New and Upcoming DVDs and BluRays

Betamax and beyond

Postby LaDracul on Sat May 31, 2008 8:38 pm

Oh man, how many "Jake and the Fatman" bits can I think of?

Rose from "The Golden Girls" thinking the Fatman was two people.

The scene from "Family Guy". ("What do you suppose was in that danish?")

Well, two, apparently.

EDIT-Paramount is releasing a slew of its '80s movies under the banner "I Love the 80s" on August 5th. Covers can be seen here.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Re: New and Upcoming DVDs

Postby yorrick brown on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 pm

The Art of War 2 : Betrayal
Wesley Snipes reprises his role as “Agent Neil Shaw” in the adrenaline-injected sequel to the hit film when ''The Art of War II: Betrayal'' debuts on DVD August 12 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. After the murder of his long-time martial arts mentor, Agent Neil Shaw is called out of retirement and finds himself in the midst of a plot to assassinate several leading Senators with himself set-up to take the rap for a recent killing. Bonus features include alternate fight scenes and a bonus digital copy of the film, which allows consumers to unlock a digital copy of the film to play on their PC or PSP® (Playstation® Portable) System.

When Agent Neil Shaw (Snipes) comes out of hiding to vindicate his former mentor’s murder, he winds up on the trail of betrayal and lethal corruption. Under the charge of his friend and a senatorial candidate, his mission is to set things straight. But when more people turn up dead, Shaw realizes that he’s been set up as bait. Now he’s letting the fists fly to get to the bottom of an assassination conspiracy that everyone thinks he’s behind. It’s time to turn up the political heat and bask in the action of the martial arts master!

''The Art of War II: Betraya'' was directed by Josef Rusnak (''The Thirteenth Floor'', ''The Contractor'') from a screenplay by Keith Shaw (''Deadly Skies'') & Jason Bourque (''Dark Storm''). The film was executive produced by Phillip B. Goldfine (''Urban Justice'', ''Flight of Fury''), co-executive produced by Michael Sloan (''Max Havoc: Ring of Fire'', TV’s “Kung Fu: The Legend Continues”), and produced by Dan Lyon and Kirk Shaw (''Battle in Seattle'').

The Scorpion King 2 : Rise of a Warrior

This is the story of the young Mathayus, and the events that led to his becoming the Scorpion King. As a carefree boy of 13, Mathayus witnessed his father (a renowned Akkadian mercenary-warrior) being kidnapped and murdered by a jealous rival, Sargon. Sent to train at the illustrious Order of the Black Scorpion academy, Mathayus spends the next seven years learning to become a fighting and killing machine-driven by his vow to one day avenge his father. Convinced his only hope of defeating Sargon and his growing power is by retrieving a charmed sword from the Underworld, Mathayus embarks on a perilous supernatural odyssey--accompanied by the tomboyish wannabe-warrior Layla, the aspiring Greek playwright Ari, a freed Chinese captive Fong, and a few other characters he meets and enlists along the way. At stake is not only the fate of the entire Akkadian nation but of Mathayus's very soul as well.

Special Features
- Deleted scenes
- Making of The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior featurette
- Visual Effects of The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior featurette
- Fighting Like an Akkadian featurette
- Becoming Sargon featurette
- Beauty and Brawn featurette
- Creating a Whole New World featurette
- Gag reel
Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby LaDracul on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:14 am

I'm very cool with a "Scorpion King" sequel. Probably because I don't really consider it part of the Sommersverse. And Russell Mulchaey is supposed to be directing.

HOWEVER, are they insisting on tying this in with the new "Mummy" movie? Although I will have to point out that it's just plain nonsense to drag greek mythology into this as well.
Last edited by LaDracul on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 am

yorrick brown wrote:The Scorpion King 2 : Rise of a Warrior

This is the story of the young Mathayus, and the events that led to his becoming the Scorpion King....

Isn't that what the first Scorpion King was all about????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Just read the latest column by Harry.

Patton, The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far, and Hitler: The Last 10 Days out on bluray and dvd respectively. Absolute fucking marvelous series. Private Ryan has a bloodier opening but The Longest Day is a far superior film chronicling the Normandy Invasion, and unlike Valkyrie, the Germans speak German! How fucking original!

