Nightbreed DVD

Betamax and beyond

Nightbreed DVD

Postby raasnio on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:58 pm

[quote]Finally, Barker expresses his continuing desire to one day deliver to horror fans an “un-tampered-withâ€
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby RaulMonkey on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:08 pm

Me and my good friend Peter, who I've known since grade two, watched this movie at a sleepover once. And then years later he claimed to me that it took place in Calgary, and was surprised I didn't remember. Was he pulling my leg?
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby papalazeru on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:12 pm

I'll be looking foward to this version of Cabal.

Enjoyed the film, would like to see more of it considering I read the book and loved it.

I was rather hoping that Barker would do a sequel.

I do think its about time he did Weaveworld though, good book and would make an excellent film with todays SFX.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Logan5 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:31 pm

Nightbreed is one of my favorite Barker movies, next to Candyman and Lord of Illusions Director's Cut.

I would kill to see a mini-series based on Imajica.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:59 pm

Lord of Illusions is an unsung Scott Bakula classic. Nightbreed has some of the finest and most original physical effects design ever and deserves to be seen in its full, uncut glory. Count me in!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:43 pm

:shock: Wow, they're doing a movie version of "The Thief of Always"! Cool!
A director's cut of "Nightbreed" would be excellent, since I felt something was lacking in the original :?

I always thought a movie version of "The Great and Secret Show" would be awesome... but I have no idea how they would pull it off.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby raasnio on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:30 am

Vegeta wrote::shock: Wow, they're doing a movie version of "The Thief of Always"! Cool!
A director's cut of "Nightbreed" would be excellent, since I felt something was lacking in the original :?

I always thought a movie version of "The Great and Secret Show" would be awesome... but I have no idea how they would pull it off.

I agree. What's sad is someone is writing a screenplay for Coldheart Canyon to bring it to TV. This coupled with the fact that a new team is bringing IT to TV again makes me shake my head in disbelief. Coldheart Canyon is a twisted novel of dark fantasy and horror and any version made for TV is likely to be a neutered one. IT was one of the sickest things King has ever done and TV cannot do it justice. It's sad really.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby The Hellboy on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:19 am

Warner Home Video now controls the rights to this film. (I love it when the filmmakers don't even know where their work is at)

I doubt this will ever happen - an uncut version - I remember hearing that most of the unseen footage is lost. I'm not sure if that's true, but it wouldn't be uncommon.
Aw, crap!
The Hellboy
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Return to DVD / Blu-ray