Just Checked Out This New DVD, The Dialogue Series

Betamax and beyond

Just Checked Out This New DVD, The Dialogue Series

Postby fattmy on Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:28 pm

My friend emailed me this link a few days ago: www.thedialogueseries.com
Basically, it's a DVD series of interviews between producer Mike DeLuca and some of the bigger names in screenwriting (Haggis, Goyer). I have to say that I'm pretty psyched about this, particularly because the series features a David Goyer interview (big fan). I'm interested in seeing how interviews with screenwriters translate to DVD. I was never really a fan of Inside the Actor's Studio, but I think that's more of my bias against James Lipton than the show's format. I love reading interviews, so I figure that these will keep my attention. I checked out some of the teasers on the website and they look pretty interested. I just purchased Vol. 2, and I'm looking forward to checking these DVD's out.
fattmy
GLIB

Postby fattmy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:07 pm

So I’ve been thinking about going to film school for screenwriting for a little while. Maybe more because I just graduated and I’m finding it hard to cope with the real world…I just want to go back. But I’ve always been a writer, and I took a screenwriting class my senior year that really made me get serious about pursuing it as a craft. Well, I posted here about the Dialogue Series a little while ago. I finally got around to watching some of them. First off, they’re pretty good. I’ve only watched David Goyer’s and Jim Uhl’s interviews, but I was impressed by what I saw.
In each, the interviewer asks the screenwriter if they think beginning screenwriters should go to school for it. Goyer gave him a flat out no. He says that the Internet can provide you with all the information you can learn in film school. I found that pretty interesting. Uhls said “not really.â€
fattmy
GLIB

Return to DVD / Blu-ray