Also, is it just me or is that picture of Argento's Phenomena(I remember it as being Creepers), get doctored? I recall the left side of Jennifer's face being a skull, as if the bugs had eaten it clean off. Anyone?

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Coming from Warners October 14; press release:

Burbank, Calif, June 23, 2008 - The New World, Academy Award® nominated director Terrence Malick’s (The Thin Red Line, Days of Heaven) adventure-filled journey of discovery, will be released October 14 on DVD in a new amped-up Extended Cut. This edition of the critically-acclaimed, Oscar®-nominated epic recreating the turbulent first days of the new America now features more than 30 minutes of never-before-seen footage, heightening the viewing experience with more battles, more intensity and more visual splendor. Also included is a comprehensive, ten-part documentary – Making the New World – which captures the unique creative challenges filmmakers faced. The New World Extended Cut will sell for $19.97 SRP.

Synopsis
Powhatan tribal people stare in wonder as three ships approach shore. It’s a story every schoolchild knows; the story of Capt. John Smith (Colin Farrell) and Pocahontas (Q’orianka Kilcher). Now, as told by filmmaker Terrence Malick (Badlands, Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line) in this extended version with more than 30 minutes of footage unseen in theaters -- it’s a story you never imagined. Working in part from first-hand histories and adding his extraordinary sense of image and human drama, Malick crafts a visceral, spellbinding tale of the Jamestown settlement, of cultures connecting and of deadly consequences when connections fray. Christian Bale and Christopher Plummer also star.

Special Features
· A comprehensive, ten-part documentary Making the New World capturing the unique challenges of creating this historic epic.

The New World Extended Cut

$19.97 SRP
Feature Running Time: 172 minutes – Unrated
2:35 Letterbox
English 5.1 Surround & English 2.0
English CC, Spanish Subtitles

A bluray with seamless branching or all 3 cuts would be drool worthy.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Looks like noone mentioned it here, so:

PERSEPOLIS was released on DVD last Tuesday. I picked up my copy. They have an english version too for those of you who are anti subtitles. The movie is brilliant, it was also a nominee for best animated film in 2007.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:50 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Coming from Warners October 14; press release:

Burbank, Calif, June 23, 2008 - The New World, Academy Award® nominated director Terrence Malick’s (The Thin Red Line, Days of Heaven) adventure-filled journey of discovery, will be released October 14 on DVD in a new amped-up Extended Cut. This edition of the critically-acclaimed, Oscar®-nominated epic recreating the turbulent first days of the new America now features more than 30 minutes of never-before-seen footage, heightening the viewing experience with more battles, more intensity and more visual splendor. Also included is a comprehensive, ten-part documentary – Making the New World – which captures the unique creative challenges filmmakers faced. The New World Extended Cut will sell for $19.97 SRP.

Synopsis
Powhatan tribal people stare in wonder as three ships approach shore. It’s a story every schoolchild knows; the story of Capt. John Smith (Colin Farrell) and Pocahontas (Q’orianka Kilcher). Now, as told by filmmaker Terrence Malick (Badlands, Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line) in this extended version with more than 30 minutes of footage unseen in theaters -- it’s a story you never imagined. Working in part from first-hand histories and adding his extraordinary sense of image and human drama, Malick crafts a visceral, spellbinding tale of the Jamestown settlement, of cultures connecting and of deadly consequences when connections fray. Christian Bale and Christopher Plummer also star.

Special Features
· A comprehensive, ten-part documentary Making the New World capturing the unique challenges of creating this historic epic.

The New World Extended Cut

$19.97 SRP
Feature Running Time: 172 minutes – Unrated
2:35 Letterbox
English 5.1 Surround & English 2.0
English CC, Spanish Subtitles

A bluray with seamless branching or all 3 cuts would be drool worthy.

How did I miss this news? I hope The Great Pumpkin brings it to me for Halloween.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 am

Godfather Trilogy gets the BluRay Treatment

In related news, So Sorry sells both kidneys to buy new HDTV and Bluray player.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 am

so sorry wrote:Godfather Trilogy gets the BluRay Treatment

120 bucks. yowsa!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:22 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
so sorry wrote:Godfather Trilogy gets the BluRay Treatment

120 bucks. yowsa!

I know, cheap as hell, right?

Two of the best movies evar, remastered to produce the best looking transfer ever. And the DVD extras disk seems like its chock full of goodies that any cinefile would jizz over.

