a replicant, but within the world of Blade Runner, the ONLY people to have it were replicants. The blurred, out of focus shot of Deckard having it was a clue, but not necessarily a fact that he may be.

The dialogue and lack of info on the 5th replicant with Bryant is a much bigger clue in some ways. Electrified by a fence, but no file, not dates, nothing.

I had already bought the 5 disc set for $35 on HD-DVD, but then I was able to get the 5 DVD set in Blu-Ray for $15 at Best Buy on sale, so I have it twice and I don't care...it was too cheap to pass up.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:00 am

I haven't made the hi-def switch yet (probably wont for several years). But I have to think this is one film that definately shines in 1080p.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:57 am

sonnyboo wrote:The eyes thing is not about real life and you NOT being a replicant, but within the world of Blade Runner, the ONLY people to have it were replicants. The blurred, out of focus shot of Deckard having it was a clue, but not necessarily a fact that he may be.

The dialogue and lack of info on the 5th replicant with Bryant is a much bigger clue in some ways. Electrified by a fence, but no file, not dates, nothing.

You're mixing up versions though. While the final cut includes the redeye shot of Deckard, the reference to a 5th replicant has been removed to fix the continuity error....and it was an error, which only leaked through into the script after "Mary Replicant" was cut and time/money prevented it from being changed.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby sonnyboo on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:I haven't made the hi-def switch yet (probably wont for several years). But I have to think this is one film that definately shines in 1080p.

Believe me ... it DOES. THe depth and detail in the remastered "FINAL CUT" look spectacular in both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby max314 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am

I was introduced to the film via the 1992 director's cut about 7 or 8 years ago, and I've been hooked ever since.

I was lucky enough to see Blade Runner: The Final Cut during its limited run at a cinema in Brixton, London. Devastatingly beautiful.

The film seems to deliberately substitute narrative torque for tonal insight. In that sense, it truly is an anomaly in the realm of film noir, which has a propensity to drive its stories forwards with almost ruthless abandon. But Scott goes in the absolute opposite direction.

Incredible film. But it is rather slow for a film called "Blade Runner" :lol:
Weapon of MAX Destruction
max314
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby sonnyboo on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

I recently saw a FAN EDIT of an extended cut with all the deleted scenes and even some shots from the documentary incorporated into the movie. It was an interesting viewing. I like the world we live in when we can see these kinds of alternate cuts, and well done too.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Previous

Return to DVD / Blu-ray