Which Battle Royale version?

Betamax and beyond

Which Battle Royale version?

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue May 30, 2006 6:31 pm

Having never seen this and seen it recommended in all sorts of places, I am looking for some confirmation...

Is this version worth the money, £7.99?

If not which version/publisher/import should I be looking for?

I searched the forums but couldn't find any comparisons but feel free to flame if I overlooked something obvious.

Thanks for any advice.
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue May 30, 2006 6:36 pm

yeah , thats the version iv got , its a good film & that is a good price , there was a 2 disc set in a tin case , but im sure it was a limeted edition
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Iconoclastica on Tue May 30, 2006 6:40 pm

Go for that version - I honestly don't think it's available legally in any other format.

Regardless, I really recommend reading the novel (or the manga, which I haven't read, but I've heard is damn good, if that's your thing) before seeing it . . . the characters are really thoroughly developed in the book, whereas in the movie they're pretty much thrown at you . . . the story lines vary in some ways too, and the book is more exciting/action packed . . . surprisingly :-p

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue May 30, 2006 6:43 pm

I saw the manga version in a book shop the other day, which is what prompted the musings on the film.

It's always been at the back of my mind to see it, I just never got round to it.

Thanks for the advice I'll see whats on the shelves next time I visit Waterstones!

[Edit] in case anyone is interested, Play have the Manga, editions 1-10, in a 4 for £18 offer here
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Return to DVD / Blu-ray