Well worth the measly 120 clams!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Hot damn! The Great Pumpkin can bring me that too!
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:31 pm

The Godfather Trilogy as gifted by So Sorry.

Ill PM you my address...
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby LaDracul on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Some crazy things at random...

FOX releases a Cliff Notes series featuring "The Crucible", "A Farewell to Arms", "The Grapes of Wrath", and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" on Aug. 5th. So obviously it's better to watch the movie than read the book...

Aug. 12th-"Legacy"-It's like "Jawbreaker", only it has Tom Green as the detective investigating the case of a geeky pledge dying during a sorority rush.

"Watching Detectives"-This was mentioned a while back with Cillian Murphy and Lucy Liu as two people that meet over film noir movies...I wonder why it didn't get a theatrical release...

Sept. 16th-"Another Cinderella Story"-Really, after they couldn't get the first one right, they had to make a cheapquel?

"Beyond the Door"-The "Exorcist" rip-off gets the DVD treatment. Creepy TV spot is here.

Oct. 28th-"GeGeGe no Kitaro" finally gets a R1 release...well, the live action movie.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 am

in the process of looking for the "Speed Racer" dvd release date i stumbled upon the scheduled release of the "Brotherhood of the Wolf": Director's Cut DVD on August 24th. dig it. love that movie and i really hope there are more than just a few seconds of added footage, and more like 15 or 20.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby guerillakarma on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Anchor Bay releasing Halloween......AGAIN

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/halloween4.html

Looks like a nice package but everything in there is nothing we don't already have. Had they added the Halloween 6 Producer's Cut, would've been a different story. But however is a good set for anyone who doesn't have any of the releases.
guerillakarma
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 am

LaDracul wrote:"Beyond the Door"-The "Exorcist" rip-off gets the DVD treatment. Creepy TV spot is here..

Holy crap, that actress looks EXACTLY like Kirsten Dunst!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:45 pm

— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:52 pm

— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 pm

bastard_robo wrote:WHERES THE MONEY LEBOWSKI?

Oh Yeah!
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:06 pm

I soo hope you mean Rodan. Incidently my buddy's father worked for a construction company named RoDan (I think the owners were named Robert and Dan. Regardless they used to have a big Rodan model as their logo.
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

I soo hope you mean Rodan. Incidently my buddy's father worked for a construction company named RoDan (I think the owners were named Robert and Dan. Regardless they used to have a big Rodan model as their logo.

As much as I love Rodan (quite comparable to Godzilla in the tone, but not on execution) War of the Gargantua's all ways captured my imagination as a kid and the movie translated well into my teen and young adult life. I think the fact that Monsters are guys in Ape suites translated well to the fight scenes and the overall coolness of the story. The ending is a bit of a cop out but then again, many TOHO films were.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:16 pm

We've got two more Criterion edition Jean-Pierre Melville gangsta releases coming our way in October:

- Le Doulos
- Le Deuxieme Souffle

I can't wait! Melville is the French crime cinema master.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Criterion is re-releasing Salo next month with a new transfer and some new features. The problem is that its a new transfer of the same old film. I find the picture to be an incredible bore but I know a lot Zoners have heard of it but haven't witnessed it yet. However, I do feel that I should point out the new transfer was HD so I expect this will be on Blu-ray within a year, in case you need your degradation at 1920x1080.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Criterion is re-releasing Salo next month with a new transfer and some new features. The problem is that its a new transfer of the same old film. I find the picture to be an incredible bore but I know a lot Zoners have heard of it but haven't witnessed it yet. However, I do feel that I should point out the new transfer was HD so I expect this will be on Blu-ray within a year, in case you need your degradation at 1920x1080.

That movie was disgusting.
I just watched it once,but I will never forget some of the "special" scenes.
cruel stuff....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Criterion is re-releasing Salo next month with a new transfer and some new features. The problem is that its a new transfer of the same old film. I find the picture to be an incredible bore but I know a lot Zoners have heard of it but haven't witnessed it yet. However, I do feel that I should point out the new transfer was HD so I expect this will be on Blu-ray within a year, in case you need your degradation at 1920x1080.

I still haven't made it all the way through that one yet.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Collector's Edition

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 pm

LaDracul wrote:Disney is reissuing "Nightmare Before Christmas" on a 2 Disc set and releasing it on Blu Ray this fall.

