New and Upcoming DVDs and BluRays

Betamax and beyond

Re: New and Upcoming DVDs

Postby Osi on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:40 am

Where i can purchase new movie DVD at cheap price ?
Osi
GLIB

Postby SilentBobX on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Last 2 purchases from the holy pile at Big Lots' $3 section:

Horror of Dracula
Mighty Joe Young(original)

They're even selling older films now. Selection is improving, now if they could just toss out the Dean Cain DTV crap to make way for more Hammer films and Harryhausen films, I'd spend more time there

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:17 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:55 am

X-Men and X2 on Blu-ray April 21, so sayeth these guys.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

New DVD Releases

Postby coolzh on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:46 am

here are some interesting video/DVD releases slated for next week, including Australia, Beverly Hills Chihuahua and I've Loved You So Long. Let's take a look at these movies on DVD and video, along with some additional releases of interest.

March 3, 2009 - New DVD Releases:

Australia DVD
Length: 165 minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some violence, a scene of sensuality, and brief strong language

Baz Luhrmann directed this spectacular epic romantic drama that stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. The story is set in northern Australia during the period 1939 to 1942. Kidman plays Lady Sarah Ashley, a refined widow who must run a huge cattle station in the remote outback. To do that, she has to have the help of the Drover (Jackman), a scruffy cowboy. There's an exciting cattle drive fraught with peril, the Japanese bomb the port town of Darwin and Sarah and Drover fall in love. There's also a half-Aboriginal boy the government is seeking to take from his mother.
Selected DVD Special Features:

* Widescreen

Formats Available: The above information on special features refers to the DVD. Check with your video store/online rental service for availability in other formats, including streaming video/digital download.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua DVD
Length: 91 minutes
MPAA Rating: PG for some mild thematic elements

This is a live-action Disney family comedy with talking dogs. The main character is Chloe (voice of Drew Barrymore), a pampered Chihuahua belonging to a cosmetics mogul (Jamie Lee Curtis) living in Beverly Hills. When the owner's niece (Piper Perabo) takes Chloe on a vacation in Mexico, the spoiled pooch gets lost. The movie is mostly about the talking dogs Chloe encounters on her long journey home. There's lots of Latino voice talent, including Andy Garcia, Edward James Olmos, George Lopez, Paul Rodriguez, Cheech Marin and Plácido Domingo.

* Widescreen

Formats Available: The above information on special features refers to the DVD. Check with your video store/online rental service for availability in other formats, including streaming video/digital download.

I've Loved You So Long DVD
Length: 115 minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for thematic material and smoking

Kristin Scott Thomas (The English Patient, Four Weddings and a Funeral) gives a fine performance in this French-language drama. After spending 15 years in prison, Juliette (Scott Thomas) is released and goes to live with her younger sister Léa (Elsa Zylberstein). Set in the university city of Nancy, France, the film's narrative is driven by unveiling the details of Juliette's crime until a moment of revelation near the end. But the strength of the movie is in its handling of character and closely observed day-to-day life. Essentially, this is a story of healing and beginning anew.

* Widescreen
coolzh
GLIB

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:23 am

The upcoming release of My Bloody Valentine 3D on blu-ray will apparently be in 3D even in your home. I have never seen a 3D movie and almost went to see this in the cinema just for the novelty of the technology, I'm not generally interested in slasher movies. I'm excited to see how the technology will work.

I've read some stuff online saying there is a difference between "digital 3D" and old fashioned "regular 3D" and that the theatrical release of this film was in digital 3D but the home video version will be regular. Can anybody here elaborate?
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 am

The Benjamin Button DVD and Blu-ray coming out May 5 is from Criterion.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby spock of the walk on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm

anyone else picking up the wrestler tomorrow?
"He told me he understood, but I could see it in his eyes that he didn't. He was lying to me."
spock of the walk
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:03 am

So I'm looking at Harry's list of new DVDs and after watching the I Dismember Mama trailer I go to Amazon to check it out. While I'm there I go looking for The Blood Spattered Bride because that intrigued me too. I noticed it was from Blue Underground so I check to see what else BU has because I know they have quite the selection of beautifully deranged cinema. There I find these:

Circle of Iron [Blu-ray] (1978)
The Adventure Epic Written By Bruce Lee - His Dream Project He Never Lived To See!

At the height of his international fame, the legendary Bruce Lee - along with his friend and student James Coburn and Oscar-winning screenwriter Stirling Silliphant - began to write what he believed would be the greatest achievement of his film career. Five years after his mysterious death, Lee's vision would finally be realized. David Carradine (KILL BILL), Christopher Lee (THE LORD OF THE RINGS), Roddy McDowall (PLANET OF THE APES) and Eli Wallach (THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY) star in this acclaimed cult hit that brings Lee's personal philosophy to the screen with a still-potent combination of mysticism, humor and martial arts mayhem.

