AWESOME... I FUCKIN' SHOT THAT

Betamax and beyond

AWESOME... I FUCKIN' SHOT THAT

Postby King Psyz on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:50 pm

Again the beastie boys come correct with a DVD release. Why is it they have figured out the whole idea of DVD with multiple angles and content so far ahead of many studios and other music video releases?

Well go cop this shit, and if you're in the states, get your at best buy cause you get an extra disc of nonsense content, but hey extra is extra. nawhatimsayin
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:53 pm

this played in theaters for one night down here a month or two ago. i almost went despite my general distaste for the beasties, because it looked like a decent concert flick. but then i had to fuckin work. lame. i may still check it out on the netflix.

happy birthday, dude.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:54 pm

Fucking 'ell King Psyz, for a minute there I thought you had read Fried Gold's 60 second movie thread, thought 'fuck all this discussion' and just went out and shot something to show us all how easy it could be.

You Landoing betraying liar!!

Fucking Carbonite.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby King Psyz on Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:04 pm

I think I might do a quick video of me on my morning bike to work, just to see the hell that is bicycle riding in Las Vegas during morning rush hour.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby buster00 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:37 pm

Brocktune wrote:this played in theaters for one night down here a month or two ago. i almost went despite my general distaste for the beasties, because it looked like a decent concert flick. but then i had to fuckin work. lame. i may still check it out on the netflix.

happy birthday, dude.

Same story in my part o' the country. I had to work that night too.

But I like the Beastie Boys.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 pm

check your head is the only one of their records that i really liked.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:45 pm

ill communication was excellent...

It's got sabotage, and what else do you want?
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:50 pm

it was basically all throw away tracks from check your head. it felt half-assed and rehashed, i didnt really like it too much and i was never too into them anyways. check your head and ill communication are to the beastie boys what achtung baby and zooropa were to U2. IMO, check your head is the only record they ever released that was really fresh and groundbreaking. i dont buy that shit about paul's boutique, for, as ive stated in the past, that was all the dust brothers.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:40 pm

I only really love one song of theirs, and that's Get it Together (feat Q Tip). Mostly because of the feat Q Tip part. Oh yeah and rhyming Chachi and Joanie (from Happy Days) with Cheese and Macoroni (apparently this is food) deserves some mad ill props yeaaah boyyeeez dun it black?!?!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:45 am

Brocktune wrote:i dont buy that shit about paul's boutique, for, as ive stated in the past, that was all the dust brothers.

man, good to know the Brother stoners are into biblical jewish stories ("Shadrach"), can come up with couplets like "snifter-shoplifter / selfish-shellfish / cellular-hellyouwere / fuck this-Butkus" and can make "I'm Adam and I'm adamant about living large..." sound pretty damn dopealicious.

I bet you think George Martin was the 5th Beatle too, dontcha?

And why have the dusted Brothers never again approached this level of muscial collage without the Beasties, eh?

If anything, give props to the boys for having impeccable taste in producers. Sonically, Licensed to Ill / Paul's Boutique / Check Your Head are leagues apart, yet they made each distinct sounding album theirs, no small feat.

But yeah, it's been all downhill since Check Your Head...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:45 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:man, good to know the Brother stoners are into biblical jewish stories ("Shadrach"), can come up with couplets like "snifter-shoplifter / selfish-shellfish / cellular-hellyouwere / fuck this-Butkus" and can make "I'm Adam and I'm adamant about living large..." sound pretty damn dopealicious.

i have always felt that the majority, not all of them, but the majority of the beasties rhymes are garbage, and they rhyme about nothing. to me, they are kind of like the adam sandlers of the rap game. like it doesnt matter as long as it rhymes. i tend to be impressed more by lyrics that have what i would consider more depth. "i like my sugar with coffee and cream"?! come on. weak. there are a lot more examples, but that is the first one to come to mind. and dont even get me started on just how atrocious "license to ill" is. i absolutely loathe that record.

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:I bet you think George Martin was the 5th Beatle too, dontcha?

hey, if the shoe fits...

just kidding, everybody knows that the fifth beatle was clarence.

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:And why have the dusted Brothers never again approached this level of muscial collage without the Beasties, eh?

they do amazing work with everyone that they work with. i think perhaps because they havent done an album with another band that is as popular as the beastie boys. they did some work with the Squirrel Nut Zippers that nobody ever heard about. i would imagine also, that they may be kess prevalent on other records, because there is much more input from the other bands. i.e. on a beasties record, there is a lot more for them to do than there would be on a They Might Be Giants record.

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:If anything, give props to the boys for having impeccable taste in producers. Sonically, Licensed to Ill / Paul's Boutique / Check Your Head are leagues apart, yet they made each distinct sounding album theirs, no small feat.

on that we can agree. although, i would dispute the greatness of rick rubin. but hey, im also the guy that hated sin city, so what would you expect?

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:But yeah, it's been all downhill since Check Your Head...

also agreed.

i dont totally hate them (except for license to ill), just think they are overrated, thats all.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to DVD / Blu-ray