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Collector's Edition

Available On DVD and Blu-ray™, August 26, 2008

DVD BONUS FEATURES: * NEW! What's This? Jack's Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour - Viewers choose the way they want to tour Disneyland's Holiday Haunted Mansion. "On Track" explores a tricked-out version of the Haunted Mansion, while "Off Track" reveals what went into creating all the creepy fun. * NEW! Tim Burton's Original poem narrated by Christopher Lee - Tim Burton's poem that inspired the creation of the movie. Now, the original verse comes to creepy life as performed by legendary actor Christopher.Lee. * NEW! Film Commentary - commentary by producer and writer Tim Burton, director Henry Selick and composer Danny Elfman.

* NEW Introduction To Frankenweenie! - A new un-cut version introduction by Tim Burton. * The Making of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas - Go behind the scenes of the very first full-length stop motion animated movie with the filmmakers. * The Worlds of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas - Witness the creation of the film's richly imagined dreamscapes, including Halloween Town, Christmas Town and the Real World.
* Deleted Scenes
* Storyboard to Film Comparison
* Original Theatrical Trailers and Posters
* PLUS Tim Burton's Complete Short Film Vincent

source: Digitally Obsessed
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:We've got two more Criterion edition Jean-Pierre Melville gangsta releases coming our way in October:

- Le Doulos
- Le Deuxieme Souffle

I can't wait! Melville is the French crime cinema master.

if they are as good as "Le Samurai" then they are well worth the purchase price

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby LaDracul on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:08 am

Sept. 2nd-"Faerie Tale Theater: 26 Ways to Live Happily Ever After"-I'm guessing this was the reason why the episodes were taken off of YouTube...although, I really do wish someone would remake the series...and I wonder if the unaired episode is in it...

"Scary Godmother's Halloween Spooktacular" and "The Revenge of Jimmy"-Two delightful Halloween specials based on Jill Thompson's characters. Although her ghey but not ghey skeleton that lives in the closet is a painful pun. :shock:

Sept. 30th-"R.L. Stine's Mostly Ghostly"-Mentioned because Ali Lohan is in it. No, it's not the porn she's rumored to be in.

"Soccer Mom"-A fledgling soccer team gets help from their coach, a mom (Missi Pyle) that masquerades as a famous MALE soccer player. I'm betting her daughter goes into theraphy soon after...

Oct. 7th-"The Simpsons-The Complete Eleventh Season"-Krusty features on the cover, and has such classics as Homer trying to be a better dad to Maggie-
And then getting electrocuted by his makeshift Teletubby costume.

Oct. 21st-"Family Guy Vol. 6"

Nov. 4th-"Chowder, Vol. 1"

"The Christmas Toy"-Remember that special with Rugby the Tiger? I'm betting the Kermit spots are removed unless Lionsgate made a deal with Disney.

"Futurama: Bender's Game"

Nov. 11th-MGM and Fox join forces to bring out a HUGE box set of musicals. They have "The Apple" and "Rocky Horror", but no "Phantom of the Paradise"? What gives?!

Nov. 18th-"Doctor Who"-Both the fourth season and the animated adventures are released in R1.

"WALL-E"

Nov. 25th-"Fred Claus"

Dec. 2nd-"Prince Caspian"
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:21 pm

— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

RODAN and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:54 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

As much as I love Rodan (quite comparable to Godzilla in the tone, but not on execution) War of the Gargantua's all ways captured my imagination as a kid and the movie translated well into my teen and young adult life. I think the fact that Monsters are guys in Ape suites translated well to the fight scenes and the overall coolness of the story. The ending is a bit of a cop out but then again, many TOHO films were.

War of the Gargantuas is one of my favorite monster movies as well.

From Sci Fi Japan:
Source: Classic Media, Inc.
Official site: Godzilla on DVD
Special Thanks to Lisa Bull

Classic Media completes their “Toho Master Collection” with a 2-disc set of RODAN (Sora no daikaiju Radon, 1956) and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS (Furankenshutain no Kaiju: Sanda tai Gaira, 1966), featuring the American and Japanese versions of both films. As an added bonus, the RODAN DVD also includes the brand-new feature length documentary BRINGING GODZILLA DOWN TO SIZE.