CIRCLE OF IRON - also know as THE SILENT FLUTE - is now presented in stunning High Definition, remixed in bone-crunching 7.1 DTS-HD and 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, and packed with nearly 2 hours of "Kick Ass" Extras!

EXTRAS:
Audio Commentary with Director Richard Moore
"Playing the Silent Flute" - Interview with Star David Carradine
"The Producer" - Interview with Co-Producer Paul Maslansky
"Karate Master" - Interview with Martial Arts Coordinator Joe Lewis
Audio Interview with Co-Writer Stirling Silliphant
Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots

Man that is one fuct up movie. I saw it as a kid and remembered one scene in particular. I saw it again late last year just to see if it was the movie I remembered for that one scene. I cheered when it was but hoo-boy is there a bunch of weird stuff to get there. Carradine plays three roles, one of them a monkey man. The guy in the water barrel in the middle of the desert. The fight scenes. To repeat the product description, James Coburn co-wrote it. Very Zen.

Fast Company [Blu-ray] (1978)
The Legendary Drive-In Classic from the Director of THE FLY, SCANNERS and A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE

In between his horror hits RABID and THE BROOD, award-winning director David Cronenberg immersed himself in the gritty world of top-fuel dragsters to make what he considers to be one of the most important movies of his entire career. Genre icons William Smith (RED DAWN, MANIAC COP), John Saxon (ENTER THE DRAGON, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET) and drive-in goddess Claudia Jennings (in her final role before her tragic death) star in this surprising story of a corporate-sponsored racing team and the explosive obsessions that speed them through lives of fast cars, fast cash and FAST COMPANY.

Due to a mysterious distribution snafu, FAST COMPANY was barely released in America and has remained virtually unseen anywhere in the world. Blue Underground is proud to present this action-packed drama in High Definition, transferred under the supervision of cinematographer Mark Irwin (SCREAM, VIDEODROME), remixed in room-rattling 7.1 DTS-HD and 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, and packed with nitro-burning Extras, including Cronenberg's two fascinating - and equally rare - early features, STEREO and CRIMES OF THE FUTURE.

EXTRAS:
Audio Commentary with Co-Writer/Director David Cronenberg
"Inside the Character Actor's Studio" - Interviews with Stars William Smith and John Saxon
"Shooting Cronenberg" - Interview with Director of Photography Mark Irwin
Theatrical Trailer
The Early Films of David Cronenberg: STEREO and CRIMES OF THE FUTURE
Enhanced for D-Box Motion Control Systems

Cronenberg made a drag race movie?! Surely one of the cars starts as a tumor on someone. I haven't seen this one but I will. A drag race movie? Cronenberg?

Anybody know if Blue Underground is hiring? That might be the only way I can afford all the other movies I want too.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Gerald Fried on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:14 am

We don't appear to have a random thread for DVD stuff...so rantish comments here I suppose:

2010 - Warners have never released a good copy of the film on DVD. There was an abysmal, fuzzy pictured, letterboxed copy released by them back in 2000.

Yet they've now released a Blu-Ray edition...yet back a couple of years they claimed it wasn't a marketable enough film to warrant a new release. Twunts.
Gerald Fried
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby so sorry on Tue May 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Per H@rry's DVD column, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly has been released on bluRay, and he says it looks amazing. THIS is a film worth buying a BR player and kick ass home theater set up for...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu May 21, 2009 11:44 am

We've got release dates for two of this year's most panned stinkers:

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li will hit video in 3 disc super collector's edition on June 30th! Yes, that's right 3 discs. I'm assuming there's just one disc worth of special features and the third disc is the one that allows me to download the movie to my nosering or something, but if they actually have 2 discs worth of supplements that'll be amazing.

Dragonball: Evolution will hit video on July 31st.

I haven't seen either and intend to doublebill these films. Should be an awesome evening of complete garbage.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby travis-dane on Thu May 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:We've got release dates for two of this year's most panned stinkers:

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li will hit video in 3 disc super collector's edition on June 30th! Yes, that's right 3 discs. I'm assuming there's just one disc worth of special features and the third disc is the one that allows me to download the movie to my nosering or something, but if they actually have 2 discs worth of supplements that'll be amazing.

Dragonball: Evolution will hit video on July 31st.

I haven't seen either and intend to doublebill these films. Should be an awesome evening of complete garbage.

