Page 1 of 1

THE TICK DVD!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:01 am
by bastard_robo
Just got it today, im fucking glad this series is finally out on dvd. little pissed that i dont get Tick vs The mole Men, but fuck, i at least get everything else!

Re: THE TICK DVD!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:40 am
by Keepcoolbutcare
bastard_robo wrote:Just got it today, im fucking glad this series is finally out on dvd. little pissed that i dont get Tick vs The mole Men, but fuck, i at least get everything else!


SPOON!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 am
by Shane
I had the live action series on DVD. That show was funny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:08 am
by Peven
one of the funniest fucking shows ever. back when it was on tv my saturday mornings revolved around it. my buddy and i would coordinate our wake&bake and breakfast munching to coincide with the start time of The Tick, and as the show started would be calling out "Spoon!". good times, goooooood times. 8) :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 am
by Bob Samonkey
I have some copies copied from TV and I happen to have Tick vs. The Molemen. I still want to get this though...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:36 pm
by brainiac
The good news is... I can throw out my crappy bootlegs.

But what's with no Mole people?

I was just reminiscing about this show with a friend
and we got to calling out our favorite bits and cracked ourselves
up so bad that those around us were giving us that "You're totally
weird" look as thay backed away.

Fun stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:03 pm
by The Garbage Man
brainiac wrote:The good news is... I can throw out my crappy bootlegs.

But what's with no Mole people?

I was just reminiscing about this show with a friend
and we got to calling out our favorite bits and cracked ourselves
up so bad that those around us were giving us that "You're totally
weird" look as thay backed away.

Fun stuff.


I think it's a rights issue with Marvel or some such thing.

Interestingly enough, that episode was written by Chris McCulloch AKA Jackson Publick AKA the creator of "The Venture Bros." He's mentioned that he wasn't particularly disappointed the episode was dropped since it was one of his first and he doesn't think it's very good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:06 pm
by tfactor
cartoon network plays these episodes on a never ending loop, and pretty much every night of the week. I just recently watched the moleman episode a few days ago, weird!

"Hey, you're the guy who made my head hot! I'm not gonna let you make my friends' heads hot!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:08 pm
by Chairman Kaga
tfactor wrote:cartoon network plays these episodes on a never ending loop, and pretty much every night of the week. I just recently watched the moleman episode a few days ago, weird!

"Hey, you're the guy who made my head hot! I'm not gonna let you make my friends' heads hot!"

Since when? Are you thinking of Toon Disney because The Tick is not on Cartoon Network.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:32 pm
by tfactor
Chairman Kaga wrote:
tfactor wrote:cartoon network plays these episodes on a never ending loop, and pretty much every night of the week. I just recently watched the moleman episode a few days ago, weird!

"Hey, you're the guy who made my head hot! I'm not gonna let you make my friends' heads hot!"

Since when? Are you thinking of Toon Disney because The Tick is not on Cartoon Network.


oops, damn you're right! my mistake, in my defense I have it setup to record automatically on my dvr, so don't often go looking for it in the guide, but yes it is toon disney not cartoon network. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:08 pm
by Chairman Kaga
phew. I thought I had been missing something there for a minute.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:23 pm
by Kilgore
The reason 'The Tick vs. The Mole Men' isn't on that DVD is due to legal entanglements with Cindy Crawford, who apparently was not such a big fan of her general likeness being the basis for the model in that episode.

And, since she's got a lot of free time, apparently legal action was proposed to fill her day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:03 pm
by tfactor
you see, here I thought the episode wasn't being played because Paul Giamatti was sueing the show for his general likeness to the mole king
Image
Image

Re: THE TICK!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:04 am
by TheButcher