The RODAN and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS DVD collection is available now from Classic Media’s Godzilla on DVD website. The set will be available from online retailers and in stores on September 9, 2008. The suggested retail price is $19.95.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:12 pm

TheButcher wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

War of the Gargantuas is one of my favorite monster movies as well.

From Sci Fi Japan:
Source: Classic Media, Inc.
Official site: Godzilla on DVD
Special Thanks to Lisa Bull

Classic Media completes their “Toho Master Collection” with a 2-disc set of RODAN (Sora no daikaiju Radon, 1956) and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS (Furankenshutain no Kaiju: Sanda tai Gaira, 1966), featuring the American and Japanese versions of both films. As an added bonus, the RODAN DVD also includes the brand-new feature length documentary BRINGING GODZILLA DOWN TO SIZE.

The RODAN and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS DVD collection is available now from Classic Media’s Godzilla on DVD website. The set will be available from online retailers and in stores on September 9, 2008. The suggested retail price is $19.95.

This disc set IS FANTASTIC..

I haven't Watched RODAN in about 4 years and forgot just how fucking good it was.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:12 pm

— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby travis-dane on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:15 am

bastard_robo wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

seconded!
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm

The Criterion blu-rays are now available for pre-order. Of particular interest to me are

and

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Sam Fuller's White Dog comes out via Criterion pretty soon. I've always wanted to see that one. Burl Ives is in it. Co-Written by Curtis Hanson.

Samuel Fuller’s throat-grabbing exposé on American racism was misunderstood and withheld from release when it was made in the early eighties; today, the notorious film is lauded for its daring metaphor and gripping pulp filmmaking. Kristy McNichol stars as a young actress who adopts a lost German shepherd, only to discover through a series of horrifying incidents that the dog has been trained to attack black people, and Paul Winfield plays the animal trainer who tries to cure him. A snarling, uncompromising vision, White Dog is a tragic portrait of the evil done by that most corruptible of animals: the human being.
Last edited by Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:The Criterion blu-rays are now available for pre-order. Of particular interest to me are

and

Those are probably the first two I'll pick up as well.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:44 pm

— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 pm

Nice low budget horror set. Sid Haig's in there somewhere.
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-House-Under ... 294&sr=8-1
Synopsis
Room 205
Wanting a fresh start, Katrine moves into a university dormitory but quickly learns the myth about a ghost of a former resident who was killed. The myth soon becomes a terrifying reality.

Brotherhood Of Blood
Two horror legends reunite again. After the success of Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects, legendary actor Sid Haig (House of 1000 Corpses, Kill Bill 2) and horror icon Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead) team up again in Brotherhood of Blood, a claustrophobic thriller about a team of vampire hunters who must infiltrate a nest of the undead to save one of their own.

Dark Floors: The Lordi Motion Picture
A father and his daughter try to escape a hospital that has mysteriously become a portal for dark creatures from a different world.

Trackman
A perfect bank heist turns deadly when the robbers and their hostages flee to an abandoned underground subway station where they encounter the Trackman, a deformed madman who prowls the darkness.

The Substitute
The sixth-grade students of a small town begin to realize that their new substitute teacher is an alien. When their parents don't believe them, they are forced to take matters into their own hands.

Dance Of The Dead
On the night of the big high-school prom, the dead rise to eat the living, and the only people who can stop them are the losers who couldn't get dates to the dance.

No Man's Land: The Rise Of Reeker
A sheriff and his son chase casino robbers, only to find that all of them are being chased by something else.

The Last House In The Woods
Young lovers escape a group of bullies seeking to harm them and then take refuge with a seemingly kind older couple... All too late, we discover that this older pair has a dark hidden secret which unfolds in the quiet, secluded Last House in the Woods.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 am

You probably saw me pimping this in several talkbacks, but Season 2 of Kim Possible is coming out on DVD in Germany and nowhere else! So if you like the show (and I know that many people do, but are just ashamed of confessing their love to a Disney Channel show, even if it's much better than all the other crap on this channel) and have a codefree player (Or...live in Region 2), then this is the chance for you! (Season 1 is btw already out and there is still no release date for outside of europe!)
Don't worry, it has the original english sound (plus the German, French and Dutch dubbing). Unfortunately it's pretty low on bonus material (They put an episode of Phineas & Ferb on it and that's pretty much it) and all episodes are in full screen (although the creators stated several times that every single episode was produced in widescreen), but hey, a great show is a great show and judging by the way how Disney treated it so far, a widescreen edition with audio commentarys will never come.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Pinocchio: 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition

Postby TheButcher on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 pm

From animated-news:
"Pinocchio: 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition DVD in March"
DVDTimes reports that Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have announced the release of
Pinocchio : 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition on 10th March, 2009.