Dragonball is very bad. No fun at all. But at least it's short, 72 minutes without credits. Have fun....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri May 22, 2009 7:31 am

travis-dane wrote:Dragonball is very bad. No fun at all. But at least it's short, 72 minutes without credits. Have fun....

Well, I've never seen the cartoon, so I'll probably have more fun watching it than all the fans who hate it. I played a video game of it one time and there were men made of bubblegum, which I really liked. And some angry elves 'n stuff. Crazy characters.

As for The Legend of Chun-Li, this 3 disc edition is apparently not only "unrated" but also "unleashed", I can't wait to find out what that means.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri May 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:
travis-dane wrote:Dragonball is very bad. No fun at all. But at least it's short, 72 minutes without credits. Have fun....

Well, I've never seen the cartoon, so I'll probably have more fun watching it than all the fans who hate it. I played a video game of it one time and there were men made of bubblegum, which I really liked. And some angry elves 'n stuff. Crazy characters.

As for The Legend of Chun-Li, this 3 disc edition is apparently not only "unrated" but also "unleashed", I can't wait to find out what that means.

I can think of a couple things I'd like Kristin Kreuk to unleash.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:18 am

Street Fighter is pure Shit!

Dragonball is ok, at least that film MADE an attempt at the source material.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DennisMM on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Watchmen arrives on July 21. This is the "director's cut," with some extended scenes and deleted scenes included. Runs about 3 hours, or so I've read. However, they'll be double-dipping come Christmas with a version that includes "Tales of the Black Freighter" - apparently cut into the film's narrative. What a bunch of whores WB have become. I'll be waiting until Christmas and will rent the first release.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Watchmen Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:19 pm

From Bleeding Cool:
Friday Morning Internet Runaround - Watchmen Five Disc, San Diego Thursday With Joss@Dollhouse And Wednesday Vs Pirates

Rich Johnston wrote:Who Waits For The Watchmen? A Five Disc Set coming in December. How do we know? A $10 voucher inside the Watchmen Three Disc Set just being released. Damn, that’s sneaky.

Featuring the Black Freighter animation threaded into the movie, the Under The Hood documentary, a new commentary by Snyder and Gibbons and the Watchmen motion comic. Okay, I think I’ll hold out for that one now…

From The HD Room: First Watchmen Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray Details
Now thanks to this flier we know the set is coming in December and will span a whopping 5 discs! For reference, the director's cut set is three discs, one of which is dedicated to the standard definition digital copy.

The flier also reveals there will be a new commentary track from director Zack Snyder and Dave Gibbons, 2+ hours of bonus content including Hollis Mason's Tell All "Under the Hood," and the complete Watchmen Motion Comics.

The most intriguing addition is Tales of the Black Freighter will be "woven into" the director's cut of watchmen for an all-new creative cut of the film. It is an intriguing concept but I hope the director's cut is also available sans the Black Freighter for those who will be passing on this initial Watchmen Blu-ray release.

The last bit of news garnered from the flier is a $10 off the Watchmen: Ultimate Collector's Edition on Blu-ray coupon for anyone who registers with WB Insider Rewards. Sounds like a no-brainer if this set is on your radar.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm

IFC Films Teams With Criterion

Of note to me in the article are Che and Y Tu Mama Tambien.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Gojira Blu-ray

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:09 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Blu-ray

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:11 am

From Collider:
First Look at the Features and Box Art for WATCHMEN - THE ULTIMATE CUT
Blu-ray (4 Discs)

Blu-ray Features:

Disc 1:

* Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Film
* Audio Commentary with Zack Snyder and Dave Gibbons

Disc 2: Over 3 Hours of Special Features

* The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics
* Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes
* Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World
* Watchmen: Video Journals
* My Chemical Romance Desolation Row
* Under The Hood
* Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen

Disc 3: Digital Copy of the Theatrical Version

Disc 4: Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comics

BD-Live
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby spock of the walk on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:24 pm

anyone see dark country yet? imdb boards are pretty worthless especially when it comes to stdvd. just a bunch of dicks voting it down before it is even released.
"He told me he understood, but I could see it in his eyes that he didn't. He was lying to me."
spock of the walk
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:52 pm

I just recieved the news that Dolph's & Langella's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE is finally coming out on DVD here in Germany! Don't know if it has been released anywhere else yet (I saw some bootlegs. That doesn't count), but I'm happy that my country finally gets one of the most wanted chunks of 80's-cheese-awesomness on DVD!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby spock of the walk on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:33 pm

i saw dark country for sale at walmart for $14 so i got it. the movie is definately confusing at first but i am pretty sure i have it figured out. i enjoyed it but it is probably one of those films people will love or hate.
spock of the walk
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby St. Alphonzo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but does anyone happen to know why the UK version of Monty Python - Almost The Truth is listed as being considerably longer than the US version (465 vs 360 minutes)? What's in there? Are we Yanks going to be double-dipped (again)?
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:43 pm

St. Alphonzo wrote:Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but does anyone happen to know why the UK version of Monty Python - Almost The Truth is listed as being considerably longer than the US version (465 vs 360 minutes)? What's in there? Are we Yanks going to be double-dipped (again)?

The UK is metric time.

I did some quick searching,but all I could find out was that other people had the same question.Most US retailers have 360 listed as the runtime, but for some reason Barnes and Noble has it at 463.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Raziel on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:04 am

The Watchmen Director's Cut has finally gotten an R2 release. Think I'll hold out for the Ultimate Edition. Although maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much (it can't be much better than the flawed original cut, can it). :wink:
Raziel
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DennisMM on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:35 am

The DC actually is a good deal better than the theatrical cut. But since the theatrical cut ranks about 6/10, that's not saying much.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Re: Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Blu-ray

Postby DennisMM on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:36 am

TheButcher wrote:From Collider:
First Look at the Features and Box Art for WATCHMEN - THE ULTIMATE CUT
Blu-ray (4 Discs)

Blu-ray Features:

Disc 1:

* Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Film
* Audio Commentary with Zack Snyder and Dave Gibbons

Disc 2: Over 3 Hours of Special Features

* The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics
* Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes
* Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World
* Watchmen: Video Journals
* My Chemical Romance Desolation Row
* Under The Hood
* Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen

Disc 3: Digital Copy of the Theatrical Version

Disc 4: Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comics

BD-Live

That's a three-disc set at best, if you ask me. Digital copies, for heaven's sake.
DennisMM

MTV's Oddities: The Maxx and The Head

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Maxx and The Head

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:34 am

Saints be praised!
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Jaws 19 in 3D

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 am

Check it out Back To The Future is getting the Blu-ray treatment.

From CHUD:
JAWS 19 IN 3D
I hope it includes Biff's Question Song.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 am

Raziel wrote:The Watchmen Director's Cut has finally gotten an R2 release. Think I'll hold out for the Ultimate Edition. Although maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much (it can't be much better than the flawed original cut, can it). :wink:

I thought it was. But it depends on what your issues were with the original theatrical cut. If you just hated the whole look of the movie or the performances or the way they changed the plot, then no, the ultimate cut will probably be worse for you.

If you're like me and found the movie's pacing off and that it lacked a sense of scope and that you got no feel for the world this story was taking place in, then yes, the ultimate cut improves on all of those aspects.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Bayouwolf on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:
If you're like me and found the movie's pacing off and that it lacked a sense of scope and that you got no feel for the world this story was taking place in, then yes, the ultimate cut improves on all of those aspects.

Completely agree.
I saw the original cut on opening day, and I felt a bit cheated. The Ultimate edition fills in all the blanks quite nicely.

Although, I gotta say I wasn't really impressed with the style they incorporated for the Black Freighter bits.... Granted, it was an integral part of the GN, so it needed to be included, but did it have to look like Heavy Metal 2000?
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Re: Jaws 19 in 3D

Postby quiethell on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 am

TheButcher wrote:Check it out Back To The Future is getting the Blu-ray treatment.

Can't wait, and I heard Jurassic Park may finally come out this year... same with Aliens. It's about time.
quiethell
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Dumbo Blu-ray

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:17 am

Managed to talk the manager of my friends Blockbuster in to selling me Ponyo a few days early..

20 minutes later, I find Zodiac: The Directors Cut at a Staples for $7.99...

2 days ago, I found:

Eastern Promises and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Secret of the Ooze for $2.99 each
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SilentBobX on Sun May 02, 2010 4:48 pm

http://forums.yojoe.com/news/74974-shou ... 987-a.html

Yo Joe indeed. Not the live action one, but on bluray? Hells yeah.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

SHOGUN ASSASSIN

Postby TheButcher on Mon May 24, 2010 4:42 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 am

From ToH:
Oscilloscope to Release Cazale Doc I Knew It Was You on DVD
In acting circles, the late John Cazale was a respected character actor even before he played Fredo in The Godfather and its first sequel and Stan in The Deer Hunter.

Adam Yauch’s Oscilloscope has acquired the lauded 39-minute HBO Cazale documentary I Knew It Was You for North American DVD distribution. Directed by Richard Shepherd, the film examines the life of the under-appreciated actor who worked with the likes of Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and Robert De Niro, who are interviewed in the film, along with Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Rockwell and Brett Ratner, one of the film’s producers. Streep, Cazale’s fiance, threatened to quit The Deer Hunder when the producers didn’t want to hire Cazale, who was dying of cancer during the filming. De Niro paid to insure him for the film when nobody else would.