Disney’s second animated feature will be made available for a limited time on a 2-disc dvd and a Blu-Ray disc.

Extras on the dvd set will include

“an all-new audio commentary with Leonard Maltin, Eric Goldberg and J. B. Kaufman”,

“No Strings Attached: The Making of Pinocchio”,

“Deleted Scenes (The Story of the Grandfather Tree, In The Belly Of The Whale)”,

“Alternate Ending”,

“The Sweat Box”,

“Live Action Reference Footage”,

“Art Galleries”, and more.

Full specs for the Blu-Ray disc can be found here.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:14 am

When you pre-order your Tropic Thunder Blu-ray be sure to get a case of Booty Sweat to keep your energy up after all that laughing.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby guerillakarma on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Anyone get the free poster for The Dark Knight @ Best Buy by Pre-ordering? I pre-ordered today and said they didn't have them but might when the DVD comes out, pathetic. At first they didn't know what the hell I was talking about when I said I wanted to pre-order the DVD even though it was splattered all over their weekend paper ad.
guerillakarma
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:56 am

Is there currently available (or is there going to be) an Indiana Jones set with all four films + features?

I know there's a vanilla set out, but that doesn't really seem worth it.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am

Fried Gold wrote:Is there currently available (or is there going to be) an Indiana Jones set with all four films + features?

I know there's a vanilla set out, but that doesn't really seem worth it.

They will release the super extreme DVD set AFTER you have finally broken down and bought the vanilla set. One day after your purchase. Enjoy your double dip!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Back to the Future

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:23 am

From movieweb:

You can go back to the 80s with Marty, Doc and the DeLorean in a all new special edition this February.

Back to The Future will be re-released in a brand new two-disc special edition on February 10.

This new edition will be priced at $19.98 SRP and the sequels Back To The Future Part II and Back To The Future Part III will be re-released and re-packaged on the 10th as well, although they will feature the same special features as before.

Special Features:

- Commentary with Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton

- Q&A with Director Robert Zemeckis and Producer Bob Gale

- Enhanced Conversation with Michael J. Fox

- Deleted scenes

- Outtakes

- Original makeup tests

- Cast and crew bios

- Making of Back to the Future featurette

- Back to the Future...The Ride feature

- Looking Back to the Future documentary (The Script, Casting Marty McFly, Christopher Lloyd Reflects on Doc Brown, The DeLorean as the Time Machine, Building Hill Valley, Prepping for the "Johnny B. Goode" Scene, The Score, Rushing the Cut, The Legacy)

- Excerpts from the screenplay

- Trailers
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Back to the Future

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:26 pm

TheButcher wrote:From movieweb:

You can go back to the 80s with Marty, Doc and the DeLorean in a all new special edition this February.

Back to The Future will be re-released in a brand new two-disc special edition on February 10.

This new edition will be priced at $19.98 SRP and the sequels Back To The Future Part II and Back To The Future Part III will be re-released and re-packaged on the 10th as well, although they will feature the same special features as before.

Special Features:

- Commentary with Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton

- Q&A with Director Robert Zemeckis and Producer Bob Gale

- Enhanced Conversation with Michael J. Fox

- gaffneyed scenes

- Outtakes

- Original makeup tests

- Cast and crew bios

- Making of Back to the Future featurette

- Back to the Future...The Ride feature

- Looking Back to the Future documentary (The Script, Casting Marty McFly, Christopher Lloyd Reflects on Doc Brown, The DeLorean as the Time Machine, Building Hill Valley, Prepping for the "Johnny B. Goode" Scene, The Score, Rushing the Cut, The Legacy)

- Excerpts from the screenplay

- Trailers

GODDAMN WHORES! thats purtty much everything on the og set.. which im not giving up because i got bob gale to sign it at a bttf screening!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

PreviousNext

Return to DVD / Blu-ray