The film aims to bring overdue recognition to Cazale, who despite his short resume of five best-picture nominees (he died before the release of The Deer Hunter) had a major influence on those who knew and worked with him. Pacino says in the documentary, “I learned more about acting from John than anybody.” Enough said.

The film was produced by Ratner and Stacey Reiss, premiered at Sundance 2009 and aired on HBO on June 1, 2010. Its DVD release is set for the pre-holiday season this year.

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 pm

TheButcher wrote:From ToH:
Oscilloscope to Release Cazale Doc I Knew It Was You on DVD
In acting circles, the late John Cazale was a respected character actor even before he played Fredo in The Godfather and its first sequel and Stan in The Deer Hunter.

Adam Yauch’s Oscilloscope has acquired the lauded 39-minute HBO Cazale documentary I Knew It Was You for North American DVD distribution. Directed by Richard Shepherd, the film examines the life of the under-appreciated actor who worked with the likes of Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and Robert De Niro, who are interviewed in the film, along with Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Rockwell and Brett Ratner, one of the film’s producers. Streep, Cazale’s fiance, threatened to quit The Deer Hunder when the producers didn’t want to hire Cazale, who was dying of cancer during the filming. De Niro paid to insure him for the film when nobody else would.

The film aims to bring overdue recognition to Cazale, who despite his short resume of five best-picture nominees (he died before the release of The Deer Hunter) had a major influence on those who knew and worked with him. Pacino says in the documentary, “I learned more about acting from John than anybody.” Enough said.

The film was produced by Ratner and Stacey Reiss, premiered at Sundance 2009 and aired on HBO on June 1, 2010. Its DVD release is set for the pre-holiday season this year.

That is a fantastic documentary. REally reccomend it to anyone who's seen his films (which basically means ALL OF YOU!).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby SilentBobX on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:40 pm

The day of glorious 1970s cheese has come...............

We wanted it.................

We needed it..................

We DEMANDED it...........

And now................................

Wait for it..................

Wait for it.....................

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Six-Mi ... ries/14132

You're welcome.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby JimmyB on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Charlie's Angels Blu-ray came out today. Reserved a copy of that.
JimmyB
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm sure somewhere along the line the agency that designed that box had the DVDs coming out of the egg, but the marketing gurus from Fox thought it cost too much money. They may have made the right choice monetarily, but fuck me if those DVDs came out of the egg? Yeah, this would be on my list of must haves.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 am

Must have. Must.

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/110/1108746p2.html

Apocalypse Now BluRay finally!
. 3-disc Full Disclosure Edition. The 2-Film Set will include both Apocalypse Now - The 1979 Cut and Apocalypse Now Redux and will also include over nine hours of special features. The Full Disclosure Edition will add the seminal making-of documentary Hearts of Darkness, a 48-page collectible booklet and storyboard, photo and marketing archives.

Three-Disc Full Disclosure Edition

* Apocalypse Now – The 1979 Cut and Apocalypse Now Redux
* "Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse" including optional audio commentary with Eleanor and Francis Ford Coppola
* 48-page collectible printed booklet with special note from Francis Ford Coppola, never-before-seen archives from the set, behind the scenes photos and more
* John Milius Script Excerpt with Francis Ford Coppola Notes
* Storyboard Gallery
* Photo Gallery, including images from photographer Mary Ellen Mark
* Marketing Archive
* "A Conversation with Martin Sheen" interview by Francis Ford Coppola
* "An Interview with John Milius" interview by Francis Ford Coppola
* Complete Francis Ford Coppola interview with Roger Ebert at the 2001 Cannes Film Festival
* Monkey Sampan "lost scene"
* Additional Scenes
* "Destruction of the Kurtz Compound" end credits with audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
* "The Hollow Men," video of Marlon Brando reading T.S. Eliot's poem
* "The Birth of 5.1 Sound" featurette
* "Ghost Helicopter Flyover" sound effects demonstration
* "A Million Feet of Film: The Editing of Apocalypse Now" featurette
* "The Music of Apocalypse Now" featurette
* "The Synthesizer Soundtrack" article by music synthesizer inventor Bob Moog
* "Heard Any Good Movies Lately? The Sound Design of Apocalypse Now" featurette
* "The Final Mix" featurette
* "Apocalypse Then and Now" featurette
* "The Color Palette of Apocalypse Now" featurette
* "PBR Streetgang" featurette
* "The Color Palette of Apocalypse Now" featurette